Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

limited posted:

Best thing is, this time even us console peons get to Kill.. Some.. Floors. That sounded wittier in my head. :suicide:

But there's no release date for the PS4 one. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did 2 solo long games on normal as zerk, killed Hans both times.

loving love it, parrying the poo poo out of scrakes will never get old, need to figure out the timing for the fleshpounds though, game runs SO loving smooth on my toaster, seriously kudos on the optimization, shame I won't get to play with my friends today, every goddamn server is full.

I really love the new zerk playstyle with the hammer.

Anyone have the numbers on how much more damage you take on 6 man servers? Or zed health?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why aren't you guys setting the servers to 10?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Got to zerk level 5, I think that's enough for one night. :v:

Scrakes are fun to fight and I've got their parry timing down, need to figure the FP's parry timing.

Haven't been able to kill hans with pubs, the most success we've had is me parrying him while everyone unloads him but for some reason the medic just stops healing me halfway through and once I die its just kiting till everyone's dead.

I also feel the damage res is a little low for zerks.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm enjoying the pubbies that lead FPs and Scrakes to me so I can hammer them to death. :allears:

STILL can't kill hans with pubs, only got him last night with a fellow goon in the group who's KF1 specialty was pretty much soloing the pat.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress YEA, first Hans Suicidal kill.

Teamwork is SO important, I actually love that the zerk can't just solo things anymore, you need everyone alive, its awesome.

Team composition was 3 zerks, support, medic and commando, zerks where level 8(me) 10 and 15, medic was 14, commando was 12 and the support was 14, you pretty much need to kite the entire time, for hans have the zerk tank him while the medic plays nurse on whomever Hans is focused, quick swapping between all the guns is super important to keep heals up.

Its a ton of fun, tense, really loving hectic, seriously this game is GOTY as far as I'm concerned.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Crabtree posted:

So I just ran into level 25s and I'm wondering whether or not this is the benefit of betaing. I mean, they were fun enough to know how to money rain so they couldn't be that bad even if they played with their character data.

Perks where reset so if you bumped into 25's they either cheated or mega poop socked.

I'm up to 11 on zerk with 14 hours, mostly on normal and one on suicidal so I imagine its possible.

Bumped into a pubbie welding EVERY door, ran off constantly, bragged about having all the kills, true KF experience. :allears:

Also, does anyone if hans has any anti melee attacks? Me and a pub where pounding on him, suddenly explosion and we died from full health, I didn't see him toss nades either.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

limp_cheese posted:

I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet, but as long as you damage something when it dies you get full experience from it. Once I started putting a round or two into FPs and Scrakes as Commando and then focusing on the trash I started jumping up in level. If you see a Bloat stumbling around without a head shoot it once to get the XP.

I'm not sure if you shoot something with two different perk weapons that you get XP for both of them when it dies.

You do, a friend of mine is leveling zerk like me but carries around the medic pistol and he leveled medic to 1 just from healing people.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

splifyphus posted:

Just tried this on a normal 7 wave pub server with 3 players. By the time I ran out of gas, he had just turned yellow. Also I still died first, I'm pretty sure he aggros whoever's closest and that's always the zerker.

Don't use the saw blade thing, its garbage, just hammer smack him and have a good medic to keep you alive, also know when to back off you can't stay on him forever.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Found a bug with the medic armor.

It persists on any other class after perk swapping, even if you buy new or grab it off the floor it still gives you what you had as a medic.

And this isn't bug but apparently if the last hit on Hans is a headshot you can knock his head off. :black101:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Badly Jester posted:

I'm trying to get my friends to buy and play this game with me. One of them only has a video card with 512MB RAM and is therefore slightly worried it'll run like poo poo on his computer. Does anyone know how it performs on older hardware?

Edit: Thanks, that's good news!
vvvv

My PC components are a little over 3 years old and the game runs beautifully, 0 lag or stutter, it seems to auto detect and adjust accordingly, seriously I've said it already but the optimization is just amazing, a breath of fresh air after so many bad ones.

Also I just realized Ana is a reference to return of the living dead, she seems to be a combination of 2 characters from that movie.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well the other level 10 perk is pretty poo poo so its kind of a no brainer to take it.

Most of the zerk perks are kinda bad.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rei_ posted:

However will I know if this game presents the authentic Killing Floor experience

*joins a server where the group has elected to weld themselves into a three-metre wide stairwell at the start of the 6th round*

ah there we go

Not quite, you still need to bump into the support that welds every single door in the stage, closes door behind him on the way merchant and welds it shut, medics that never heal anybody and supports agrroing scrakes and causing teammates to be killed, then you will have experienced the true KF experience.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ravenfood posted:

Well, right now supports aggroing scrakes are pretty much the easiest way to kill them. AA12s to the face do it handily.

On normal sure.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Section Z posted:

My biggest Eyeroll on that front so far was having a pair of Husks as the last enemies in my sight down the hall in snow land, I back out of the door, close it, turn around, and see a pair of fire blasts hitting me in the face as the husks come over a wall to enter the map. You have not been out of my sight for even two seconds, yeesh.

For some reason, it makes me more mad every time I see a zed get launched 20 feet into the air to clear four feet of stairs plus railing, while my feeble human legs can barely make it over a railing when I'm next to it. I have no idea why this odd quirk gets to me so much.

So they do teleport, good to know I'm not just going crazy.

Had a hard wipe due to 2 retard pubbies pissing off scrake, SC kills both of them, then he gracefully pirouettes into the rest of the squad and wipes us out in one goddamn hit.

gently caress the FP's, scrakes are the real threat in this game and pubbies rarely let me handle them so nobody gets hurt.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FirstPersonShitter posted:

i think scrakes are extra mean at the moment cause we don't have sharpshooters or the crossbow so there's no great way to shut em down fast

Right now the best way to deal with them is to have a zerk parry it then circle it endlessly while smashing it with your hammer, problem is the zerk needs both space and people to keep the trash of him, on hard or above its a generally a good idea to just kite them till its just the scrakes left, have the team draw agroo from them to space them apart then handle them one at a time.

quote:

Do you guys already have really high level perks unlocked? I can't imagine doing the higher difficulties presently with low perks. I've played the game 10 hours in the few days it's been out and my highest perk is Level 5. I don't know how people are getting up so high already in some of my games.

Its calling having no life, I say this as a no life haver myself who's zerker is at 14 already and I'm probably going to try to hit 16 tonight.

Really need to hop on the goon servers for some fun times.

And yea the complaints over the EULA thing was just dumb, every single online game has poo poo like that seriously its not a hard concept to grasp, don't be an rear end in a top hat and your toys won't get taken away.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Alkydere posted:

Just got to level 10 medic and I have to say that Armorer is amazing.

The lost healing is pretty unnoticeable due to the fact that you already have boosted healing. And I'll admit the armor on the darts/syringe isn't great. Where it really shines is the fact that Armorer applies to your medic grenades. Having a healing cloud that restores health AND armor is actually pretty baller and amazing when face-tanking Scrakes and Fleshpounds.

Armorer is amazing, even a little bit of armor can mitigate damage, huge help on the big poo poo and Hans.

Got to level 15 zerk, at 6/15 I can actually outrun Hans, I almost killed him solo with 4 people in the room but got confident I was far enough from the nades he threw and took a ton of damage.

Really, really hope you guys address the teleporting poo poo, standing your ground in a particular area is drat near impossible now on higher difficulties, having zeds just pop in front of you when you're kiting is total bullshit

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ramsus posted:

Soloed my way to hans as level 16 support on suicidal. Then a level 2 commando joined for the boss fight and we got destroyed.

Health must adjust for number of players because I could down an fp with two grenades at his feet and one drum of aa12.

It does, a solo FP takes 2 hammer hits on normal, in a full room it takes a full clip.

On Suicidal with 6 people Scrakes take like 12 hammer hits, its nuts.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Penpal posted:

I really, really wish you could change the direction of the default swing though. I wish the default swing was horizontal as opposed to vertical. I think 99% of other games that focus on melee of have a decent melee system (Dying Light, for example) have the default swing as a horizontal swipe because you're going to be mobbed. I find i'm strafing too much trying to get hor. strikes in because in the heat of the moment, I can't really "rely" on myself to land them 100% and half the time a vertical swing will pop out if I'm not already strafing too much.

The way the zerk swings their weapon is based off their movement, if you're moving forward you'll always do an overhead swing, if you're moving side to side or strafing you'll always swing left to right, if you're moving backwards you'll do like diagonal swings.

So you can choose what direction you want to swing in you just need the space for it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jimbot posted:

Any tips on fighting the stupid scientist boss as Support? He just tears you up when you are close and shotguns aren't known for their range. So far the boss fight has been my least favorite part of the game. He has a hundred billion health, melts your health and is 10x as fast as you are. It's not fun to fight at all.

By yourself? Get in his face and circle strafe him then run the hell away when you see him throw nades, don't EVER approach him if he's to far away he'll rip you up with his guns otherwise.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Martout posted:

You know you're playing Killing Floor when you get bodyblocked by pubbies in a doorway as you're kiting a Scrake and they keep throwing grenade after grenade without killing the multiple Sirens around it first. That's Killing Floor.

I'm just completely in love with the Berzerker perk but man is it a tough sell on some pubbie teams. I often end up going Medic just to give the team a fighting chance.

Also Questioner86 and Turnways you need to tell John Gibson and Adam Wilson (I assume they're the metalheads behind the soundtrack?) about Misery Index and get them to incorporate some of their tracks into the game. Excellent riffs for headpopping!

I've been rocking the medic SMG on my zerk, its pretty cool to smash a few heads then heal a few dudes up, even if we can't kill hans at least we have a chance to get to him.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Serious Frolicking posted:

Zerkers need more than 5% damage resistance. poo poo, make it increase with level. I'm actually curious if a max level medic would make a better berserker than a max level berserker. You would lose out on 25% weapon damage and attack speed, but that extra health and armor would be way better than a lousy 5% damage resistance and you would get higher bloat resistance. Also, it isn't like medics get a damage bonus anyway, so why not use off-perk weapons after you are done leveling? The only downside I can see is losing the 25% siren resistance. It isn't like any of the current berserker perks are anything spectacular, either. Well, I guess formidable is kind of nice, but most of the other bonuses are either contingent on having low health or are just plain worthless. Low health and no heals means it is time to kite, not wade in.

Agreed on this, 5% damage res is way to drat low for a class that's constantly in middle of things and its retarded that the medic has 75% bloat res at max level and zerker is capped at 35%, all of the zerk's stats should go up with level, have the bloat and siren resist cap at 50% and bring up the damage res to KF1 levels.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Serious Frolicking posted:

It is also possible that swat and/or dragon is supposed to be the tanky fucker and berserker is supposed to be less durable by comparison. But right now, it is only natural to want the dude who needs to take hits to take them well.

I suppose that's possible but right now the 3 gun classes are tankier than the supposed tank, they gain benefit like more HP, more armor, health regen, hell the bloat resistance on a medic caps out at 75% which is pretty ridiculous whereas as the zerker's is a base 35%, plus the other 3 classes have the benefit of being gun classes and generally keep poo poo away from them, the lackluster perk tree doesn't help, you have the more ammo one everyone else gets, 3 worthless abilities that only activate if you're low on health, 3 other abilities that are just RNG when hey activate and the final 2 abilities look amazing but only work during zed time.

Zerker WAS overpowered in KF1 but it feels in their haste to balance him for KF2 they just made him lackluster and mediocre, unless the dragon one is gonna have all the damage resistance stuff.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Opposing Farce posted:

Parrying is supposed to make up the difference. Any class can do it, but only if they have a melee weapon out, and right now Berserker is the class where using a melee weapon makes the most sense. For the most part, if a Scrake is charging them the gun classes just have to hope they can pump out enough damage to kill him before he closes in; a Berserker, on the other hand, can use parries and the Pulverizer's heavy attack to keep him stumbled, which is basically the only way to stay alive for more than a few seconds once he's up in your face.

You can't parry an angry running Scrake, only when he's walking around, you can stumble him with the hammer though and even then it can be a crapshoot cause he can decide to do the spin attack as he's coming into to range and gently caress you up.

The circle strafe only works with plenty of space and its dependent on nobody else hitting him otherwise he might switch targets and get away from you, also dependent on either the scrake being the last one left or trusting your team to keep the trash off you, its not like in KF1 where the axe would stop him in his tracks, there's no real consistent way to stun a scrake perpetually now, the circle strafing is at best an abuse of game mechanics.

Also this is a bit of fighting game lingo but there's an unsual variance in the scrake's hitbox versus when he launches the attack and when it actually hits you, his main one where he sort of rears his arm back seems to have the proper hitbox and thus its easier to tell when to parry, his second one where he sort of rushes you with an overheard swing, the damage on it seems near instant, the timing to parry that one seems almost before he starts to attack which is a bit odd.

Anyway I found this imagine on 4chan, though you guys might get a kick out of it, I think its from Pixv actually.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Musluk posted:

You can, actually. Download a test map and try it yourself. The piruette is really hard to parry tho.

Lemme try to make a gif.

edit: here: http://i.imgur.com/nmxiJTh.gifv

I'll have to practice this.

Can you parry his pirouette?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Broose posted:

If there were a few things I'd change about the enemies it would be such:
-One of Gorefast's attack animations hits you instantly. It looks like he just wiggles his shoulders a bit for a backhand swipe. It doesn't look like the blade would hurt you on the windup.

This was a problem in KF1 as well, even if you stunned it the gorefast could still hit with just the starting frame of one its attacks.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Randler posted:

Just making sure my sound settings aren't screwed. Are zeds supposed to not have footsteps?

They have sound cues, clots make like gurgling noises, gorefasts slide their blade across the ground, stalkers sort of whisper, don't think Ive heard bloats, sirens or husks make any, scrake should be obvious(chainsaw noise) and he has thudding footsteps, the FP is dainty by comparison.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Had a weird UI bug.

I was swapping between people as the wave was ending cause I had just gotten into the server and the stuff at the bottom wouldn't go away.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shumagorath posted:

Well yeah but is there a reward curve for XP between Hard and Suicidal or should I be trying to suck it up in Hell on Earth?

You get more XP per difficulty yea, saddle up with your buds and go into Suicidal, or go solo.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Been having a lot of weird death at Hans, he''s not throwing nades or anything I just drop dead, its weird.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Basically, moving around is better so don't weld doors in KF2.

While I agree the teleporting zeds punishing this quite severely, nothing like rounding corner only to have the scrake that was behind you suddenly in front of you.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ramsus posted:

Just did an HOE that was going great. We had a 25 zerk with the Eviscerator camping a doorway destroying everything. He was really good at dodging scrakes and taking them out to. Then the server shut down on wave 5 of 10.

Did you see how he was taking them out?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ramsus posted:

The melee portion for everything except for sirens and husks. Those he used the projectile.

But was he like circling them or anything? Curious about getting some use of the eviscerator.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ramsus posted:

He circled scrakes and fp's. With scrakes it's safe to run past their left arm typically. Don't run by the chainsaw arm. We also had a good medic. Everyone was perk level 18+ We were holding out in the safest spot in probably any map which is the trucks outside on Outpost.

e. wave 7/7 with 40 zeds left on HOE. Good zerk and medic, two supports and a commando. I think when we all get to 25 we'll get HOE on a regular basis.

Circling FPs? Huh I'll have to experiment with that, I know about the scrake circling thing.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did that last patch give Hans a new attack? Never noticed it till today, usually in melee range he kicks, he jumps at you or sort of slashes, this time he did one where he stands still and sort of flails his hands around, does a ton of damage.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Whale Cancer posted:

I'm trying to level up something besides zerker. I'm still pretty low lvl, 11 on zerker, so I'm going to give commando a shot. Support with shotties does look really fun though.

Support is great and you'll even be more durable than a zerk.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ruggington posted:

This can be said for every class that isn't berserker :v:

Sad but true, my friend just got to level 10 support and is now rocking a 150 health. :stare:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I did some tooling around on HoE and yea, the damage you take being at melee range is really high, unless you have a pocket medic you aren't going to last very long and yea, you can't gently caress up parries at all in HoE or you're dead against any of the big zeds.

quote:

IMO Zerker really, REALLY needs some bloat vomit resistance. Even if it just minimizes the "vomit on screen" time, it needs to happen. Bloats are my number one problem as a zerker.

A support with a katana, or better yet a medic with a katana are far better for stun parrying scrakes and what not.

Bloat does 39 damage in HoE, and he can rapid fire 2 pukes if he feels like it, that's absurd damage in the blink of any eye.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LuciferMorningstar posted:

The last tier of skills look good, but everything else, save for the one that makes you immune to clot grabs, is really bad. Clot grab immunity is fantastic, but it doesn't make up for the uselessness of everything else. I didn't play KF1, so I can't make any comparisons, but it seems like here, even if you play relatively skillfully, you don't have much that lets you capitalize on said play. Maybe a skill that applies a damage buff following a successful parry would be good?

Last tier of skills only apply during zed time so they're fairly poo poo.

Just had my worst boss performance, Hans was facing away so I begin my approach to him when I'm close he does an instant 180, unloads once with his machine guns on me followed by a melee and kills me. :smith:

EMP nades are awesome yea, they allow safe approach or prevent a siren bomb from murdering everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fina posted:

You should be able to parry Han's machine guns if you spam the parry key really quickly.

I could have parried his melee but I took so damage I was in full RETREAT mode.

quote:

Zerk is actually really good when you level it. The ones I've been playing with on HOE have made it possible for us to get as far as we do. It requires a medic though.

A zerk is only as good as is teammates, chances are the HoE players are just super good and help each other so nobody gets overwhelmed, keep the trash off the zerk, etc.