Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Ruggington posted:

I think it should be down to earth, but totally off the wall

and we should win things by playing

You posters don't know what you want. That's why you're still goons, ' cause you're stupid! Just tell me what's wrong with the freakin' game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I'm sure the devs are aware, but that weird medic healing dart bug is back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du4ck2bp72Q

New maps are great, new flatter UI is great, patriarch is FANTASTIC. In fact, people are now just straight up leaving matches when Hanz spawns because they'd much rather fight the patriarch.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Kikas posted:

I can tell you that, as a level 15 Medic on Hard I've had a hard time keeping everyone alive. Armament does gently caress all now, I resorted to using the other one and I never noticed that it gives you a 60% discount on armor aside from spawning with it :v: But the way it is people are dying left and right, and the medic dart glitch doesn't help when I try to score a sweet 180 no lock on someone getting pounded by a FP in Zed Time and the thing leaves my gun at 90 degrees angle.

I have a level 22 medic and I agree with this. If anything, the balance pass made medic SIGNIFICANTLY less fun because not only am I forced to take the armor mending perks because the other choices still suck rear end, but I have to micromanage my weapons far more to get people to max armor. This nerf just made the problem worse. Healing back 5 armor a shot just means I have to shoot more darts that doesn't track players who are constantly in motion. Instead of increasing the skillcap of players to keep themselves alive, you instead greatly increased the skillcap of medics to the point where playing medic is a tiresome chore. I still have to get players to max armor to survive an encounter, TWI just made it more difficult and demanding to do. This is not fun or good balancing.

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 4, 2015

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

ZearothK posted:

Dude, Hans calls out when he's going to the "I am going to kill you" combo, he literally shouts "Time to die!" and looks at the target. Just switch to the knife and start running/blocking and you will survive it even if as an unarmored character.

I've been killed by Hanz in some incredible ways, most of which make what you're suggesting impossible. I think the best one was last night on hard where he went invincible*, threw out smoke grenades, tried to grab someone and then failed, then lunged after me and killed me in three strikes that did 50 damage each. This all happened over about 4 seconds.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

It sounds like someone rapping their knuckles on a hardwood table.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Farmhouse would be a great map for support if welding wasn't completely useless.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

moot the hopple posted:

Bug report:

The fill grenades button doesn't work when you don't have the full 200 cash; it takes away the money but doesn't give you grenades, and as soon as you back out of the trader you get your money back.

Okay whew, I thought this is what happened to me last night but I wasn't sure. Weird bug.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

She Bangs the Drums posted:

Bring back Party Hans.

Do this instead.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Found another dumb bug about welded doors freaking out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtzrVoEPy2M

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Demo should get a rechargeable ECD that causes zeds to explode after split second. Kind of like Acidic Compound except not complete poo poo.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

LuciferMorningstar posted:

"Decidedly lacking" suggests (to me, at least), that it's going to take more than 3 more classes and a couple more maps to turn the tide on that one. What exactly does "more game" mean?

They probably wanted a single player campaign, base building, Free-2-play daily events, challenge modes, raids, PVP, stats on armor, and a central questline that somehow involves the nerevarine.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I think you're all missing the important thing that Tripwire got a new logo.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

The dumb thing about Hanz is that if you can outrun his melee then you can beat him. Medic, gunslinger, and berserker trivialize everything about Hanz on every difficulty as long as you know how to get him confused on geometry (doors, handrails, waist-high cover, etc) and kite reasonably well. If you cannot outrun his melee - ie every class except those written above - then GG, you stole fizzy lifting drinks and get nothing. Now, I'm not advocating for the ability to solo Hanz as every class, but it shouldn't be so loving black & white that a simple movespeed bonus is your only hope of success.

Also I realized last night that one of the most fun things about killing the Patty is all the adds that he spawns when he goes and heals. This is a horde based game! Why isn't Hanz a horde based boss? I mean, Hanz is a p spidery looking dude, make him spawn a FUCKLOAD of crawlers and lower his damage to compensate or something other than the status quo of "Talk poo poo, Get Hit," - Hanz Volter, 2015.

Edit: Farmhouse exploit is still alive and well. You can actually see it in the map editor, there is a little dip in the geometry next to the cellar entrance and the pathing nodes can't quite reach it. Just put a box there or something easy and it'll be fixed. I had fun last night playing in it because scrakes have a longer reach than most zeds so they try to attack you but end up chainsawing the air above your head and looking silly.

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 17, 2015

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I fuckin' love crawlers and y'all will not disuade me.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Wait wait wait. You guys are way overthinking it when the solution has been in front of you the entire time. Ready?

Two words.

More crawlers.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

She Bangs the Drums posted:

Just scored a German Gas Mask from a Horzine crate.
I've been pretty lucky with crates and USBs so far.
a couple of mint skins and now this.
I hope it holds it value for a week. because it currently goes between $10-$30.

Yeah, I've almost made back what I paid for this game with the zedconomy. I guess whales really want slightly differently textured medic weapons!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

This game really needs a L4D-style spitter Zed. Something that forces players to move from their chosen camping area.

Han's gas grenades would be perfect if they weren't limited to the boss fight.

That niche is filled by the Husk - especially with his flamethrower in higher difficulties - in theory, but Husks are so easy to pick out of a crowd and eliminate because they are so tall and weak. I kind of wish they had a less accurate shot, but a significantly shorter readying period so they'd be a threat to more than just the berserker.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Alteisen posted:

whens the sexy siren dlc

That's been in since launch :getin:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

If we're throwing out bucket list fixes then I submit that Support perk penetration should - at a certain point - penetrate the metal armor on Zeds. Unloading a doubleshotgun blast into a Siren's "face" and having almost all of the pellets rocket off in all directions is annoying as hell.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Hotline Miami 2 is an astoundingly good game with divisive level design and a slew of technical problems carried forward from the first game that should have been fixed during development. It could've used a few more months in the oven. Pee pee doo doo, your enjoyment of the game depends on how much the above bothers you.

Kind of like Killing Floor 2!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Skoll posted:

I like this, thanks!

In return, here is something from my own KF playlist :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYTb1JknzhM

Same vein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpDn4-Na5co
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjrKrvF7JDA

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Skoll posted:

I have all of Lazerhawk's stuff, he's pretty brilliant. You should check out some Perturbator.

Waaaaayyy ahead of you lol

Good music all around

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Haha I had FactsAreUseless remove the almost one year old Early Access note and I guess he reset editorialized the thread tag. I'll PM him again.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

All-around good patch. The people screaming RIP Zerker probably waste loaded shots on clots because they have practically infinite money after wave 4 on Suicidal. Or normal. They probably just play normal.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Alteisen posted:

Not sure what infinite money has to do with anything when you can't buy ammo mid wave, the issue is that 20 shots on suicidal or HoE means you will run out of ammo before the wave ends even if you're stingy, it also means you won't be using it on big groups or even quickly take out a siren because that one ammo you just used might be better served on something else, that also exposes you to bigger risk since instead of taking out a tightly clumped group you might decide to just fight them individually to save ammo.

On normal you won't run out of ammo even with 20 shots, to be honest this feels more like a balance done with PvP in mind and if that's the case this game is hosed, you gotta keep those balance changes separate.

At this point the zwei is a better option on those difficulties.

None of this is a downside and PVP would be balanced differently since they have that capability. You're thinking about the Zweihander for the first time in probably months and now there is room for weighing the pros and cons of weapons depending on the wave and what you could possibly have difficulties with based on the team composition (or whatever) instead of grabbing the hammer and being set for the rest of the game.

The eviscerator change is a little strange but it might have to do with the ammo being retrievable? I don't know. #MaketheEvisceratorGreatAgain

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I never expected to see someone melt down in the killing floor thread and over 20 pulverizer ammo out of all things jesus loving christ :lol:

I really feel like they need to change how the Zweihander works because it's not discoverable. Whenever it says "blahblahblah is sharing content" I would be mystified if I didn't already know what it is in the heat of a battle or in the middle of a wave. I don't believe there is any readily available information in the game that points you towards Chivalry of all things as a source of in-game weapons. It's just...strange, and unfriendly, and oddly punishing in a way that the game typically isn't. It is a neat "early access" type experiment but I feel like it should probably be discarded before launch.

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 11, 2016

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I've spent maybe 20 and made about 150 so the system works for me.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

DatonKallandor posted:

The number 1 thing that the Doom devs understood that bad FPS devs don't is that enemy attacks need to be avoidable. Are they ranged attacks? They shouldn't be hitscan (and if they are hit-scan they need to be trivial damage or very telegraphed and easily avoided). Are they extremely high damage attacks (yes, even melee)? They need to be announced and extra-dodgable - they should never be on a platform that moves faster than the player - because that's stupid, see also Hans. It's ok for the player to have hitscan gently caress-you-over attacks, but not for the enemies.

The Husks are a good example of a well designed enemy. Ranged, very damaging - projectile with travel time and distinct sound and visual for the charge-up.

To add to this point, husks have fantastic risk/reward built into them because as a support I can risk running up to their face (or backpack) with a double-shotty and oneshotting them with the knowledge that I could miss or deal 99% damage and leave them to suicide which could very well kill me. Husks are great design from top to bottom.

It's incredible how married Tripwire is to Hans. We gave his 25% damage reduction on hard a shot, we gave rebalancing his machine gun and gas grenades (which now do almost zero damage for some reason) a shot. These small fixes don't address the fundamental issues with his miserable design.

Plan Z posted:

Overall, he's got that Deus Ex: Invisible War feeling of bosses being designed by people who aren't in the same main team. He just feels so out of place when Patriarch feels so natural to the game and mechanics. I would honestly play the game much more than I do if he wasn't in it.

Forgive me if I'm misremembering, but I think Human Revolution was the DE with shopped out bosses.

Edit 2: Oh my god give Demo a weapon like the Typhoon.

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 19, 2016

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I fought against Hans on a low gravity server and all of his knockbacks being what felt like 500% more effective was the most fun I've ever had against him.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

To me the fundamental choice between Larger Explosions and More Single Target Damage is just so lovely and unrewarding. Both of them are essentially arguments on ammo efficiency and, once somebody puzzles out the math, one will always be better. It reminds me of old World of Warcraft talents that I'm sure some dev team spent months agonizing over only to have some 12 year old toss through excel and go "pick that one, always." It's uncreative design and it shows immediately. The only good & interesting thing I see in that list is the launcher being T2 which is literally what it was in Killing Floor 1 so I guess good job spending like two years reinventing that wheel.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

No don't touch support we are perfect where we are with the flashlight and ammo changes. If we get movement speed I bet we'd lose...uh... welding?

I changed my mind, Tripwire please replace our worthless welding bonus with movement speed tia :)

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Just doing the favor of pointing out for everyone which of these are ever worth picking.

I was thinking the same thing. Big ol' list of non-choices with a clear winner on each tier.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

We'll have to test and see how the crossbow stun has changed because remember that this update adds the cumulative stun mechanic so it might not be too noticeable. I do still think the crossbow is a little OP in the hands of medics.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Does anyone have a picture of the new boss health bar? Idiots on reddit are up in arms (RIP commando!!!!!) and I want to see what it looks like. I honestly don't know how it could possibly be a bad feature.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

What's AOE falloff? Does that mean the radius is tighter or something?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

The thing about resistances is that if you need to point your patch notes towards a wiki to adequately explain a system for players then you have fundamentally failed basic principles of gameplay discoverability. This is like when MMORPGs had "arcane resistance" or "fire resistance" qualities on bosses rendering entire classes useless, only instead of a vaguely obvious fire guy being resistant to fire you have a small karate chick being resistant to shotguns because your garbage rock, paper, scissors balancing system said so :derp:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

No one can seem to break the Hans bubble before he drains, but are now encouraged to shoot him anyway. Practical effect: Hans soaks even more damage (and more importantly, more ammo). Then he has more overall health to "compensate."

I've had pretty great success against Hans on Normal and Hard just running up to him as soon as he grabs someone and shooting him with an RPG or railgun. Last handful of games we've killed him without a single heal. And by handful I mean we played like 10ish games and got Hans 9 of those times because gently caress my luck I guess. I like the new Hans! There aren't even servers with good ping on suicidal/HOE to test that stuff.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I like that Stalkers have an effective 300 health against shotgun damage.

This is actually just an extremely progressive form of feminism.

Questioner: the latest patch made the average ttk all fuckity and unfun. Speaking of stalkers, 6-person normal I shot a M203-whatever into a batch of 4 stalkers and only one stalker died. The other three were knocked on their butts from the explosion. My demo is level 17. There's something wrong there.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

The thing that drives me batty is that there seems to be two teams at Tripwire: one that adds user accessibility features like boss health bars and class icons that can be seen through walls and one that adds insanely obfuscated garbage like resistances. These teams don't speak to each other.

Please don't take this as a hint to remove boss health bars, they are fun and good. Also it feels like Hans spawns a lot more Zeds when he's healing. Like...3 times as many. This is also fun and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I played a few games as Demo on Suicidal and my game plan very quickly turned into waiting for scrakes and FPs to show up and then murdering them. M79 and RPG do nothing against trash and there is a good chance your RPG will hit a stalker and fizzle anyway.

Support feels extremely weak, but so does everyone so meh.