Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Geight posted:

Could just have the American character say it. :shrug:

Plenty of American-centric games already. Give us ridiculous Euro-quotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Ruggington posted:

you put 15 hours into it retard

Go easy man, that's like $2 an hour! What a fuckin' scam.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Rumor is that the update drops today. Questioner hasn't been seen in a while so that seems plausible. There's some chatter about an "opt-in beta" in the future on the official forums that has everyone going apeshit

Didn't we all already pay a few bucks to be in the "opt-in beta" that is Early Access?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

There are only 2 updates I really care about:

1. Stop the headless zeds from tracking people, unless they are blind.
2. Bring back the "switch to last weapon" button.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I'm surprised you can't just find dosh on the ground. It would be better than another katana.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Skoll posted:

I haven't tried Demo yet. Basically what you guys are saying is the C4 doesn't act like ye pipebombs of old?

If so, I hope this changes. I've not played Demo yet, but I hate to think how annoying it must be to juggle using my gun and trying to remember which C4 charge will detonate next, or that I have to care about setting them off at all. I loved the "awesome/suicide" nature of the KF1 pipebombs.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Finally got a chance to play with the Demo and FB and enjoyed them both. However, I wish the FB had a bit longer range on his flamethrower (and had something other than the caulk gun for varieties sake) without me needing to wait until level 20 to boost it.
And instead of detonating in order of laying them, it would be nice if the Demo could look at their C4 and trigger whichever was closest and in their sight cone. Too many times I'd have to detonate earlier ones for no benefit in order to get to the later ones I'd dropped. Also, some way of detonating C4 dropped by now-dead Demos. It's disappointing to see them flashing away on later levels and no use to anyone. I thought I'd hate remote-triggered bombs but they turned out to be fun. I'd prefer it if I could map a special button for detonating them, though.

Finally, can the engine support flaming creatures lighting up the area without any sort of massive framerate hit (or at all)? The catacombs can get pretty dark, and it seems like burning zeds should light the place up a bit more when they are all lit up.

Gromit fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 28, 2015

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Psion posted:

I remember reading it needed a 700-series card but I don't know if that's a hard requirement or "your card will melt unless you have something this powerful"

One of these days I'll remember to turn it on, at least the non-framerate-obliterating part.

I have it set on "gibs" on my 670 and that seems okay.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Is there any truth to the rumour that zed corpses can block M79 shots and cause them to dud if too close? I can see how that would mimic reality, but it would mean there's a big advantage to turning corpse numbers down massively in the ini. Well, if you aim low at crawlers anyway.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

The KF2 beta that just ended. Is this a trick question?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Ramsus posted:

I agree with this except it takes about one game played and not a wiki guide to realize what guns and perks are good for hans. Also hans taking reduced damage from explosives, having very high melee damage, and tossing gas grenades is a clue that you probably shouldn't go commando, demo, or support.

My level 3 demo was sending Hans into his heal/hunt mode the quickest I've ever seen when hitting him with RPG rounds. I mean, maybe my team were playing way better on that one occasion I used it, but that seems unlikely. On Normal though, I'll give you that.

e: When will we be able to buy the Zweihander as a DLC add-on? If I have to spend money I'd rather it go to Tripwire than have to buy a game from someone else that I'll never play.

Gromit fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 9, 2015

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Ruggington posted:

The main reason to go demolitions was to make fleshpounds disappear in a puff of smoke

Nope, the main reason is because it's as fun as all gently caress watching crowds of trash getting turned into gib rain, or torsos being lobbed over rooftops.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Ruggington posted:

I can't even do that now because I get like ten shots and no extra grenades :mad:

I can't argue against giving demo more ammo or at least something that isn't single-shot, but I've always had fun playing it. Mind you, the group I play with are not FPS players really, so we stick to normal difficulty. It's either that or I have to play D&D Online with them, so I'm happy to wear that.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Theta Zero posted:

It's a three second period where they have resistance over another C4. Stick two or three on them and just count the seconds and you can handle most anything.

If you stick some to a zed and it dies before you detonate, does the C4 sit on the ground waiting to blow or do you lose it?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

As little a thing as it is, I really like that the trader pods are 3D printer delta robots.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Mendrian posted:

I really hope at some point they implement a team mate indicator of some kind. Trying to divine where my teammates have run off to is difficult. Asking doesn't always help. "I'm upstairs" or "the room". Zerkers tend to take off on a straight line and I hate chasing them - it would be better for both of us if I just knew they were close or not.

No thanks. Losing a team mate and having to track them down (or losing the rest of the team, which is even more tense and fun) is a far better meta-game for me, especially for a game that is supposed to be so team-oriented. I might think differently if players could be downed and rescued like in Payday or L4D, but in KF you deserve to be punished for getting separated and not being able to handle it. IMO, of course.

e: It would also mean my team couldn't say stuff like "Where's Gromit? Leave him - he's already dead."

Gromit fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 3, 2015

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

QwertySanchez posted:

I'll be disappointed if the melee isn't just you pistol whipping everything. Or maybe one of those bolt pistols they use on livestock.

The hint is in the name. You throw guns at everything.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

sushibandit posted:

To encourage people to play higher difficulties, trader messages & character banter should get more and more insulting and degrading the lower the difficulty and the higher your perk level is.

Maybe even weapon price penalties start accruing at a big enough discrepancy.

This would be great. A couple of my LAN gaming friends sport level 20'ish perks and I've only just got them to move to Hard. One of them talks about how he can solo normal like he's some sort of KF2 savant, and I tell him how much of a baby he is.
Mind you, most of them play MMO games so I should probably count myself lucky I get to play this at all.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Revolver Bunker posted:

So it would be like Goro from Mortal Kombat but a head that screams, two arms would be grinders, one other with a chainsaw, and just for fun replace the last arm with a husk cannon.

Even though their engine would not support it, I love the idea of randomised mix-n-match zeds. A bloat comes jogging and wheezing at you with a chainsaw arm or crawler legs.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Alereon posted:

My problem with Demo is how many of my rounds mysteriously fail to detonate. Cloaked stalkers only explain so many vanishing explosives!

I think dead bodies can act as blockers as I get duds when I'm shooting low and crawler corpses seem to be to blame. This is especially bad if you upped the coolness level by increasing the corpse count.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Section Z posted:

I really, really want a poorly disguised clot character for some reason. One, because I am literally 5 years old and think of Chicken Boo jokes. Two, to piss of people who scream about "Immersion" in their nazi cyborgs and glowing dosh victory fight simulator.

3 crawlers stacked inside a trenchcoat pretending to be a guy.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Questioner86 posted:

Disclosure: I'm a KF2 dev

Get the UI person to take 5 minutes out of their day and bring back the "switch to previous weapon" key that was in KF1. That and the abysmal C4 detonation interface are the only things that really poo poo me.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

e:weird double post or database hiccup!?

Gromit fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Oct 31, 2015

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Like Rugginton said, give the poor Demo something that doesn't have to reload after every single shot. And he's crap at bailing the team out if things go to poo poo because Scrakes laugh him off and if stuff is in your face none of his weapons work properly.

And why does the medic get such pitiful XP for actually healing people?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Kikas posted:

Medic does get pitiful XP for healing, cause you can easily do it off perk and you do it a lot. On perk, you get tons of XP because the Medic SMG is King God Of All Guns.

But if that's how it needs to be played then it really isn't a medic class. You might as well rename it Sharpshooter.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Kikas posted:

I mean no matter how good you are at healing, even a 5 man team cannot carry a dead weight in the form of a non-shooty medic. This isn't TF2, as a medic you gotta pop a head or two to keep up with the team.
Okay maybe "dead weight" isn't the right choice of words, but as a medic you have guns that can shoot good, and you don't have to even switch out of them to heal people, due to homing darts. So if you don't kill some Zeds in between heals, you are wasting a lot of medic potential. I doubt it was a design decision to make the Medic weapons one of the most powerful guns in the game, but it's nice to break the tradition of "Medic is poo poo at killing" and have medics that can really really contribute to the carnage.

I'm not saying medics can't shoot stuff, I'm saying the XP award for healing people is too low and discourages people from doing it. I would have expected a class's primary function to be where a lot of their XP comes from. Actually, maybe I'm delusional. I haven't played my medic for quite a while so what do the numbers look like for XP earned for killing compared to healing if you consider they are doing a bunch of both?

But in the order of things I want to see fixed this is barely on the list.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Shumagorath posted:

Headless zeds should drop mid-stride with lots of good tweening / PhysX effects that keeps the momentum of their last frame alive lets them skid.

I'm wondering if I'd like to see the headless stump geysering blood like a Japanese samurai film as the body falls forward. Like a big rooster-tail that paints red lines over everything.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Say goodbye to my little friend:

http://i.imgur.com/hAgrza0.gifv

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Away all Goats posted:

What map is that?

It's Frozen. My group of friends enjoy it, and we just hold out on the level down from the helipad and have fun shooting down on zeds and caning them as they bottleneck on the staircase.
It's not amazing, but it IS fun.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I haven't seen anything yet that really compares to the official maps in detail that doesn't have some sort of pathing, trading, or frame-rate issues. I keep an eye on The Tripwire mapping forum to see what is there, but only download maps that people haven't reported problems with. Some are looking pretty darn good, but I'll be hosed if I get my friends to play a map where you get 10fps whenever you look out a window, or the trader arrows don't work, or it looks like you've been burgled because there's no furniture anywhere.

Still, it's early days and I imagine there will be plenty of great maps eventually. I play some Biotics Lab and West London remakes that are well made. The London one in particular is neat as it has a day/night cycle through the game, as well as areas that open up as the waves progress and a hidden area that you need to find switches to open. When you first start it up you'll think the lighting seems too bright and weird, but give it a wave or two.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Because this is a co-op game I honestly couldn't give two shits about how they distribute other weapons. I didn't care about not having some DLC weapons in KF1 and I can't see that changing here. I just can't get worked up about what other people are firing. So long as body parts keep flying into the air I'm going to be happy.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Azran posted:

SWAT better have flashbangs and a pistol that can't headshot clots in one bullet, Questioner. I think we all agree.

It would be amusing to throw a flashbang into a group of zeds and watch them stumble around randomly for a while, but yeah I'd not want to have that as my only grenade option.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Azran posted:

I'm mostly loving with Section Z :v: It'd be interesting to see what kind of grenades are devised for the last three perks though.

I didn't think you were being serious, but thought it was worth a comment about the idea nonetheless.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

ZearothK posted:

Only drop I got was from my first death, and it was a common woodlands skin for the boomstick.

I can see a pattern here.

Same situation for me, but I got a black bandanna that sold for 30 cents or so.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I haven't played since the week they put in the the nVidia FLEX stuff. Played today with some friends and it's weird but it seems like they turned off the blood/vomit liquid effects. There are still organs/intestines but there's no more jelly blood and I miss that a lot. Have they indeed turned them off or should I delete my ini or something?

Check your FLEX settings in-game. There is an option for gibs and/or fluids, so you might have it set on one instead of both.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Psion posted:

Zedtime really shows this, try dumping in zed and watch your bullets fly all over the place. They deviate from point of aim pretty hard if you fire rapidly. I assume it's similar in regular time as well but I don't know for sure.

It looks to me like the guns are hitscan normally, but act as ballistic projectiles during zedtime. Firing a decent distance in slow-mo can be quite hard to do accurately. Or I suck, which is more likely I guess.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Ruggington posted:

why are you playing demo without c4

Because I can't stand the user interface for detonating them.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

That google doc file on KF2 lists headshot damage as only an extra 10%. If they upped that to something serious you'd be bothered more about it. With smaller zeds it makes a difference as they have so few hitpoints, but I'm not sure 10% makes enough of a difference for the big stuff.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

OneDeadlyBum posted:

IIRC most zeds have different HP levels for the head and body. For fun, try playing a firebug and using the caulk and burn or flamethrower to kill a bloat. Your instinct is to aim at the ground near their feet so they take impact damage, and damage over time from the direct fire and the fire on the ground, right?

But they have such little head HP that it actually takes less ammo and time to point it at their face and kill them with impact damage alone.

Yeah, that's a good point.
For 6-player on hard, it looks like a scrake has 3850/1500 HP. A Deagle does 91 damage. So that's (3850 / 91) = 43 shots in the body to kill, or (1500 / (91 * 1.1)) = 15 head shots. Without the bonus damage it would take you 17.
For HOE, it's 5967/1875. So the same weapon takes 66 body shots or 19 head shots. Without the bonus it take you 21.

Definitely worth going for the head, but it still seems like the bonus damage is pretty insignificant if it just amounts to 2 rounds. Mind you, that all goes out the window if you hit them with anything they are particularly vulnerable to. For scrakes, MWG or RPG to the head makes a world of difference (double and quad impact damage, respectively).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Kikas posted:

Does that work if you donk them in the head with an unarmed rocket? Cause that at least causes them to fall on the rear end, but I didn't know if it helps damage wise.

Yeah, the quad damage is from the impact damage of the rocket, not the explosive damage.

e: The base explosive damage of the RPG is 5x the impact damage though, so it seems like it would be better to have it explode in their face.

Gromit fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Dec 18, 2015