Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Holy poo poo I am so goddamn hype for tomorrow, I am going to play straight till I have to go to work. This is gonna be the best birthday present ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Figured I'd post here before I went to sleep to see if anyone else had a similar problem: Got the game installed as soon as it dropped, hopped onto a server to play and everything was going fantastic! Had tons of fun, we wiped on the boss every time cause we're a bunch of dumbo level 0 perks still getting used to the game.

The problem started after about the second or third map. Suddenly mid round, I started getting massive audio feedback that would only occur during the round when zeds were still spawning. It kind of sounded like a couple different sirens screaming all just slightly out of time, with various other noises mixed in to create a screeching hellmix of sounds that literally had me taking off my headset. People talking on voice chat in game came through fine, and as soon as the round ended the horrible noise stopped, but it would always come back as soon as the round started unless it was the boss wave.

I had all my video settings set to low, maybe something in there caused it, I'll need to try again tomorrow to see if it crops up once more with the same settings and then mess around to see if different quality settings fix it or not. Can't really understand why video settings would cause that to happen though, very weird.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Got to finally play some more today after a busy work weekend, and still having a blast with this game. I kind of wish doors didn't have a finite health bar because I really enjoy being able to control where a zeds come from in a wave, and the eventual destruction of all doors after you've carefully made sure to unweld a door just before zeds break it so you can reweld it afterward really gets me down.

Also the clot grab should stay in just for the fact that one close enough to start the grab but not finish initiating it forces your view upwards and spins it around rapidly. On a serious note, it was very disorienting and also probably not intended, it legit got me killed because I couldn't kill anything around me and basically had no idea what was going on.

Also gently caress crawlers, if 4 get you trapped againest a wall you can actually die to them if you're a support who needs to reload.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Gromit posted:

So bashing them with the butt of your gun doesn't work?

I will freely admit I was panicking a bit because I was trying to get free to help my team with the double fleshpounds. Also I find it kind of difficult to melee bash crawlers if they're right at your feet, especially if it's more then one and they're rapidly clawing you to death.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I honestly kind of wish Tripwire would accelerate XP gain during EA, especially if they plan on doing multiple resets. I love the game and I'd love to be able to play with the higher level perks and give feedback on them, but it's just such a time investment when you've got loads of other poo poo to take care of irl.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Eonwe posted:

solution to that: gently caress everyone weld whatever doors you want

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Questioner86 posted:

Things are cranking right along and Yoshiro will continue to drop information as soon as he can.

Things are busy for the whole QA department and the company as a whole. While we're doing our thing some people have moved onto work for the next update and some people are iterating on content Incinerate & Detonate. Performance optimizations, tweaks based on internal playtest data, refinements and bug fixes are still rolling in but soon we'll start slowing down the checkins to only critical fixes and start getting the build ready for the public. I showed off some of the new features to some friends I had over at my house this weekend and seeing their reactions got me really excited for you all to see the new content. Hopefully you'll think it was worth the wait once you get a chance to see all the cool new stuff.

edit: Just kidding, I'm actually dead and I'm taking the source code with me to the grave.

please continue to gently caress with dorkasaurus as much as you can tia.

Also I'm super excited that demo is finally gonna be in, can't wait to see all the hard work you guys put in in action!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Honestly I wish they came back every wave, it really feels like Tripwire has done a pretty great job on ensuring there aren't too many places that you can hold out forever in complete safety, and the couple of areas on various maps that have a door you can lock down to give you some breathing room don't last particularly long once said door is gone forever. The whole 'eventually a door will break no matter what' is cool and good and is a nice measure to prevent the sort of camping that happened in the first game, but without the doors respawning it basically tanks that kind of strategy completely.

Sometimes I just want to sit around and shoot down a corridor without having to worry about that door protecting our flank eventually being gone forever.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Zomborgon posted:

I find that other environmental effects are much more dangerous than a lack of doors. The catacombs map has a few good hold-out spots, but the steady decrease in light sources can be really bad for spotting zeds. Firebug flares are pretty great for help with that problem, but otherwise, it's time to move on to the next spot.

I do agree with this, lack of lights can really gently caress you over if you aren't someone who uses a weapon with a flashlight on it primarily, or have nigh vision. Can't tell you the number of times I have blindly fired at the groud as a Demo in catacombs desperately trying to kill some practically invisible crawlers that are gnawing my ankles off. It's genuinly cool that Tripwire has made such a mundane thing as lights being broken have such a powerful effect. Still wish doors came back, or at least regenerated their overall health each wave.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

This may simple be confirmation bias and not having a buddy commando that can call out how much damage I've actually done, but I've always felt the best use of RPGs is to shoot it into a massive group of trash around an FP or Scrake to clear it out so my pubbie team can focus on them better. I've put multiple rockets into a Fleshpound's weakspot before and it just never feels like it's doing a ton of damage. They don't stagger or anything, and C4 is kind of tough to throw on them if they decide to focus on you, mostly cause you aren't getting away from them fast enough to not blow yourself up.

I'm pretty sure I'm just crazy, but that's kind of what it feels like. I'd rather toss a rocket into a big group with the big bad as the main target, maybe throw a stick of dynamite and then just focus on keeping whoever is tanking the fleshpound/scrake at fullish health with my medic pistol.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Just got out of playing some tonight and staring at the Demolitions level up panel and... my problem with the class is it's level ups are entirely unexciting. Every 5 levels you get one more ammo for all your perk weapons... but not your grenades, oh well! Also you do a bit more damage and become less likely to blow yourself completely to pieces.

Perkwise a lot of its perks are uninspired or extremely niche in use until you get to level 25 where Nuke is. There is also little choice between what is the best to take at most break points, or both perks are so uninteresting/useless you just pick whichever you prefer. Unstable Dynamite is so good why bother with giving everyone else on your team a single grenade? You explode when you almost die or you take marginally less (explosive?) damage and sometimes your teammates get that too. Siren Resistence is unquestionable and if you put it on a tier with anything else you're going to ignore the other perk because gently caress Sirens. Off-Perk, On-Perk: do 10% more damage with other perks weapons (takes away from using class weapons) or you stumble things harder, not particularly interesting.

And then you get Nuke, and by god I can't wait to try out Nuke. What's the other Zed time perk? I can't even remember now, but it doesn't sound as cool as Nuke.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ruggington posted:

on-perk lets you stun fp's with on contact grenades

this is cool and good then, even if the description is kind of uninteresting.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

What would be really cool for Off Perk would be instead of doing 10% more damage, instead all the bullets become mini-explosives. Why yes I do want a shotgun/assault rifle that shoots explosive bullets at things things! :getin:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

On the other hand, having to pull out your pistol as any class because crawlers are gnawing your legs off in the dark is a death sentence if there are any big bads around, or if you accidentally fat finger your flashlight button and slowly pull out your pistol as a scrake chainsaws your face.

I think it's cool and good and will be a great addition to the feel of the game.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Anyone down to play some KF2 as a group today? I'll be hanging out in the Killing Floor LFG room on the CTS mumble.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026910260/ My steam profile for shooting friend invites.

Is it that time again already? (never change dorkasaurus)

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Inside Out Mom posted:

I'll probably be around later tonight. I'll add you when I get home.

Bollocks, I'll only be free til 5 est today. Got the closing shift tonight, will be around a bunch this week though.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Azran posted:

I really hope that's not the case because I want a reworked Demo :v:

I feel like Demo is pretty great aside from a couple of perk choices and a lack of cool scaling things to go with level wise, and how crappy the weapon scaling feels...

Yeah okay rework Demo a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I'd be curious if it was 'you can keep firing despite your clip being empty but you drain your backup ammo' or 'you stop using ammo altogether while you fire'.

Also I think it's actually a tough choice between the two, especially if you have the perk that lets you instantly switch between weapons if you empty them instead of reloading. With Fanfare you could probably instantly dump 4 akimbo guns worth of ammo into a Scrake or FP's head during zed time which sounds like an absurd amount of damage to me. Alternatively you take Uber Ammo and just kill a bunch of zeds for free during zed time.