Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

The jeep logo is very clearly the front of a jeep. It is NOT the word "jeep" set atop an ionic pillar.

Well now I can't unsee that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I just now realized Gone with the Wind and Casablanca aren't the same movie.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I learned that phrase from Illuminatus. :shrug:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Cloverfield, 10 Cloverfield Lane, and The Cloverfield Paradox are a franchise

Did you think there were just three completely unrelated movies with Cloverfield in the name just because?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Hyperlynx posted:

Sloooooow motion Waaaaaalter, the fire engine guy.

This one got a shoutout in a BNL song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhk-DiPqhr8

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Amy Poehler is different from Amy Schumer.

Not really.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

Amy Poehler is loving great actually so yes, she's different.

She and Tina Fey are both awful and need to stop inserting themselves everywhere.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

beefnoodle posted:

Let me guess: women aren’t funny? Or do you have some specific thing about the two of them?

I'm a woman, jackass. They're both lovely centrists and the "sheetcaking" thing really pissed me off. Also I don't find cringe humor funny at all so that just automatically rules out anything they do.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Hyperlynx posted:

Well... that's the kind of insanely ambitious, insanely labour-intensive project that never sees completion. I mean, there was a "create all of Tamriel" project for Morrowind that they promptly abandoned when Oblivion came out.

Still, if it ever does come out, it will mean I get to play Morrowind in VR, and I'll be all over it. but I'm not holding my breath.

Tamriel Rebuilt is still going strong.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

The_White_Crane posted:

... is that a joke?

One sounds closer to "v" and the other sounds closer to "f". Try saying it out loud.
Unless you have an accent I've never heard before, they'll start with different sounds.

Where the hell do you live.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

LadyPictureShow posted:

I learned today 'Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid' is not a cowboy movie.

I never saw it, and from the title I just always assumed it was about the real guys. :downs:

E: My brother also assumed it was a cowboy movie until I told him what I learned

...what?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
My dad always says 'set' instead of 'sit' and it drives me nuts.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Just figured out The Boys Are Back in Town is not by Queen. I blame A Knight's Tale for this embarrassing error.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

bony tony posted:

And you're supposed to pronounce it "Fiedi", apparently.

Have you never heard of a rolled R?

(Guy Fieri is a huge homophobe and misogynist and I wish people would stop making him funny meme guy with hair and car.)

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

christmas boots posted:

What about the misogyny? Need women apply to work in Flavortown?

Well, his sister was also a woman, so clearly he can't be misogynist either.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Lot of Fieri fans in this thread!!

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

InediblePenguin posted:

i don't get it
as a queer trans i do not understand the point of this post if it's not "no one can EVER improve and the very IDEA of somebody learning not to be an rear end in a top hat is stupid, ALWAYS remind people that once an rear end in a top hat is always an rear end in a top hat" which is downright misanthropic

If we're doing this now, I'm an intersex lesbian and I don't want to be around a dude who has ever been a gross homophobe. But you do you.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Guy Fieri is not your uncle who said some hosed up poo poo and was straightened out. He's a celebrity whose entire image is carefully curated. Of course if someone says he's a bigot his marketing team is going to scramble to "fix" it and make him palatable to viewers again. I genuinely don't understand why people are treating him like a personal friend.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Hyperlynx posted:

Post the hosed up poo poo that he said, then.

Seriously, you've given us absolutely nothing other than "I heard that he's bad". That's not actionable.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=guy+fieri+misogyny

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=guy+fieri+homophobia

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I just realized that Willow, Labyrinth, and Dark Crystal aren't all the same thing. I guess I just lumped them all in as "creepy 80s puppet poo poo I stay far away from."

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Ah, Ynu.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
What is salt toothpaste?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Brushing your teeth with something salty sounds horrible, wow.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

pe ace be with you

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Are those chewable toothpaste tablets any good?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Maha posted:

Amy Poehler and Amy Schumer are not the same person.

They basically are, though.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
But what if you study the origins of bugs' names?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Slush Garbo posted:

*Tim Hiedecker 'it's free real estate" img goes here

Just figured out that that's Tim Heidecker and not some dude from some commercial.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
You'd have to find a good post first.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Dip Viscous posted:

The cashier at the liquor store I go to all the time is my aunt. I see that cashier all the time because I'm always buying liquor. I see my aunt all the time. I'm so faceblind that I never put together that she worked there until a couple of hours ago when she mentioned one of my recent purchases.

Liquor? I hardly know 'er!

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
That's the upper left.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I can't believe I just figured out Dirty Dancing and Saturday Night Fever aren't the same movie.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
That song owns, gently caress you.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I love that she's just a head. I wish Orpheus was too, but I guess you can only do that joke once.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
It's okay, she really only has the one song.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
There's a monstery-organic-splatty noise a lot of shows and movies use that I always recognize from Creatures 3. :allears:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Organza Quiz posted:

The only time people need correcting on that stuff is if they ask for help or possibly if they're a language learner but even then the better tactic is to model the correct usage for them rather than correct directly.

But then people won't know you're smarter than them, which is the goal of every social interaction.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
The Get Down absolutely owned.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I just learned that Roxanne is by The Police, not the Rolling Stones like I've thought my whole entire life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
It's wretched, don't.