Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Does anyone else's game lock up if you try to quit just before the next map loads? I get stuck on either the KF2 loading screen or some kind of bugged out screen, it varies wildly when it bugs out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Colosmicon posted:

Change the ZoomedSensitivityScalar in your KFInput.ini. It's just a multiplier that the game applies to your mouse sensitivity.

Isn't this also kinda screwy in that to get a near 1:1 with your hip sensitivity it should be set to around 0.78 or 0.73?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
The main problem is that Tripwire has a bunch of small things they could fix, but don't, and are not making much of an effort on balance changes either. A map is nice, and I can't wait, but other than that it seemed like KF2 fell into the same pit that most other EA games do: Nothing gets done for a long time.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

I'd give commando a fast weapon switch, if they don't already have one.

It's useful zedtime (lvl 25) perk does. Reloads twice as fast and swaps weapons at normal speed (or I mixed that up).

I like the idea of a time limited, use limited damage buff on a single enemy. Maybe not used in zed time, lasts only a few seconds, and only gives like 1.5 time damage to everyone shooting at it.

Like, you could save a single berzerk who messed up his parry from the fleshpound now. But you can't use the ability again until next wave.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

FaustianQ posted:

What about this for the Commando, but instead it's trash you've OHK chain killed. Might be a good regulation to popping ZED time, and prevents massive abuse vs Bosses. Make popping ZED time a Level 5 skill, but instead of a whole bunch of ZED time skills just make the capstone ZED time skill as "move at normal speed during ZED time".

Level 5
Call Out: Shares the Commandos ability to see health bars and cloaked enemies
OR
Tactician: Allows the Commando to activate ZED time once ZED time bar is filled. ZED time bar fills with kills but fills faster if you rapidly OHK Zeds with ARs.

Level 10
Large Mags: 50% magazine size increase
OR
Tactical Reload: 50% Faster reloads.

Level 15
Professional: 25% flat damage increase for semiautomatic fire and weapons
OR
Rapid Fire: 25% damage bonus for automatic weapons.

Level 20
Crippling Fire: Every hit on a Zed debuffs it's speed by 2%
OR
Designated Target: Marks a target that then takes 200% more damage. Usage of Designated Target slowly drains ZED time bar.

Level 25
High Speed: Increases the speed of all actions performed (reload, melee, walking, running, etc) and weapon firerate by 20%
OR
Low Drag: During ZED time, player and everyone within 10m moves in real time.

Tripwire, please implement this, tia.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Seems reasonable. Throw in a cooldown period between Commando activations and you solve the trolling problem, too.

I think he means combining it with commandos zed time lengthening attribute giving you 6 long seconds of zed time. If a commando could pop off zed time at will, it probably wouldn't need that attribute any longer.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Large mags only gives you the extra amount it gives your mags to the ammo pool currently. So an extra 15 bullets to the pools of the 30 mag sized guns. If they were to make the choice between large mags and fast reload, they really would need to add to the pool the extra 150 or so bullets you would get if it applied to every mag in order for it to be competitive. Cause faster reload is something that is super useful.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Why on earth would large mags need to also give you additional ammo? That's a totally different consideration. The benefit to large mags is that you reload less because you run dry less. It doesn't reduce the value of the bullets that you've got. If you're a compulsive reloader, faster reload is obviously more attractive, but there's no logic in insisting that large mags needs to also give additional ammo in order to compete with faster reload. It's a matter of taste and style.

Reload downtime will always come. No matter what. Making it shorter means you can continue to shoot faster. The advantage of spike damage isn't as good as being able to keep it up at a steady pace when the most things you will be shooting at come in large numbers and are weak. 150 extra bullets might be too much, but the pool should be made bigger than by just 15 (or 10) rounds.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Yes, reload downtime always comes. The question is "How frequently does it come?" If you've got a big mag, then it comes less frequently, which makes reload speed somewhat less relevant, assuming you can find an appropriate time to do the deed. A larger mag means more steady damage because you don't have to take a break to reload. 15 extra rounds in a mag means as many as 15 extra dead bodies between each reloads, which seems like a pretty consistent increase to me, and not at all what I would call "spike damage."

Don't have to worry about finding time to do the deed cause now the reload is short enough to not matter and keep up a steady pace. I guess you are right that it just comes to taste. In all my experiences in other games when given the option between larger mags or quick reloads, quicker reloads were always more useful cause you never knew when the next rear end in a top hat on the other end was going to round the corner and less time being defenseless was better. Which is why I think that being able to put the hurt on without larger interruptions would be better than just extending the hurt.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Pretty sure that is on by default. You can shoot and melee corpses and grenades in corpse piles. Both cause limbs and body parts to detach and go flying.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Spray cans mounted in a modified caulk gun. :eng101:

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Does Hans have a different damage multiplier/take any damage if bullets hit his energizer-styled backpack? Wonder if it is useless to dump into him when he's running away from you, since that thing pretty much covers everything but the legs from behind?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Tripwire lied, no zeds died.

Was kinda hoping for gunslinger since my favorite thing to do in KF1 when not commando was be a sharpshooter loaded down with pistols. Wonder if there will be any automatic pistols, like a 93R or Stechkin APS? That'd be cool.

Totally understand their "no comment on stuff til it is done" approach cause people got unjustifiably pissy when they couldn't meet deadlines, but total blackout is nearly as bad in my opinion. Though it sounds like they have even more stuff on their plate now, rather than just KF2. Forgot the name of that game they were partnering with another studio to work on, but I really don't care to look it up.

Broose fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 24, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Some days, trying to get a group together is :effort:. Can't a game be fun without the absolute need for total in sync teamwork and being forced into a class on lower difficulties?

It will probably get better once support isn't the only class that can deal with the big dudes. Demo and a reworked berserk (not that he isn't able right now, just it seems to be out of most people's reach to do so) will hopefully pick up the slack.

I sure as hell run into the same problem closeted republican does where I am forced to go support in late rounds cause the server is full of people that are just not that good, low leveled, or both.

Don't expect the next patch til mid-July. Tripwire works now on Valve time.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

ZearothK posted:

Wait, there was an announcement stating that stats won't be wiped out before and for release? I sort of stopped playing after the first week because of the expectation of getting level-wiped and wishing not to climb the curve multiple times.

Yes. During E3, Tripwire came on stage, teased us with poo poo that probably won't see the light of day for months and said there would be no wipes.

Also why the gently caress are you already working on Rising Storm 2: Vietnam when you have a half finished game in EA.

Broose fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 26, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Long as it doesn't negatively impact KF2 development I don't really care. I'd choose KF2 getting done over Rising Storm 2 though.

I'm just pissy about KF2 and how slow it has been going since I love the game so much, but have become rather bored of it now. So I'm sorry.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Alteisen posted:

The main problem with Hans guns is that its kind of inconsistent when he shoots, hell I've had times where I'm right in his face and he starts shooting without even looking in my direction, its pretty weird.

Agreed. Close range with the patriarch and his gun was equally deadly, but he had a super obvious tell with a voice clip and pose and like a 2-3 second wind up before he started shooting, which was plenty to get the hell out of the way most times.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

FaustianQ posted:

You realize this makes the capstone skills look even more like a bad design decision, right? ZED time really should be something the team coordinates around, instead of a random event. Let the team build up towards ZED time, let Commandos (extend ZED time) and Gunslingers (make ZED time happen faster) assist the team with ZED time boosting skills, and make it something the team plans around. Capstone skills can then really mean something for a well coordinated team, rather than near pointless gimmicks.

The more control the players have control of elements of the game, the better it is and the more depth it has. Random elements are dumb TBQH.

I don't know why, but the idea that class types effect certain parts of zed time seems to scratch an itch I didn't know I had. I really like the idea of a team managed zed time. Commandos can extend, gunslingers can reduce minimum time required between, Berzerks get a chance bonus to succesful parries, Martial Artists get chance bonus on kills within range, Demos with multikills at range, supports with mutlikills up close, etc... Basically, reward playing to a class' strength with zed time chance or time modifications.

Or maybe replace the capstone skills with zed time chance modifiers and avoid the whole issue without needing to implement something like manual zed time.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Wonder what kind of off class weapon would be best for a demo since it seems like two of his weapons are really sparse on ammo.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Even after this update, I'll probably still not play until they implement the perks I'm waiting for, SWAT, gunslinger, and sharpshooter. I look forward to it.

Firebug thing sounds okay as long as it doesn't spray mobs that have scrakes and FPs in them. It will probably not be powerful enough to even kill clots. I will be surprised if it does.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Section Z posted:

I'm having trouble parsing this for some reasno. This popped up in a thread talking about the Microwave gun.

Um, what? Did they just for get "In this update" or am I missing something here.

He means that the weapon will take some effort to get working (or it is just last on the "to do" list) in game and likely will end up being the last one implemented out of all the new weapons. And when it is he wants to show it off.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Too bad the microwave webm 404's. TRIPWIRE IS loving US AGAIN!

I look forward to weapon specific weak zones. I don't remember what the commando skill sheet looks like so I can't really comment on the changes to the layout. Making Callout level 15 though is going to loving hurt though. Least it has something somewhat close to as useful with a team buff of 10% reload speed.

Broose fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 15, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I wonder how many marshmallows were microwaved while making this weapon.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Not to mention it is stronger than the 9mm, so it can actually one shot clots above normal.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Cause the lay person thought it was just another dead steam EA title. They need to drum up awareness to say otherwise.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
That would require them to persist around corners if no player is there first.

edit: Just so it is clear: I'm ragging on the very loose teleportation of zeds the game loves to do at the drop of a hat. I'm well aware zeds can be around corners.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

quote:

M500 now holds 16 less shells
Double Barrel holds 16 less shells in the ammo pool
Added functionality so ammo pickups can give partial mags
9mm starts with one mag less of ammo
9mm has 3 less magazines
AR-15 starts with one mag less of ammo
AR-15 has 2 less magazines
Bullpup has 3 less magazines
AK-12 has 2 less magazines

You can't cut back on our ammo funding! You will regret this!

On 10 wave servers I ran low all the time as a commando, even if it is just poping heads and nailing sirens. I think the ammo nerfs in general are a bit much.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Questioner86 posted:

This is what the balance hinges on. The reward for finding the weapon should be "cool, I found a useful weapon" that will allow you to supplement what you're currently using. The economy should not, for a typical player, require finding stuff on the ground and selling them inject more dosh into the economy. I say the typical player because there are always going to be some SERIOUS KILLING FLOOR HoE STRATS that basically require that poo poo but that's not 99% of the people who will play Killing Floor. Fortunately we have analytic data that can help us tune all if this and find those sweet spots to make sure people are getting the right weapons, making meaningful choices between weapons/armor/more ammo, and being challenged in an exciting way.

By the time I actually come across a weapon or ammo crate it is wave 3 or 4 and I'm already full to the brim with my T1 and T2 weapons and possibly armor if I'm lucky with the amount I've killed. I don't get to say "cool, a weapon" until it is too late to matter to me now. I suggest going with the cap on amount of stuff that spawns per wave and ease up a bit on the scarcity. Righ now it is too much, and I'll agree with you, before (on normal at least) there was too much.

Quite frankly though, all these ammo nerfs (with ammo box and perk nerfs) make me want to tell you were you can all stick that analytical data. Greatly limited ammo on my zombie shootmans? No no. But it is felt super hard on the 9mm since you are stuck with that in early waves.

The AK is especially weird now. It is really expensive and you don't get a lot out of it. Might as well stick with the bullpup and a medic pistol until the SCAR.

Also, the flex stuff is really nice, A+. Like the new headless bloat vomit as well.
Also, the end of round stats, super nice! Turns out I'm a headshot machine!

Broose fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 26, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Suggestion for general improvement of game: Decapitated zeds no longer able to track you perfectly, also, a delayed attack if you do brush up against them. This poo poo is so loving annoying. "Oh, you decapped a gorefast? Have fun shooting it more to stop it from running into you and attacking anyways." I already made it's most vulnerable spot pop, now I have to put five more into it's body to stop it before it hurts someone. Or say trying to gun down a wave that spawned in front of you while running away from another; you've popped all their heads, but you are still hosed and going to take a lot of damage cause they still have phantom heads.

poo poo is so loving annoying sometimes.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Propaganda Hour posted:

The idea that players should be using the pistols to conserve ammo/money is antithetical to your own design paradigm. You made us all start with perk weapons because perk weapons are loving cool and this is a game about killing poo poo and being loving cool about it. Now you want us to forgo the cool poo poo to plink away with milquetoast pistols all for the sake of balance. Yeah, screw that. I want to be able to run around a map firing my cool guns in the air to the beat of the music for shits and giggles on normal because I'm having a good time. I keep playing matches where I just run bone dry as support & commando even playing conservatively because, more often than not, I'm making up for unskilled or dead players.

This is pretty much what I feel about it all.

This whole thing feels odd cause I don't ever remember in KF1 having troubles with servers going "hold up guys lets search for weapons on the ground"(edit: but I never ventured much past hard.) at near the end of a wave. Hell, a handcannon and armor was a dream come true. Early high tier weapons, yay.

Edit2: Does anyone feel like for the power of it, 9mm ammo is insanely expensive? I never refill it cause it seems like a waste of dosh.

Broose fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 27, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Yeah, I watched a person put 3 RPGs into a scrake while I was a commando and it only took about 1/4 of its HP away, on normal. That explosion resistance is no joke.
Hans also seems really easy on normal now without his super guns and the gas grenades don't hurt nearly as much as I remember. His attacks on normal didn't do much damage at all actually. Anyone else playing on normal experience this as well?

Lets list the good things in the beta for a change of pace:
Hans introduction (With multiple pro-tips!) and shield and improved visibility on grenades.
End of game stats
Flex tech
Microwave gun
RPG

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Yea its way to loving dark as it is and the sirens blow out most of the lights, loving crawlers blend in so well.

You can blame all those people who wanted dark maps. They got their wish.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
RPGs are not a good choice for hans, I've found. I also wonder when people realize that scrakes don't give a gently caress about explosions and RPGs. Yes, the last 4 RPGs didn't anger him, what makes you think you will be able to kill him when he does?

Demo is kinda in that weird area where he doesn't have much in the way of trash killing until his t3, which is his only real trash killer since the pistol is so inconsistent.
Switch the C4 and m79. Make C4 refills cheaper to compensate for the 1100 gate to entry.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Who's dick at tripwire do I have to suck to get them to boost the 9mm to 20 damage (equal to the medic pistol)? Also, I've been noticing in the beta that mosnters killed in doorways have the abiltiy to get stuck in mid-air in them. Sometimes blood splatter will float in mid air as well with it.

I want to re-iterate that the flex stuff is awesome and it is a sight to behold to see an rpg blowup a group of zeds and watch ropes of intestine and meat chunks fly off everywhere.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
They put the supports ammo back but left the commando. You are dead to me Tripwire, DEAD! This is now a bad game made by bad people. Hyperbol aside, please reconsider, and also look into making the AK a non-choice other than for shits and giggles. It isn't BAD, but the combination of really low ammo pool and very high cost for what you get (a only slightly more powerful and more recoil bullpup) make it a waste of space. It isn't good enough to deal with scrakes and FPs, but the bullpup is good enough to deal with sirens and husks from afar easily. SCAR is perfect, SCAR is love.

I'm happy the demo's starter refills for cheap, but the explosions it makes look like they are too big for how far they reach and do damage. A crawler survived... A CRAWLER FOR GOD'S SAKE!

edit: Here are some pics from describing stuff from my eariler posts:

Here is a dead gorefast stuck in the middle of a doorway. I've seen this with a siren as well. Apparently it happened to the other guy too since he was shooting at it.

Broose fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 28, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Demo should get a China Lake with buckshot rounds. Minces everything below a scrake from a good distance.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
It has been a while since I've played this game, have they made it easier to jump over railings yet? The gifs say no, but I want to make sure.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Now I'm curious, how much damage a RPG does compared to a C4 number wise? An RPG would be much easier to use during zed time than a C4, (unless C4 sticks to hans through phases and his own explosions).

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
As someone who played KF1 since release, I am deeply saddened by the loss of the end map celebratory dosh throwing. No one does it anymore and there is always someone who races to pick everything up like there is another round coming. Them young wipper snappers don't know how to rightly celebrate ya hear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Alkydere posted:

Yeah, 10-20 dosh for finding/shooting one would be lovely.

I'd rather have the old pick up weapons for dosh meta back than the look at the memorized places for dosh meta.