Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
UGH Just one weekend away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Shoot, even in those early PCGamer videos you can see how the commando would just hipfire all the time, and even on the off-chance that they headshot a Bloat, they'd still pump another magazine into the headless, shambling body.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Questioner86 posted:

We're asking our partners to put up more servers. Right now we're at about twice as many players as we initially estimated. :banjo:

Nobody is ever truly prepared for the :goon:

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Dreylad posted:

favourites, click on a server and hit server details, click on the star in the bottom right corner. finding private servers or connecting by IP, I don't know

I would imagine it's like the old HL style where you just type Connect and then the ip address in Console. I was wrong.

So basically Connect Open 68.232.183.112:7777

Tamayachi fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 21, 2015

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
The doorway blocking is only fun when you have a dude in the doorway spraying his AR into Hans who is coming from the other direction, and 5 pubbies all sandwiched in the middle dying rapidly from Nerve Gas and unable to get out of the gassy hallway.

Also getting out of the trader screen only to find yourself boxed in and unable to move until someone else leaves.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

widespread posted:

Random thought here: But would they even do holiday events or Objective Modes in KF2? Even though the objective mode was more a tail-end thing, it was interestin' enough.

Yeah, it was datamined at the same time that we found out about other bosses that there would be other game modes too, like Hack the Computer and things like that.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Opposing Farce posted:

Also the matchmaker has a "game mode" option. Survival is the only choice it gives you but the fact that it's there implies they're gonna do something with it.

Survival and Hardcore Survival where all the traders have been removed and you must scavenge for everything during a single, nonstop wave. Which is also a time trial.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
It might just be me, but it feels like when I shoot with the Medic pistol the rounds go to the left slightly. Admittedly, I never turned on crosshairs and during Iron Sights it's fine, but I hip fire with the pistol a lot to headshot the packs of clots and it just seems a bit off. When I compensate by aiming to the right a bit, I get reliable accuracy, but the first 2 shots tend to miss because the bullets are always slightly more left than where I think they should go.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Hm, I seem to keep losing connection when I'm down to the last 10 zeds for the first wave.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

ShadowMar posted:

loadsamoney

I want to see this, except everyone a demo. It'll turn into a game of last man standing every wave :getin:

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
The issue I have with the syringe on other players is that in KF1 I could just click click click and it would heal people running by, for this one it feels like I have to be on that person for a solid second or two before it triggers a heal, not good for someone moving around.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Ramsus posted:

Not bad. But I'd reverse the colors and make blue safe and red the danger zone

Look at the glass on the door :ssh:

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
So I've been parry spamming Scrakes and such by holding down the reload key and blasting the block button which gives me a parry every like half second rather than just using the block button by itself. Is there a downside? I see the big green shield/circle pop up when the scrake connects and stumbles, but I can't tell if that's a real parry or if it's just a block with a particle effect.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Alteisen posted:

Yea you're getting the parry, circle only shows up when you get it right.

Ok cool, then I guess (as a berserker) holding down reload and blocking really trivializes the parry mechanic, like one or two hits *might* get through but for the most part you'll parry pretty much everything from multiple sources. I wonder if it's a bug.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

dont even fink about it posted:

I'm pretty burned out on KF2 at this point and I'm hoping they can come up with an objective, any objective, besides "grind levels."

Also, this game's skill curve, outside of learning parries or how to get the most efficient healing out, is just about non-existent.

It'll be fun when they get to adding Objective mode maps this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Yeah I still jump on this from time to time

http://steamcommunity.com/id/oldstoneface