Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
More than missed shots, what I mind is how enemies completely ignore terrain. Right now vertical distance is worthless, horizontal distance is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

FaustianQ posted:

Make the M4 a Demolitions or Firebug weapon, with it using either dragons breath or Frag rounds. For the Support, replace with A Saiga 12, an 8 round magazine fed semiauto, so it has a pretty drat fast reload. Up the damage compared to the AA12 and it might be competitive - less ammo, but more damage, and much faster reload time.

They aren't gonna flat out replace weapons in early access when they have already said that each perk will only have 4 to start with. M4 will get tweaked, but it is here to stay.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So I guess the caulk gun is going to be something like a short range, semi-auto flamethrower? I've never actually lit caulk on fire.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

FaustianQ posted:

It's not replacing so much as moving around, no assets are lost. Either way, you could do the same for the M4 but it'd be more awkward.

It is adding a whole new shotgun solely because you like that shotgun. That is incredibly goddamn stupid.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

FaustianQ posted:

Adding a new weapon is a lot of effort, granted, but it was a suggestion based on what the weapon actually offered over the M4. I don't personally have to like the Saiga to actually note how it's functionally different compared to the M4 (magazine fed as opposed to tube fed), and how it's quite different from the M500, and how the similarity in feed between the M4 and M500 is a complaint. Go be mad at something real.

Ha ha, oh man. This is the worst goddamn game to play if you want realistic guns. The problem with the m4 is that it is worse than the alternatives for making heads explode. Oh no, the loading mechanism is suboptimal! The m4 being poo poo has nothing to do with its real world equivalent. Likewise, any balancing tweaks will have nothing to do with its real world equivalent. If they decide to fiddle with the reload speed, all they have to do is change a number and speed up the animation and not put in a whole new gun that reloads faster.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Depends on their weapons, really. If ebr is the last tier sharp weapon again it will probably still be weaker per shot than the crossbow. For that matter, ebr wasn't exactly a popular weapon in kf1 so they might replace it with something else entirely. Also, it isn't certain how they will end up tuning the crossbow. There isn't only one way to balance it, after all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Zernach posted:

I remember buying KF1 from some sale and trying it for awhile, but the level grinding drove me off. That said I loving loved the firebug, last time I've had so much fun with a flamethrower was in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. I'm pretty much sitting on the fence about buying this, the upcomming Firebug is going to be the deciding factor for me.

Checking some videos of the current flamethrower it seems to be similar to KF1 in that its super good for clearing trash, but can't burn down tougher zeds fast enough. That about right?

Yeah, but keep in mind that firebug isn't out so the flamethrower doesn't get any damage bonuses. It also isn't the final tier firebug weapon, so it is very likely that they will get something better for spike damage.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I hope mac 10 isn't a firebug weapon if it is in at all. It was a normal uzi that set things on fire for some reason. Not very satisfying and kind of a lazy idea.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Firebug melee is obviously going to be a fire axe, it has the word fire right there in the name.

I'm still hoping that they get the fire axe as one of their buyable perk weapons and that it is an axe which is on fire.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm disappointed that the content is coming out so slowly, but getting mad about it is pointless.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

Gunslinger doesn't necessarily require hand cannons since having something like the S&W 500 steps on Sharpshooter's toes. I never played as one in the brief time I tried KF1 but video game pistol vs. rifle balance leaves me without any good ideas on how to build the class.

Sharpshooter is no longer sniper weapons AND pistols. So, why wouldn't gunslinger get hand cannons?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i prefer to make them both gaudy and dumb.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fun didn't test well internally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Alteisen posted:

why

double why

zerker must be bad. the gods demand it.