Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

noggut posted:

^You must be an incredible painter. Post some of your stuff.

Clearly you must be a chef to know when food tastes like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

noggut posted:

It wasn't invalid critique, and yeah, you don't have to be a painter to critique something. But when you put it in those words as a reply to someone complimenting a painting it just looks petty rather than intended to help.

he didnt sound petty at all. please shut up

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
artstation seems really nice

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
polycount has a nice 2d art section where you can get good feedback

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Colon Semicolon posted:

I have no idea what I'm doing send help.
(my design sheets always look stupid as hell but it kinda comes together when I can pose the things)

E: Also, polycount's 2D section is just as dead as the 3D section. Sure, you can post in there, but you won't ever get commentary unless you're an established member. (or you make overly detailed ornate scifi meshes or AK-47s)

are you sure you're talking about polycount? ive encountered the opposite of that

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
this whole thread is poo poo, all of you

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
man i love all the art and not stupid lovely arguing happening in this thread

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

i initially thought this was just a photoshop filter until i saw the comparisons/process gifs. good job!

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stuff4and5 posted:

Hey gang, how do I get super nice smooth lines in photoshop/what are some good drills to practice this? Also how many of you use a glove when you draw? I find my hand sticks sometimes and it fucks my lines up. Is this just a get gud scenario?

lazy nezumi is a super good tool

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Colon Semicolon posted:

Why does an art thread have to turn into a feminist discussion that's what i wanna know.

This thread is dildos

because feminism is super relevant to art?

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
scribblescratch please just own up to the fact that there is sexism in art, especially in this thread. like its better to actually own up to this than to literally be claiming that feminist critique of art is just "buzzwords"

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
jesus christ get over yourself. nobody's telling you to ~censor~ anything. people telling you that something is sexist isnt censorship.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Diabetes Forecast posted:

It looks interesting but i'd definitely need to try a demo of some sort to really get a feel for what it is. right now I think it's an... Narrative RPG platformer? It looks pretty at the very least!

https://finji.itch.io/longest-night

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jake Snake posted:

Finished this finally, for anyone curious.

Thanks again for all the critiques!

i would totally hang this on my wall and not be surprised at all if the eyes started following me, this is ghostbusters af

a hole-y ghost posted:

well, finally got to finishing this one that I started back in October (one of many pictures I was hoping to finish before the end of 2017. Oh well :sweatdrop:).

still trying to learn to use a larger palette of colors without them feeling random/incongruous.

i really dig the palette you've got going on but i might just make a few small tweaks like maybe adding stronger highlights on the hair and guitar and maybe making the bushes in the background less detailed since they feel like they kind of distract from the focus of the piece

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

a hole-y ghost posted:

totally agreed but I spent way too much time tweaking already and am pretty sick of it, so I think I'm just going to relent and take it as a lesson for the future :goleft:
probably will change my mind at some point and fix it though, thanks

it still is a really good piece regardless!

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
hey i made a facebook group a few days ago for folks called Leftist Creators,Artists, Makers, Designers, etc. you should hop on in ans join if you want a cool place to post/discuss art with other like-minded folks

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Propitious Jerk posted:

Posted this in the Daily Drawings thread already but I think it has legs/ feels done enough for here as well.

i fuckin love this, it reminds me a lot of the mask from dishonored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

i love photobashing star wars blasters