Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Synergy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Just lie and tell them what they want to hear.

"I love you more than dosh."

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The higher clear rate on higher difficulties just due to better players you think?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Stats tracking is actually one of my favorite things about games. When BF2 and GTAIII came out I would often just visit my stats page to stare at the numbers. Please at some point give us excessive stats pages to look at, I need to know exactly how many steps I've taken. Also make stats and graphs per match in my match history. I want to watch my inane gameplay number change...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
This isn't news though, they mentioned it a couple weeks back when saying things like everyone versus one super monster. They cited a v. stalker round being inspired by The Hidden which sounds awesome as The Hidden was awesome.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Ha, thread tag got changed to something more applicable at this point.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Phoneposting and for some reason the patchnotes won't pull up. Literally all I care about: Is Jell-O blood back in?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Questioner86 posted:

Short answer: No.

Long answer: I've been working some really late hours with NVidia tracking down some game breaking performance issues with Flex. My video card was losing 40+ frames with Flex set to LOW. Totally unacceptable frame rates. They've been working late nights to fix problems but I only just got a build with a fix yesterday. Once I can test it with a few different video cards to make sure they didn't introduce a crash or something (this has been a problem with past fixes) we'll turn Flex back on. You can pretty much blame me for Flex being turned off because I was the hard rear end insisting that we test it for a few days instead of just putting it in today's build but once it proves out it's easy for us to turn Flex back on.

It worked and then nVidia broke it in drivers, right? Or did it happen on TWI's end? PhysX and FLEX have always been highly interesting to me.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The only flashlights we need are the brief glimpses of zeds you get when shooting them in the head.

Hey, FEAR is a super old game made somewhere around 1987 and its muzzle flashes had real-time shadows. Please? Pretty please?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I can't tell if that's a weird user map or artifacting on the left side of your screenshot.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I wish headless monsters lost tracking and just started swinging. I'm not saying take the Dead Space route and make headshots a bad idea but just mke it so they can't perfectly track you anymore.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Or Soldier of Fortune...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I feel for them on the "wasted hours" bit but I also tried playing over the weekend and required half a magazine to pop a head on a clot or gorefast or stalker. It felt bad.

I'm fine with resistances on larger zeds and I'd even be okay with them on the weaker ones if they're SUPER toned down (which it sounds like exactly what we're getting). But the second you take clots, gorefasts, and crawlers and make them more than just annoyance trash you've made the game far less fun. The challenge is in negating the zeds that have actual gameplay to them, not the ones that mindlessly saunter up to you and punch you.

I look forward to playing this week now. :downs:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Section Z posted:

"We reduced all revolvers to 5 ammo. They still have 6 chambers, one randomly selected chamber is empty. This has added an element of chance to help diversify the skill ceiling"

"Based on massive community feedback we have since changed the revolvers to have five empty chambers and one loaded one but hitting 'r' will give you a sick spin animation randomizing the chambered round."

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It seems like their dream balance is one or two people barely scraping through. I realize there are some great stories to be told about those skin-of-your-teeth victories but those should be the 1-in-10 fuckups, not 1-in-10 perfect runs. It's a co-op game.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Well if you're playing KF2 your aim is good enough to click heads and there's no autoaim and therefor the darts and, and, and :spergin:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
RO2 is now a good game. So there's hope!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Skoll posted:

With how many people still playing?

Legitimately a lot. You can usually find a handful of full servers for both RO2 and RS in each of the three modes. I'll concede that the 'vanilla' and 'classic' (RO2 and RO1 respectively) modes are bad but if you go for the wildly misnamed 'realism' mode you can play a very fun game. I play fairly regularly with a friend that comes over.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's not an official appointment and I'm pretty sure they don't even report the poo poo we say back to the rest of the team. They're just goons who happen to work at Tripwire who thought they'd come in and shoot the poo poo with people who play their games. Beyond that, if I remember right, Questioner was in some QA position and Turnways is an artist of a sort. Then they come in and received pointed personal flak from 90% of the posters in the thread for changes they likely had no hand in designing, creating, or even greenlighting.

I'm not going to defend the game's current state, I haven't played enough in the past two months to weigh in pro or con. But the amount of venomous feedback directed right at the two dudes who have nothing to do with the complaints and probably don't have enough pull in the team to get your pet complaint looked at is ridiculous. They're two dudes posting in here because they thought it would be fun and chill. Questioner was only returning the vitriol he was thrown with the resistances update.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That's why I'm not defending lovely changes but condemning the competition for king rear end in a top hat. I've seen legit good posts in here with write-ups and ideas that are well reasoned and such but most of them are just personal attacks on dudes who didn't poo poo in your Cheerios.

I do have an idea of what I'm talking about. It's that your an rear end in a top hat.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Goddamnit.

It's what I deserve for wading in to shitposts. Keep on keepin' on thread.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I am absolutely not surprised, nor did I expect any change to come. But earlier on the page someone was remarking about how Turnways is the new Tripwire liason and how that sucks for him and I was merely pointing out that it does now more than ever. Apart from several dismissive or defensive responses as of late they've been cool dudes. Hell, this thread got several beta codes something like two weeks in advance thanks to them.

However it serves me right since this is SA and goons will be goons.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Insert name here posted:

Legit question but what, in your opinion, constitutes a personal attack? Because as far as I recall no one actually insulted questioner specifically, they insulted the post(s) he made, a subtle but distinct difference. Or is "personal attack" internet shorthand for "someone disagreed with me"?

Poor word choice. No one (as far as I've read, I went back and reread a few pages) said anything disparaging about him personally or Turnways. I mean more in the sense that they attacked him personally because he was the only contact with the company they had. It makes some sense as the official forums are a (currently out of order) nebulous thing you just throw critique on to and you're drowned out by the CONSTANT screaming idiots that beg for the game to be harder. But the constant stream of poo poo directed squarely at him for something he had nothing to do with was ridiculous and made the thread a pain to read for literal pages. It didn't help he fired back but I can completely get why in his situation he would feel defensive about the issue.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Can you elaborate on the Payday did bad and what they fixed? I stopped following years ago but recently came back to a FAR better game than I left.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
boycottl4d2group.jpg

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Literally that. There are many great screenshots of the members page of that group on l4d2's launch day where the majority of them are green and playing the very game they were boycotting.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Theta Zero posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7PVCVs5RYM

They patched double barrel shots so ragdolls will fly away farther, and it's great.

This is the only change I've wanted in the game. Release now good.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
So resistances are now something like .01 of wjat they werre, right? Why even keep them in?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Thank God. Flashlights were just a loving annoyance and now darker maps sound fun.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Trump fleshpound mod please. Complete with PhysX hair.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErYTut4BGY8&t=450s

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

QwertySanchez posted:

Using the perk that gives you infinite ammo and no reloads for 10 seconds after setting down an ammo back and then just turning the double barreled shotgun into a moving wall of hot lead death is one of my fave things in Payday 2.

Minigun.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

turnways posted:

Hey folks, sorry I haven't been around; been sick with strep.

When someone gets sick at the office is there that one rear end in a top hat that always makes a joke about them "turning?"

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZ9TgAVjTQ

Jesus Christ this game is far too easy and we need resistances back BADLY.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
While it was a joke, let's all take a moment to reflect and realize it really isn't. :smith:

e: In case you don't follow Subnautica (and why would you as there's little overlap between these two games?) they recently introduced literally un-fun waiting to crafting. The entire SA thread railed against it (as we are want to do) and even the official forums rallied together in extreme hatred of the feature.

Barring the few vocal minority claiming that they loved it and actually wouldn't mind more time spent "crafting." In this instance the word "crafting" means starting an item's creation and sitting for four minutes. There's little to nothing to do during this time, just wait....

The first thing I thought of were the loving Tripwire forums.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 22, 2016

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Only if changes sit there long enough. The resistances update was on the test branch but only for a few days before being pushed live.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Propaganda Hour posted:

This weekly event thing is hard as balls and I love it.

The matchmaking for it last night was broken so I solo'd it.

I haven't gotten the reward for it yet, nor my RS2 items.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Can confirm. Played alongside one earlier and he solo'd three skrakes and two fleshpounds in roughly ten seconds.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Propaganda Hour posted:

Gets you a neat centerfire skin.

Jurassic Park tie-in?

I wouldn't mind this-game-but-with-dinos...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
To be fair, medics now have a homing dart and each medic weapon has its own supply. Also, anyone can use these weapons. Not saying you're wrong, it is a bitch to syringe someone, but it's pretty moot at this point.