Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

What does the Special Edition get me for an extra :10bux: ?
  • DJ Scully character, with unique voice pack and set of face/body skins
  • Additional cosmetic items (each with multiple selectable variants):
  • “Scullyphones” headphones for DJ Scully, Mr Foster, Hayato Tanaka and Donovan Neal
  • 3D Glasses for Ana Larive and Hayato Tanaka
  • Bowler Hat for Mr. Foster and Reverend Alberts
  • Killing Floor 2 Soundtrack
  • Killing Floor 2 Digital Artbook (over 200+ pages!)
  • Copy of original Killing Floor 1 game
Please note that all of the additional special ediiton content will be made available to buy separately at a later date. Nobody is getting Goro’d here.

Fuckin :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Can I get a GIF of the scrake doing his call out and fist pump? tia

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Geight posted:

I love this animation btw, it's so intimidating when it's pointed at you.

First time I saw a scrake on hard, I turned a corner and he just pointed at me. Then he pirouetted me to death. I think it's my favorite animation in the game so far.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

LuciferMorningstar posted:

The lighting isn't the greatest, but here's a Scrake doing the point and fist pump, and some other stuff:

Amazing. What happened to the clot in the 2nd GIF to make him cry in fear?

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Skoll posted:

Just wrote a semi:effort: post in the TWI forums regarding Commandos and some load out suggestions. Tell me what you guys think.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1394542&postcount=3

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

FaustianQ posted:

For Zed variants, I was thinking what if there are two per Zed, a "pristine" and "haphazard"?

Like, for instance the Gorefast would have the "Haphazard" variant be the twin bladed versions that could have a "weedwacker" type attacked where it goes nuts chopping away at anything in front of it and is just incredibly dangerous if it gets close to you due to the speed and persistence of the attacks. The "Pristine" version would be primarily what Horzine intended, with armor grafted into the body, both arms attached and a proper weapon. They'd have way better AI behavior and be harder to kill, but would drop thier held weapon, likely for the Martial Artist or Berserker to use.

Something like the Haphazard Fleshpound would replace it's hand restraints with mace flails, seriously increasing it's range along with the ability to literally fling players and Zeds across the room. Pristine Fleshpounds would be real super soldiers, coated in protective armor (that breaks off) and armed with a GPMG linked with a large backpack of ammo, and with the ability to stomp or knock players away, with it's behavior modified to kite the players and in general make it's tankiness go a long way. It of course would drop the GPMG on death, and be pretty rare.

A Haphazard Scrake is a mess of stitches and parts that break apart as you shoot them, but make it impossible to circle strafe or kite them because they literally have limbs lashing out in all directions. They might (should?) have two heads to help make them more distinct and harder to knock out. A pristine is less horrifying and scary in a different way, it actually accomplishes it's original medical role for Zeds and while it lacks the chainsaw, it gains in durability and passively heals Zeds (they can still charge and punch/kick you). Worse still, a Pristine Scrake will attempt to revive a downed non-trash Zed (only once). Pristine Scrakes drop their reviving tools, allowing a player to be revived who has been killed that round.

Haphazard Husks use their fuel tanks as err...jet packs, allowing them much better vertical mobility and the ability to quickly relocate. Of course, this somewhat harms the Husk per use and he can't immediately fire after having done so. A Pristine Husk instead has cybernetic limbs along with armor covering the head and chest. He would carry a gauss rifle that requires charging per shot but is basically a flat shooting high damage projectile. The husk sacrifices this increased ranged ability and durability for being less agile. He'd drop the gun on death, and if shot in the back he explode in a spectacular shower of sparks and electricity.

Etc. I don't have full ideas right now and obviously the whole idea maybe dumb but I guess I'd thought I share my dumb ideas to see if anything had merit.

Actually, I think the pristine idea is really cool. All of the zeds as is right now are kinda 'why would you build this' levels of design, from a biotech/army stand point. It's like they're all failed experiments. Only one zed has a ranged attack? Bring in the tanks and run everything over, carpet bomb the poo poo out of them with planes or choppers. It's quite a bit of fun to shoot these horrible monsters and get stuck in, but realistically (:ironicat:) were supposed to be super soldiers, built for war. They only win because of their numbers. A 'pristine' version changes that.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Do you think...love can bloom even on a battlefield?

Click for big

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Tripwire, please pay your animators more money, and listen to whoever decided to animate your guns at a ridiculous frame rate. I keep trying to play other shooters, and they just don't compare. Nothing is nearly as smooth as KF2. You've spoiled us forever!

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Bullets ricochet during Zed Time for the gunslinger, so you can make the bullets go where you want them.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Shumagorath posted:

with his three mandatory heals and multiple instakills, is the worst design I've seen since games were meant to take your quarters. SNK would blush.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
when you unload both barrels and the stalker goes mile high

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I'm playing on Ultra for everything but occasionally when turning a corner to face a giant mass of enemies i notice some go through the UE mipmap loading. It's most noticeable on bloats, because they basically look like wet bowling pins for half a second.

Wanna start recording with shadowplay or something? Because that sounds loving hilarious

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Psion posted:

I'm shocked to see different people have different opinions on leveling up and whether or not it's fun.

oh wait, no.

I wish support moved faster. I wish every class moved faster. I mainly play support with a little commando on the side and whenever I switch to field medic I feel like I'm moving at warp speed, except it's really not even that fast, only feels that way compared to slowboat classes.

My specific problem is having to haul rear end all the way across a map to get to a trader pod. This is usually a problem on custom maps (some of them have the pods 300+ m apart, which is just poo poo no matter how you look at it) and that's not TW's issue but sometimes even a regular map is tough. Aside from a general speed boost of a few percent for all classes (really, I'd appreciate it) for base movement speed, I'd like to see the same for sprint. Or if TW doesn't want to mess with that during combat waves, make player movement or sprint go faster during downtime/trader pod time. Or ...something! I don't know.

For example, it's really tough when you have an expensive T4 weapon, die, go collect your Expensive Gun, and then there's zero chance you make it to the pod so you're stuck with poo poo for ammo, armor, grenades, and everything for a full wave all because you move so slowly. Faster move during downtime would fix that more or less, but I wouldn't say no to a general speed bump for all classes. Not a huge one, just a little extra.

Solution: Don't die.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I discovered a great way to gently caress with level servers. The two that I've been in will not reset a round until everyone dies, same as normal KF2. So spawn a couple hans, wait for them to kill your team, then sit there and do nothing while the wannabe levelers spew vitriol at you. I've had a good last half hour :)

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Questioner86 posted:

Go for it. Feedback is great for balancing and redesigning perks and perk abilities. Way more designers read the official forums than this thread so it can't do anything but help get more visibility.

questioner I've got 86 questions and they're all WHERE IS OUR NEW CONTENT WHY ARE YOU HOLDING BACK AUUUGUH

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
my face right now

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
tripwire now that mad max is out I need harpoon guns. good on you for the flamethrower

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Tripwire if you continue to read this thread, please listen to this:

drrockso20 posted:

Really hope for Martial Artist instead of a Knife equivalent, you just use your fists and feet, and by max level you punch hard enough to knock a Bloat's stomach out in one clean chunk, or punch a Clot in the head hard enough that it goes flying with enough force to kill another Clot

And not to this:

Phrasing posted:

I hope it isn't a martial artist at all.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
tripwire please keep in the wacky leaping pathfinding to remind me of KF1 tia

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I hadn't played this game since right after volter manor dropped, it's been nice playing the new classes. Firebug and new zerk rule, demo is fun but not very well balanced yet, I think. I keep changing favorite weapon to use, the trench, rpg, microwave, zwei, they're all really fun. Good on you TWI for making enjoyable weapons! Probably the most important aspect of a shooter and you continue to hit it out of the park.

I'd like to echo a couple things

closeted republican posted:

I wish someone would make a mutator that has all of the zeds spawn and stay as puffy as they do right before they're killed with the Microwave Gun. It'would be funny and strangely adorable.

verbal enema posted:

Nothing is better than slo mo jumping off a 2nd floor and Pulverising a group of clots.

I'd like a mod where opera music plays during slo mo its so beautiful

please look into this, especially the first idea tia.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
TAKING A HOLIDAY? TRIPWIRE IS ROBBING US AGAIN gently caress EA

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Questioner, most important question, does he still say 'One in the pipe!" ?

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I was playing on a custom map server the other day, got voted into a new map. Oh great, it's a trainer map. Well, maybe I can gently caress with the guys trying to level. I'll just explore it a bit and...

:wtc:

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Psion posted:

hey speaking of which have they said anything at all about the C4 stacking nerf penalty? Removing it, ideally, but at bare minimum actually indicating it in the game? Silent penalties like that are MWO-tier decisions. :colbert:

Now now, don't go saying things you can't take back. Nothing in this game is MWO-tier.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Questioner, let TWI know, don't listen to any scrubs calling for nerfs on Funslinger. Class is almost perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsuH1msEkvM

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
jfc I just had a charging gorefast slap away a SW500 bullet into a neighboring scrake and blow his head off.

game owns TWI

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
ONE IN THE PIPE CONFIRMED

KF2 GOTY

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I'm gonna bet you earned your title and av

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Questioner don't listen to babies, funslinger needs no nerf

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Give players an option to vote kick Hans

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Changed my steam name to ONE IN THE PIPE in honor of the greatest boss in KF

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
questioner pass this a long to devs: Do not nerf hans, nerf gunslinger's guns and abilities, do not change demo.

tia

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
this thread is just like stalingrad

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
that has to be a troll

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

LuciferMorningstar posted:

We're all supporting this, right? Right???

i would really like to hear you personally weigh in on this

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
yeah questioner IT'S JANUARY 7TH, CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS WERE WEEKS AGO. GET BACK TO WORK SLAVE

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
MY EARLY ACCESS DOLLARS DIDN'T INCLUDE PAID VACATION

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
tripwire you have 982 hours of my life but I WILL GIVE NO MORE! I DEMAND A REFUND FOR THIS BAD GAME

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Theta Zero posted:

I found a really interesting custom server. I mean, standard custom server nonsense aside (30 player count, custom music, and a complete rendition of Spongebob's Bikini Bottom), it was bizarre how much it modified the gameplay. It had had perk point allocation and a skill tree like a Diablo clone, a modified hud to support this, friendly AI, and it gave every model a toon shader outline.

It's very amusing how much people already can break the game with just simple modding.

Sounds like ToonRun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
TWI please introduce john wick char