Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The singer from the wallflowers is Bob Dylan's son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I am the most offended, double stamp no erasies.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Whose responsibility is it to explain historical and social context to dumb people?

Nobody's, especially not in this thread

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the future is WOW posted:

you completely ignored what I was saying in favor of posting a douchey reply to something you thought I said

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

what.cd is dead :(

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

IUG posted:

There's already replacement sites.

I doubt anything will come close to what again

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

I think im developing a cold or something

so you hear Ds as Ts?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yoshi Jjang posted:

Ermine is pronounced like ur-min. I've been pronouncing it like ur-mine my entire life.

drat it, Lou Reed

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Captain Monkey posted:

Libertarian spotted.

This thread does seem to attract a certain type of clueless goober.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'd love to hear the actual experience pinning down what race a person is.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Elizabethan Error posted:

:ssh: it's not that hard to mimick

you're the worst

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

when I was like 6 years old I read a bunch of charlie brown comics, but had no idea how "sigh" was pronounced. I didn't know what the gently caress the characters meant by "sig-uh"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Memento posted:

Is there a song that good in Fallout 4? Best song from Fallout 3 is clearly I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire by The Ink Spots, and Big Iron gets the nod from FO:NV, but I never played 4.

The wanderer by Dion, imo

It would be cool to see "I only have eyes for you" by the flamingos in a fallout game

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

The line in Pepper by Butthole Surfers is "They were all in love with dying, they were doing it in Texas", not Diane.

Not really sure where or why I just shrugged and figured that there was an esoteric reason why the Diane lady pronounced her name weird, and Butthole Surfers wasn't a huge part of my musical background, but playing SR3 for the first time in years made this realization possible.

there's a butthole surfers song in guitar hero and they made it that one?

it is a good song, but :sigh:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Apparently Johnny Marr was a full member of modest mouse on we were dead before the ship even sank, and toured with them

I saw Johnny Marr live and didn't even know it lol

http://www.nme.com/news/music/johnny-marr-modest-mouse-the-smiths-1801937

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Tad Naff posted:

The reason we call them "pencil crayons" in Canada at least is because of bilingualism. There's a whole genre of Canadian idioms that arise from having both French and English on packaging and people not reading things in the intended way. I'm sure there's some sort of analogue in the States except with Spanish.

pick me up some zesty mordant chips

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

my sonic the hedgehog fan fiction is more real than your inner thoughts

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm American and recently had HP sauce for the first time, and it fuckin owns

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Crystal Skull doesn't count

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I thought I smelled weed at work earlier, but it turns out it was my own fart

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

kiss is even lamer than hair metal

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the song title "people like Frank" by Amon Tobin is a line from blue velvet. Tobin must be a Lynch fan, because the title "like regular chickens" is a line from Eraserhead that is sampled in the song

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

as someone who lived in apartments that had fridges without ice dispensers for years and recently moved into a new place that has one, ice dispensers fuckin own

I'm gonna fill all of your ice trays with hot dog water, plebs

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

low class brits pronounce it fill-it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Barudak posted:

At least you arent like my mother who pronounced it Chick-fill-ah and thought it was supposed to describe the three step process of ordering chicken, becoming full, and then saying “ah” in satisfaction.

mother of god

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

I hate it when anglos pronounce a French word ending in -et as -ay instead of like adults.

aren't you Finnish? maybe just stay out of discussions about sensible languages

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

credburn posted:

Then I found out their slogan is basically a desperate anthropomorphic Jew-cow trying to quissling his way or whatever it's called to good favor by selling out another race to the ovens.

yikes

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Unkempt posted:

'Fillet' is an English word that rhymes with 'millet'.

actually, it's pronounced fil-ay. glad I could clear that up for you

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

too ribwich-like

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

cyberia posted:

The word 'boatswain' is pronounced 'bosun'. I always thought they were two different things.

poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Maybe it's getting less expensive to license stones songs

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

It makes sense either way. "I couldn't care less" = this is a thing that I care the least amount about. "I could care less" = this is a thing that I care an uncertain amount about but the sarcastic implication is that not by much.

"I could care less" only works if you put all the emphasis on COULD, like Chandler Bing

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you forgot "gently caress the ocean"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lumpy and encrusted

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

value-brand cereal posted:

I was listening to NIN's Head Like A Hole remixes from that remix album, and finally figured it out. That weird, sort of high pitched vocalizing? That's a clip fo David Bowie's voice. I swear it is. It's just layered or sped up so it blends together. Bowie's voice is fairly recognizable. How have I not noticed this before?

It's a native American song, there are remixes that make it more clear

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

One Swell Foop posted:

It's a traditional German-style deck, and those are 'leaves'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_playing_cards

or, as they call it, "maize"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

beanieson posted:

He was also killed in a tragic gasoline fight accident in Zoolander. Realized that just a couple weeks ago.

mother of god

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

EvilGenius posted:

People I thought were black based on hearing their voice before actually seeing them or knowing who they were:

Bruce Willis in the Under the Board Walk song.
Balloo the Bear in Disney's Jungle Book.
Tom Jones's cover of Kiss.

Dusty Springfield

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

EvilGenius posted:

^^^ tis the season to listen once again to John Lennon preach about how war isn't over because I don't want it enough. God drat he was a dick after the Beatles.

I also get angry when people say it would be nice to get along with each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

hey that's some impressive knowledge bro