Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
If this makes it out of beta it's really going to make me glad I never play above Hard and usually just play on Normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Theta Zero posted:

Not sure what you're talking about. I do know that blocking takes a bit longer to do now, but it was always definitely worth blocking with your knife, especially on Suicidal where you can die in two hits from a Fleshpound or a boss otherwise. It also knocked you away so you can run to safety as well.

The game's much, much easier now with the upgrading system. Most people I see complaining are whining that they don't have self control and splurge on upgrading guns rather than buy the ammo they actually need or dying with their $4K weapon. An upgrade grenade pistol functions like a handheld rocket launcher, and a fully upgraded rocket launcher absolutely destroys bosses now. Anybody who says that the universal nerf to tier 3 weapons made the game harder either hasn't actually played the beta yet or is completely oblivious that their upgraded pistol now kills Husks in two headshots.

I do like the people who complain that I or other people decided to prestige. After about four games I'm already level 15 with the bonus XP. It's not like it affects them, anyway.

To be fair I am a console player

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Turd Herder posted:

So this is kind of like a COD zombie survival but better balance and more zeds?

And what is the point of winning. Do they do loot boxes or experience?

Some additional pieces of advice;

Please take every perk through the tutorial once, as you get a free level for doing so

The correlations between the difficulty levels and their recommended level ranges actually does matter somewhat, especially for Suicidal and Hell On Earth

Support, Medic, Demolitionist, and Berzerker I'd most recommend to a beginner as the perks to initially focus on

Please don't use a perk if someone else on your team is using it(especially if that perk is a Gunslinger, Sharpshooter, Survivalist, or Firebug)

If you're playing on a console version than Gunslinger and Sharpshooter will be a fair amount harder to use

Survivalist can be fun to use, but if your team is lacking a Support, Medic, or Demolitionist than you should probably pick one of those instead

Most flame based weapons in the game can create something called a ground fire, so for many of them(especially for the Caulk'N'Burn and the Flamethrower) you'll want to be aiming towards the ground when using them rather than the head or torso

For the first wave or two(especially on the lower difficulties) you'll be mostly wanting to be using either your knife or 9mm pistol to kill enemies as most of the enemies in those waves are really weak, so you'll make more money that way

If you have the room and money for it a Medic Pistol is always a good idea for any perk

Try to stay relatively close to the rest of your team

Don't bother with welding doors unless you are a Support or Demolitionist, unless someone playing as one of those perks asks you to help them weld a door shut

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Nah, people should play what they want. I mean sure, if your team is clearly missing a core perk (mainly Medic), you should consider being a cool dude and doing that. But a couple of Gunslingers or whatever is fine provided you can click the mans. And I'm definitely not going to complain about an extra Berserker Support or something.

If the rest of the team is fine with it sure, but suboptimal team layouts often lead to frustration and failure

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Vakal posted:

The alt fire of the Doomstick is amazing.

I still need to try it, only used the fists so far(which are pretty great)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Mans posted:

lmao if you think 4 supports and 2 medics don't wipe out everything

That's kinda the opposite problem with being too optimal, and thus boring

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Marogareh posted:

I need this update to come out on consoles already so I can punch zeds forever.

It's been out like 2 weeks

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nice that we keep getting new weapons, I just wish we could get some more Tier 1 and 2 weapons, most of the new ones we've gotten have been 3 & 4

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Anyone else have an issue with the sound randomly cutting out mid game?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Abandoned Toaster posted:

This latest Gary Busey map seems one of the worst yet. Infinite waves have never been appreciated and they sure aren't now. Lin fought a Suicidal 7 wave for an hour before I convinced her to throw and then she decided to go to bed so...

I blame Tripwire for this.

Maybe it's because I only play on Normal & Hard, but I've had no issues with that map outside the fact that Rioters almost never seem to spawn on it, and Fleshpounds are pretty rare on it too

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Would be kinda fun if they made the class revolve around setting traps, as that's an aspect of the game that is sorely underused

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Is it just me or does it feel like the difficulty suddenly ramped up on Hard recently, like it kinda feels like something went screwy and switched things to Suicidal(like Zeds are being a LOT more aggresive and heavier in dealing damage than they should be on Hard), it's been like this since they ended the Halloween stuff

On PS4 if that matters

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Theta Zero posted:

They did in fact make zeds harder on hard and suicidal. Conversely, I believe they made them easier on hell on earth. Easy is unchanged.

Definitely wasn't a good idea

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Mystic Stylez posted:

Anybody here still plays this regularly? I picked this up recently and think it's tons of fun, so I'm looking for people to play with but I'm loving terrible and would most likely have bad ping.

Due to the recent changes they made to the game's difficulty(they made Hard difficulty a lot harder than it used to be), I've pretty much dropped the game and the odds are kinda low that I'll be coming back

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Honestly I'd say just get rid of weight increases entirely, it's a pretty bad idea

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

As far as I can tell sometime around the event last summer they ramped up the difficulty for the entire game to the point where it honestly just stopped being fun anymore

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

Specifically they made Hard difficulty required for the seasonal goals and pumped up its difficulty. I do not understand why.

Yeah Hard used to be a reasonable challenge, now it's just not fun at all to play, and normal is just too easy

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Just getting back into this game. Last played a whiiiile ago. Judging by my perk levels, pre-Survivalist. Is the Field Medic meta still LLLLL 401/101, with a potential DBS? Does having more weight slow you down, or is that just my imagination?

I like the desert section and wish it had its own map, it's got a real Serious Sam vibe that I absolutely dig (though it could use some doors), but yeah, it's mostly garbage.

I like to go right on the one that gives you increased reload and running speed as the left side one is the least essential one, and yes more weight slows you down

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Good Lord almighty they really need to nerf Matriarch she is ridiculously overtuned, like even on just Hard it's basically a given much of the time that you're gonna wipe on her, between her lightning & plasma attacks being way too strong(basically able to drop someone almost instantly even if they have full health and armor), her having ludicrous amounts of health(not to mention being way faster than she has any right being), and her whole gimmick of summoning ludicrous amounts of EDARS she is just not fun at all to fight

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

girl dick energy posted:

1) Try to make sure you always have something to hide behind or loop around. She takes after her father and has a big wind-up, visually and audibly, before she unleashes either ranged attack. Surviving plasma, especially, is about breaking LOS as soon as possible. 90% of the time on Hard and Suicidal, the people I see getting whomped are caught out in the open.
2) If you have a team and even a little bit of coordination, have someone on dedicated EDAR duty. Support are great for this, because EDARs have their weak point in the torso, not the head, so a Support with a good shotgun can clear them out quick by just aiming for center mass. Berserkers are also good for this, because they do not want to be close to her before the arm cannon is off. (Hell, even once it is, staying up close can be a dicey proposition.) If you're solo or working with uncooperative pubbies, just focus on EDARs yourself and stay out of Matriarch's way, kiting her around short loops, etc.
3) Focus on blowing off her arm cannon when you do attack her, then do the opposite of what you did before, and get out in the open. She's scary in melee, but not dangerous. Her sonic and electricity attacks again have big visual and audio wind-up so you have time to back off. And if she grabs you with her tentacle, as long as she whacks you while you have open space behind you, she'll actually send you pretty far away from her, more than far enough to book it and reload/heal.

TL;DR: Stop standing in the plasma.

To be frank most maps have little to no good cover to hide from that drat thing, she's just a badly made boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I mean if they went to the trouble of ousting him as CEO I imagine they're going to try and get rid of him as a co-owner too