Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

Libertine posted:

Installed it but tried to login and my authentication is tied to my old phone so I sent a support ticket I'm expecting to hear back in maybe a week or so if I'm lucky given that 1000s of other morons probably have the same issue.

They were surprisingly quick with getting back to me on the same problem, keep an eye on your email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Rolled a new Exile engineer, since my old one's weapon just vanished in the ether, and got thrown in the middle of a Dominion starting zone. Oh Carbine :allears:

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
I went ahead and tried to create a new character on the PvE server because I am a big fat idiot, after clicking "create character" the game has frozen. I would rather not close the game and have to sit through the server queue again. I also keep getting "UNHANDLED NC PLATFORM ERROR 15" every tie I log in. Creating a character did remind me of paths, a game feature I had totally forgotten about because it was totally forgettable.

What the gently caress has Carbine been doing for the last year?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Bombogenesis posted:

Rolled a new Exile engineer, since my old one's weapon just vanished in the ether, and got thrown in the middle of a Dominion starting zone. Oh Carbine :allears:

Human? That would make a slight amount of sense since Humans and Cassians are technically the same race.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

CoffeeBooze posted:

What the gently caress has Carbine been doing for the last year?

We know "learning from past mistakes" isn't on the list.

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

CoffeeBooze posted:

I went ahead and tried to create a new character on the PvE server because I am a big fat idiot, after clicking "create character" the game has frozen.

Holy poo poo this still isnt fixed? This was happening last night and they were "aware" of it.

:vince: :vince: :vince:

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

I closed out of the game and relaunched it only to have the exact same thing happen again. At least the game automatically placed me in the front of the queue rather than making me wait to find out I was boned.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Do you have to check the unhelpful official forums to see if the servers are up everytime you want to play, or does the patcher/game login have an option to see server status somewhere ?

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Also what the gently caress is Houston and why is it now appearing in my Frequently Used Programs section of the start menu?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CoffeeBooze posted:

Also what the gently caress is Houston and why is it now appearing in my Frequently Used Programs section of the start menu?

That's the addin development platform.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Lizard Wizard posted:

GW2 and players who don't jump at the opportunity to eat poo poo free of charge, respectively. Hope that helps.

I own GW2, and I want to love it, but every time I try, I felt a bit... ugh, I dunno. I got one character to max level, then felt no urge to continue, or to start another.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
GW2 is one of those games that feels very well designed and playable, but I just find it so awfully boring that I just end up putting it down by the time I hit level 40. It doesn't help that the writing is a complete turd.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Question still stands: Any decision on goon presence, Faction/Server?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Anoia posted:

Human? That would make a slight amount of sense since Humans and Cassians are technically the same race.

It was, yeah. Game threw me on that character again when I rolled a lizardman warrior and sat at the character creation forever.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shockeh posted:

It will almost certainly be the PvE server. The PvP server is by all reports dead and never coming back.

When I tried to create a character I rolled Exile to see what that faction's story looks like. On the PvP server goons were dominion, so maybe people rerolling will go Exile I dunno.

Due to server transfers costing $20 I would not worry about people transferring over old characters.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shockeh posted:

Server is I-95 exit 43 men's restroom. Faction is Truckers. Clan name is Pinching a Loaf.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

CoffeeBooze posted:

It will almost certainly be the PvE server. The PvP server is by all reports dead and never coming back.

When I tried to create a character I rolled Exile to see what that faction's story looks like. On the PvP server goons were dominion, so maybe people rerolling will go Exile I dunno.

Due to server transfers costing $20 I would not worry about people transferring over old characters.

I hope they all go exile so they can see my npc

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Colgate posted:

GW2 is one of those games that feels very well designed and playable, but I just find it so awfully boring that I just end up putting it down by the time I hit level 40. It doesn't help that the writing is a complete turd.

gw2 kinda falls into normal mmo logic of "its only fun with friends"

That said world vs world is a 24/7 good time. SFD and goon are in there about 80% of the day. Join some goons, blow up keeps, kill pubbies.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Rasmussen posted:

I find it pretty fitting that the silent fang herself works for carbine.

Okay I think Wildstar is almost (but not quite) as much of a broken brain mess as the people who play it 'ironically' but you are certainly up there if you're using that as a shot against someone nearly ten years later.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

Shab posted:

Well, I would love to download this free game but the website login (https://secure.wildstar-online.com/login) isn't working.

Are they doing maintenance or something?

I was able to get to my account by going through the ncsoft page -
https://login.ncsoft.com/login

You can also download the client from - http://wildstar.patcher.ncsoft.com/Wildstar.exe

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
also lol at every one of you tripping over yourselves to play this game after talking about how bad it was for over a year

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Anatharon posted:

also lol at every one of you tripping over yourselves to play this game after talking about how bad it was for over a year

it's loving incredible

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Anatharon posted:

Im gonna give the thread the benefit of the doubt and assume its a combination of morbid curiosity and having nothing to lose (except time)

Danith
May 20, 2006
I play every game

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Double Monocle posted:

Im gonna give the thread the benefit of the doubt and assume its a combination of morbid curiosity and having nothing to lose (except time)

even if you're doing something "ironically" you're still spending your time doing it

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

I assume you can't ever play on NA as EU and vice versa right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My hope is that a lot of people will play Wildstar now and that the PvP will be populated again like it was at launch. That was at least a good time waster and good way to level up your character.

Danith
May 20, 2006

Dackel posted:

I assume you can't ever play on NA as EU and vice versa right?

What do you mean? When I started the installer it asked what region I wanted, US or Europe. I assume you can switch it if you want

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Anatharon posted:

I never really contributed to the thread discussion, but I played the game with friends for about 3 months on launch (which is about the longest I've ever seen a non-WOW MMO launch survive). Most of the people I played with quit because the devs hosed with PVP too much and the PVE was too hard for not enough payoff. That was basically the roadblock for everyone in the guild I ran and then the game just sort of died out in my circle.

It didn't really have anything to do with the combat (which I think is still the best of any MMO I've ever played) or the aesthetic which is/was cool, and the housing stuff was really unique and fun.

I doubt any of those issues ever got fixed, but figured it was worth a look/see to get a glimpse of what's changed.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

sword_man.gif posted:

even if you're doing something "ironically" you're still spending your time doing it

They are truly lost. Like every post is in here not mocking those playing is a tragedy.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Danith posted:

What do you mean? When I started the installer it asked what region I wanted, US or Europe. I assume you can switch it if you want

I only see 2 EU servers, 1 PvE and 1 PvP

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Rasmussen posted:

Close... You forgot the part where she didn't think that rogues need buffs and her metric was that she does really well in pvp. Turns out she was using THE worst rogue weapons for pvp, because they were pretty much the fastest weapons out and rogues wanted slow wraps at the time. Sure people make mistakes building your character but when the person working for the company that makes the game is making wrong judgements and calls about building the class they are representing then that should raise some eyebrows.

Also wildstar is bad.

I like that the only reason you keep posting in here is to let everyone know that Cyster hurt your feelings a decade ago, but then remember it's a wildstar thread (like that's mattered for months now) and tack it on at the end.

sword_man.gif posted:

I'm not doing it ironically, I genuinely want to go on this safari and see what the people who have been playing all along are doing. I still have a character past the starter zone poo poo so I can just go directly to the capital city and go people watching without having to put pants on.

Like, if I lived in a big city I'd probably just go sit on a park bench instead, but small towns suck for people watching.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Double Monocle posted:

For me at least it is morbid curiosity. Some aspects of Wildstar I really liked, like the music and art style. Combat was pretty good, too. The absolutely terrible end game, developers who were hostile to their player base and incredibly game breaking bugs are why I quit. Not to mention the terrible, terrible community.

I am curious how the game is these days and am willing to give it a look. I doubt Carbine will see a dime of mine though.

With all that said, I think very few of the people who have been spewing outright hate towards the game over the last year are the ones playing today. There are a lot of new names in this thread.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

29 minute wait time to get in. 1129 players are ahead of me. :xd:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Anatharon posted:

You're surprised?

Half the goons who claimed that they'd never, ever play this game because it's anti-casual apparently played it longer than I did.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
i don't see the point to having a guild when I plan to log in once a day, look at my housing plot, nod to myself, and log out.

The best goon guild name was Space Jam. There's no telling what happened when they mashed all the serves together but if you can think of something amusing with a funny hologram logo I might join when all the fuss dies down next month.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
It's free to play now, so I'm downloading the game to give it a look. Worst case scenario I lose nothing but some time.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shockeh posted:

No one is going to seriously play this loving broken, terrible game. Even gonns don't want to play. HTH. Just roll whatever looks cool, play for however many days it takes for self loathing and ADHD to set in and then move onto the next MMO.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Here's a wonderful thing about goons: We're all terrible hypocrites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
what the gently caress are you idiots doing

• Locked thread