Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Edit: doing some fact checking to make sure I was getting everything right, I just found out that Maya Rudolph was a member of The Rentals, Matt Sharp’s (formerly of Weezer) band; she played keyboard and did backing vocals on tours supporting their first album

Whoaaaa how did I not know this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Torquemada posted:

In fact they easily eat people, according to multiple gangster legends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNYc-6EG1kI

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Weembles posted:

A version of the matching meters thing that actually works out is Emily Dickenson poems and The Yellow Rose of Texas.

Because I could not stop for Death –
He kindly stopped for me –
The Carriage held but just Ourselves –
And Immortality.

Same with the Pokemon theme song and nearly every Dickinson poem, thanks to the magic of the Common Meter
https://medium.com/illumination/the-cursed-emily-dickinson-and-pok%C3%A9mon-crossover-39cdc9bcb9c7

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

A lot of chocolate comes from Africa, and many of those nations used leaded gasoline up until the mid 2000's.
https://ourworldindata.org/leaded-g...20the%20region.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Platystemon posted:

I doubt that.

I believe that you would be surprised by the Parkinsonism caused by the neurotoxic tisanes of the leaves and twigs of Annona muricata, the soursop tree.

Ooh we talking scary nature poison?
How bout the spotted water hemlock which not only kills you quickly and completely, but it will hurt the whole time.

quote:

Every single muscle starts firing and contracting, so you have convulsions, you chew your tongue into ribbons, you vomit but then you can’t open your mouth because the jaw muscles are contracting 10 or 20 times as hard as they normally do, and you die a horrible death.

quote:

There is nothing good about the plant. Those who eat it will die in two hours. It must be a painful death. It twists the arms and ankles and turns the head back. Finally they die in a last wretching convulsion. They say it turns the eyes back.

I will not forage for wild carrots.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Prince wrote "Manic Monday", which became the first big hit for The Bangles.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Very helpful to have all the diminutives for the biblical names. My dad's generation of American boomer Irish Catholic kids seemed to have only 5 or so first names per gender that made up over half the kids' names.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

Recently realized it's "I wish that I had Jessie's girl" not "I wish that I was Jessie's girl". I kinda just never actually listened to the song when it was on the radio.

Fun fact: Rick Springfield has one of the most extensive collections of Star Wars memorabilia in the world.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Where are my pot hos at?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

St_Ides posted:

In the Canadian military it's procedure to yell "grenade" *before* throwing a grenade.

Which leads to a lot of confusion during exercises with US troops where someone yelling grenade is a warning that one just landed near them and to take cover.

Unlike the movies, "say again" is how you request someone to repeat all or part of the transmitted message. "Repeat" is asking for another round of artillery or naval fire support.

Depending on circumstances, mixing those up will either matter not at all or quite a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Michael Caine chat

For some reason, actor Richard Harris HATED Michael Caine and never missed an opportunity to trash talk him. Just absolutely despised the guy