Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

LifeLynx posted:

I've been addicted to Super Auto Pets, and now I want something else that is similar in some ways for under the $8.40 I have in Google Play Bucks. Something strategic, turn-based where I can look up or put it away at literally any time without losing anything, low to mid on battery hog (I'm on a Pixel 3a XL), and very replayable. It doesn't need to be an auto-battler or multiplayer like SAP, I just gave it as an example mostly for the ability to put it down and continue whenever I want.

Slay the Spire if you havent gotten it already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Honestly authentic remakes to all the old popcap stuff would be gold.

Id love a new PvZ and Peggle.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Pawnbarian is out on Android.

A neat rogue like using chess pieces as your movement.

Its a free demo with iap to unlock the entire thing.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

foutre posted:

Anyone have reccs for games to play that are very pause friendly and don't require too much thinking? Aka, to play while laid out/semi-conscious with covid.

I was thinking I'd go through the kairosoft catalog - haven't played one since dungeon village - but wasn't sure which to try out.

Troll Patrol or Pawnbarian. Both are vertical, one handed turnbased games with enough thinking to keep you conscious but dumb enough that you can be out of it.

Kairo's stuff is great tho.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

explosivo posted:

I have no idea if it's any good yet because I just started but Paragon Pioneers seems like a cool mix between Anno and an idler. It looks like a match 3 thing from the images but it's just tapping on tiles to manually collect resources for supply chains.

Ive been playing it and thats my impression of it too. Its quite slow, or maybe im just incredibly inefficient.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Is the Xcom2 port good?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I've been playing it. The gameplay is decent and the games are fast, but the card acquisition system is just loving idiotic and probably going to kill the game before it even actually releases.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I'm still waiting for Xcom2 to go on sale.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
God, I forgot how much I miss these dice sounds.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Have they improved progression or is still dogshit?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

explosivo posted:

I saw Stacklands show up in the new top charts for games on Android and got excited but it looks like this is literally an unrelated dev porting the game to android shittily and then charging money for it on top of serving tons of ads once you get in the game? This "nova.pig" developer also has "Peglin 2" available for purchase for $4. At least "Crazy ArrowLegend" is not just called "Archero". Uh, how can they get away with this?

Thanks for this, I almost picked it up thinking it was official.

God I need a port of stacklands

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Some of the passive uniques can get absolutely bonkers

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I think he's referring to the level 11 elite that does 4 swipes, all the same direction, centred around the player.

Hes definetly ended a few runs for me, I've had success either outrunning the swipes, or having so much armor and health along with some sort of regen that I don't care.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
That's a lot of deflecting about the monetization.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Legends of Runeterra showers you in free cards. I have a nearly complete collection with zero spent. It really shows up the money grubbing bullshit in other tcgs.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

malnourish posted:

On a different note, Dawncaster is one of the better mobile deckbuilders I've played. It can't touch the best like StS or Vault of the Void, but it's fun and playable in portrait.

Looking forward to the VotV mobile port, along with Gordian Quest.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I think someone on here mentioned the existence of a Stacklands clone that wasn't just a rip off? If that rings any bells, please let me know the name of the game.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

CuddleCryptid posted:

If you want to clear a level in LBAL then mining really seems the way to go, since the Amethyst + Dame combo is unbeatable, but once you unlock essences the game really does open up. I beat my last level with just omlettes by thousands of gold.

I just unlocked essences and they're great. Somehow ended up with Watermelons worth "x4" and just cruised to victory in a fruit cup.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

CuddleCryptid posted:

Is there a way to get any significant amount of watermelons other than getting fertilizer and a shitload of seeds? Slotting them into Very Rare makes synergy with them pretty tricky, especially when their perk wants you to get multiples.

There was another essence that gave +2 Watermelons.

It was a pretty God run, so I'll be chasing that dragon for a while.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

explosivo posted:

Got lucky in a game just now where I managed to get a Pirate, 3 king midas, 3 hex of midas, 3 wildcards and basically every turn the pirate is getting buffed. He's up to +300 now, and the wildcards are usually nearby too giving the same amount. It's very fun when you land on a powerful combo and are able to whittle your set down to exactly what is needed to make it flat out broken.

Edit: the item that lets you swap two symbols after every spin is really friggin good.

I tried to copy you, but never got a pirate... Thank God for the 2x Triple Coin essence otherwise I would have drowned in coins.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

I liked LBAL but it feels like the game ends just as it gets interesting, and it takes a hair too long to get there.

I really wish we got an item at the beginning.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
You could try Roundguard for some more but different peggle rogue like action.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
LBAL chat:
I really thought I did well with my Flower/Sun's bullshit where I had the flowers 5x value by themselves and the "Sun always adjecent" essence but it's nothing compared to you maniacs.

Merge Mayor chat:
I started playing this due to the thread recommendation, and I am enjoying it. Very chill and generous.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

Anyone have recc's for pass-and-play games that are pretty light/simple but still fun? My partner and I want to play something on plane rides together, but she doesn't like playing Scrabble with me because I have all the cheap words memorized. Ideally no strategy games or card games. Most of what I'm finding out there are tactical.

My wife and I enjoy Ticket to Ride, as I will go for the game winning strategies while she just tries to interfere as much as possible and then win.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Sounds like she's the one going for game-winning strategies

I meant to say "extravagant and unnecessary strategies" but I hadn't had my morning coffee yet so brain no work good.

But yes, you would be correct.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

GetDunked posted:

It requires some android file knowhow, but you might try one of the many modded campaigns people have put together for pvz2. Other than that, I'm not sure there's anything among the 800 billion tower defense games on the play store that quite nails the same pacing and positional focus that it does.

Thanks for this, I had no idea it existed.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Ive been using steam link to main line Astrae for my card/dice needs

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Early on I take whatever I feel will work best short term or take advantage of any early synergies. Soap is an early favorite. I will never skip until I got 25 tiles.

Once I get towards the 3rd rent payment I should have an idea of what way the run is going and will start to skip anything that isn't amazing (I always take Watermelons) or related to my synergy.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

explosivo posted:

Oh man, subpar pool is real fun

Yes, thank you for this

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I've just tried buriedbornes for the first time. My fighter guy was one shotting dudes, then I fought a guy who wouldn't die, then he did die. Then I fought a minotaur, died a bunch but didn't die? Then I killed the minotaur. Then I had to butcher a body, of which I can have 3. Now some weird guy is giggling at me.

I'm more confused than when I started.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Krisxk joined for some Mayor Merging

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Once they enable Mayor raiding tho it's gonna be crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Lowness 72 posted:

Wildfrost is coming to iOS and Android on the 11th

I honestly felt it was quite meh.

Loop Hero comes out at the end of the month, and then I just need Balatro and I'm set.