Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I've mostly played the Demo in Suicidal in the current beta and I feel the class is in a good place. The M16/M203 does feel underwhelming (specially with the large number of SWAT players wiping trash that gets close), so I've favoured using the Grenade Launcher with the RPG, which works nicely on the amount of zeds that spawn on Suicidal, with the ammo the class has at present you can afford to constantly use your weapons on anything you see and still make it to the end of the round. It also feels like the easiest class to top a match kill/damage count with, at least for me, but I admit I am a relatively lousy shot.

Scrakes, even on wave 2, are a lot easier to deal with now that they don't enrage automatically, as long as you have room to maneuver (and you should, specially in the early waves when numbers are below overwhelming) you can leave them for when the whole group can focus fire the bastard. Well, at least if an Alpha Clot doesn't enrage him, if that happens, well, a player or two will probably die. I am enjoying the difficulty at the present.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I sure am glad I played the hell of a lot out of the Firebug when it felt awesome to roll one.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Skoll posted:

That would probably give me the drive to finish leveling SWAT.

I don't get it, I played KF 1 for YEARS with max leveled perks.. KF 2 and I'm just, "Eh, this isn't really fun.".

I am going to throw a guess that the six years of getting older between KF1 and KF2 has reduced your toleration for grind in videogames, like it does for most people.

I am going to use this conversation to confess that I used SAM to gain levels in KF1 after a while, because levelling up in that game was a huge amount of bullshit even then.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

drrockso20 posted:

That's dumb, if you're going to balance a game it should be balanced around either Normal or Hard

I feel they should set Hard to be default difficulty, putting training wheels on Normal - given that is where people should start -, make the game harder for Suicidal and then going all gently caress YOU on Hell on Earth.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Coolguye posted:

i worked with a guy named stephen butts at my last job

i never had the nerve to ask him why he doesn't just change his goddamn name. like, seriously, just go and officially change it to stephen smith or some bullshit and stop having every single person you talk to giggle at your name.

Maybe he got off with it.

Survivalist seems pretty lousy, specially when compared to a tentative Martial Artist (dead from trying to figure out what to do with Zerker) or whatever could put the Electric weapon category to use. It is pretty disappointing for KF2 to come out of Early Access with a "meh" class and the Gore-Twin as the final update, but if TripWire has had to let people go I can see why that would be the case.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

It has been stated in one the earlier streams in Early Access that there will be no reset.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Is this game worth getting? I'm getting the impression it's kind of a trainwreck.

It is not really a trainwreck, we are just jaded from having played it in Early Access since April 2015, and there were some tortuous turns around the way. It is definitely a really fun coop shooter.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Gee, look at this guy reminding us that this game is launching without the only character that matters.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

pnutz posted:

is it wrong that I always played baddest santa?

No, Santa and the two Chicken costumes were the canon survivors of KF1.

Edit: Harry Enfield too.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 16, 2016

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Skoll posted:

We're going to have people arguing/bitching about balance on different systems and no ones gonna know what's going on and it just may be glorious.

This.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Welcome home KF2, you're a beautiful monster, but I will forever miss the original Firebug.

Though I liked the original trailer more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6C2czPIV3A

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I remember you could use a bug in the original mod to get to the top of the gate in the back of the police station in West London and just stay there out of reach of the zeds. Good times.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I liked when I could left click the Microwave Gun and just march through thrash while the screen became nothing more than burnt out gore and blood.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

So, there's a new beta out. Adding a new map, Mace and Shield, the Two-Bladed Gorefast and assigning weapons to multiple perks. Most importantly...

Balance Changes:
Caulk N’ Burn
Damage increased 50%
Splash damage radius decreased 25%

Incendiary Shotgun
Damage increased 60%
Fire rate increased 10%
Spread increased 60%
Ammo capacity increased by 12 rounds
Ammo cost increased 10%

Flamethrower
Damage increased 50%
Splash damage radius decreased 25%

Microwave Gun
Added ability to burn zeds from splash damage

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Killed the Patriarch on Suicidal as a LV10 Firebug in about... 4 seconds? By firing a Microwave Gun at his feet with Ground Fire :stare:

Wait, the splash damage bug is back and better than ever?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Alteisen posted:

YOU CAN PARRY THE CHAINGUN BULLETS WITH THE MACE AND SHIELD :psyduck:

Glad to know I can transfer that reflex from Vermintide.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The AK is cheaper and you are supporting the Motherland's industry.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Stanley Pain posted:

What? Did I miss something recently? What is this awesome sounding thing?

Weapons are now associated with multiple perks, so Support applies his bonuses and gains experience with the Medic Shotgun, for example.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I liked Descent, plays exactly like I expected it to, with a variety of arenas until the final round. It is a bit annoying that when fighting the Patriarch he retreats to a part of the map inacessible to players in order to heal, but we still capped his fleeing rear end.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

By the way, you can grab Chivalry for free today. Relevant for this thread because it unlocks the larper character and the Zweihander weapon, and is also a pretty sweet game.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Theta Zero posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/646672845014781006

WWAUT just saying "hey we're makin' stuff."

The bolded letters in the update spells "are you ready for a game?"

Tripwire posted:

L krsh wklv phvvdjh pdnhv lw rxw! Kruclqh lv xs wr qr jrrg dqg wkh zruog qhhgv wr nqrz! Zlwk dqb oxfn brx'oo ghflskhu wklv dqg ilqg wkh foxhv L'oo eh ohdylqj. Brx duh wkh rqob krsh zh kdyh wr vwrs wklv ehiruh lw lv wrr odwh! lxusglxoktj/znkyzgxz.vtm

It's ROT-23.

"I hope this message makes it out! Horzine is up to no good and the world needs to know! With any luck you'll decipher this and find the clues I'll be leaving. You are the only hope we have to stop this before it is too late!"

The last part is in ROT-20 and has fromafriend/thestart.png. If you put it on the Tripwire site you will be redirected to ""

I miss when everything was ARGs, honest.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I like the new map, haven't touched the new guns yet. There are some activities to do during the summer sale to get a summershow hazmat suit (beat the map on hard or above, power up the machines, then go to the tents drop some dosh and do the things there), but they're all pretty easy, nothing nightmarish like in the old days. They function like hidden achievements, probably to prevent people from just SAM'ing for the thing.

As for the traps, the group I was in just hung around the carousel, but it was still pretty fun to watch zeds getting tossed around by the thing, specially a charging Fleshpound getting knocked on his rear end.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Nah, the loot is just accessories, clothes and weapon skins.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Propaganda Hour posted:

Looks like the next weekly adds Fleshpound variants:

Quarterpound, fleshpound, and a new boss: King fleshpound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zff2VAA7-EM

Okay, the laser got me by surprise.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Revolver Bunker posted:

I wish the knife could heal so I can just stab people to full health as a medic.

I didn't, but now I do.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I believe the weeklies will actually be on rotation for the foreseeable lifetime of the game.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hot drat, I wasn't expecting the King Fleshpound. I hope someone at Tripwire decides to add him to the boss mix down the line.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Skoll posted:

Didn't they already do Boom?

Yeah, they should be rotating.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Collapsiiiing in on yourself, I don't know whyyyyyyyy!

That's the theme song for Killing Floor as far as I care.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jul 27, 2017

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

QwertySanchez posted:

Oh boy oh boy!

Guess who's back?!

:haw:

coming soon and you gotta pay for him but eehh. I might, I need chickenator in my life.

gently caress me, buying dress up DLC for a videogame for the first time in my life.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Takes No Damage posted:

Were you not around for KF1? It was some pretty sweet times for the first couple of years. I think the original Commando Chicken was from an achievement, but later on there was a Cyborg version that cost dosh.

Fam, I've been here since the UT2k4 mod and I bled for the original Commando Chicken. Now I'll bleed Do$h for it if it's what it takes.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I bought all of TW: Attila DLC and most TW: Warhammer DLC by selling nazi hats from KF2, so my opinion is it is good.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Tripwire put up a Survey for the first update of the next year. Vote for the Fireax because I just realized that weapon has been missing from the UT2k4 mod and now the hole left by it is all I can see in the armory.

Oh, also preview of the Survivalist Freeze Gun and the MP5 coming at the end of the year update, I guess?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

720 megs. I think that's the largest download I've ever had for a map in a shooter game.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Great, Matriarch coming in with skull nipple piercings and all.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Beta is live.

Pulverizer is now a cross-perk Demolitionist weapon. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The vault crates are completely removed from the economy at least.