Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

XboxPants posted:

Attack the Light is really good. It's basically a Paper Mario/Mario RPG clone, which of course makes it great. Pretty good depth to the combat system. It's a licensed cartoon game so maybe the kiddiness will bug you, but the game part is good.

Keep in mind that if you don't use all your attack points you can roll them over to the next round and do a bigger attack, or combo together moves that you normally couldn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s1QAekqX-Q&t=47s

Why couldn't they have made this an Adventure Time game instead of giving them a card battle and a ski free clone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

So, I can't say anything for sure really, but I might have been beta testing a game based on a popular zombie comic book that has spawned a popular zombie television show that will be releasing in the next few weeks, and if I was, I'm sure it was a shitload of fun. I would probably highly recommend it once that thing comes out, if I could talk about it at all. It might be an episodic squad-based combat city building game or something like that. I don't know. I guess we'll all find out together.

And yeah, you read that totally hypothetical thing right- it would be based on the COMICS. Which is pretty cool. EDIT: Would be pretty cool. Would be.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Len posted:

Would it be like the comics where it's fun and interesting for a bit, then incredibly boring for a long time, and then finally getting "interesting" again by killing 80% of the cast and repeating the cycle?

I envision it as more of an alternate reality universe where your team of randomly acquired folks from the zombie comic.. Where you could hypothetically have folks like "Dick" the small town cop with one hand, "The Mayor" from the quaint town of "Stoneberry", "Lishonne" the stoic sword wielding lady, and that "Jesus" dude from The Bible could all fighting side by side against the undead, or even the living depending on the situation. Maybe you could rebuild Stoneberry after the events that went down at the Jail House. I really wish I could get more specific than that..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Len posted:

Nah there's a difference between just a comic and Kirkmans writing style. Kirkman is particularly bland.

I'm a big "Invincible" fan.. wish that got more press.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

So I started Hitman GO at the advice of the thread and I like it, but I blew one of my little "?" hints on the first loving level because it never said what they were. I thought it was a pending tutorial message or something. Do they regenerate or something? Should I restart? Does it matter?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the restart button on the options.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 17, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I didn't play a whole ton, and to be honest I think I missed some of the town tutorial. I set out alone and it had me buy 2 sets of armor for some goddamn reason- chain and leather- and I could really only afford 1. Now I'm over-encumbered. What the hell? Was I supposed to find another traveling companion or something?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

mrkillboy posted:

All of SNK's paid games are on sale for 99 cents.

Any of them worth a drat on a phone?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Did anyone else just get a Google Play balance boost? I just did a 50 cent survey and my balance is several dollars more than I was expecting.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Farquar posted:

My father gave me the same advice when I graduated college, and now I own my own staffing company!

Funny, mine did the same thing, and I spend most of my day in a straight jacket. I type with my nose. It gets awkward sometimes.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Lurker Above posted:

Does anyone know any of the castle secrets in Siralim? So far, I've got:
  • You can recruit an Ale Troll in the castle somewhere. It's probably what inflicts the Buzzed, Drunk, Smashed, and Tipsy statuses.
  • If you summon enough monsters, someone named Slib (after the DWM1 starter slime?) in a hidden room somewhere will give you a new monster.
  • A section of the wall between the enchanter and the blacksmith can be walked through.
  • The potted plant in the upper-right corner of the War Room says "Activated" or "Deactivated" when you talk to it.

Can you link whatever game this is? Sounds interesting.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I was spelling it "Sirilam" and getting a bunch of "Siri on Android" pings.. :doh:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, I guess so. Obviously, I answer the surveys truthfully, because if they DO decide they're interested in hearing from a 30-something white, middle-class Canadian father who has a background in audio, I'm their guy. I did once look up a logo/company name so I could answer a question correctly in order to continue the survey.

I have been tempted in the past to just come up with bullshit, but since I have no idea what they're looking for most of the time, it's not worth it.

They'll call you out on your poo poo sometimes if you give them crap answers that they've extrapolated from previous answers. I try to be as honest as possible.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Oh hey! Here's that Walking Dead game I beta tested and totally could't tell you guys about but did anyway! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scopely.headshot

It's pretty loving solid. Give it a shot.

Edit: your first pull is ALWAYS Harlan. He's solid but replaceable later on. Only given as a freebie because he's a rare healer.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 2, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm US and downloaded it?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hmm wonder if it has to do with the beta app on my phone. When I installed it patched before it let me in. There's others playing but I didn't bother to ask their nationality. When you get access though, it's worth a look!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kid posted:

not compatible with Note 4, Tab S 10.1, or Nexus 7 2012 as well

I have it on my S4 and Nexus 10.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Len posted:

How much PvP is in it? I'm not a big fan of the games where you lose all your resources because you went to sleep.

Not much, get attacked and you get a 24 hour shield from future attacks unless you go out and cause trouble yourself. There's a limit to how much they can take from you but I don't know how that's calculated. Resources aren't super hard to come by though.

I don't know what to tell you guys that can't get on, maybe it's just the beta thing. I put it on my tablet that I never installed the beta on and it works fine. Chat does sound like a lot of Aussies though so I don't know what's going on. It may be tied to my Gmail account somehow.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I had some time so I thought I'd jot stuff down for people who CAN play. When it is available to everyone, I will self-quote. For the record, I've experienced zero crashes. Not sure what the reviews are talking about.

-You have to equip consumables on your "Edit Team" window. This is only because there's 5 slots, but lots of consumables. Only have to do it once for things like health replenishment supplies, even if you're at 0 it will hold the slot until you get more.

-On that same note, weapons are equipped by TEAM, not CHARACTER. You can make 3 teams, but you have to re-equip weapons if you remove someone from that team. If you want a different team with a different character, you can give them the same weapon you gave someone else. This is handy if you want to make an anti-walker team, an anti-human team, and an anti-player team. You choose which team is on "Raid Defense".

-Pay attention to your "team leaders". Some have much better leader powers than others.

-Don't bother leveling up scrubs under 3 stars. Even one of the dudes you start with is 2-star, you can junk him and he'll still show up in cut scenes. To level up characters, you basically combine them with a bunch of low tier characters. It's a weird system for a realistic game, but meh.. gotta do something with all the scrub survivors you find.

-When leveling, characters will give a bonus for combining them with characters of the same "type". Some of these are Peacekeeper, Leader, Rebel, Citizen.. and these seem to have no purpose other than leveling. If you happen to find someone who is exactly the same (Lily with a Lily, Harlan with a Harlan, etc), you get a much bigger leveling bonus, but don't sit around and wait for this to happen. Just throw everyone together, but tyr to combine the scrubs of the same type with your actual team members of that type. There is a +% chance to leveling up a character's "Adrenaline Rush" (Limit Break) when combining them with themselves or people with the same type. This is RARE, and you have to save up a lot of people to give it a high enough % chance of happening, but all it does is decrease the amount of AP you have to build up to trigger it. It does NOT make it stronger, so don't get bummed if it doesn't happen every time. The early beta build you got a much bigger shot at it and it was insane, I maxxed out every character's power and you could do it every other round. The second beta they way undercut what I thought would have been reasonable, and they seem to have left it that way. It's really not that big of a deal though, so don't sweat it.

-Don't spend Coins on buildings like they force you to do in the tutorial. Save them for Elite Character Tokens or Weapon Tokens.

-I mentioned this before, but Harlan is ALWAYS your first pull, so don't bother going back to restart if you don't get a 4+ star. That said, they throw recruitment tokens at you when you're leveling up, but if you want to spend cash, be my guest. In Beta, they let you buy stuff but have since refunded it, and they threw in "extras" with currency bundles. For instance, if you bought the $30 bundle, you got Michonne, who is a really stellar 5-star, but she takes up most of your team space early game. Lower tiers just gave you weapons and stuff. THIS HAS BEEN ELIMINATED, but you may want to wait and see if they reinstate it during the "full" release.

-RARELY, you can find big name characters as random drops from missions. This only happened to me once in beta, but I got Rick as a random character from a mission. At the time (and it could still be the case) there were two tiers of Rick, one was "Prison-era" Rick and one was "Alexandria-era" Rick. I got "Prison-era", who is the less rare one, but he's still a solid find.

-Achievement rewards stay banked until you claim them. This is handy when you hit a reward that gives you a poo poo-ton of food but you're already full on resources. Achievements are also tiered, so you get 100,000 Wood and you get a reward, then maybe the next one is 300,000, then 1,000,000 and on and on...

-There's a [>>] button in the lower left that puts everyone on "auto attack". It's nice for easy missions, but you have no control over when they'll use their "Adrenaline Rush" (think Limit Break). Once the game decides it's their turn, they might waste an AE on a single guy, or a group heal on a full health party. These carry on through waves, so it's nice to build them up.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 13:41 on May 2, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

So far it's everything Star Command should have been.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

It's pretty choppy but I think that's part of the look.. as though it's way too retro. I'm going to give it a fair shake in between all the other nonsense I have running right now. Just a slew of solid games coming out these days.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Goddamnit, what am I doing..

mgkk6926

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Onean posted:

Well, you got me this, so thanks for that.

Edit: You can also send requests for missing artifacts that they may have to complete your set, and vice versa.

Aw come on, your mask goes on your face.. I got a sweet Japanese Fox Mask and it's on the back of my head for some reason.

EvilElmo posted:

Yeah. I also have a lot of money.

Do I just use it on upgrading my digging thing?

That's what I've been doing. It's a loving hammer now. :redhammer:

So, another question- at the end of the map, there's some kind of "depth" leaderboard. How are people getting twice as deep on the same map as me if the chests are at a preset depth? I don't understand.. Maybe I'm missing something crucial.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

NinjaDebugger posted:

It's actually traditional to wear the kitsune mask on the back of your head, or the side, oddly enough. I don't know why, I just know you do.

Then my character wears it properly I suppose. It is kinda on the side.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

nexus6 posted:

I've hopped on the pocket miner bandwagon and added a few goons, but to be honest I have no idea what I'm doing. I just tap the ground and the camera starts moving on it's own so I feel I have to go faster then it says my pick is broken?

A lot of people have jumped in, but if you add the list of goons linked earlier and claim the rewards, you get a poo poo ton of cash and can upgrade your pick a bunch of times. I think mine is up to ~100 taps before breaking rather than the starting 30 or so, and that's almost certainly due to goons.

I wish the +Energy purchase wasn't so much. I gave the game $1 for the bundle deal that it was advertising because I'm digging it and that was entirely Google Home Depot Fun Bux, but $5 to take your max energy from 5 to 8? That's pushing it..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I wish you could keep a certain hammer for aesthetics. At this point, my pickaxe is literally Mjolnir, and I never want that to change.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

5 more goons and my friends list will be full! If you jump on now and take the time to add all the people it puts you at a huge advantage. Wonder how much of the game that burns by eliminating a ton of grinding? I do still get some frantic challenge to the game, just trying to keep up with everything, but having tens of thousands of bux to upgrade my pick is huge.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm flummoxed by Labyrinth 3. I've gone through it like 7 times and keep getting stuck.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Pocket Mine deserves more thread space than bullshit idle number multipliers. gently caress the haters. :colbert:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Konsek posted:

Is the factory even worth using? And are gems particularly hard to come by? I think I've wasted a few.

I'd unlock one, maybe two factories. When you complete an Artifact set, you have to claim the reward through the Factory. Plus, you're going to get a bunch of magic cubes throughout the game, you might as well do something with them.

Edit: VVV Haha, I was editing my post to include that.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Seabeard doesn't look like it should be a mobile game. I'm really impressed so far. I've never played Animal Crossing, but I can see putting time into this game. So if my friends or wife or someone plays, can we link our islands up or share resources or anything cool?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Seabeard question - do you ever get a way to offload outfits? I have 4 outfit pieces sitting in my backpack taking up a ton of real estate not knowing they wouldn't disappear into some sort of wardrobe. Have I just not unlocked it yet?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

So, my wife got a survey about her opinion of a local water park. She had never heard of it, but she had accidentally hit 'Yes' when they asked if she'd been there. The next question asked what her favourite attraction was, and then when she picked one at random, the survey told her that the question was a test and that the water park didn't exist. It then said that her answer will determine her eligibility for future surveys and rewards.

Is she completely screwed for future surveys? :ohdear: She really does answer honestly, and just made a mistake.

Hah, I don't know about her survey future, but I had the same survey this morning. It was something like Karl's Water Slides.. which I'm a big fat guy and don't go on water slides because they hurt. :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I can't figure out the friend system in Seabeard. I know I have a friend playing. If I tap on Facebook, it gives me a random list of friends, but not the one who I know to be playing. It won't pull from Google for some reason. What am I doing wrong, or do they do a little tutorial on it eventually? I'm not super far, just built the Food stall but working on getting red paint for the second vendor house or whatever it is.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I got a question about sports and the only one I do is golf, about twice a year.. But then it asked how often I did it, and the options were like "every day, once a week, once a month, never" ..who golfs every day? Professional golfers don't golf every day. And I don't go once a month, but if I picked Never I was afraid it would be like "BUT YOU SAID YOU PLAYED GOLF YOU LIAR!" Give me something to work with Google! I just want your digital pennies!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

But whatever you do, answer truthfully!!

For reals, they will call you on your bullshit in a heartbeat. They keep track of all that stuff.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Baldbeard posted:

Re: KoP&P2. It's crazy how fast my opinion changed on this game after beating it. The game is way too short and too easy. Even if the game has literally 2x the main story missions it would feel short.

Wow, thanks for that.. almost pulled the trigger.

In other news, $0.72 for visiting a Lowe's this weekend to buy a new toilet seat after the little rubber foot under the old seat fell off and got flushed. What a world.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dodoman posted:

Star Trek Online is alright

It gets old after a while, but it was a blast for a time. I just enjoyed having full control over the body sliders of the crew and staffing every position with giant breasted alien women. Kirk would have been proud.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yeah I kinda cringe when I see it heavily promoted here, but since there's a bandwagon now.. I thought it was lovely too. Regret spending money on it, but it was Home Depot Fun Bux, so meh..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Oh poo poo, rogue-like throw down. Sproggiwood comes out then too, also for 10bux

I've been playing the beta if Sproggiwood, and it's a perfect port. Not surprised, since the game was kind of meant for mobile.

So let's say I'm only willing to pay for one. Sproggiwood?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

That's a really loving tough one. Flip a coin and plan to get back to the other one later.

TLDR: Both are great, Sproggi is a great poop game, DD is a great laying in bed game.

Sproggi is more of a slimmed down traditional roguelike whereas Desktop Dungeon is essentially a puzzle game with rogue-like inspiration.

I think Sproggi is a better poop game. Desktop Dungeons can be really brutally challenging. You really need to focus on a full strategy for each time you hit a dungeon. Part of what the initial "marketing" was for Desktop Dungeons was that it was bite sized, but it's really only a quick/easy game of you want to lose. You have to think about who to attack, what order to take out the enemies, and how to exploit your abilities to maximize your xp generation. It can be a serious mental workout.

Sproggi is also a tough game, but it's much simpler in that you don't need to agonize over just about every move. You've got a really specific toolset for each character, so you really only need to think about which ability to use in each situation. It's more forgiving about making mistakes and I'd say that it's overall much more "fun".

They're both great games.

:effort:

From the sheer look of the visuals, Sproggiwood looks like something I'd enjoy. Not that I'm into cutesy looking games, but I get frustrated easily with hardcore roguelikes, and I've had my eye on Sproggi on Steam for a while. If I can get it on my tablet and phone to play at the office, I'll call it a win.