Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

get this: commando should get both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Skoll posted:

Uhh.. No it isn't. By far.

it does more damage than medic!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

like trying to give classes niches that don't actually exist, like...killing trash.

lmao

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

if your team has a scrake handled don't waste rockets on it

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Broose posted:

I want to play in the mythical group that has even a group of gorefasts handled.

considering everybody on hard is completely braindead I bet people playing normal are pretty great

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

DatonKallandor posted:

I doubt anybody gets mad when something like that slips through - especially in early access.

oh ye of little faith

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

didn't the hotfix address that?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kikas posted:

Demo can easily pack an RPG, Dual Deagles and a Medpistol.

And this is the optimal loadout, the easy trick of buying Deagle makes Demo fun, good and useful without needing to grind to lvl 15 for Siren immunity. It also means you don't rely on the Grenade Pistol at all.

why are you playing demo without c4

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kikas posted:

Because Dynamite works as well and I get more of them?

c4 is stronger than the rpg

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i haven't touched this game in over half a year and all of the new changes looks like total poo poo

imho

tbh

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

:rip: Killing Floor 2.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

THE CHORSE posted:

I think that you guys might be missing something important: all of the design decisions that they make are constrained by the fact that they are planning on releasing KF2 on consoles.

Why can't they add more simultaneous zeds?
Consoles.

Why can't the zeds be smarter?
Consoles.

Why does the new resistance system require you to spray an enemy with bullets rather than rewarding rapid headshots?
Console players aim with controllers.

The limitations of consoles place limitations on what Tripwire can do to add difficulty. They can't just make guns do less damage or give zeds more health, even though that's basically the only thing that they can do to tweak the level of difficulty, so the only changes they can make from here on out will be like this inane resistance system that effectively do just that.

what year is it

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

THE CHORSE posted:

Oh look, an Overwatch avatar. Yes please tell me all about how FPS games haven't been dumbed down for consoles. No competent developer would increase the size of the head hitbox to compensate for a lack of fine control, amirite?

lol you're such a prick

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

And you provide absolutely nothing constructive to counter his argument, but based on your post history in Overwatch threads, I can't say I'm surprised.

a guy trying to speak authoritatively about game design decisions he had no involvement in and acting like a condescending shithead to anybody that questions him is cool

he isn't even making an argument he's just saying the things he doesn't like are because consoles

also gently caress off about my posts in overwatch threads I don't even know what you're talking about

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm basically disabled using a controller when I play shooters but I'm not gonna pretend a co-op shooter require absolute precision to be played well like it's loving counter strike

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

THE CHORSE posted:

You're right, I could explain myself better (and not be an rear end). I'm basing the assumption on what I know about Payday 2 and the weird compromises that they had to make in order to keep the game running on Xbox 360 and PS3 long after that was a relevant concern, and then the ways that the game has been able to expand since they left that behind. There's still a PS4/Xbone version but they haven't updated it in foreverrrr and I don't think they're going to add everything from the PC version, so the game has gotten much larger maps with more varied objectives. poo poo has gotten weird in a really good way. I'm pretty sure TWI is planning a console release for KF2 at some point and I want to blame something, so consoles it is.

i didn't see this post and as a reformed console tf2 player I can relate so now we can be friends

update your spreadsheets

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 12, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UU8jqxAiHQ

Recorded on PC. I also tested this myself. Overwatch easily has the most cartoonishly large hitboxes of any FPS game I have ever played. Between this and the 20 tick rate servers (and an essay's worth of other issues I'm not sperging about right now), competitive Overwatch is a loving farce. As a casual game, it's serviceable.

Fake edit: For the record, these hitboxes have not changed as of the last patch.

oh you're one of these

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

And you have a waifu avatar, so you're one of those. :^)

a portrait from a decade old gba game is a waifu avatar

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

:rip: Killing Floor 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I played this game for the first time in like a year and dud rockets making scrakes fall flat on their asses is the funniest thing in the world right now