Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I can't even see it in the 'installed games' list on my Steam anymore. Tuesday can't get here fast enough!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

UltraVariant posted:

Sucks that Tuesday is the release date. Even if I had the money, I wouldn't have the time due to schoolwork. Certainly an odd day to release a highly anticipated game, even for early access. :v:

But... Wait, are you being facetious? Releases are ALWAYS Tuesday but since that's ninety-nine-out-of-one-hundred the case I figure you're kidding. Right? RIGHT!? :shepicide:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Ledgy posted:

Yeah, that's what I meant. I don't want to replace the awesome music that's already there, I'd like to add my tracks to the playlist, just like a GTA custom radio or something.

A thousand million times this. I've spent the past week thinking about songs I'd play while playing but I want them to stop when I get to the trader, etc. Without alt-tabbing or using the lovely Steam player there isn't a lot I can do for that.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Steam's countdown says 1 day 4 hours so...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
e: ^poo poo, posted before yours was showing. I'm just giving you poo poo.

More like Killing Floor 2 PC ENTITLED Access, am I right guys? :smug:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

To be slightly Master Racist for a second, I wonder if it is just because PC gamers are spoilt for choice anymore with so many indie/pc exclusive games getting pushed out for us compared to console releases. I know I didn't stop playing titan fall because it got boring, I stopped because something new came out

Part of it is console parity. I don't know if Titanfall had it but with Evolve the PC has to wait for a console patch even though there is literally no reason to and it's a factor in 2K killing it. The inverse of this is Payday 2 in which PC users got more content than they could ever want and the console versions were pretty much the same as launch for half a year or maybe a whole year or possibly to this day, I don't know.

Regardless, the way I see it is that if you're aiming for relative parity use the PC players as a testing bed before getting cert'd for the console patches. Our patches aren't 40k per patch or whatever exorbitant sum was reported. We're far more grumpy about late patches than those peasants! :pcgaming:

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 20, 2015

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
e: ^ $30-40 depending on the version you buy.

WRT lovely countries who won't get full gore (aside from a general gently caress you, you pussies! :911: ) :

You should wait 'til other people confirm this is region gift-able since Steam apparently started limiting such things in the last year. Just to make sure you/your gifter don't get hosed like your laws. :911:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I've whopped my wad on the counter and I'm ready to shell out me dosh! Sadly I'll be at work for the first 6 hours of release but at least it'll still be on my drive thanks to the beta.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

not sure if someone mentioned this already, but
you can go to Documents\my games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config\KFGame.ini and change MaxDeadBodies to something like 50

even more gore this way

Echoing this super a lot!!! Saw a screenie on the Steam page where they set it to 500 and it was nothing but bodies with some floor visible between. It was glorious... :allears:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Whale Cancer posted:

My wife is out of town until next week, and the bitch took my debit card so instead of playing the whole time she's gone I can't play until she gets back :negative:

Lucky. I wish I didn't have my card info memorized... :shepspends:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I like that there's a sign in BioLabs telling people not to swim in the Clot Mother tank because the liquid in it is not water :gonk:

Even better is that no one EVER puts up a sign preemptively, so someone did it.

srsly: NUMBER ONE FEATURE REQUEST: Make a GTA-esque custom tracks folder so I can have the game automatically, smoothly, and FITTINGLY, start and stop some Meshuggah, Animals As Leaders, Baroness, etc. tracks to kill to. With options to play only my tracks, only defaults, or random.

Also please make a separate folder for between-round music so sometimes it'll play Skullmonkeys' Bonus Room song while I'm at the trader.

Seriously, this I want more than more perks/weapons/levels/features.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
e: ^ My specs except I haven't OC'd the 2500k so it's 3.3.

The only freezes/stutters I get are when I buy a new commando weapon for the first time in a match or maybe lauch of the game. When I leave the trader and it automatically switches there's a half-second stutter and then it resumes. That's it, I don't get any others in the game.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Mindblast posted:

After a couple rounds I sometimes get this odd bug where disco flashes start throwing about. It's not the card overheating/failing because it happens in a way that suggests it is the engine that has the issue. The lights that pop in for a sec can have any color of the rainbow and will properly reflect off whatever they are shining on. This is on a r9 270 with an 2500K.

May not be overheating but that is DEFINITELY gpu artifacting. Latest drivers, etc.?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Even if you don't count, he yells each heal about a new attack or after three, "NOW YOU SHALL SEE MY TRUE FORM!" Also his color/lighting indicates the phase, not overall damage. Especially nice because the small touches like sparks and blood leaking are lost in the action.

Maybe make his glow/lighting a completely new color when he's invul/85% so he had a tell. Bright blue or gold or something. Maybe even make shots visibly bounce off? I'm not certain how you can effectively communicate visually, "Your shots aren't doing much right now."

As for fighting him, I do find him fun enough when you get a team that knows what's up. He has set patterns and such and he CAN get you but smart play can leap from the jaws of death at the last harrowing second too. I still maintain he was balanced for levels 8-15 on normal. That seems to be the sweet spot of a 50-50 win rate.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The worst part of zed movement is that right now zeds will just magically fly 3 feet up to walk on top of railings, which is frustrating as gently caress when it causes you to miss (which is pretty much every time it happens since headshots are important). It'd be nice if that could be fixed.

I seem to remember this in the first but it's been a while so I may be lying. Either way, I like it and I feel like it wouldn't be KF without it. :v:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I haven't played since the week they put in the the nVidia FLEX stuff. Played today with some friends and it's weird but it seems like they turned off the blood/vomit liquid effects. There are still organs/intestines but there's no more jelly blood and I miss that a lot. Have they indeed turned them off or should I delete my ini or something?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Ah. I have it set to both and tried turning it off and on again to see if that'd fix it. Oh well, guess I'll have to live without jam rolling down stairs for the time being.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

wait what what

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

RoadCrewWorker posted:

When they castrate the gunslinger into oblivion before bothering to make Hans not a terrible piece of broken poo poo i'll laugh so hard

if only to make up for all the cursing and frowning everyone on the server does when the boss coin flip lands on the big "gently caress you" side

Having not played in months, how's Hans broken?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I only played demo once on normal but yesterday we had two fleshpounds on Paris coming out of the tunnel so I threw down two TNT and hit them with an RPG and then there were no more fleshpounds.

Seems like a fun enough class.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Broose posted:

I want to play in the mythical group that has even a group of gorefasts handled.

Fleshpounds?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Seriously, we have two devs in the thread so we should be able to escalate not being able to :ocelot: into the next build pretty quickly. Or at least a cosmetic thing.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Those patch notes don't look complete, where's the bit about twirling?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

She Bangs the Drums posted:

"KFGame has stopped working" unfortunately

Have you tried clicking "More Info?"

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Leave his current melee damage at X but split it into Y+Z=X.

His melee charge opens with him throwing a syring at his target full of poison. Their screen has an effect so they know they've been poisoned and they glow green or something so teammates know it too. A side effect of the poison is a TON of adrenaline (to help aid the spread to your extremities! :pseudo:) and so you now run as fast as Hans. The poison quickly DoT's you for Y damage and if he catches you he hits for Z, totalling his current X. Since the targeted player now moves as fast as Hans they should have a guaranteed escape from the melee damage provided they don't get caught on geometry or catch trash or do a bad turn. It also fulfils the idea of forcing players into a moving fight. Mainly though it makes his super lethal attack a skill-based mitigation that is a relatively low skill. Can you run? Good, you shouldn't die.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Sounds like we're well on our way to those infamous Japanese Killing Floor servers.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah, locking him in with you should just result in him instantly bursting through a door.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I don't have opinions on the things it wants me to. What are the other pages like?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
We're getting a Director:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/956255905053891465

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
He probably quit before that was the case. For a while Overkill was only pandering to their elite customers. But now, yeah, I have people who almost exclusively can't click heads and they're still holding their own. I will play a game with two other people who aren't great at it and literally I will not help just gently caress around and we STILL beat the heist on overkill difficulty.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I still play Payday regularly with some friends. It's fun but it's either too easy or too hard, they never found a good in between.

And also it has some horrible bullshit regarding mechanics and latency.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Clearly you need to stop playing the games we like.

rear end in a top hat.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Instead of appealing to his tastes, appeal to his reason:

I was level 100, infamied, and was I-84 within that same evening. THE. GRIND. IS. GONE!

Which, in this thread, is either a selling point or a breaking point.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/970893244341521972

Apparently the first version of The Conductor is live but only as an observer. It doesn't make any changes but I assume it's feeding data on how it would and such.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Get a Splatlus.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I think what he meant is any time the player is not moving (ironsights or no) they get a bonus. Not a bonus for time stood still, just a flat playermovement=0 bonus=500000000 or something. I could easily be wrong but that's how I read it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I wonder if a loop of Strawberry Fields Forever would mesh well with this game. Maybe the slower parts during zed time.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Nothing's stopping you from muting the music and pulling up Spotify in the background. I do it all the time.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Skoll posted:

Holy poo poo, what an awesome suggestion! I share an opinion on that I dislike a games music and you helpfully rear end in with "hurr durr mute the background music" like common sense didn't already dictate that.

Next you're going to tell me that someone made a mod to replace it entirely.

Not my fault you were complaining about a non-issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
K-Pop