Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Spot on with the Soda Dungeon recommendation, thanks goons! I think this will finally get me to uninstall Clicker Heroes :sweatdrop:

I assume the idler functionality comes from the Banker upgrade? It doesn't seem like there's a way to make my guys do dungeon runs while not playing the game (other than turning on Auto-resolve and letting the game run, I mean).

explosivo fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

mrkillboy posted:

All the GTA games are on sale for $3 ($4 for San Andreas).

I picked up San Andreas and it constantly crashes on my S7 Edge :smith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

133X on Tiny Tower

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Apparently Kairosoft is working on a baseball game.. I will be all over that poo poo. Pocket Arcade Story is good (and my first Kairosoft joint in a while) but doesn't quite scratch the same itch that some of the other A+ titles from them have done for me in the past. Not sure what it is. The fighting mini game is pretty cool though.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I assume this is Sky Force Reloaded? I remember playing this game way back on one of my first Android phones and it surely has improved a lot since then.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Just started playing Tap Tycoon after hearing Jeff talk about it on the latest Giant Bombcast because the Katamari game is kind of poo poo, and this seems like a good one. Any goon-run Investment Groups out there?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Any interest in a Tap Tycoon clan investment group? I know myself and some others were looking a while ago but it costs 500 diamonds to start one. If there's still people playing this like myself I'm willing to start one up.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 31, 2016

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

mrkillboy posted:

Reigns is a new card-based casual strategy/CYOA-kinda game where as a monarch you make rulings for your kingdom by swiping cards left or right (like Tinder) while trying to balance support from the church, military etc. It's pretty interesting, and while I was a bit concerned whether there's enough content in the game to justify the $3 price tag, it looks like there's actually quite a bit of stuff to uncover.

I'm having a good time with this so far, although everything seems to be pretty much up to luck of the draw. Haven't managed to have a king live longer than 23 years yet :(

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anyone playing Legendary: Game of Heroes? Despite looking and sounding like one of those lovely games advertised in other f2p games it's actually a fun PAD clone. Looking for a little guild action if one exists :)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Applied to Summonthing Awful. Thanks for making a guild!

Edit: It's a little annoying that even with sound/music off you can't listen to audio while playing this game. I just want to listen to podcasts while playing :(

explosivo fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 18, 2016

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Do we have a guild for Animation Throwdown? It's kind of a simple game but I'm having fun with it, especially finding all the references you get from combining stuff. Would have liked to see *some* voice acting though.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Heads up; Rungunjumpgun was just released on Android today, it's a port of a Steam release that seems pretty drat perfect for a mobile platform. Having a ton of fun with it right now, it's like a fast-paced action game with instant death and quick restarts in the vein of VVVVVV.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm a little bummed that Burrito Bison seems to end with unlockable recipes that do nothing but tell you how to make a delicious salsa or guacamole? Was kind of hoping for more after this but I'm very close to unlocking all the bonuses. Fun game though!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

xanthan posted:

So uh, what do you do in Burrito Bison once you unlock both recipes? It just kind of keeps going without any change except the wall getting harder and its weird as hell if the number of recipes only fill half the slots.

Nothing, the game ends there and there are only two recipes despite having four slots. I was bummed to find that out and uninstalled once I got the first recipe. Was fun while it lasted though!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

mrkillboy posted:

Also also out is The Battle of Polytopia, which might finally be the Civ-like game on mobile you've been looking for all this time.

This is really cool so far!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Do we have a clan for Tap Titans 2? I've been filling my time in-between Galaxy of Heroes stuff with this and the sequel's got me right back into it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

MisterBibs posted:

Found and kinda love a game called Potion Punch. It's kinda like other games where a bunch of people come to your shop to buy food and you need to make it for them, but I think I like this one more than most because the artwork is expressively cartoony.

It can be a little gently caress-you difficult. Some days I'll have people that just want a straight Red Drink or Grilled Lizard, and the next day it'll be swarms of people who want way more complicated drinks, and back again.

This is fun so far but I'm looking at the recipe list and :stare:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Seconding both the fun and "gently caress YOU" feelings of Potion Punch. It reminds me a lot of Cook. Serve. Delicious.

I like CSD a lot more because the controls on mobile were actually pretty good. You just tapped to accomplish everything IIRC. I don't like how you have to drag everything around in Potion Punch, I keep messing up orders because I dragged slightly too imprecisely.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This is more of an apps question but it is related; Is there a podcast app you guys use that doesn't pause during some games? I use Doubletwist and like it pretty well but some games always pause my podcast while open and it makes me not want to play them on break or whenever I'm listening to something.

I think this only happens in games where you can't disable the audio, just turn the volume down. But I have heard people say not all podcast apps do this so I thought I'd ask.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So my issue with the podcasts is that some apps let you resume it by just tabbing over to the app and resuming the podcast, but there are others (like Potion Punch for example) that pause it every time I do this. With Doubletwist, it takes away the notification thing on the top once the podcast pauses so in order to resume it I have to actually switch apps, resume, then switch back to the game I'm playing. I thought I remembered reading before that this was a per-app basis thing on the side of the podcasts which is why I asked if anyone had dealt with this before. It could just be that it's up to the app to decide if it pauses any background audio or not while playing and I may just be SOL.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

mrkillboy posted:

A port of side scrolling kingdom builder Kingdom New Lands is now out for Android.

Oh shiiiiiit. This is a good game, people.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Wow, One Finger Death Punch 3D is trash. It's almost like they have no idea what made the original game fun.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Perhaps a dumb Postknight question: how the hell do I progress past C-9? I'm stuck in the 3rd world and have fully grinded/upgraded the Flitter set but I'm not sure how to get to B so I can go to the next area. Do I have to go back and complete the past levels on Hard now?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Huzzah! posted:

Next to the bulletin board, there is a mailbox you click on that gives you single stages that reward postknight tokens or whatev that increase your rank.

Fuckin hell. :doh:

Thank you!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This Transformers game seems alright, do we have a clan yet?

Goddamn does it kill your battery though.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kairo's Shiny Ski Resort is pretty good yall! I'm still not positive about some of the mechanics, probably because of the engrish translation, but it really opens up once you unlock the ability to do races for money.

I'm definitely at that inevitable point in every Kairosoft game where I'm so big that the money is just rolling in. At this point the collectible materials are mainly what's holding me back.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 19, 2017

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gilg posted:

There were some posts in this thread about Postknight but I've just picked it up and had a question. I see the IAP rings in the shop for 800 gems ($5), which is a bit much for me, but during a random level I got a traveling merchant that sold me one of the rings and some extra gold and gems for $2. Are the other rings going to show up like that too, so I can save some money?

Honestly I don't know why you would buy any of the IAP's in Postknight. I loved the game but ran out of content so quickly. They haven't finished the game yet so it just 'ends' and I imagine getting those IAP's will only hasten that.

I picked up Dungeon Defense the other week when it was free and man, is this game extremely my poo poo. Half of the mechanics are still locked out for me but slowly making my way through it and I'm loving it so far.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This Chroma Squad port is pretty great! I've been playing it the last few days and I'm definitely enjoying it so far. Only complaint as of now is that the menu for upgrading your studio is pretty much hosed and it's almost impossible to click on anything in that menu. Seems like a weird touchscreen bug that I assume will get fixed eventually.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh god I just discovered Realm Grinder thanks to a post in the Steam thread about the game coming to Steam. Why do I keep coming back to these types of games? :smith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Digital Jedi posted:

Well for those that are going to playing Pocket Mine 3. Here is my link to add me as a friend

http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite/index.html?uid=zxkv5232

Added you! My link is below for anyone who needs more friends.

http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=jcpk2200

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A real Animal Crossing would be a REALLY GOOD cellphone game. Hoping it's not some match three spinoff or something else that is not an actual Animal Crossing agme.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Morpheus posted:

It's not that bad, I find. Basically performing a move costs a bread. You have a maximum stockpile of about 125 bread or so, maybe more, which replenishes over time. If you run out of bread in a mission you can quit, or watch an ad to get back 25 more. Typically a mission can run you about 20 bread, give or take, if you're just trying to beat it, but more if you want to complete all the quests (6 per), some which can take a lot more moves. Regardless, I haven't found it constricting yet, and if you really want to, you can pay moneys outright to remove this limit.

Game's pretty fun actually so I was thinking about just dropping the $5 to remove this restriction.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Looking to apply to Al Goona if any slots clear up. :unsmith:

May need a second goon clan for this if there's enough interest.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Any new games like Shop Heroes out there? I played this game religiously with goons a while back and loved it, got the hankering to play it again so I reinstalled it but it's been so long I have no idea what the gently caress I'm doing anymore.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Any good newish management sims out there? I'm playing Fiz again right now but looking for something new to get hooked on.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

BobTheJanitor posted:

If anyone remembers Idle Mage Attack, which was pretty well received here a couple years back, it's getting a full makeover and relaunch as Tap Wizard RPG. The game mechanics, which were already solid, are mostly unchanged. It's mainly an idler, with optional power ups to tap on, but no insane carpal tunnel tapping. A good 'I am at work but still want to feel like I'm having fun out of the corner of my eye' sort of game. The graphics have received a huge update, from bland programmer graphics to a professionally done pixel art style, and there are some minor gameplay tweaks. Just hit open beta, and if by chance you still have the old Idle Mage installed, you can export your save string from there and import it to Tap Wizard to keep all of your progress.

This game is great so far and pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Can anyone explain the lantern better than the in-game description? I read it a few times and still have no idea what it does :smith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Tap Wizard: What is Empowering at the obelisk? Is it worth using the paid currency to do? I'm going to assume it gives you the benefit of Enchanting without having to start over which is pretty meh if so. 250 smackers for +1 seems very not worth it in that case.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Got it, thanks. Any recommendations on which assistant to choose? Coming up to 400 runite now so I'm getting close to being able to afford one.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

hooah posted:

When does this meditation happen in Tap Wizard? The game hasn't mentioned anything about it yet, and I just got to zone 50.

You need to complete a run of The Dark Portal (the 4th dungeon) which lasts 20 waves. After that you can meditate. You should be able to do it at level 50, I think I did it the first time around level 47. I got back up to 50 and can't get past wave 2-3 in there now though so it might be harder the second time around? There's a lot about this game that is poorly explained but I can't stop playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

BobTheJanitor posted:

The dark portal zones start their difficulty level at the level you find the key. So on the first meditation, you find the key around zone 30, and the portal will also start at the equivalent monsters to that zone, and then go up by around 15 to 25 levels (it varies in length, or at least it did in IMA). After meditating once, your next run will find the key around zone 45ish, I think. So you'll need to be closer to 60 or 65 before you try the portal again. Generally you can do the portal and meditate for each run around late 40s, 60ish, 70ish, and then late 80s. Then on the next run you get all the way to 100, get stuck on the doomstone for a while, finally beat that, and then go to NG+ and start the process again.

Oh poo poo, good to know. I didn't even realize when I got the key this run so that makes sense.

Edit: Here's a question - What the hell do I do with all these Blink runes? I have no idea why these are a thing because jumping back slightly doesn't seem to really help at all unless I'm missing something.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 28, 2018