Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I got 70p for saying I went to John Lewis yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Geokinesis posted:

What stores should I loiter around in the UK to get surveys?
John Lewis.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I just got a survey asking about airlines I'd flown on this year. 60p. My last flight was in March so it probably wasn't targeted.

On topic - the shortyz crossword app someone recommended to me a whole back is the only android game I've played in months.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'm still waiting for a sequel to Devil's Attorney. :smith:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Any good single player offline games released this year that I can play on a plane?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Morpheus posted:

So here's a quick, bizarre puzzle game in which you must find your video game system while avoiding your mother called "Hidden my game by mom".

It's weird, it's quick, and it's free. But it's pretty fun!

Edit: you may be thinking "how does trying to find your gaming device be interesting through all these levels?" Well, in the fourth level it's in an alligator's mouth. And it only gets wilder from there.
This is cool and good and everyone should check it out.

It has annoying ads but it's worth it.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I've got $3 of store credit...what's a good paid game that works offline and doesn't need a fast phone to work properly?

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 18, 2018

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

VelociBacon posted:

Does or doesn't?
Oops, doesn't. I've got a Moto G4.

I'll have a look at the suggestions. Haven't played any android games in a long time.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I use this thread as a way to get and share info about new and good android games, but more often then not it's just pages upon pages of guild invite requests for some new tittygirl gacha trash

Yeah. I have it bookmarked in case something interesting comes out, but that seems rare. The gacha game stuff is just sort of depressing.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Ghost Trick never made it to Android.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Any RPGs (paid or free) that work offline? I've got a transatlantic flight coming up.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'd like to play another Eden but the download always fails at 99.8% :(

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

CompeAnansi posted:

There is a trick to this. What you do is you close out of the game, then when you reopen it you spam the 'help' button in the bottom left corner, then tap 'reacquire data'. Then it will proceed to download all over again, but this time there won't be an error at the end.

Thanks, this worked.

The music in this game is fantastic.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I have a flagship phone for the first time in many years. Are there any good easy to control games with nice graphics that take advantage of more horsepower? I just tried Genshin Impact but I don't really like touch screen action stuff, so adventure, puzzle, or RPG stuff would be good. I know I'll just play the dice game and shortyz crosswords eventually though.

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 15, 2021

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The troll king keeps kicking my arse on hard. Just can't keep up with his damage while damaging him in turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Yaas, finally beat hard. Thanks for the advice. Saving up mana was a game changer. Although I also benefited from an artificer with infinite items.