Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

ZearothK posted:

They take longer to detonate. Get On Contact at level 5 and they become the best grenade in the game, with the caveat that sometimes stalkers will kill you by existing.

What's the rough timer on them? I will definitely get that as soon as I hit 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ZearothK posted:

They take longer to detonate. Get On Contact at level 5 and they become the best grenade in the game, with the caveat that sometimes stalkers will kill you by existing.

Unless you have Reactive Armor, which will in turn make you explode twice as hard :getin:

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Libertine posted:

This is probably a stupid question but I'm throwing it out because I can't figure out what's happening.

I'm playing Demolitionist today for the very first time, and the Sticks of Dynamite, how do they work? I got them to detonate a few times but I don't really know how I did. Are they on a timer? Do you have to trigger them? Is there something else that happens? They don't seem to work like any other grenades.

The fuse on those is just longer than grenades maybe by 1-2 seconds.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
If you want to make Commando more relevant, revert his (and the 9mm) ammo count/cost nerfs.

... Okay, just I want more bullpup ammo than God again, please.

It was nice being able to just say gently caress it and flip on full auto for trash at times, even if my aim wasn't as mediocre as it is.

But instead we got even the varmint rifle getting it's ammo slashed.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Takes No Damage posted:

I bet the 9mm sound is more realistic

having fired a 92fs, no

it's not

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I haven't played since the week they put in the the nVidia FLEX stuff. Played today with some friends and it's weird but it seems like they turned off the blood/vomit liquid effects. There are still organs/intestines but there's no more jelly blood and I miss that a lot. Have they indeed turned them off or should I delete my ini or something?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

gnome7 posted:

Yeah, with Gunslinger out now, Commando is going to need some kind of overhaul to it. Between Firebug and Gunslinger, they just don't have much of a job anymore.

To be fair, extending Zed Times is super important in Suicidal/HoE because the level 25 Zed Time Perks are loving nuts.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I haven't played since the week they put in the the nVidia FLEX stuff. Played today with some friends and it's weird but it seems like they turned off the blood/vomit liquid effects. There are still organs/intestines but there's no more jelly blood and I miss that a lot. Have they indeed turned them off or should I delete my ini or something?

Check your FLEX settings in-game. There is an option for gibs and/or fluids, so you might have it set on one instead of both.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I'm pretty sure they are forced to low because of instability issues at the moment.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Ah. I have it set to both and tried turning it off and on again to see if that'd fix it. Oh well, guess I'll have to live without jam rolling down stairs for the time being.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Farmhouse would be a great map for support if welding wasn't completely useless.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Ah. I have it set to both and tried turning it off and on again to see if that'd fix it. Oh well, guess I'll have to live without jam rolling down stairs for the time being.

wait what

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Flex tech makes nice puddles of viscous fluids when turned on. And everything sprays blood everywhere. Decapped enemies became fountains if I can remember. It's been a while.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

wait what what

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Notice the blood and bile droplets in addition to the organs: http://gfycat.com/LikelyMellowAnophelesmosquito

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
My KF2 experience is not complete I need that

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Orange Crush Rush posted:

To be fair, extending Zed Times is super important in Suicidal/HoE because the level 25 Zed Time Perks are loving nuts.

The game doesn't really explain it - does every kill in Zed Time extend it? Or is it every headshot, or is it just that if commando happens to initiate Zed time it becomes longer? I have no idea how it actually works :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kikas posted:

The game doesn't really explain it - does every kill in Zed Time extend it? Or is it every headshot, or is it just that if commando happens to initiate Zed time it becomes longer? I have no idea how it actually works :v:

Here's a bigass write-up from a few months ago about how zed time works and what extends it and what doesn't. It's pretty long so I'll paraphrase in case you don't want to read it:

Basically, Zed Time doesn't have time added to the counter, it just resets the counter whenever it triggers- so if you are in zed time and get a kill that triggers zed time, it resets the counter to 3 instead of adding onto what's left. Killing any enemy while in zed time resets the counter and you can do it only a certain number of times. Non-commandos can only do it one time, but commandos can do it up to 6 depending on their perk level.

edit: Commando's zed time extension applies to all players, so as long as you have a commando, any player that triggers zed time will end up with one of the same length.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Dec 7, 2015

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I hope you guys realize that the gunslinger is going to inevitably be nerfed, as most of the classes have been. As the gunslinger at level 0 is better than some classes with 20 levels, I wouldn't expect every other class to improve to the gunslinger's level.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

As the gunslinger at level 0 is better than some classes with 20 levels,

Uhh.. No it isn't. By far.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Here's a bigass write-up from a few months ago about how zed time works and what extends it and what doesn't. It's pretty long so I'll paraphrase in case you don't want to read it:

Basically, Zed Time doesn't have time added to the counter, it just resets the counter whenever it triggers- so if you are in zed time and get a kill that triggers zed time, it resets the counter to 3 instead of adding onto what's left. Killing any enemy while in zed time resets the counter and you can do it only a certain number of times. Non-commandos can only do it one time, but commandos can do it up to 6 depending on their perk level.

edit: Commando's zed time extension applies to all players, so as long as you have a commando, any player that triggers zed time will end up with one of the same length.

Right, thanks. It doesn't answer one question - when is a Zed considered dead? Is removing the head enough or does his HP have to go to zero? Cause if it's the latter then boy, I've been missing and awful lot of Zed time extensions.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Wish the 1858s could penetrate a single enemy at least. I vastly prefer their style over the Deagles; practicality be damned!

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Kikas posted:

Right, thanks. It doesn't answer one question - when is a Zed considered dead? Is removing the head enough or does his HP have to go to zero? Cause if it's the latter then boy, I've been missing and awful lot of Zed time extensions.

The zed needs to die for the extension to trigger. If you decap a zed, you'll need to bodyshot until it dies or have it bleed out and die during zed time.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Skoll posted:

Uhh.. No it isn't. By far.

it does more damage than medic!!!!!!!!!!!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

I hope you guys realize that the gunslinger is going to inevitably be nerfed, as most of the classes have been. As the gunslinger at level 0 is better than some classes with 20 levels, I wouldn't expect every other class to improve to the gunslinger's level.

hey, if it happens it won't be until March at the earliest :v:

But I disagree - Gunslinger 0 isn't better than any other class' 20. Gunslinger 0 is both usable and fun, a distinction also shared with Firebug. This is positive progress - remember how garbage the original 4 classes were at 0? They're ... well, two out of three ain't bad since. :shrug:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

I wanted to see if there was a limit to how many c4 the game would let me put down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYtqBFa_2no

There isn't one.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
As a player with extremely bad aim who is only really able to be effective with weapons with a huge damage radius (firebug or zerker, basically), it's safe to say that my gunslinger is not OP.

Though I do tend to rack up some impressive assist counts by firing wildly in every direction at all times

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Questioner don't listen to babies, funslinger needs no nerf

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ruggington posted:

it does more damage than medic!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh golly gee!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111 :catdrugs:

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
I had an interesting bug on Farmhouse while playing Solo; a clot grabbed me RIGHT as I was closing the door in his face and I ended up in this weird limbo where I had the "you've been grabbed" hand prints on my screen, and the clot was clipping through the door and attacking, but I wasn't taking damage and I couldn't move or open the door, nor could I hurt the clot. I was finally able to get free by welding the door, unwelding, and then I could open it. :science:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Psion posted:

hey, if it happens it won't be until March at the earliest :v:

But I disagree - Gunslinger 0 isn't better than any other class' 20. Gunslinger 0 is both usable and fun, a distinction also shared with Firebug. This is positive progress - remember how garbage the original 4 classes were at 0? They're ... well, two out of three ain't bad since. :shrug:

Basically, imagine a class with more damage, ludicrously more ammo, and even less reloading (but with longer animations) than pretty much any other class at level 0, with the added benefit of being able to buy its weapons at a cheaper rate. Wait, you don't have to imagine, because it's the Gunslinger.

If they are going to make every class as good as the gunslinger, that would be cool and good. In order for that to be true you would have to assume buffs for failed classes that no one really plays, like demo and commando. Based on history, an incoming nerf seems obvious, because this game is actually real easy with six gunslingers, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

We could also eventually see a shift to fix lovely classes I guess, but this game already has fundamental balance problems, like trying to give classes niches that don't actually exist, like welding and killing trash. But in their defense, some things have been fixed, like flashlights.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

like trying to give classes niches that don't actually exist, like...killing trash.

lmao

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

:frogout:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

because this game is actually real easy with six gunslingers, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Look, if you've got twice as many guns, the game should be twice as easy. Totally makes sense!

Killing trash isn't exactly a niche. Literally every class is wholly capable of killing trash efficiently, except for maybe Demo. But Demo is worse at practically everything, so no surprises there.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
Demo is great at killing trash, just as long as it's all focused on someone other than the Demo. :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

drat horror queefs posted:

As a player with extremely bad aim who is only really able to be effective with weapons with a huge damage radius (firebug or zerker, basically), it's safe to say that my gunslinger is not OP.

Though I do tend to rack up some impressive assist counts by firing wildly in every direction at all times

Hello, fellow headshot capacity inversely proportional to need of chain headshots buddy.

Commando still has some appeal to me for it's raw ammo capacity, and as cool as Firebug is gorefasts just feel like a hassle when you are early in with just your CnB, seeing how they only get pissed off for being on fire.

Gunslinger kinda HAS to have good damage per shot because it's got such low ammo capacity guns. When they turbo nerfed support during that beta they didn't slash it's overall damage, they slashed it's ammo (it sucked).

I wouldn't be surprised if they did a lot of number tweaking so the bigger gunslinger weapons were not nearly as strong off perk though.

I mean, through the viewpoint of people actually GOOD at this game, they yeah Gunslinger could be seen as batshit strong as they never miss a single headshot and keep that chain headshot talent running all match, and never fire a single shot that kills less than 4 trash at once.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 7, 2015

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
When they castrate the gunslinger into oblivion before bothering to make Hans not a terrible piece of broken poo poo i'll laugh so hard

if only to make up for all the cursing and frowning everyone on the server does when the boss coin flip lands on the big "gently caress you" side

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 7, 2015

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

RoadCrewWorker posted:

When they castrate the gunslinger into oblivion before bothering to make Hans not a terrible piece of broken poo poo i'll laugh so hard

if only to make up for all the cursing and frowning everyone on the server does when the boss coin flip lands on the big "gently caress you" side

Having not played in months, how's Hans broken?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I don't have any trouble with Hans. He's got a ton of tells for when he's going into melee mode, and even then it's not so difficult to just parry him with a knife, especially when he does so little damage once you parry him, except for his one unblockable attack where he just flails his arms around a hundred times. His main problem is just that it's an incredibly long fight, especially when your teammates die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Gunslinger is clearly overpowered as he's been the only class I've actually enjoyed levelling the entire way and felt useful while doing it.

:colbert: