Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

kitten smoothie posted:

What a future we live in. One watch platform lets you send your loved one a heartbeat. Another lets you draw a picture of a turd on your watch, and it will automatically convert it to a turd emoji to send your loved one.

The second one is much more useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

TraderStav posted:

From your perspective it may not make sense but I'm certain they have people analyzing their customers behaviors and such policies end up profiting in the long run. Costco can do no wrong in my book. They own on every level. I even use Costco branded acid reflux medicine and drink their beer.

I dunno seems like selling one watch to a customer and then never selling that customer another full price watch again seems like it should lose money in the long run.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

There's no way to control Spotify on my Tablet with the watch paired to my phone is there?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Shai-Hulud posted:

Im streaming from my ipad to my stereo via bluetooth. My android phone can control what music the ipad plays and i can control my android phone from my watch. Only play/pause/volume though. It also feels loving ridiculous stringing half a dozen devices together like that.

Substitute iPad to a nexus 7 2012 and that's what I want to do. Does it murder the phones battery? I've been streaming with the tablet because it's got better battery life than the phone does.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

nmfree posted:

After hearing how LOL HUEG the Moto 360 is I was amused to find out when I got mine that it's exactly the same size as my old Invicta.

The "tiny wristed reviewer" comments aren't all jokes. Those people have TINY wrists.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Before I buy something pointless I can use literally any Qi charger with a 360 right? Like I could sit my watch on this no problems? http://smile.amazon.com/Wireless-Ch...=qi+charger+pad

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Takoluka posted:

I hope that's the case, because I would love to buy a bunch of these for wherever I go.

That's what I'm thinking. I just bought one for work and my girlfriends house.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Am I in the minority that I can get over 24 hours out of my 360? I pulled it off the charger yesterday at 430am and forgot to put it on the charger last night and at 1230pm it was still going at 5%.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Well the guy who said that $3 free shipping Qi charger from China was a bad call appears to be right. Ah well at least it was just $3.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Edit: Looks like the charger may have a short in it.

Still though how do you RMA a stress cracked 360?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

My Moto 360 1st gen band is splitting. What's the cheapest way to go about getting a new one? I looked up some straps on Amazon but I'm not sure if they'll just fit or not. The watch shop in the mall said something about needing an adaptor to make regular watch bands fit properly

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

logikv9 posted:

360 dies around 60% battery now. give me my new watches google :f5:

That's how I feel. Mine does the same thing

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Google needs to hurry up and announce their watches

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Okay now where can I give them my money? I miss having a smart watch

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anyone have experience with replacing an OGmoto 360 battery? Mine lasts like 30 minutes and just stops anymore and a new battery is only $15 on Amazon.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I would change the band but other than that I like the looks of it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I think I like the look of the Verizon watch the most of the recent models but really I just want a Moto 360 3rd gen

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

kitten smoothie posted:

So I guess your choices in 2017 are:

- buy the LG Style and have a reasonable sized watch with bad battery (and is already hobbled out of the gate for Android Pay), or
- buy the Huawei 2 or LG Sport and have something that looks like a tractor tire strapped to your wrist.

What about the Wear24? It doesn't look awful but we know almost nothing about it still.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I got the style because I have poor self control but I don't like any of it's stock faces. Anyone have a nice suggestion for a nice looking face that uses the unread notification feature?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

bull3964 posted:

All of the LG Style watches are down to $180 at Best Buy. That's pretty much the price they should have been from the start.

Thanks for that I bought mine last week so I was able to go and get the difference reimbursed.

Why is it terrible?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Don Lapre posted:

The battery life.

Lasts longer than my OG360 did though

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Don Lapre posted:

That doesn't mean its good

Is there anything else wrong with it? Because it gets through a full day and I charge my phone nightly soooooooooooooo

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is my Style an edge case where I'm still at 50% after 24 hours? It does better than my 360 ever did

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

LastInLine posted:

Well I finally got it on mine. The notification scheme is awful and has eliminated the only reason I bought it.

Is there any way to make it so you can actually see what's in the notification tray all the time?

On the style I spin the knob and my notifications​ scroll up

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

At a young age you made a poor decision and nobody corrected you and you have my sincerest apologies

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

AlexDeGruven posted:

Or I'm left-handed, and that was the only way I could fasten a watch band at a young age. After a while, I got used to the feel of it there instead of on the other.

That was :thejoke:

You know because in the past they would force lefties to be righties? Or maybe that was just my small part of middle of nowhere Ohio in the early 90s

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

LastInLine posted:

That's the one that can't make it through a whole day, right?

I take mine off the charger around 130pm and if I forget to put it back on it makes it until I get off work the next day around 11pm. So no?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

LastInLine posted:

The reviews were pretty consistent about its poor battery life but of course it always comes down to if it works for you. Do you use ambient mode?

I do not. I don't use it or the wrist turning the screen on but even with both of them I still got a full day taking it off the charger in the morning (7amish)and having it still be alive by midnight

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FormatAmerica posted:

Yeah it looks like I'll get ~22 hours, pulled it off charger @ 8am today and currently at 69% (nice)

I have ambient mode off but wrist activation on

I have ambient and wrist activation off and got about 32 on this latest charge. Took it off the charger yesterday before work and I was at 6% when I got home from work today.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

logikv9 posted:

how is the battery life? did it improve since launch

Like has been brought up a few times it's better than reviews said by a significant amount. If I turn off ambient and wrist to turn on I get about 32 hours before a charge. With wrist on it's probably closer to 20 or so?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

codo27 posted:

Does anything work right on the fanboy phone?

I've had no issues with mine. On my Turbo 2 my Style would lose connection 3-4 times a shift at work but no problems with the Pixel 2.

And since that's my experience clearly it's true for everyone :colbert:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I don't really get the battery life thing. I charge my phone every night I can charge my watch every night. If I take it off the charger before work it'll stay alive until I get home the next day, barely but alive.

And from my experience with the LG Style going on almost a year those reviews that said it lasts less than 8 hours are wrong. Even if I put the ambient screen on I can take if off the charger in the morning and go until I get home from work over 16 hours later.

It could be faster I guess but I only use the watch to tell me the time and why my phone is vibrating without having to get it out and look at it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Endless Mike posted:

I don't think you're quite right about no one wanting smartwatches. I see tons and tons of people wearing fitness trackers of various sizes, Apple watches, and occasional Samsung watches. No one wants generic Android watches because they are all the size of hockey pucks, which immediately removes women from the potential market, as well as many men.

This, of course, goes back to Qualcomm not bothering to make updated hardware that can actually get decent battery life that would enable companies to make smaller watches that people actually want to wear.

I will agree that people do not see smartwatches as a necessity like they do phones, but that was always going to be the case.

Do I have a giant wrist or something? Neither my original Moto 360 or the LG Style seem that huge

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Thermopyle posted:

I love how every time someone complains about the battery life they're getting other people chime in about how they don't have such problems.

Have had my LGStyle for over a year now and I still get better battery life than any review said I would get so of course I'm going to post about how I get a day and half before it dies :colbert:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

64bit_Dophins posted:

I guess the BMW customer has changed quite a bit over the years. Why anyone is stupid enough to buy a new on is beyond me.

My fiancees sister bought a new BMW. She also straight buys the newest Apple anything as soon as it comes out and just moved into an apartment that's $1300 and change a month only included utility is water and trash.

Some people are just bad with money

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Endless Mike posted:

I wish I could find an apartment for $1300/month.

The complex apparently raised it right after they got in because now the website shows it at $1500 and change.

That's double the rent of my apartment and double the house payment of my friends house.

Granted we live in the Massillon/Canton region and she's down in Columbus but jesus christ.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Two years of rumors leading up to nothing :negative:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

At least a flat tire goes uniformly across the entire bottom. The notch is just dumb and I hate that Apple has made that the new norm

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Did the wear24 get the new one update? They're cheap enough I've been tempted to pick one up in place of my LG Style because it has some more bells and whistles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I still am content with my LG Style. The battery still lasts nearly 24 hours. it doesn't have the most bells and whistles but it's not the garbage every review said it was.

I don't know what they do that they got less than 8 hours of use from the thing.