Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
If by went off the rails with DLC you mean "was too wacky for me" you can gb2modernwarfare.

Anyway I starred the thread before I even looked at the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Target Practice posted:

Godspeed, with my HDD dead my desktop or s out of commission for who knows how long. Enjoy it, I'll have to live vicariously through the thread.

UNLOCKS IN FIVE HOURS

GET HYPE

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Meldonox posted:

Am I reading this right? Is KF2 actually a good Tripwire sequel, and good enough to buy in early access at that? I loved every moment of the first one, but I didn't dare hope the sequel would hold up.

Give it to me straight guys, I can handle it.

They learned from RO2. Even the Rising Storm DLC was much better.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Finally got a break in work to play this thing. Support might beat out Commando for my most favorite class this time around. Those shotguns feel so chunky and work great with the slo-mo and animations and MEAT gore. They made me like the Benelli M4 and made it not feel like a waste of money... somehow. :black101: It loving exterminates normal zeds with one shot.

What's weird is the AA12 feels like it has no recoil with ADS and the commando assault rifles go everywhere except for the AK12.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

My EA impressions: LOL if you aren't playing this game with music volume at max and lyrics on.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

always the reinstall?^^^

quote:

SCRAKE HERE TO PUMP YOU UP

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Questioner86 might be able to answer this. Are there any plans for better lit maps? I feel like even night maps like kf_farm (420420420harhar) in KF1 were easier to spot enemies than inside the dark parts of Outpost. Maybe it's because the graphics are better and there are more elements to distract my eyes. But it distracts from precious seconds of killing and dosh getting! :tfrxmas:

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 26, 2015

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

I cast my empty meaningless vote to keep the clot spin/grab in, it makes it easier for me to get out and I always value mobility over being able to shoot right now, and it's funny to see morons on SA bitching about it.

make it 2 fleshpounds 1 commando :mrgw:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

JFC fix the zeds warping up railings and staircases Trip.

Has anyone found a hypersaturated 300 style zed time workshop mod yet?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Remind me what's the .ini for more dead bodies?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

I've been playing pretty much only support because the shotguns interact so well with MEAT. You can crack open clots and stalkers all day long but nothing beats a pointblank kill shot on a charging gorefast that splits their torso in half. Or crawlers jumping at you. Pull!

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Badly Jester posted:

This gave me pause. On my first day in the UK, I gave several bystanders an aneurysm by getting on the bus while they were arguing over who's letting who go first. If my blitzkrieg vacation there is any indication, the majority of people would just gasp (almost imperceptibly) and try to avoid eye contact if zeds really invaded the UK, because these buggers are just rude.

He said cool and British. British is just an adjective that modifies the cool. :colbert:

QwertySanchez posted:

Highest level gun slinger perk: bullets follow crosshair in zed time.

Have you heard the news / bad things come in twos / but no one ever told me about the little things.

fake e: I do spam the double barrel on medium waves because it does such wacky poo poo with MEAT. Best gun for that imho.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

re: updates, is it just me or are there new music tracks in this game now?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Skoll posted:

Call Out is really useful actually since as the waves get on, the Stalkers attack in bigger and bigger groups. I've never had anyone complain about me bringing it.

I've stopped using it because I can get more kills if only I can see them. :mmmhmm:

Also I think I have a bug to report. When I reload a primary (never pistols so far), switch away, then switch back, sometimes I'm down 1 or 2 bullets from a full mag. I can reload again to fix that and then it stays full. Anyone else?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Insert name here posted:

It has 48 rounds, exactly the same as the pump and double-barrel.

The semiauto M4 gives you faster follow up shots so you run through the same amount of ammo faster, making it feel smaller. Each individual shot is more effective in my experience though. Consistently gets me 1 hit kills on Gorefasts on the upper torso close-in on hard difficulty, pump action required a headshot to do that. I haven't the time or autism to seriously try out Suicidal (yet) so maybe the ammo scarcity and trigger discipline becomes an issue then when ammo boxes are scarcer but on occasion I'll roll with the double barrel and M4 on my way to AA12 supremacy and I'll do fine.

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Maybe it wasn't the server that had deliberately bugged lines the other day. I played another game that had them. This time I heard ones like "They dropped the package!" "Package is secure!" "The package is taking damage!" and "Timberrrr!"

So I guess we're getting some kind of game mode like Counterstrike's bomb defusal and the Fire Axe is coming back for sure.

Good, gooood. Objective mode was one of the greatest additions to KF1.

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 24, 2015

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Magres posted:

I dunno if it's because I don't have any perks really leveled much yet
I'll aim the double barrel at a big crowd of enemies, pull the trigger twice, and go "oh, huh" where I'm expecting a nice HELLYEAH feeling.

Yeah, you haven't played the class enough. What you're missing is the penetration level up you get. I'm level 10 support and a double barrel WILL clear a hallway of trash at close to medium range. Very useful indoors.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

I would still buy the double barrel shotgun for $1100, it's that good for clearing trash with the penetration level up. Don't actually raise the price Trip.

Mindblast posted:

How the hell were you supposed to figure that out mid-game, let alone get to them?

Leave a clot alive then use your bullets. Grenades if it's out of sight, some guessing required.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Azran posted:

Seriously, it seems he decided to freak the gently caress out over nothing at all. Who cares about realism, even then there's a sense of verosimilitude - wouldn't it be weird for a six-chamber revolver to fire 30 bullets in full auto fire in the span of 10 seconds? Well yes, it'd be. So you just change the model to a full auto pistol instead of a six chamber revolver. Faustian is just mentioning that, if you put another auto/semi-auto shotgun in the game, and whose role is to do more damage but have a smaller magazine than the AA12, a Saiga would make sense because of how it looks and works, if you were to create such a weapon role to fill the "doesn't quite do anything" void in which the M4 dwells.

If I know gently caress all about guns (and I know really little about them because guns are boring), and I buy an AA12 and a Saiga in the game, I will immediately realize that both have magazines (and even if I don't, I'm just a Mouse 1 + R from learning it), the store will tell me which one does more damage, and the fact the Saiga has a more conventional magazine instead of big gently caress-off drum means I can give myself an idea of what's the tradeoff. There isn't anything wrong in just fixing the M4 numbers-wise, so whatever.

I mean, there are some weird opinions in this thread but this one isn't even spergy.

He said, writing a few paragraphs. They're not creating new weapons right now and that's a good move. Make the M4 hold ten shots if that's what it takes. Nobody cares.

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

what if the patriarch came out and it was hitler? like, not robot future hitler or anything, but just 1944 adolf hitler in his dress uniform.

That sounds like something only a literal Nazi would want. Is there something you want to tell the thread, Literal Nazi Furry? :colbert:

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 30, 2015

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

it really just makes me wonder what the class bonuses are gonna be like to compensate for the low damage weapons. I have a feeling that might be what makes the class interesting.

plus the medic smg is fun and a class based around making weapons like that viable on their own is something I can get onboard with

I have nothing against a class based on SMGs. The medic SMG already has so little recoil you can circle strafe/run a mob down like it's Quake. Compare to the runaway freight trains that are the Commando guns.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Holy poo poo Suicidal changes the game. I winged a clot with my 9mm, whatever, I'll casually line up a headshot but the thing turned into Usain Bolt's crackhead cousin and made a roadie run at me! :stonklol: The higher difficulties seem to be less schizophrenic and more graduated than old KF and the little pissed off "now I charge you" wouldn't have happened with the old UT bots.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

How... how did that Scrake telepathically hit you? :ohdear: I've always seen good players dodging their swings by inches, that just looks like really sloppy hit registry.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

bringin' dat nugibbis vibe to da steam group

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

They've probably replaced the KF1 pipe bombs with the new demo's C4. And it looks like the new C4 is command detonated, which is definitely an improvement. No more trash blasting off your FP trap.

Tripwire posted:

Tier 4 - RPG 7

So I wonder what the Firebug's Tier 4 is... Husk Gun return maybe?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Zed time was always there for stylistic reasons, to randomly pop up and look cool, and that's not gonna get changed. Maybe sometimes Lady Luck will time it so you feel directly rewarded for getting a sick headshot. But if you're stuck reloading during it oh well enjoy the 200fps animation sucker.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

FaustianQ posted:

You realize this makes the capstone skills look even more like a bad design decision, right?

Yes. Without a major overhaul of game mechanics, they should stop progression at level 20 imo.

Coolguye posted:

ZED was a stylistic decision but it became a mechanical consideration in KF1; a fair bit of handling Fleshpounds in Hell on Earth in KF1 was kiting them along with their trash buddies until the Commando got a ZED because that made it a huge amount easier for the Supports/Demolitions guys to dump on the Fleshpound before he got up in their business. Of course, FPs in KF2 will enrage of their own volition, so that doesn't work the same way. It matters a lot less with the inclusion of parry mechanics though, not to mention some more fleshed out stun mechanics.

Making ZED an activated thing is sort of the logical evolution of the mechanic, though I tend to agree that if they haven't at least talked about making that change at this point it's really unlikely that they will.

By FPs aggroing on their own, do you mean they'll do it randomly in KF2? Because I wasn't aware of that. In KF1 they'd always aggro if saw a player for 15secs, even if nobody messed with them.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

What are we, two weeks or less away at this point? If it goes on beyond August this game may be permanently dead...

goonhyperbole.txt

I saw this as someone who hasn't touched KF2 since June. When there's a zed exploding microwave gun I will be back.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Chard posted:

gently caress you

i'm not clicking on some reddit link

you loving fuckj

new thread title

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Tripwire filed for chapter 11. Phoneposting so can't link the pc gamer article atm

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Martout posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=68#post444962811

This is what started the meltdown for anyone who wants to laugh at an idiot :kiddo:

e: aw he's edited all his posts to dumb poo poo but the quotes are still there at least.

bwaaahahaha I have avoided the CS goon group like heil for the last year or two even though I have close to 1,000 hours in the game and I have no reason yet to regret that move.

e: lookin' forward to updated KF2 with goons though :cool:

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 19, 2015

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Yeah I've played the goonmans plugin before. Nothing wrong with the gamemode but if I want to feel like I'm in a high school clique again I'll go back to high school thanks.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I sincerely hope TWI learned a valuable lesson about content delivery times through this, though. How long has it been since the last content update, actually? A month or two?

I wish we had to wait a month or two between your posts.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Here's some of what stood out to me:

quote:

M4 now carries 8 shells in the magazine
M4 reloads have been adjusted (animation and timing)

So maybe the M4 will be viable as a middle step thanks to the bigger mag and faster(?) reload, especially since...

quote:

AA12 price increased

Also the flamethrower is going to be increased to T3 pricing so no more cheap funsies.

Just gonna paste the changes about the monsters:

quote:

Husk
Backpack will explode after a damage threshold is reached
Now suicides a bit faster
Shoots can now be interrupted via stumble/knockdown/stunned/panic/poison

Bloat
When headless puke now sprays from the neck (visual only)

Hans
Is now more resistant to explosives (but vulnerable to microwaves)
Is now a bit more inaccurate with firearms
Has a bit more cooldown between gun bursts

Melee attacks now have pushback on them
Melee attacks now have a bit more cooldown between chains
Hit reactions now look more fluid (and less jerky)
Grenades now have a UI warning
Has a visible shield when he goes into hunt mode
Shield visibly deflects bullets when in hunt mode
Stumble animations are now quicker and take less time to recover.
Knockdown animation added
Unique parried animations added

Siren
Siren scream is now interrupted on stumble/knockdown/stunned/panic/poison
Sirens now scream less frequently, but does more damage per pulse

Fleshpound
Fleshpound now wants to hit something before dropping out of rage (like in Killing Floor 1)
New rage sprint animation added
3 EMP grenades will now trigger incap - This is reduced used to be 5 to incap.
Knockdown animation is added to zed.
Unique parried animations added.

Scrake
Knockdown animation is added to zed.
Unique parried animations added.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Why won't it download for me? :( I even have it set to high-priority updates but I only see the 4 old perks when I start it and there's nothing in my downloads history for it.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

oh derp

thanks guys

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I think the C4 and M79 should switch tiers, and C4 should either do a lot more damage or come with more charges. It just seems out of place in tier 2.

I'd totally agree with this. Due to the cost trade off of C4 packs versus M79 rounds I just deal with the suck of the nade pistol for what feels like forever until I can just afford the M79 halfway through the game.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

I maxed at Commando in ye olden days when you had a to pick between a damage bonus when you're using single fire or when you're using auto fire. As of now, I'm using fast reloads and the pistol/weapon switching perk, and opting for bigger magazine sizes over stumbling zeds. Commando is really refreshing after playing SWAT for a while because you just feel powerful one-shotting stuff that often took two as SWAT.

At first I wasn't too hot on SWAT but I've got the hang of it now. Trigger control is loving king to save your ammo. Against gorefasts and other trash just tap the mouse quickly and hipfire 2-3 round bursts aiming for the head. You'll get used to aiming without the sights and I'll usually end the early rounds with half my MP7 ammo still left. For sirens and above, ADS and dump into them with your team. Flashbangs are great for stunning FPs and scrakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Do FPs aggro anymore if they see you for 15 seconds or whatever it was? I haven't been noticing it in my games lately. I'm playing on hard.