Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Enjoy my :10bux:, Tripwire. Deluxe Edition purchased, got my PC at home downloading. Can't wait to get in and do this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

RoadCrewWorker posted:

About to jump in for the deluxe version, but i need to know if there's some incredibly castrated German version that i'm secretly getting/going to have forced on me once further patches roll out by just going through the regular store page, because if so i'll definitely wait for someone to gift me the international version instead so i'm in the clear.

Can a dev outline what's going to happen or is that already stated somewhere?

I believe it was mentioned on the last page or two that they're not entirely sure what's going to happen but it's likely if you live in Germany or Australia that you're going to get toned-down version once the full launch happens.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
So far I'm enjoying the game, especially all the little changes. Playing dress-up with the characters is fun too.

I'm Luchadork_SA, by the way. I really need to shell out the :10bux: here to update my name.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Blazing Zero posted:

we broke dreamship's server by stacking dosh on the bridge map's fountain :shobon:

Yes we did and NO REGRETS

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
So some thoughts on the game after a few hours playing last night:

First of all, I'm really impressed at how smooth it runs. My PC isn't anything special; it's a i5 3570-or-something, about 3.4GHz. 8gb of ram, GTX660. I'm running KF2 at Ultra and really only experiencing minor FPS loss during the really crazy moments in the game. So good job on that part.

Really finding Medic to be fun to play. I'm not nuts about the medic pistol and rifle, but the shottie and SMG are a blast. Also I like that I feel like I'm directly contributing to the effort with my heals. :unsmith:

There's a lot of silly tweaks and changes that add a lot. Each character having their own personality, voice, and customizations is fun.

Shima Honnou posted:

I have noticed that the game really, really likes doing "Oh, you're running from that position? Well look out because here comes [some big monster such as a fleshpound] rounding the corner/doorway you're coming up on!"

And this. I noticed this a lot too.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Zephro posted:

Is KF1-like hilariously atrocious Dick Van Dyke style "British" slang a voicepack option? Please say yes.

Unfortunately no, but the characters do still have some fun lines.

Speaking of the characters I'm reading through the art book and the story is that the characters in KF2 are now working directly for Horzine, chosen as sort-of Zed Bounty Hunters because Horzine figured, "gently caress it you guys survived the events of KF1, here's some Horzine-supplied weaponry, go kill poo poo for us". I kind of dig that sort of continuity especially since it established that Reverend Al is a badass.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Oh, and another really rad thing I noticed while playing last night was how there's all these points where zeds can come from and they're fully animated while doing so; we were fortifying a room for a wave and there were suddenly zeds in there, and I found that they were crawling out of a loving ceiling vent. Later on Paris I found them crawling up out of a manhole. Really neat touch.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Meow Tse-tung posted:

Commando chicken better have survived.

Chicken Commando could end up being just an alt costume or accessory set for someone. DJ Scully has a outfit set called "retro" that is essentially Mike Noble's costume from KF1. Commando Chicken Mr. Foster would be something else.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
A little off-topic but what the stigma to EA games? I don't think I've ever bought a game during it's EA cycle before KF2. Is it just a matter of a lot of games paying for extraordinary buggy betas and/or never leaving beta?

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Sometime about the Cyst animations kept reminding me of something I'd seen elsewhere. I finally figured it out.

Venture clone slugs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhZjQwHJFJY

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
So Goon Floor 2 and Goon Squad aren't showing up on the in-game server list but they do show in the Steam server list. They're both joinable, so not sure why the in-game server browser isn't picking them up.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
I got into KF kind of late into it's life cycle and I primarily played Normal/Hard casually with the same group of friends and so I'm probably just really bad at the game, but: I feel like KF2 is significantly harder, especially the way it dumps Scrakes and FPs on you on later waves, and the aforemention tendency to teleport them right around the corner from you.

So far every group I've played with on Hard has wiped on wave 7 or 8, where you end up getting up to 3 Scrakes at once along with a FP or two. It seems really brutal. I can't even imagine how rough HoE must be.

Luchadork fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 24, 2015

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
The game has developed a weird issue for me where when I hit my button for Voice it ducks all the game sound and music down and doesn't come back up proper until I restart. This just started today. Any ideas?

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Ignoranus posted:

Just gamely joined the Goon Floor 2 server and immediately got murdered because it was on Suicidal. I feel like a real pub over here; A+ satisfying experience. Will return with more XP and the ability perhaps to not get shredded.

How do I favorite a server, by the way? I can't seem to find the option.

If you open up the server info pane there's a star in the bottom corner. Click that to fave the server.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
So I was on that 128-man server last night (which is hilarious, btw) and I saw someone with a Mr. Foster skin that had the Dosh symbol on his mask and DOSH written on his jacket. Is that a dev skin or something?

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Any time I've seen a team be able to focus all their attention/firepower on one or two Scrakes or FPs, the target has gone down really loving fast. The problem usually comes in the form of 3+ Scrakes/FPs PLUS trash mobs. Which really seems about right; clear out the trash and then focus on the big fuckers.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

khy posted:

No goon server? I looked in PGS and saw nothing.

There are ~Goon Floor 2~ and ~Goon Squad~

Husk realizes he's made a poor life choice.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Skoll posted:

Guys, Akumos was thinking about taking Goon Floor 2 down until more content is added to the game. Are you guys down with this or do you want us to keep it up? As it is now, we made it public because hardly any goons came to play on it so it'd be a waste of money to keep it running for pubbies.

We'd appreciate any feedback, i.e. if you want it to stay up, if you want it to go back on Hard, etc.

I played on it when it was on Hard but I haven't gone on since it bumped up to Suicidal/HoE. I haven't had time to level up any classes particularly high yet so the higher difficulties are more stress and frustration than they are fun.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
You know the door on Outpost that's near the shooting range and leads out to that long path that goes all the way down to the Cafeteria door and the ramp to the garage? Yeah, I had one Bloat follow me out that shooting range door and by the time I got to the cafeteria door he was already in front of me. Fuckers love to teleport.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Make the welder a weapon. Let me weld zed faces together to make even grosser zeds.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

DeusExMachinima posted:

Remind me what's the .ini for more dead bodies?

KFgame.ini, and then look for MaxDeadBodies

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Has anything come out regarding what maps might be (officially) back for KF2? Farm, Wyre, and Bedlam would all be cool.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Questioner86 posted:

Preview of our first early access content update for KF2, Manor.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/231151632201345579

We know people are hungry for info on what we're working on so here's your first taste.

:dance:

Manor was the first map I ended up on after buying KF1 on a whim.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Is there any way to start a map with no enemy spawns? I'd love to just wander around the mansion and sight-see.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Section Z posted:

I was just wondering this myself. I suppose you could also play normal and pretend the last few clots are tour guides if need be.

Yeah I just tried this and the game's "LOL TELEPORTING CLOTS" thing makes it a very rushed tour. Still the map looks great and there's some serious storytelling going on in some of the rooms.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Insert name here posted:

Open up a solo game, type "enablecheats" into the console, then after you spawn in type "spawnzed clot" then clean up the wave. As long as you don't kill the clot you spawned in (which won't have AI so he just stands there) the wave won't end and you can run around and explore forever.

Rad, thanks!

EDIT: So like everything is destructible and there's some neat physics effects, particularly that the lanterns the children hold out in the garden will swing when hit. Also there was this

Luchadork fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 27, 2015

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
The mansion definitely feels like the biggest map so far. The basement in particular is really disorienting at first. I didn't even know it had an exit into the garden until I stumbled on it running around outside. I also love the way the mansion proper has kind of a old but foreboding feel to it and then once you end up in the basement it's all :catstare:

There's a room down there with charts and plans for Gorefasts, and a forge to make their arm blades. That's super neato.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Is it still a thing that you run faster with your knife out?

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Well then I must look silly.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
I do not see the appeal of Skrakes on a Plane. :saddowns:

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Psion posted:

also why do so many people spell scrakes with a sk when it's clearly Scrake?

Mortal Kombat flashback, sorry.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Section Z posted:

How did he afford an AK at wave 2? "I accidentally gave you all of my money"

That and baby's first reaction to Fleshpounds :allears:

When they get to that wave and there's only two zeds left, I was thinking it would be great if it were a FP and a Scrake. And then it was. :allears:

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
I'm super enjoying Firebug. I loved it in the first game but it's such a great trash clearer now.

What the story with FPs and Scrakes re: fire, are they especially weak to it or no? I'm not sure how to handle them as a FB yet, other than :flame:

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
The one thing I don't like about the leveling system is that it really discourages trying out different classes sometimes, particularly if you want to play with a certain party. KF relies so much on teamwork and each member pulling their weight, and having a level 5 medic trying to keep up with a level 10+ team on a Hard server isn't much fun. Neither is playing the same class all the time because that's your highest level class and everyone is playing on Suicidal and whelp guess I have to play Firebug forever.

I have no idea what the solution is but that's my gripe.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Speaking of the perk leveling server, I snuck into one last night to quickly test the Nvidia Flex settings or whatever they're called. While I can't run them well enough to leave them on, I now wish I could because holy poo poo the level of gore that it adds.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Stanley Pain posted:

See if bumping down Ambient Occlusion (or turning it off) along side turning off Reflections lets you play with it. I found that even with Dual 970s in SLI + max settings @ 1440p required a bit of tweaking to run well. The newest drivers have also helped a lot since they specifically target KF2 + GOREFEST 9000 :D

I'll give that a shot, plus I do need to install the new drivers so that may help.

Entrails springing out of a popped Bloat is incredibly entertaining.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Some screenshots from a goon game last night, showing off the Nvidia Flex stuff as requested:

I'm not cleaning this mess up, gently caress all y'all.

Little bit of Bloat on the ceiling, guys

I think I get why Hans is pissed at us.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
The new proper KF2 victory celebration is for everyone to piss all their dosh onto whatever is left of Hans. Anyone who tries to pick it up should be shot on sight.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
It's the "I'm on fire" screaming that bugs me the most, especially Rev. Al's. Shut up, I know I'm on fire, goddamn I am going to do the zeds a favor and just put a bullet in my own head to shut me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Next update needs:

KF-Farm remake
Return of the Original Trader Lady
More hats

Get to work, Tripwire

StabMasterArson posted:

The phys X blood n gore looks insane, I wish I could use it :smith:

It's amazing. Last night I found out that if you keep shooting bodies they break down into gibs and the gibs have jigglebone effects or w/e you call it. Between that and the entrails it can turn a tight corridor into a goddamn meat grinder.