Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Push El Burrito posted:

Can't find this on the play store. I did find Desktop Dungeon which appears to be a platformer where you're running around a Windows desktop?

Oh whoops, I just assumed it had been ported to android by now but it appears it hasn't been.

Guild of Dungeoneering is real good and I think is on sale for 5bux right now which is a crazy good deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Iirc it has 5 other classes, personally 5 bucks isnt worth it for all the content in the game, it didnt capture me that much

...if the game didn't grab you, of course you wouldn't want all the other classes :confused:

I only bought one new class and am still struggling to finish runs. I think the amount of content you get for free is more than generous.

It's certainly better than Kingdom Rush games where you have to pay loving $5 or more for extra heroes

Like yeah the extra heroes are super optional but still, God drat

And they never go on a good sale, in the years I've had those games I've only seen one decent "two heroes for a buck" sale.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The first goon to get 100% in Pixel Puzzle should get some kind of prize. I'm only at 40, it's slow going after 15% or so.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tagichatn posted:

My wife finished all the regular puzzles in pixel puzzle and now she has to wait 4 hours after every boss puzzle for a new one.

It's baffling to me that you can't pay a few bucks to lift that restriction. Feels like they're just leaving money on the table there.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ponzicar posted:

Pixel Puzzle starts feeding you some pretty complex 15x15s once you reach a certain threshold of finished puzzles. It's worth it if you don't mind mowing through the easy stuff.

Yeah once you hit the 4 star puzzles you get some really good brain twisters. Definitely have to start thinking outside the metaphorical boxes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

IAmTheRad posted:

Picross?

Hungry Cat Picross is pretty good.Uses colors to mix it up

It's been a while since I slammed the download button that fast. Good lord that's cute :3:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If I don't wanna drop 5bux on Sirilam 2 or 3 is the first one worth checking out?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
DQ2 is actually great and the remake makes it even better, it just has a notoriously bullshit last area

But yeah DQ3 and especially 4 are light years better and own super hard. 5 is the best of the 1-6 run but 6 is no slouch either

Edit: DraStic works amazingly for playing DQ on mobile, even with the touch screen gamepad, it has tons of ways to customize the screen, including adding your own buttons to do things like "fast mode" or "switch screens"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Picross is insane, how does anybody enjoy that awful poo poo?

Some people like light logic exercises

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

axelblaze posted:

:lol: at acting elitists over loving Picross.

I don't think syscall girl was doing that, I think s/he was just making a valid point in a poorly worded way. If you can't wrap your brain around the basic techniques it may not be the game for you, that's not a value judgement, it's just like saying that if you don't have fast reflexes you might not enjoy Celeste :shrug:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The great picross argument of 2018: not this thread's finest moment

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Kheldarn posted:

As reported in the iOS Games thread, some Chinese company did a lovely knock off of Diablo, and now Blizzard is paying them to resin it to Diablo. They say avoid at all costs.

Lmao that is some serious through the looking glass poo poo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
There's a new Kingdom Rush game up for pre-register. Kingdom Rush Vengeance. You play as the bad guys and it looks like it's gonna be insanely good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So has anyone tried Pixel Starships? It looks/sounds cool as hell.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I played it back near release, and there was almost nothing to actually DO. Lots of timers and poo poo. Maybe it's better now.

I just played 15 minutes and it seems like a cute little time waster. Seems they're adding new stuff at a good rate. Collecting gacha crew members seems potentially fun

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Chas McGill posted:

I've got $3 of store credit...what's a good paid game that works offline and does need a fast phone to work properly?

Kingdom Rush, especially Origins but all three are amazing

#ymbab (you must build a boat)

Dragon Quest 3

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The play store page doesn't say this for some reason but the game's website gives the 22nd as the release date for Kingdom Rush Vengeance.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The only reason it bothers me is that it's burying my posts about how there's finally a fourth Kingdom Rush game and it comes out in just 3 days

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I abandoned Animal Crossing mobile because it became so boring so fast

Edit: don't tell me it added a bunch of stuff, i've been clean almost a whole year

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
There's a sale on a lot of good games right now. I noticed Hitman Go, Lara Croft Go, The Room 4, Monument Valley 2, all for 1.50 or less

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I bought Dungeon Maker on thread advice and feel like it's just not fun. Lot of anime titties and tapping though!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Len posted:

I had a lot of fun with it eventually. The fact that basic rear end things like autoattack are locked behind rng upgrades really really really sucks

It feels like it badly needs a tutorial. There's a lot of poo poo going on and I have no idea what to do. Oh well it was only a buck and I used survey money on it so even if it never becomes fun it's nbd

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cassa posted:

There a full list anywhere of the decent stuff? Sorting through the trash on the play store is a pain in the rear end

I can't find one and the Play Store is absolute rear end to look through, I just noticed a bunch of games in my recommended list being on sale

Picked up The Room: Old Sins because 3 wasn't on sale and goddamn I love spinning levers and pulling open drawers. Unironically. I wish they made games more often, they're so chill and solving the puzzles is always a big dopamine rush

I just wish they'd stop expecting me to care about the story

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Freezer posted:

I liked previous Kingdom Rush games but was really disappointed by the amount of IAP present, it almost felt like a F2P game. My frustration came from the feeling that some of the more difficult levels were designed to be beatable only if you shelled out for the IAP, which is in instant turnoff for me since it means skill or strategy probably can't solve the problem.

gently caress non-cosmetic IAPs in paid games, is what I'm saying.

You absolutely don't need the paid heroes to win the hard maps, in fact many of them didn't even let you use heroes. Gems are way easy to get and the items you buy with gems are also optional things to make the game easier

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

explosivo posted:

This is kind of where I'm at. If I'm buying in from the start I don't want to also be given options to pay more money to make things go faster or unlock heroes. If it's possible to unlock these guys through regular gameplay and it's easy enough to ignore that's fine, but if they're either so impossibly difficult to unlock that you *have* to buy them or they just straight up can't be gotten without paying for then that loving sucks.

You unlock some heroes and some are pay only. The pay only ones are generally OP as gently caress. Also, heroes honestly aren't that big of a deal. They can and will die and only the most super OP of them can make or break your victory on the map.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

explosivo posted:

Seriously though with these reviews for Kingdom Rush Vengeance why are there so many people saying "Ironhide has done it again!" or something along those lines like they're copy/pasted from a script. I get that the extra purchasable poo poo in game isn't necessary to beat the game but it's still lovely to see.

I mean the games are way more in depth and loaded with content than your average $5 game and I think it's fair to let them have a completely optional way to earn more money. The alternative is making it a $15 game which is a complete kiss of death for mobile, with very very few exceptions.

I've never felt even a little bit of need to buy the OP heroes. You always unlock like 5 heroes from playing the game and like I said heroes in general are completely optional in the first place - you can just not use your hero at all and clear the map with towers alone. And heroes are squishy and die easily.

They're far from an integral part of the game

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

nessin posted:

There is one difference with Vengeance. It's shorter, like a full 1/4 shorter than the other games. Which is honestly what's been frustrating me. I prefer paying for a game than dealing with F2P shenanigans and I was mostly okay with special heroes being a bonus you could buy. But the addition of the Tower buys means Vengeance has less content, more littered with IAP, and more expensive than any other Kingdom Rush game has been at release. I don't really regret buying it, but no one should be happy with the direction Ironhide is taking the series right now if it continues.

It has less levels? That's a shame because I thought it was being touted as the biggest entry yet. It's been like 4 years since Origins and I know they did that Starcraft type game in the meantime but that's still disappointing

Then again I've never even beaten all the postgame maps in any entry so :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm only about halfway through the campaign and I gotta give it up to Kingdom Rush Vengeance, it's absolutely great with tons of much needed new systems.

Only complaint is that some of the maps are too small but I've found there's better reward for micro managing in this one.