Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
Game of Thrones has great production values. Plus it's loving Game Of Thrones. A+, would get for free from Amazon again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

mrkillboy posted:

Anyone who has fond memories of the 2004 PC game Evil Genius may be horrified glad to know that there's a free to play mobile remake out on Android now.
giving this a try. The Facebook game was full of lovely timers, so I'm not optimistic for this one.

I still play through the original game occasionally- it's super fun, even though at its core it's a game about waiting (which is why the Facebook game made sense). If the original let you pay to complete things faster I probably wouldn't enjoy it either.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
If anything the new levels are easier.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
Pocket mine 2 was fun, but as soon as I ran out of keys I was done. Is there any reason to keep playing after that point?

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Pixel dungeon.

It was better before the equipment and map changes but it's still a solid title.

Just get Shattered Pixel Dungeon. It's a fork of the project that is an improvement in every way, IMHO. No equipment degradation, for example.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Does it being back the square level design that made it easier to find hidden rooms?
I believe so. I usually have no problem finding them. It also indicates when jumping down a level will get you to a lower level room.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
What NDS games play best on Drastic? Is it responsive enough to play action games? Am I going to wish I had a stylus?

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, I've been getting back into Defense Grid again, on Steam, and was wondering what the best and closest game to that on Android would be? Really, a polished tower defense game, preferably not bogged down by f2p bullshit. Don't mind using survey bucks.
I'm a fan of D. G., and I've only found a few td games that match it.
Plants vs zombies is the best one, although too easy. No IAP required. Worth a play through.

Radiant defense is amazing. You'll need to buy at least one of the premium towers to finish it, unless you don't mind replaying single waves literally hundreds of times. I've finished it with one premium tower, and now I'm beating my head against it without the flamethrower tower, which I lost when I changed devices.

Jelly defense is awesome as well. It does require you to tap to pick up coins constantly during game play. No IAP at all.

I'm grinding IAP in Castle TD2 right now. Stay away, I'm only still playing because I don't understand the sunk costs fallacy. If you were to try to buy enough IAP to finish the hard mode without grinding you'd spend hundreds of $.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What would be everyone's top 3 games on Android? Three titles that, if you could only have that many on your phone, those would be them.

1. Hearthstone
2. Shattered Pixel Dungeon
3. Minesweeper Collector

In-room Multi-player: Spaceteam.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

Turtlicious posted:

... I'm looking for something a bit more difficult and puzzle-y that's still a Match 3 game or at least similar too it. Does anyone have good recommendations of games of this type.

Try a Nintendo DS emulator (drastic) and get the original puzzle quest. It's better than most match 3 games I've played on Android.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
I've been enjoying Shattered. I ascend about %10of my games. The additional artifacts are great.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

FistEnergy posted:

Xcom for 2.99? Absolutely!

Giving this a try. I busy discovered that the dev studio is where I frequently ride my bike! Small world.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

YggiDee posted:

Just wanna thank whoever posted Minesweeper Collector, Hexagonal Minesweeper is the best thing I've ever seen.

I find the hex levels to be the worst. There's almost no deduction to be done.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

Brightman posted:

The gem fragments or whatever they are are on the second levels that unlock with Rank I which you gain when you have 125k rating points. I found out about that from the game dev's website, I don't think it's stated in the game anywhere which is sorta aggravating.

I did find it in the app, as I was looking for it yesterday. It's on page 2 of the help in the dungeon selection screen.
I spent my first 25k+ on upgrades to the skills. I do't see that there's any point in upgrading gems until you have the cost reduction skill up pretty high. Getting the skills high enough that you could actually get one of the rank 1 skills looks like it'll take about 50k gold. None of the skills help you get gold any faster either.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
Jelly defense is reasonable, albeit challenging.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
Why not?
Click this link to add me as friend in Pocket Mine 3.
http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=ndtc6301

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

AnimalChin posted:

Whoever posted about Minesweeper Collector is my hero. The game is excellent and has a ton of content.

For years I never had the patience to figure out minesweeper, but now I feel like a pro.

Thank you.

And there's an update out today!

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
Anyone play the Bloons td battles game? It seems fun, but the additional $5 fee to play your friends more often than every 6 hours seems a bit steep.

Is it full of charges like this, or will that open it up enough to duel with my son repeatedly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
I just installed Draconius Go, a ripoff of Pokémon Go. If you quit PGO because of the bugs, poor performance and disabled tracker, give it a try. There are far more things to do and stops to visit (unless you live in a city).

I'm liking it so far. It's lacking the charm of pokemon, but it's clearly a better game.