Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Tripwire have you considered talking to Overkill for some of that sweet cross promotion? I want to rob banks as Mr. Foster. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

StabMasterArson posted:

:v:
Dunno how it could look better without losing the cool modular design though

Make the scope colors different. Red for shotgun, green for smg, blue for pistol, yellow for rifle. That would help but it would gently caress with colorblind people, I think.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Make this a cheevo Tripwire

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Perestroika posted:

It's comparatively bad right now because no perk interacts with it, but in and of itself it seems like a decent weapon. Damage is somewhat low-ish, but it's fast and offers good reach on swings. Most importantly it's hella fun to go all Kill Bill on a bunch of clots and watch the bodyparts fly. Just using it for a while basically put the martial arts perk at the top of the list of things I'm looking forward to, it seems like it could be insanely fun and useful with a perk that profits from it.

I hope martial artist gets the fireaxe back, loved that thing.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Azran posted:

I've heard that there will be 10 perks in the final release of the game, that made me really upset. If Tripwire were to add new perks, just 1 or maximum of 2. 10 perks would be really confusing. they way I play killing floor is, that I see what perks the players have and what perk is required, for example: I see 2 commandos, 1 sharpshooter , 1 firebug, one demolitions dude, so I need to be the medic. that's how I usually play KF. but having 10 perks I believe would turn this game into some RPG'ish game tbh. 10 perks would be really abnormal to have in KF2.

What do you guys think? is 10 perks a good idea?

It's like TF2. you got attack / defense / support.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Azran posted:

No one saw the thing in the spoiler :( Next time I won't even provide the source!

Enough people has crossposted terrible ideas they've posted on the forums that i can't even tell anymore :smith:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'd give commando a fast weapon switch, if they don't already have one.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's a real bummer. I'm glad I was waiting until they added sharpshooters. :(

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

KF2 is pretty bad now, jesus.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jun 12, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

I mean, there's a pretty simple way of fixing them, in the abstract: instead of punishing players for having the wrong type of gun, reward them for having the right type. Make it so that if a zed resists a certain type of damage, it takes 80-90% of the damage it took before, and if it's weak to a damage type, it takes 125-150% of the base amount instead.

Then, simplify damage types into melee/bullet/fire/explosive (add shotguns as a fifth if you want), and make sure that each damage type is weak/strong against no more than a couple of enemies each. Then, be incredibly open about which enemy fits in which category for each gun - put it on loading screens, in an in-game codex and on the store page for each gun in the block of stats, so that players never have to remember the information or consult an external source for it, and can just look ingame.

It would end up as a codification and extension of what was there before with husk fire resistance and scrake explosive resistance, which is good, while also not being unfun and punishing for players.

Are you saying you know better than our internal playtesters you son of a bitch!!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Is the Winchester still in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Just saw that and was going to message him but apparently he got there first. Sucks that he had to go actually post and explain how he can be a grumpy old man here. Hopefully he doesn't get any blowback

E. I'm kind of confused how a random non-goon could even find him here, unless it's some hard core lurker

The forums aren't currently closed and it's really obvious that he's a staff member just going by posts in the thread; if you read the thread you can figure it out.

It does suck. Does tripwire have any community management dudes at all?