Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Elysiume posted:

Is there any good mechanism to run with goons? The group chat has been empty whenever I checked.

Join the KF2 steamgroup, add goons, bug them to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
Has anyone had a problem where one or more of their classes constantly reverts to 0XP? As far as I can tell I'm not playing on any screwy servers and all my other classes seem fine, but for some reason I went from commando level 2 to level 0. Any experience I gain in matches, even when I make a level (or two if on hard) just vanishes into the ether once I get out of game. It kinda really sucks :(

If it matters, I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game with no change.

Chachi fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 28, 2015

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Elysiume posted:

Is there any good mechanism to run with goons? The group chat has been empty whenever I checked.

Add me on steam.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
It's fun playing Zerk in pubs and being the only reason why your team isn't wiping to Scrakes and Fleshpounds. :v:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Inside Out Mom posted:

Add me on steam.
Added

I found it difficult to get used to non-hitscan weapons (coming from CS:GO). It clicked eventually

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

closeted republican posted:

It's fun playing Zerk in pubs and being the only reason why your team isn't wiping to Scrakes and Fleshpounds. :v:

Recently picked up the game. Do you have to parry at a certain timing, or does just blocking work?

But, otherwise yeah, Zerk is fun as gently caress. I usually end up accidentally leaving my team behind because you end up being very autonomous as a berserker. Been getting the top kills, dosh, headshots, and damage in pubs for the past week.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Elysiume posted:

Added

I found it difficult to get used to non-hitscan weapons (coming from CS:GO). It clicked eventually

I swear the weapons are either hitscan or so fast they might as well be outside of zed time. In zed time, I'm almost certain your bullets are slower (as in, relative to speed of the game).

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

pulp rag posted:

Recently picked up the game. Do you have to parry at a certain timing, or does just blocking work?

But, otherwise yeah, Zerk is fun as gently caress. I usually end up accidentally leaving my team behind because you end up being very autonomous as a berserker. Been getting the top kills, dosh, headshots, and damage in pubs for the past week.

Big enemies getting unparryable heavy attacks in their attack strings as well as the aggro changes made parrying less effective in the current meta. I currently find it more useful to just go ham on them with heavy attacks to the head and hope that Smash procs and knocks them prone while relying on innate damage resistance and medic healing to keep me alive. I think it's an understandable change from being able to parrying everything because they probably don't want berserkers to be able to solo everything. But it does push parrying to the back of the arsenal when you know it won't work half the time because a zed randomly turns glowy so simply holding block or attacking is straight up more effective. Which is a shame because parrying feels so much more intuitive and responsive with the new feedback animation they've implemented.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.

Elysiume posted:

Added

You really want to get used to what killing floor is all about lose the crosshair.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Theta Zero posted:

I swear the weapons are either hitscan or so fast they might as well be outside of zed time. In zed time, I'm almost certain your bullets are slower (as in, relative to speed of the game).

You're actually right. Bullet weapons are hitscan when outside zedtime and they slow for dramatic effect during zed time.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

moot the hopple posted:

Big enemies getting unparryable heavy attacks in their attack strings as well as the aggro changes made parrying less effective in the current meta. I currently find it more useful to just go ham on them with heavy attacks to the head and hope that Smash procs and knocks them prone while relying on innate damage resistance and medic healing to keep me alive. I think it's an understandable change from being able to parrying everything because they probably don't want berserkers to be able to solo everything. But it does push parrying to the back of the arsenal when you know it won't work half the time because a zed randomly turns glowy so simply holding block or attacking is straight up more effective. Which is a shame because parrying feels so much more intuitive and responsive with the new feedback animation they've implemented.

That's what I've been doing as well. I parry once in a while, but most of the time I just smack them around with the Pulverizer's alt-fire, Zwei's stab attack, or Zwei's alt-fire, depending on the enemy and the weapon I have ATM.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ZearothK posted:

You're actually right. Bullet weapons are hitscan when outside zedtime and they slow for dramatic effect during zed time.

I don't think that's right with shotguns tho. Especially the Trench Gun.

Oh nvm you said bullet :suicide:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I don't that weapons are hitscan at all.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The guide seems pretty accurate. It should probably be added to the OP as well, think of it.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Stanley Pain posted:

I don't that weapons are hitscan at all.

Most of the commando weapons and medic weapons are hitscan outside of ZED time. Shotgun penetration is a major part of of the support class so those weapons aren't hit scan even in normal time dilation and that's really all there is to it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
The weapons only seem non hitscan in Zed time. With a SCAR I can reliably nail things in the head from across the map without leading.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm looking at it and it seems like they might be hitscan with non-hitscan tracers? You can see the tracer moving at non-instant speed here, but it looks like the zombie dies before the shot actually connects.

Need to get to work and can't actually check it frame-by-frame.

e:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1390237#post1390237 posted:

Most weapons are hitscan except for when you are in zed time.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Elysiume posted:

I'm looking at it and it seems like they might be hitscan with non-hitscan tracers?
I think that's actually pretty common (unless we're talking about Arma or something), because hitscan ray-body intersections are easy to compute (for server side damage checks) but purely visual client-side tracers look prettier in motion.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Well poo poo, I've been wasting effort leading shots for the longest time then.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.
I finally got around to compiling some shots from playin' with goony goons. Here's my corpse showcase!
http://imgur.com/gallery/HDT2N

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice

Kikas posted:

I don't think that's right with shotguns tho. Especially the Trench Gun.

Oh nvm you said bullet :suicide:
Just to clarify the Trench Gun and Grenade Pistol are special and fire projectiles that are affected by gravity, so I presume this means they definitely aren't hitscan. This is useful for dropping pellets onto groups of enemies from a distance, especially when there is a taller zed in front.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Man they need like a 3rd party map manager for downloading maps or something. The custom server experience isn't very enjoyable when half the time theres a download for that 100-300 meg map that trickles drat slowly.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Drakes posted:

Man they need like a 3rd party map manager for downloading maps or something. The custom server experience isn't very enjoyable when half the time theres a download for that 100-300 meg map that trickles drat slowly.

And there's no way to cancel it once it starts.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I think questioner said they were looking at that

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

And there's no way to cancel it once it starts.

Press ~ and type disconnect. I think they said they'll be fixing that eventually.

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

If the server you're connecting to doesn't have a redirect set up, I feel sorry for anyone that tries to connect to it.

bluetail
Jul 8, 2012
y'all should add me on steam, i play suicidal/hard and i'm usually free during the evenings (eastern standard time)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/meatcakes

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Dinged 25 on FB this evening in the middle of a match. I assume the better of the two zed time perks is the "everything explodes and catches on fire" one?

'Splodey stuff with graphics and gore physics cranked:

http://gfycat.com/ApprehensiveAdventurousEuropeanfiresalamander
http://gfycat.com/SaltyGrayAntbear
http://gfycat.com/VigilantFakeDaddylonglegs (like a wrecking ball)
http://gfycat.com/ScornfulFaintAmericantoad

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Is there some way to shut the characters up altogether? I checked minimise battle chatter but now instead of endless yammering they constantly gurgle like their throats are permanently slit whenever they so much as fall of a slightly-too-high ledge. Like, I literally lost 1 HP from a drop and my guy just screamed like he's choking on his own blood.

The guy in charge of sound design was either very bad at it or into snuff films.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
It's the "I'm on fire" screaming that bugs me the most, especially Rev. Al's. Shut up, I know I'm on fire, goddamn I am going to do the zeds a favor and just put a bullet in my own head to shut me up

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
My personal favorite is after a tough round and everyone on the team is hurting, the announcer lady yells at you to heal your teammates and buy armor 6 times in a row.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

The phys X blood n gore looks insane, I wish I could use it :smith:

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Next update needs:

KF-Farm remake
Return of the Original Trader Lady
More hats

Get to work, Tripwire

StabMasterArson posted:

The phys X blood n gore looks insane, I wish I could use it :smith:

It's amazing. Last night I found out that if you keep shooting bodies they break down into gibs and the gibs have jigglebone effects or w/e you call it. Between that and the entrails it can turn a tight corridor into a goddamn meat grinder.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Require More Fire posted:

Next update needs:

KF-Farm remake
Return of the Original Trader Lady
More hats

Get to work, Tripwire

It's amazing. Last night I found out that if you keep shooting bodies they break down into gibs and the gibs have jigglebone effects or w/e you call it. Between that and the entrails it can turn a tight corridor into a goddamn meat grinder.

Shooting the puddles of blood with the trench gun causes them to spurt up in a fine mist :gibs:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

cliffdiver posted:

My personal favorite is after a tough round and everyone on the team is hurting, the announcer lady yells at you to heal your teammates and buy armor 6 times in a row.

"You're looking a little low. Buy some ammo"

*Is sitting fully stocked besides the 9mm pistol backup* gently caress you lady, you just want my Dosh so I can't afford to buy a bigger gun next round.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Oh hey let's talk about this great custom map that we found last night that checked in at like 300MB:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=526696737

Delete the hell out of it, indeed.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Maze section was awesome and got pretty tense. Gives me an idea for a Maze level that you have to get from trader pod to trader pod each wave or you wouldn't have enough time to run the whole thing.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Fun idea with the maze, just poorly executed. I had a blast during that part though.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
There was a certain sadistic joy when reaching the end and finding out it was a dead end. And then again when realizing Siren screams were clipping through the walls to murder us.

EDIT You know we have snow and we have the Volter Manor assets, someone needs to make a Overlook Hotel map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
If I could get the sdk to run on my computer without crashing I'd give it a shot. But I know thing zero about mapping.

Also that "Oh poo poo" moment when we got to the dead end was awesome and trying to fight our way put was fun as hell and made that bloated map worth while.