Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

down with slavery posted:

Again, they are welcome to come here, those are the good ones

This is not a good distinction to make about black people just so you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
RIP tamir rice, who would still be alive if he had just moved North

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Berke Negri posted:

This is not a good distinction to make about black people just so you know.

i wasn't just talking about black people just so you know

corn in the bible posted:

down with slavery, you're a stupid, bigoted racist piece of poo poo who doesnt know a drat thing about the north, the south, minorities, or in fact anything at all. i'm guessing you're probably a middle-class obese white man, who thinks that what he reads on the internet is the sum total of existence. i could be wrong, though -- maybe you're not obese.

lol

Popular Thug Drink posted:

this is what hitler said about the jews

ridic slacktivisim here. it's pretty easy to sit in front of a computer in a 95% white suburb and decry the racism of the world. but it's not very interesting except when people laugh at how retarded you are

hey woah there godwin im not saying we should kill anyone or kick anyone out, I'm saying we should cut the chaff that is the south because they aren't pulling their weight

nice hitler name drop though, keeping it real for sure

"if it werent for those mean old white southern racist, the united states would be a progressive utopia" -someone who never goes outside

i'm not looking for a utopia, just an improvement, ie removing GOP dominated shitholes from the union

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

hey woah there godwin im not saying we should kill anyone or kick anyone out,

well once we kick them out of the union they aren't really Americans any more and we have a long history of killing people from other places so no harm no foul as far as I see it

i'm not looking for a utopia, just an improvement, ie removing GOP dominated shitholes from the union

so your big idea to save the union is to throw out over half of it

i think we call that "secession"

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Just saying but literal FEMA death camps for "bad people" would be a more practical and effective way to fix things than "the good ones can move to the nebulously defined Good Zones". Not that it's a high bar.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

so your big idea to save the union is to throw out over half of it

i think we call that "secession"

yes, that's what I want them to do

Nintendo Kid posted:

Just saying but literal FEMA death camps for "bad people" would be a more practical and effective way to fix things than "the good ones can move to the nebulously defined Good Zones". Not that it's a high bar.

well honestly anyone can move here, but they need to apply for citizenship before they can vote in our elections (if we're talking post-secession)

pre-secession, yeah, if you're not trying to gtfo of the south actively you're making poor life decisions, sucks if you can't make it out but I'm not really interested in waiting for your state to catch up to the 21st century before I can do things like provide a decent healthcare system for the people here

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

yes, that's what I want them to do

if you're advocating for a white enclave utopia that contains a smaller portion of the country's land and population, that makes you the racial secessionist hth

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

if you're advocating for a white enclave utopia that contains a smaller portion of the country's land and population, that makes you the racial secessionist hth

i'm not, i don't know why you guys keep making it about race, also my union would probably be bigger than the people we kicked out, I'm down with states from Cali to NY, there's just a few bad apples we gotta get rid of

it's really weird that you guys get all caught up on race, you realize there are more minorities outside of the south than inside of it, right?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

i'm not, i don't know why you guys keep making it about race

you did say you'd only allow the good blacks in

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

well honestly anyone can move here, but they need to apply for citizenship before they can vote in our elections (if we're talking post-secession)

This is literal Nazi poo poo.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

you did say you'd only allow the good blacks in

no I didn't, I said the minorities that vote D are more than welcome to come

Nintendo Kid posted:

This is literal Nazi poo poo.

also known as "how voting works in the rest of the world". it's not like you can move to the UK and vote in their election. You have to be a citizen to vote.

did you miss the "post-secession" bit? a wee bit of selective quoting from the old fishmech

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i mean you can't really blame me for pointing out that you sound functionally the same as a west virginian coal miner in 1910

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

no I didn't, I said the minorities that vote D are more than welcome to come

what other limitations and restriction on minority behavior are you going to impose, while you're at it? are we going to give them generous apartments outside the city limits?

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

i mean you can't really blame me for pointing out that you sound functionally the same as a west virginian coal miner in 1910

no honestly I expected a pretty reactionary response when I made the claim that the progressive states would be better off without the conservative ones

what other limitations and restriction on minority behavior are you going to impose, while you're at it?

no dancing out past 9

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

no honestly I expected a pretty reactionary response when I made the claim that the progressive states would be better off without the conservative ones

thinking there are progressive and conservative states is about as retarded as thinking there are worthy and unworthy minorities

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

also known as "how voting works in the rest of the world". it's not like you can move to the UK and vote in their election. You have to be a citizen to vote.

did you miss the "post-secession" bit? a wee bit of selective quoting from the old fishmech

No voting in the rest of the world doesn't involve randomly declaring chunks of your country no longer part of it and demanding everyone who didn't move reregister, you Nazi lunatic.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Uh, this is flat out moronic. There's way more advantage to be had by keeping the states and getting rid of the population. Why give up resources, ports, and infrastructure?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"the black men are stealing our jobs!"

is the same as

"the racist states are stealing our progress!"

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

thinking there are progressive and conservative states is about as retarded as thinking there are worthy and unworthy minorities

So you're saying that you can't tell me whether Oregon or Mississippi is more progressive? Seems like a fruitful line of discussion.

Nintendo Kid posted:

No voting in the rest of the world doesn't involve randomly declaring chunks of your country no longer part of it and demanding everyone who didn't move reregister, you Nazi lunatic.

Tell that to Sudan.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Uh, this is flat out moronic. There's way more advantage to be had by keeping the states and getting rid of the population. Why give up resources, ports, and infrastructure?

No poo poo, this is a thread about breaking up the US, it's not a legitimate proposal.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Tell that to Sudan.

No poo poo, this is a thread about breaking up the US, it's not a legitimate proposal.

Sudan's situation is all hosed up over it. You think that was a good outcome, really?

Nothing you have ever posted has been sane or legitimate.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

Sudan's situation is all hosed up over it. You think that was a good outcome, really?

No it's just the reality of when a country breaks up. You don't get to vote remotely. I never said it was a good outcome, it's just what happens when countries split up. See also: Yugoslavia

quote:

Nothing you have ever posted has been sane or legitimate.

drat bro those are some really harsh words you've got there, maybe you'd like to throw down some sick memes or an image macro?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

So you're saying that you can't tell me whether Oregon or Mississippi is more progressive? Seems like a fruitful line of discussion.

the whitest states are more progessive and just better, you say...

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"truly, we members of caucasian america must show the light of progress and rationalist to the miserable blacks" -a liberal

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

No it's just the reality of when a country breaks up. You don't get to vote remotely. I never said it was a good outcome, it's just what happens when countries split up. See also: Yugoslavia

drat bro those are some really harsh words you've got there, maybe you'd like to throw down some sick memes or an image macro?

But the country isn't breaking up, your insane Hitlerian plan is to kick out a bunch of states without their consent in the hope of genocide.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Watch and be amazed as yet another mass migration of black people in the USA causes racist conservatives to magically reappear where they moved.

The trick is that they were there the whole time.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

But the country isn't breaking up, your insane Hitlerian plan is to kick out a bunch of states without their consent in the hope of genocide.

you've unmasked my true aims! bah, the jig is up

paragon1 posted:

Watch and be amazed as yet another mass migration of black people in the USA causes racist conservatives to magically reappear where they moved.

The trick is that they were there the whole time.

ok now this is a legitimate argument, prolly sad but true

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

you've unmasked my true aims! bah, the jig is up

It's not unmasking anything, you're insane and petty little man who barely comprehends English let alone politics.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
in conclusion, the only logical and moral course of action for just and moral men to take is to kill whitey.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
magical utopia new york city, home of mass-arrests for being homeless simply because the rich white liberals there don't like having to look at them

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

corn in the bible posted:

magical utopia new york city, home of mass-arrests for being homeless simply because the rich white liberals there don't like having to look at them

slashie was...right?!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

like I know gay people being able to be married everywhere is the end all be all of political goals but maybe, just maybe, some of the more progressive states would be better off without Texas' electorate influencing their policy

If the states were independent, Jim Crow for sure and probably slavery would be back within a decade, so I say no thanks to your little humanitarian disaster.

Unless by "I don't want Texas influencing national policy" you mean disenfranchising the population and putting the South back under military rule until reconstruction is achieved, in which case okay that's fine.

asdf32
May 15, 2010

I lust for childrens' deaths. Ask me about how I don't care if my kids die.
Well, down with slavery seems to be consistent and isn't spouting conspiracy theory esque political-economic junk so that's good. And yep, jettisoning the south, though kind of an rear end in a top hat move would make the rest of the country more progressive. Hard to deny that.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

RaySmuckles posted:

OP, I think States work as excellent laboratories of democracy. You can experiment and tweak a little here and there to see if a policy will be successful, and if it is it can be adopted at the national level. At the turn of the last century states like New York were very progressive and would help lift less progressive states like Pennsylvania or Kentucky up their level with worker safety and food and drug protections by getting their progressive policies adapted at the national level. This is also like Massachusetts and its Health Care law and the ACA.

However, this only works within the greater framework of the federal system, because when a state goes the opposite direction and say bans poor people from voting by issuing a poll tax, there needs to be an indomitable power to check them and enforce human rights. Really, one of the failings of the modern progressive movement is their failure to gain power and institute policy on the local and state level to prove their ideas on a smaller scale and then adapt them to a national scale. There are, of course, a multitude of reasons for this (gerrymandering/money politics).

So should states have more freedom to experiment with different policies? Maybe, but there needs to be a fed so when a state crosses a line, their power can be checked.

This is a good post and a nuanced opinion.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lots of morally abhorrent things would make the USA a more progressive place for those who remain, I agree that this is undeniable.

For example, we could kick out all nonwhites, this is historically the most effective way to get whites on board with progressive social support. Or I suppose we could kill whitey since this is D&D

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

asdf32 posted:

Well, down with slavery seems to be consistent and isn't spouting conspiracy theory esque political-economic junk so that's good. And yep, jettisoning the south, though kind of an rear end in a top hat move would make the rest of the country more progressive. Hard to deny that.

In case you were wondering, down with slavery, this poster concurring with you is a more damning criticism of your lunatic ideas than anything anyone else could make.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

In case you were wondering, down with slavery, this poster concurring with you is a more damning criticism of your lunatic ideas than anything anyone else could make.

trust me, i know

asdf32
May 15, 2010

I lust for childrens' deaths. Ask me about how I don't care if my kids die.

trust me, i know

Yep I'm known for radical ideas like "people like more stuff", "economics relates to social and political issues", and "capital is good".

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

asdf32 posted:

Yep I'm known for radical ideas like "people like more stuff", "economics relates to social and political issues", and "capital is good".

You're one of the shittiest posters I've ever talked to. I can't think of anyone shittier who I don't think is a troll. Down with slavery was so awful I assumed he was a troll.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

pretend I emptyquoted fishmechs posts on the past page and a half

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

asdf32 posted:

And yep, jettisoning the south, though kind of an rear end in a top hat move would make the rest of the country more progressive. Hard to deny that.

it would make the country a whole lot whiter, too

i bet you'd like that

• Locked thread