Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

You just can't buy devices with it.

edit: I think. I can't actually find anything to back up that claim now.
Yeah, that's still the case.

quote:

Items ineligible for purchase using Gift Card include certain items in the “Devices” section of Google Play (e.g., phones, tablets and related device accessories)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajosh
May 3, 2002

FYI - if you got in on the Amazon Coins they were giving away last year, they'll be expiring at the end of the month.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

wall monitor posted:

Yay, another game that doesn't work on the phone I bought new three months ago. (Galaxy 5)

I mean it doesn't look /that/ graphically intensive...
It's not available everywhere yet so it's probably that. On Thursday it'll probably show as compatible.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Unormal posted:

Sproggiwood is $4.99 till December 1st to match PC's Thanksgiving Day sale.
Just bought it today, I had been waiting for it to go on sale again

datajosh
May 3, 2002

HelloWinter posted:

I think there was an older post asking this (couldn't find it again sadly, my bad...) but is there a good app to track down and help alleviate battery drainage? Ever since I started mostly playing apps during the day like Gumball and Tap Titans etc, I notice my phone's battery doesn't last for more than 24 hours unless I don't forget to charge it every night... It's troubling when some days it just dies and my morning alarm doesn't ring. :(
I still use BetterBatteryStats from xda, although you'll need to use adb to give it the correct permission without root.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

The Duggler posted:

Oh right, duh

This will get updates via the Play store once it's out properly too right?
I think it should. Dandy Dungeon updated for me recently and I had sideloaded it originally.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Len posted:

Is there trading or battling yet or is it still just a walking sim?
No trading or player battles, still "coming soon"

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Did anything change recently to allow just any old bluetooth controller to work with Android? I recall it getting locked down so that you had to root your phone, is that still the case?

I have a dualshock 3 I'd love to use.
I seem to remember reading that the DS4 will work via Bluetooth without root, but the DS3 will not. (Either will work wired though.)

datajosh
May 3, 2002

explosivo posted:

This is more of an apps question but it is related; Is there a podcast app you guys use that doesn't pause during some games? I use Doubletwist and like it pretty well but some games always pause my podcast while open and it makes me not want to play them on break or whenever I'm listening to something.

I think this only happens in games where you can't disable the audio, just turn the volume down. But I have heard people say not all podcast apps do this so I thought I'd ask.
I don't really listen to podcasts but I have come across games that will completely kill the audio from any other app while they're running and I'm not sure there's a workaround in that case.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Double checking to see if PPSSPP is still the de facto PSP emulator for Android. Do the alternatives on the Google Play Store offer anything better aside from new, wonderful advertisements?
I'm not sure there's a legit competitor to PPSSPP. Plus, it's open source so a lot of the alternatives are probably just a direct rip off.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Good point. Think I might drop the $6 this time around for kicks.
Just so you know, the free version and the gold version are the same, the gold version just works as a donation to the developer.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Downloaded it, played it, uninstalled it. I can't see paying $10 to unlock the rest.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Kelp Plankton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CSoIo6XqvQ

Power Rangers Legacy Wars came out as a tie-in to the new movie's release, but the roster includes a bunch of classic and modern TV rangers as well as some villains like Goldar.

It's a fighting game (real-time live PvP) but it doesn't play like the mash-happy Contest of Champions clones out there. Instead it's spending power on special moves almost exclusively, with a cost-free block ability too. There's a bit of a rock-paper-scissors thing going on but there's a lot more to it than that. Honestly, the game has some real fighting game feel to it, moreso than the other mobile fighting game attempts I've seen. The game gives you the new Red Ranger as your starter dude and then a random pull for your second one, but I don't know if rerolling matters since you'll probably get a few more without too much trouble.

It's kind of barebones right now but I'm having a lot of fun with it. There's some bugginess and the servers have some issues since it's day 1 but it's worth checking out. If people are interested we should set up a guild for whatever guilds get.
I looked at the screenshots and now I want doughnuts

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Star Platinum posted:

I just noticed that Grim Fandango, Machinarium and Kathy Rain are available on Humble Mobile Bundle for $1. I mainly care about the first two, are they good ports?
Machinarium seems to be, I can't remember if I played the entire game on my phone but I at least did most of it. I haven't played Grim Fandango on mobile though. I've heard Kathy Rain is a good game too.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

pappawurm posted:

Anyone know of a good baseball game? I'm more interested in building players and teams then hitting the ball.
I was going to recommend MLB Manager but it sounds like this year's version has some bugs that need to be fixed first.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Len posted:

Wait did EA make a second f2p Sims game?
They sure did, only available in Brazil right now I believe.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Man, this Magikarp Jump reminds me of Survive! Mola mola! in a lot of ways.

Edit: holy poo poo the same developer designed it, that explains things

datajosh
May 3, 2002

EzEight posted:

South Park Phone Destroyer is out, soft launched in certain countries.

Anyone can give a review?
Someone put it on APKMirror but it doesn't work because they put a loving license check in a free game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajosh
May 3, 2002

With all the Pocket Frogs talk, I'm surprised the goons from Nimblebit haven't shown up in here yet, I remember they used to look for beta testers for their games here on the forums