Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
At some point, if he cares that much, why stop him? He's got nobody to play with (well, almost nobody), they can easily take down the servers, and there will certainly be some update that forces him to restart eventually.

I mean, good on him for going through the effort to look at the main menu or play solo. The thing is out in not even 2 days anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

echronorian posted:

I thought this was the Killing Floor 2 thread, not the Killing Floor 2 PC early access thread.
I can't tell if you're just being a weirdo over some insane perceived neglect or if you honestly missed

quote:

Killing Floor 2 will be released on Steam Early Access on Tuesday, April 21st 2015 for $30/£20/€27 base edition and $40/£27/€37 special edition. A full retail release on PC and PS4 is anticipated within the next year.
in the OP (despite "getting it"), which is all that we know right now.

so no, it didn't get "cancelled"

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
About to jump in for the deluxe version, but i need to know if there's some incredibly castrated German version that i'm secretly getting/going to have forced on me once further patches roll out by just going through the regular store page, because if so i'll definitely wait for someone to gift me the international version instead so i'm in the clear.

Can a dev outline what's going to happen or is that already stated somewhere?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Require More Fire posted:

I believe it was mentioned on the last page or two that they're not entirely sure what's going to happen but it's likely if you live in Germany or Australia that you're going to get toned-down version once the full launch happens.
If that's the case even if i get it gifted by a friend (so it wasn't technically "bought in Germany") then i'm screwed and that's a tremendous bummer :(

gently caress

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

CaudaVenenus posted:

After fighting him a couple of times I think also that one of the keys is to keep your best stuff for last. Expanding your precious ammo too early will cripple you when fighting his last "red" form, which seems to take much more damage to put down than the intermediary ones.
This seems like a good idea, i've seen entire teams keep all their grenades to dump them the moment he finishes his last heal.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Weirdoman posted:

I'd be interested in seeing the day 1 sales numbers and how much you guys over/underestimated those numbers.
Not sure about the sale numbers but http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=232090q1250&from=0 is interesting to compare the long tail of KF1 (spikes were sales) with KF2s first few days (visible by clcking "Past Week") in player count. Unfortunately the data doesn't include KF1s launch numbers.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

I was enjoying it as the matches where we fought as a team were more successful than the ones where we held a static position.
That's interesting, because unless you have extensive voice chat coordination the former is basically impossible to manage coherently and people get split up or lost, compared to the latter which tends to be more foolproof.

I mean, the whole "reach the moving trader" mechanic exists to pull you out of your favorable spots in the first place.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Mexicat posted:

Is there any way to fix my animations? I'm on an Intel HD 4000 and yeah I know it sucks but the guy in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N6fkD9wZQg has the same and seems to have everything working just fine for him. What's the deal? Did the animations work in the beta and then not in the full game?
He fixed it by changing the nvidia settings to use his actual gpu instead of the fallback integrated one.

also mentioned here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/230024463457980482

e: actually thats a different video than i thought it was, probably a different issue in that case

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 23, 2015

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Crabtree posted:

drat, kind of makes playing it now a little pointless. Oh well, this is what happens when you buy Early Access.
There's an XP bar on screen so i can see why you might get confused, but making it go up isn't the point of the game.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Mindblast posted:

I know what artifacting looks like and this just isn't it. This isn't the entire image loving up. The in world lighting goes bonkers.
You sure? While the framebuffer can be very obviously affected by corrupted memory, textures, geometry, character animation matrix stacks and in-world light data like positions or colors all reside in the gpu memory, so if that starts getting wonky due to heat or other restrictions (like some intel HD 4000 videos posted here) you'll see artifacts show up in one or more of those, some more noticeable than others.

In any case send a bug report with screenshots to the devs, i'm sure they know much better where the point of failure might be if it's a problem with the game.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, the clot's new powerwalk is great, it always makes me chuckle when I see it.

This was mentioned to me on the first hour of playtime in the beta and since then i've never been able to unsee it

I'm not complaining, it's been improving my hardcore zombie invasion simulator experience significantly!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Sadly, that is likely way too much text for the attention span of people who actually, seriously got up in arms over that. But good on them for trying.

Joined my first public game yesterday, it had 3 people shouting human being and friend of the family over voice coms and we predictably got nuked on the boss. In related news i now wish the game had animation to burn your cash right in front of someone begging for it.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Ramsus posted:

^^really? pubbies have been really cool so far. Been having some good suicidal games with them. People seem really willing to cooperate.
This was on normal and my sample size is obviously not statistically significant, so i'm taking it with a huge grain of salt.

But yeah i was mostly surprised because in the KF1 public games i remember seeing a lot less of that stereotypical crap.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
give me character customization all day, just don't make them cost 7 bucks a piece, that's garbage

Randler posted:

IIRC there are one or two shooters that do not work with German accounts at all. Maybe those are swastika related though. :shrug:
sounds likely, first time in years i've ever seen this:

don't have the balls to activate it using a vpn on my 500+ games main account:smith:

tons of other crazy gruesome poo poo is completely uncensored or has freely giftable international versions though

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I'm so stoked for the carnage the demo grenadelaunchers will bring in this new engine you have no idea. The M32 equivalent is going to be jawdropping.

Guillermus posted:

The only thing I want is that they don't release weapon pack DLC's that are upgrades to vanilla ones. I'm fine with Counter Strike style skins and all that or changing the AA12 for a jackhammer.
Oh yeah, that's kind of the thing that would feel lovely. I'm fine with gold weapon versions or sidegrades because it doesn't make a difference and is just a way to throw tripwire a few extra bucks (like the deluxe version i bought).

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 26, 2015

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Geight posted:

I'm a page late but please don't actually nerf clots, that is the silliest complaint I've heard in this thread. The auto-focus on the clot that grabbed you changes getting grabbed from the mild inconvenience it was in KF1 to a potentially catastrophic event. For example, you're about to dance with a Scrake and you get grabbed mid-pulverizer swing. Letting clots get in close enough to grab you means somebody on your team is slacking and you are painfully unaware of your surroundings, and now there's a punishment for that.
As someone who's been grabbed by clots while fighting hans and immediately got nuked by stacked gas grenades, i agree. You can't afford to neglect the small fry now because it can completely wreck you in certain situations and i think thats a good, interesting change.

The one thing i really hate / suck too much to reliably avoid is if hans decides to do multiple 3-slash attacks in a row on me at a point where i don't have armor. You can't outrun it, you can't outheal it even with a medic right on top of you. I guess the solution is either to parry him or glitch out his pathfinding so he misses?

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 26, 2015

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
No, the crawlers feat is that they hard(er) to spot and hit and can jump around, theyre annoying enough without burrying you in a QTE of all things

if anything i'd want the enemies to be more unique instead of filling the same roles.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

dogstile posted:

In fact, let me replace my weapon butt with a power kick. gently caress it :black101:
They should totally give the martial artist class the BulletStorm slide-kick ability while they're at it

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Shumagorath posted:

Fleshpound HP needs to be brought down or there's a damage threshold mechanic that I don't understand. I emptied a full AA12 mag into one of their heads on Suicidal and it killed me despite shot pellets now being the majority of its skull contents by volume.
I mean, i get that that's frustrating, but unless you're playing solo i assume the idea is that even the AA12 can't solo them and you need at least 4-6 people heavily focusing fire, ideally with additional grenades.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Fina posted:

You should be able to parry Han's machine guns if you spam the parry key really quickly.
Just make the 11th perk MGR Raiden

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Skoll posted:

I think it's safe to say that since the game is in EA, ALL of the perks/skills could use a complete overhaul and reworking.
This is especially true considering there are still a lot more classes and associated perks to come, and those synergies will require a ton of balance/role tuning for existing perks. Which is probably when some XP resets might happen.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
That aggressive teleport behavior is pretty annoying and the worst reason to get killed. Does the game just break with kiting if that's not enabled or what?

Mexicat posted:

I'm already getting bored of KF2. They should be pushing out the other classes already.
Yeah it's been NINE full days now, this game is basically ancient by now, i can't believe people are still playing it.

I'm sure the devs are sitting on the full game and are just holding out on us. What else is tripwire hiding?

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 30, 2015

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Serious Frolicking posted:

Why go nuts with marathon sessions when the balance is kind of hosed and all progression will be wiped?
Well, ideally it would be because you really enjoy the actual core gameplay of shooting waves of zombies with your team. Not sure if that warrants "going nuts" and a "marathon".

Unless it's crippling OCD causing you to treat this game like an MMO or something? Cause incoming wipe or not, progression really doesn't matter that much.

Require More Fire posted:

KFgame.ini, and then look for MaxDeadBodies
To be specific, i think you need to alter the one in "Documents\my games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config" since it overrides the defaults in the game directory.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Athropos posted:

The game has the basics down but it's really starved for content until we get a few more perks and weapons and maps going.

Athropos posted:

Probably gonna stop playing this until we get more content. I don't play a whole lot anyways and just the ideas of losing all perk progress is kind of turning me off.

Athropos posted:

The base gameplay is solid and it can only get better from there once more content is added in.

Athropos posted:

Also is there any new content yet?

Athropos posted:

heres a horrible opinion, when is that game going to get updated with some content
Guys, i think hes trying to make a point but i just can't figure out what he wants. Guess we'll never know...

edit: oh never mind being subtle, this guy's just a real asshat period

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 4, 2015

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
There's nothing worse than getting a perfect medigrenade stack down to tank a double FP + scrakes and then have a siren nobody spotted/called out walk in and magic them away :stonklol:

Theta Zero posted:

Really nice but it has the same problem that I have with the other KF2 maps, it's not really gross and grimy like the KF1 maps.
I don't know, it's pretty magical to see a spotless room become a literal bloody mess over the course of a round. You make the gross and grimy-ness yourself!

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 6, 2015

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The "made me really upset" part of the quote is obviously silly, but people are already complaining about zerks or commandos falling out of the min-max optimization required(?) for suicidal or HoE, so with every new class-"perk" added or ability-"perk" re-balance that feeling is likely to ramp up as people figure that stuff out.

Not that i think some having some fun-classes around for lower difficulties is a tremendous problem, with this being a non-competitive coop game. That's basically how i played Demolition in KF1

"Solving" coop games for the one true class/loadout always just kinda makes them feel stale for me.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 6, 2015

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Oh yeah, dont get me wrong - i was actually agreeing with the intent behind the post in that a single class trivializing everything or rendering other classes superfluous would be unfortunate and i hope they balance to make varied playstyles viable. The re playability of the game heavily depends on it.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Don't maps usually start out as undetailed block versions to test the flow and layout and do the actual detailing and polishing much later after a bunch of playtests to see if there are just broken/horrible spots in the map? Wonder how feasible that approach is when you're mostly combining a set of fixed assets.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Azran posted:

I see people have set up some big player count servers, do Zeds scale for over 6 players? How many you get at the max number of players (32?) at wave 1? :allears:
If it works similar to the KF1 modded servers then yes, it continues to scale everything - spawncounts, enemy and boss health - linearly and that means like 500+ enemies per wave with a full server.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I'm just sad i can't be the grim reaper anymore, floating around corners to scare teammates when they least expect it.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Fina posted:

Game needs more female characters and more skin variations for everyone.

And Road Crew Worker, obviously.
:colbert:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I wouldn't mind if they dropped the xp system tomorrow, but they'd need to put some kind of specialization into its place.

Other than that (same as in KF1) there is mostly the illusion of progress as you basically just climb a damage ramp that gives you enough DPS to survive the harder difficulties. A normal game on LVL0 basically plays like a Suicidal on LVL 15-20, with some classes having one or more additional tasks. The changing enemy behavior is a welcome, actually significant addition that adds some distinction.

I'd like if there was a system to model the kind of dynamic challenges you get by attempting certain difficulties at certain levels but it didn't fracture the player-base into getting a "appropriate" play experience with their favorite class in one difficulty level.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Shumagorath posted:

Everything I found online involves Cheat Engine which is a big risk to someone's Steam account.
Can you source any bans for games without VAC? I've used CE (or other trainers based on it) for various singleplayer games and never had an issue.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I'm playing on Ultra for everything but occasionally when turning a corner to face a giant mass of enemies i notice some go through the UE mipmap loading. It's most noticeable on bloats, because they basically look like wet bowling pins for half a second.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
you joke, and I thought i'd get tired of the effect after a week but 200 hours in KF1 later i still enjoy it every time it happens.

also the matrix sequels never happened so bullettime will be cool forever

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I usually much prefer the sort of balancing that buffs the other classes or enemies in interesting ways instead of crushing whatever the favorite loadout is right now.

If they ever find out how good the AA12 is we're all doomed

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

If there were just a mode where you ran around with an unlimited clip fighting endless zombie trash mobs and popped zed time every time you killed one, I doubt I'd ever get tired of that.
Same

call it zen bloody sandbox mode or something

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Seems like an easy enough thing to grab while you roam around the map anyway, since you already have the dynamic trader locations to entice teams to move around a bit.

As long as it doesn't ruin rounds by having OCD clowns get themselves murdered by having to grab them all singlehandedly in one wave or something.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 28, 2015

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

splifyphus posted:

It looks very fake and doesn't blend in well at all with the existing gore system. Obscene clouds of organ parts flying everywhere will probably have an adverse effect on visibility too. If that's the final product I'll probably turn it off and just crank up the blood spatter in the ini.
It looks about as ridiculous over the top splatter nonsense as the gore already, which fits KF's tone perfectly for me.

hope it isn't a total performance killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

It's Friday. No update and no WWAUT. That's it. I'm killing myself
very reasonable, go all the way and make it a toxx