Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Frostwerks posted:

It's loving supposed to be!

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Macys posted:

The World Eskimo-Indian Olympics is a real thing, and not a throwaway line in MGS1.

I tried to tell somebody that once and he didn't believe me.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Just Offscreen posted:

I loving hate what the History Channel has become.

Aw poo poo page snipe sorry.

Yes, it was SO much better back in the 90s when it was the Hitler channel.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Xun posted:

I just figured out that "up to 15% or more" basically means nothing.

It's not the "up to" that's meaningless, it's the part where they say it's only among people who switched to geicko.

Since, obviously, if they were quoted a higher price then they didn't switch.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

AlphaKretin posted:

The "up to" isn't meaningless on its own, the whole phrase including it is. "Up to 15%" means 0-15, and "15% or more" means 15-100, so "up to 15% or more" means a saving of 0%-100%, or any goddamn amount whatsoever.

With geicko at least, which I assume is what Xun was referring to, they don't even say "up to". Their slogan is that 15 minutes could save you 15% or more, which sounds better but still doesn't mean much because they're only counting people who switched.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Stolen from somebody in DnD

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

Lwaxana Troi was great. The worst episodes were the Borg ones, :colbert:

Oh, bullshit. Next you're going to tell me that Wesley Crusher isn't a terrible character.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Simply Simon posted:

It blows some goons' minds too when they realize not everyone is from the USA, or even from their general neighborhood. I am German and have never drank milk with a meal, not even at any friends' house. We do however go through liters and liters of carbonated water, often mixed with fruit juice. Said water comes in plastic or glass bottles which cost a little extra, and you get that money again if you bring the bottles back to the store for recycling/refilling. The fruit juice is in Tetra paks, as is all of the milk I've ever seen.

Not a single person I know doesn't drink anything with their meal. I usually take a sip after every bite because I like drinking (water) and hate being even a little thirsty.

Now wasn't this interesting to all of you who were dumb enough to read all of this inane poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBtHXC-JOX8

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The reason they never brought the reserve tanks back for any of the later Metroid games is because they were a really pointless and dumb idea

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9OO0S5w2k

The reason they keep addressing the listener as young man is because YMCA stands for Young Men's Christian Association

e: listening to the song again, and taking it at face value, is it about getting homeless gay youths off the street? Wikipedia says it's just about how the YMCA was a hookup spot, but that doesn't really gel with a lot of the lyrics.

Wanamingo has a new favorite as of 11:54 on Mar 15, 2016

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

At face value, it's just about the YMCA. There's nothing about gay men in the lyrics.

Well okay, taking it at face value while accepting the self-evident fact that it's very obviously really gay.

Specifically there's a part of the song where they're saying you should shelf your pride, and head to the YMCA so you can have a shower and get a good meal. Maybe it's just innuendo, maybe they're singing about how homelessness was/is a big problem in the gay community.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Strudel Man posted:

It becomes more obvious if you litter the lyrics with quotation marks.

Head to the YMCA so you can have a "shower," and get a "good meal."

quote:

Young man, there's a place you can "go".
I said, young man, when you're short on your "dough".
You can "stay there", and I'm sure you will "find"
Many ways to have a good time.

Checks out

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Intoluene posted:

I honestly thought the Village People songs were just to be taken at face value.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1b6ko1I00A

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lady Naga posted:

My main problem with it is that being an overconfident prick seems very Un-Christian.

This was brought up in the lesser known sequel to the song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0XUTD7QYcs

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nuebot posted:

It depends on which Bizarro. The original was a broken clone and I think he went to Bizarro World where everyone was a bizarro backwards clone and he became king.

quote:

The Bizarro World (also known as htraE, which is "Earth" spelled backwards) is a fictional planet appearing in American comic books published by DC comics. Introduced in the early 1960s, htraE is a cube-shaped planet, home to Bizarro and companions, all of whom were initially Bizarro versions of Superman, Lois Lane and their children and, later, other Bizarros including Batzarro, the World's Worst Detective.

Amazing

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/U7HXD77.webm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq7DmFeXQ7Q

I've seen this episode more than a few times and I just now noticed that Gumball is doing a bunch of T&A poses during the comicbook section

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Phlegmish posted:

Lots of people hate frosting, I always assumed its main purpose was aesthetic and edibility was a secondary concern.

No, that's fondant

e: which, to be fair, is a type of frosting

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Butt Ox posted:

I only just realized that this enemy in Earthbound:

Is not called the Trick or Treat kid. It's called the Trick or Trick kid. :doh:

and :negative: is from Mother 3

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPaLaKygHBo

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Geirskogul posted:

What's lox? Coming up with liquid oxygen and confusion

It's like cream cheese, but saltier. Kosher, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The TMBG song contrecoup is about a coup contrecoup head injury