Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

tarbrush posted:

Thanks for redoing the thread, there was a whole load of good stuff buried in the old thread.

It still exists, and the OP asked people to suggest stuff for the new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Tafferling posted:

I just wanted 80 days but the average is more than its normal cost :(

Sounds like you probably shouldn't pick up this bundle, then.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Hitman GO is 99 cents.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.squareenixmontreal.hitmango

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Frogmanv2 posted:

$10.25 here.

Yeah, they fixed it already. It was supposed to be $7.99 initially in the US store (and that is the price on iOS), but they accidentally priced it at 99 cents for a while.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

precision posted:

:wooper:

All of them are good, but I remember Book 3 being the most fun, with 4 and 2 close behind. Book 3 is also really, really hard though.

I beta tested it, and it's really great. It's got differences from the book, usually in good ways, but one really cool way. If you've read the book it'll be very obvious. A new mechanic that is central to the book. It's a lot of fun, and I beat all 7 serpents (on my second try). Can't wait for book 4.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I get like one survey a month and it's always for 30 cents or less. I wonder why they don't like me.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Gyre posted:

What are some good turn-based RPGs that aren't remakes or rogue-likes? I'm okay with perma-death, but I enjoy my random dungeons on PC instead.

I'm not sure these are renowned in any way but the Gurk series brings that very simple old Dragon Quest gameplay that pulls me in.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

It was on page 11 or so:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3707022&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Mine will not be full:
qjtn8667
(it is now)

Added it to the list, as well. I've already added everyone that's OPEN on the list.

Chinook fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 13, 2015

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

willus posted:

it's an entertaining, silly game, plus it's real cool for learning about the mola mola! I had no idea that they got spikey at an early stage of their development before I played it

I got pretty addicted to this one. Just learning all of the dumb ways they can (supposedly) die is strangely entertaining. I ended up getting my weight bonus up to over 700%, and cleared the entire game without spending any money (except 99 cents up front to clear ads, if that was an option, I forget).

There are a few secret ways to kill your fish, too. Experiment!

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Jingleheimer posted:

Yeah same here. I love all the stupid ways the Mola Mola can die.

There are 5 ways you can kill a Mola (and increase your weight bonus, by doing so) that aren't normal in-game reasons. There are clues in some of the in-game text, but I will list them out with spoilers, here:

Take a bunch of screenshots with the camera button.

Turn your brightness way down.

Shake the poo poo out of your device (you'll see bubbles). This takes a little while.

Tap the fish a bunch of times. You brute.

During the intro screen, destroy all the little fish eggs that are spread all over. Never had a chance...

I would say to save these until you get to a point where you are having trouble actually killing your fish off, because you've done all the adventures/food deaths enough that they are pretty safe. Basically, if you want your fish to die to cash in one the points for upgrades. Or just do them all for 75% worth of bonus weight permanently.

You can get up to 365% food bonus, and up to 765 I think, on New Game + by doing all the various deaths.

If you hit 5000 kg, you can choose between Blessings and "Freedom and Hope". Blessings leads to staying in the aquarium, growing old and blind, and 5000 MP. It's also a special way to die, and gets a weight bonus. Choosing Freedom and Hope leads to breaking free, and growing even bigger in the open sea. You will not die with the second option, unless it's from food or adventures, or one of the ways I listed above. It's probably not a bad idea to save a few of those instadeaths for this point in the game, or just grind on "Blessings" for a bit.

Once you get everything, you'll unlock New Game +, and your weight bonus carries over. I think it is called "Hard Mode". Make sure you've maxed out the weight bonus before doing this, or else you can't ever reach the maximum weight bonus.

It's fun. I finally unlocked everything (had to finish up the last 4 or 5 Food Count bonuses) and never had to buy points (except again, possibly one small purchase to remove ads, if they existed, I forget).

The mola mola is the largest fish with bones in the world. Squids/Crabs/Whales are bigger, but they are either not fish, or don't have bones. :eng101:

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

hooah posted:

Wow. I tried Tales of Illuria for a few days, but even on easy it's incredibly stacked against you - Jon and Elric whiff at least half the time, and I couldn't keep in top of provisions for the life of me. It will have been nice to know ahead of time how ridiculously unforgiving that game was before I wasted several hours on it!

Jesus Christ no kidding. I got about 90 minutes in and sparred with some party of adventurers. They annihilated me. Awesome "sparring session," jackasses. Also, how could I possibly afford horses and saddles?

I like so much about it though. If only travel happened twice as quickly and resources were twice as abundant. Maybe I'll give Casual/Easy a try. I'll spar those jerks right into hell.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Alphabear is fun, but the slow replenishment of the (two!) in game currencies is really overbearing.

Nice.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Amazon App Store has a game called Factory Balls for free today, and it's basically an old flash game where you have to decorate toys using limited tools to make them match the template. It's really fun for the hour or so it takes to complete.

Also, Sky Force is a free airplane vertical shooter with upgrades with fairly inoffensive IAP, and it's my current jam. I'm sure it's been mentioned before here but its definitely worth checking out if you haven't.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

It's only a matter of time before someone gets "struggling toddler" in that and it gets posted to Fox News as Asian game developers trying to corrupt our youth.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

YggiDee posted:

Well, I Have Built A Boat. Is there much to the New Game+? Does the lady with the garden do anything?

Yep, talking to her on your 2nd and third run through the game adds a cosmetic change to your boat.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Yeah dude. That poo poo is for kids. This thread is for posting a bunch of tired screenshots of bears saying dirty things.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Mazebert has a time scepter or something you can equip on a tower to speed up time, and it's something you can eventually use as a starting perk. Yeah, it's kinda dumb.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

overseer07 posted:

This is a really cool game. My code is n34ZCvPf

I put your code in. Here's mine, let's keep it going. :)

RHU5Jjjm

I have such a soft spot for Dragon Quest.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

EvilElmo posted:

Accepted you both.

I'll accept anyone who applies. We got 40 spots. If we fill up I'll start booting.

Applied as Cirrus Paxton.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Farquar posted:

I'm buying Sproggiwood once my play credit hits $10.

That's what I did, and I was going to suggest that until I saw your post.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

galahan posted:

Concerning pixel dungeon I'm pretty sure if you take your armor all off you require less food and then equip it when enemies are two spaces from you.

That sounds fun.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

My Star Wars Heroes ally code is 293-147-121.

Please add me!

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Kheldarn posted:

Due to a bunch of goons in the Marvel Heroes thread playing Marvel Future Fight, there's now a thread for it.

Thanks, just came here to check. Stumbled onto this game in the Play store and really like it. Sure it's F2P, but it's fun as far as those go, and I don't feel too compelled to shell out.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Viper915 posted:

I really enjoyed Another Case Solved and got significant playtime out of it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noodlecake.anothercasesolved&hl=en

It has in-app purchases but they're easily disregarded, you can play the entire game without spending a penny. There is a mild 'energy' system but I didn't find it cumbersome, but you wouldn't be able to beat it in one sitting I guess.

I picked this up when you mentioned it, and I'm loving the game. Definitely a game I would be happy to pay $5 for the full version of, and I don't feel like the paid options are bad at all. I did buy the thing that doubles your earnings, and removes ads, but that's about all I think is needed.

Great game. I hope a few others in the thread check it out.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Alehkhs posted:

Man... I need a PokeRL in my life.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are sort of that.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

It's not grabbing me as much as Pixel Dungeon, but maybe I need to play a bit more. Doesn't seem to have much depth.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

hooah posted:

I actually just tried out this solitaire game and the first time I ended the new game button didn't work. Seems to be fine now, however. Any idea why the game takes so long to load, though?

Is your phone rooted, and have adblock going on, or something? Just curious, because the game often loads an ad between games, and perhaps it is waiting for the ad to go through and delaying for that reason..

Just a hunch. I am on stock and have no issues with loading, in any case.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Turtlicious posted:

I just got a brand new Phablet apparently.

What are some cool games I can put on it?

There's a post on the top of page 1 that has a lot of good games, you might want to check that out.

I think Trainyard is a good game, try that.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Oh my god, Hoplite is so good. I didn't give it a fair shake when I played it a year ago, but never uninstalled it. I wish I knew of more games that were this well designed.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Yeah, it's a simplified Ski Safari with a nicer look and music. It also isn't quite as IAP heavy. I think the game progresses through different times of day with each run.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I don't know if I heard about Adventurer League here or elsewhere, but it's a lot of fun. Open world RPG with hex-based simple combat (like Hoplite) when you get into an encounter, and Mount & Blade-like quest system. Not sure if there's an overarching story or not, but it's been sucking up my time.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I'm not sure, I imagine once your reputation is high enough you can convince the viceroy to open the bridges to the north, and things go from there.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Merchant is okay, but it's more menu based.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Used it!

Here's mine:
http://goo.gl/ihIADv

I'm a master baiter.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Is there any website that lets you search for Android games on the play store that are totally free, without ads or IAP. I'd be interested to check that out, especially if you could sort by average ratings, downloads, etc.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Zotix posted:

How do you reroll in this amazing game?

I don't know necessarily, but clearing data and cache seems to work in other quality titles such as this one

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Defenestration posted:

I'm looking for more time management or puzzle games. I just finished all of Bag It, which was just what I like.

I want single player games please, and bonus if they work offline, but not necessary.

Other things I've enjoyed:
Flight Director
Airport Mania
Alchemy
Threequal (Set)
Ruzzle (I love Boggle, this was an exception to my desire not to play with people)
Spaceteam (ok this too but you have to play in person)
7x7
Space Physics

Thanks in advance

Maybe you'd like 10000000. Or the sequel, You Must Build a Boat.

Trainyard Express is free, and is a great puzzle game. It's a demo for Trainyard, but the levels are unique from those in Trainyard itself.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Tiny Rogue is really fun and worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I played a game called Mazebert TD, and it was very strange, but it was also a lot of fun to figure out how the different towers worked together. Definitely very strange theming (each tower is a person or creature, of some kind), but there's lots of complexity when it comes to towers buffing other towers, etc. The only other TD game I've ever really liked is Kingdom Rush.