Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Demo's class-specific XP bonus thing is blowing up Fleshpounds for a reason y'all, the perk is really good at doing that.

Scrakes have high explosion resistance which is why if you want to tango with one on your own you'll have to do the dud to the dome trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I'm glad to see some signs of life from KF2, I had already written off the game as a very expensive soundtrack purchase.

e: I'm not gonna whine about the zed-conomy update because I think anyone who didn't see the cosmetic system as it stands and realize this was going to be added is living under a rock, but drat are Valve some seriously evil motherfuckers by coming up with varying quality of weapon skins by virtue of how hosed up the texture is.

Geight fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 26, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Tagichatn posted:

Ah poo poo, the Vermintide DLC came out today too. I can't decide what to play :ohdear:

As someone with KF2, Vermintide, and Payday 2, I'm having a good day. :cheers:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah I read that perk as "you can keep firing if you hit 0" and not "your ammo count stops going down", and based on how Tripwire has designed the perks thusfar I am pretty sure it's the former and not the latter.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Doors blowing up permanently was presumably supposed to discourage camping but it seems to have just made people ignore welding doors, even while camping.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I think Payday 2's added more content to their game than KF2 has, if you just start measuring when KF2's early access phase started.

That said,

Luchadork posted:

it was Overwatch that finally dragged me away from KF2. everything.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

The thing about resistances is that if you need to point your patch notes towards a wiki to adequately explain a system for players then you have fundamentally failed basic principles of gameplay discoverability.

This was my initial thought as well. I remember thinking that in practice this system wasn't too bad but then I remembered that I'd jumped into a normal-difficulty game since I wanted to dick around with a level 0 sharpshooter. Normal difficulty and I was going "gosh some of these guys are pretty tanky" :psyduck:

These balance changes aren't really because of the pvp mode, are they? That seems really foolish.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Okay so I'd be lying if I said I've kept up with the game at all, but is the PVP mode popular enough that it's worth mucking up the original KF experience, which was so solid at least partially because of its simplicity?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I don't know what's going on here

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I mean, surely some people at Tripwire played Killing Floor, right? Popping heads is really fun in that game... I feel like it should be fun in this game, too.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I don't think I've ever seen a thread so universally dislike an update to its game on SA. Can't even get a guy playing devil's advocate for this one, aside from the dude indirectly involved with making it.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Payday 2 is fun and cool, I'm not a huge fan of Vermintide but it's by no means a bad game. I don't think the latter is doing so hot in playerbase but there's definitely still goons playing it if that's your bag.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Like if I'm being honest with the glacial pace of updates in this game Tripwire could promise to totally revert or rework these systems and I'd know not to expect a proper solution until next year.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

QA and game design are not the same departments

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Bilal posted:

This happens in every SA thread where a goon dev posts. Everyone's chummy and absolute best friends with the best, most community engaged game developers ever in a honeymoon period that lasts maybe a year. Then inevitably comes a whiff of negative sentiment about the game. The goon dev plays it cool at first, for a couple of posts. Then inevitably they throw gas on the fire by getting really snippy and passive aggressive about it, goons call them on their poo poo, and then the goon dev ragequits and is never heard from again. See: starbound thread.

I hope that hasn't happened in the Clockwork Empires thread yet, those guys are so nice. :ohdear:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I'm really glad that they're willing to back down on this. Bigger zeds having resistances is fine, and even the weaker stuff like Husks resisting fire damage is totally reasonable. The wheat and chaff zeds having a spreadsheet's worth of weaknesses and resistances is just not something I have any interest in dealing with in a game like Killing Floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Theta Zero posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYdrq6_kpZM

Versus would be such much more fun if more zeds had trapping moves like the Siren.

Wow, that just straight-up kills you if nobody's around to help, huh?