Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Broose posted:

Did they update?

AFAIK it is out of our hands for now. Just use the open IP commands for now until they get updated on the lists.

173.199.89.138:7777

VVVV I want to say that the absolute max you can get is 64 people, but it messes with the stats and requires crazy bandwidth

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

MooCowlian posted:

Can I confirm how the boss fight works? You shoot him, he changes colour and is then invincible until he grabs and heals. After 3 heals you can kill him properly. Is this right? I'm with a group of pubbies who are so convinced you shouldn't ever be grabbed that I'm beginning to doubt myself.

All of that, plus he is invincible during the time when he is chasing you down for a person to leech off of. So you are just wasting ammo by kiting him during that

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I assume that the smoke grenades are supposed to be a signal to stop shooting him, but honestly there aren't many situations in this game that aren't solved by pouring lead into them so it might even take some sort of boss Stat sheet to communicate the phases

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Made a group for ~Goon Squad~

Join if you would like

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/KFGoonSquad

Will leave it open public for a while then close to keep out pubbies

E. Reinstalling to try and get server relisted with new update We live again!

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 25, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Tanreall posted:

Did the address of your server change when you reinstalled to get it relisted? I don't even get the server at capacity pop up when attempting to join.

Odd, it repopulated the server browser fine...

173.199.89.138:7777 is the IP

E. I'm a dummy, I used my post history to get the IP and put the old one in.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

UltraVariant posted:

I'll join later tonight. Been looking forward to playing with goons. What difficulty is the server?

Hard 10 wave. Full right now but might open later

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Insert name here posted:

Is there any way to add servers to your favourites without finding them in the server browser? I played on DreamShipWrecked's server for a bit but it doesn't show up in my history to add and I didn't see a way to do it while on the ready up screen.

If you select it in the server browser master list you can view the server details, then hit the star on that window to favorite.

It is kinda obtuse, but you should be able to find it easy enough due to the tildes

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Haven't been on lately due to other things (GTAV mostly, honestly), doing a restart of ~Goon Squad~ while it's empty so it is relisted post-patch for the weekend. Should be back up in an hour.

♥ Dream

E. We're back!

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 1, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

I hope martial artist gets the fireaxe back, loved that thing.

Probably not, IIRC the Martial Artist is going to be more light fast weapons versus the Zerker's heavy weapons

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Psa: ~Goon Squad~ is going to be moving hosts when it times down from its current setup on Gameservers, one month after the beta launch. Having too many issues. So it will be briefly down then, but hopefully not as much of a cluster gently caress after.

Kek

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Alteisen posted:

If you do the parry perfectly you don't lose health, if not you lose a little bit, like 3 health on a non zerker class.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I think the only map that I use the flashlight on is the subway of Burning Paris.

Compare that to KF1, where even Farm needed it sometimes

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Ramsus posted:

Suicidal is too easy for a leveled team, not very exciting to play.

Look at dis guy

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Broose posted:

Why won't they just fiddle with the numbers on the semi-auto shotgun, or any gun for that matter? It's like they are waiting to bundle it with something else for no good reason.

They're already trying to shove things out the door without causing people's processors to melt from unexpected bugs; since it's not an adversarial MP game I would think balance is low on their priorities

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Aren't they separated by utility though? The pump action/double barrel being more of a street sweeper (unless you jam the dB in a scrake's mouth, of course) while the combat shotgun/AA are more the "keep loaded on the side and magdump into fleshpounds" types

That is how I treat them, at least

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Numlock posted:

I agree with you 100%

But I have met people who enjoy grinds (those poor broken souls), their reasoning boiling down to that it makes them feel like they accomplished something.

It really depends on the kind of grind. Killing Floor is the "bad" kind of grind, where as you level up you get straight upgrades that are required at upper levels. Compare that to something like Team Fortress 2 where you "grind" for new weapons, but they more serve to expand your utility and act as side-grades because the default stuff is just as good.

I guess CoD and BF are kind of a "soft" in-between where you do actually unlock stuff that are required to play well, but they are mostly gadgets that unlock quickly that make the difference rather than the six thousand nearly identical guns.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Libertine posted:

I agree with everything you've said, but I've sunk 10x more hours into KF1/2 than LFD1/2 so I'm not sure. I guess I'm easily manipulated by grinding games.

I mean, that is why they do it. We humans are very easily manipulated by that PING LEVEL UP that so many games have

Why do you think MMOs are such A Thing?

E. Tripwire Devs reading this thread, I know that you can't give us an idea of when a wipe might come, but could you say the pattern for it? Would it be after a gamebreaking bug or the like; or are you planning on doing it after every major content push?

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 9, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Azran posted:

The only hiccup I get is whenever I buy a new weapon and it's immediately equipped.

As in it freezes up? That might be a server-side thing, at launch we were having issues on ~Goon Squad~ where it would crash during the trading break while people were buying guns.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

How do I join the goon server? I used the console open command, but it says it requires a password and I don't know where to put one in.

A window should pop up asking you for the password when you open it

E. Just find us on the server browser, sort by top so the tildes are shown first.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

az posted:

Most likely they are unpatched.

Just reloaded ~goon squad~, hopefully works for everyone now.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I tried and liked VS mode, but the zeds feel really anemic to me unless you are playing Bloater. L4D's versus mode was really built around teamwork because all of the zeds were able to either hold someone in place or drag them out of the group somehow. Here it is no big deal to just hole up in a corner, then as a zed your only choice is to run into the mass and hope for the best.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Just saw that and was going to message him but apparently he got there first. Sucks that he had to go actually post and explain how he can be a grumpy old man here. Hopefully he doesn't get any blowback

E. I'm kind of confused how a random non-goon could even find him here, unless it's some hard core lurker

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Coolguye posted:

The point is though, you would be amazed how many people still give a crap about this dead-rear end comedy forum in TYOOL 2016.

That is probably what surprises me most, that people even know we exist enough to lurk on his posts. Oh well, hopefully nothing will come of it other than the normal reddit salt

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Mega Comrade posted:

Cool I'll wait then, cheers for being honest. I'll look in on the game again in 6 months.

Just FYI, a lot of free weekend games just get automatically put into your library, it will not show up on the store page.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I hope that I one day have the mental fortitude of a video game community manager.

The patch has been out for just a few days. I am sure they will tune it back down to what people want. And then people will complain that it is too easy on the harder difficulties, 2/10 metacritic

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Technically they do have a community manager, but only one.

E. Off their staff page

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Free is free, all it costs is bandwidth and time.

I was hoping to give the game another shot this weekend, hopefully the people I play with aren't completely toxic.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

alg posted:

Wow, sending a message via reviews works.

Assuming the reviews all get updated and the score isn't tanked forever

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Alteisen posted:

I'm curious how the game will do on consoles, also curious if they'll keep both versions up to date.

I would imagine that they will have to stagger updates somewhat, since consoles are so, so much harder to push patches on compared to Steam.

Or they could hold back stuff on PC to make it synchronized, but that would be lovely.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Internet Explorer posted:

You're right. I've changed my mind. Getting slaughtered by a boss that's been completely unbalanced for a year is way more fun.

At least it is an end though. To his point, a single long match of KF can already go on for 40 minutes. Half of the time I'm glad if the guy kills me because I'm just getting bored after a certain point. Endless waves would just get you tired more than excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Bilal posted:

It's really stupid to assume that the the players should only win some of the time. The point of playing videogames is to win. Nobody who has any grasp of fun wants to play a videogame where they're going to lose most of the time. By current Killing Floor logic, every few minutes there should be a lightning strike that instakills one player at random. Hardcore Challenge. Imagine how rewarding it'll be to win a round then.

It makes sense for pvp multiplayer games because if you are constantly winning then you need to play better human opponents. But a coop game? Nah.