Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Knifegrab posted:

Even with the bonus's to syringes it still seems like darts are far superior.

They are. Especially once you get the rifle, then there's really no reason to ever pull out the syringe for allies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Personally I want a variable to change that makes shell casings and empty mags stick around on the floor longer. Like it'd be pretty cool to see where people were standing during the wave based solely on where all the casings and magazines are resting.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I start to slow down around 100ish on my 770, though I have a lot of things turned up too. I might need to experiment because that screenshot is amazing.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Taffer posted:

They are. Especially once you get the rifle, then there's really no reason to ever pull out the syringe for allies.

I think if they gave medics a context sensitive button press (E) for allies to quick heal them similar to how we can quick heal ourselves, I would use the syringe more often. Also don't let darts stack and make them heal less, so they are constant ways to "top off" allies but not good to use when they NEED HEALTH NOW.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Knifegrab posted:

I think if they gave medics a context sensitive button press (E) for allies to quick heal them similar to how we can quick heal ourselves, I would use the syringe more often. Also don't let darts stack and make them heal less, so they are constant ways to "top off" allies but not good to use when they NEED HEALTH NOW.

You are gonna walk through that gas cloud with your needle out to heal people? You are kind man.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I can't stress how much a quick switch button would be awesome for you guys to add

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

ShadowMar posted:

I don't care how many times someone's pointed this out, the clot walk animation is loving fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzbnfUWeLLo (if you are at work or some poo poo watch the volume)

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Just making sure my sound settings aren't screwed. Are zeds supposed to not have footsteps?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Somebody on Reddit found how the stumbling mechanics work. It's what you'd expect, more damage is positively correlated to more stumble, but it's got some raw data in it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/33qijy/killing_floor_2_zed_hit_and_stumble_mechanics/

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Randler posted:

Just making sure my sound settings aren't screwed. Are zeds supposed to not have footsteps?

I don't think so but they all have distinct sound cues

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Ruggington posted:

I don't think so but they all have distinct sound cues

They do but it's definitely really quiet. In KF1 you could easily hear something coming up behind you regardless of type, unless you were blasting away with an auto shotty or something. In KF2 you can barely hear them even if you're only plinking away slowly with the pistol.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Opposing Farce posted:

I could've sworn I noticed my darts recharging considerably faster when I was actually on Medic, but I wasn't necessarily paying that much attention so I could be wrong. It seems kind of lame if it's just the syringe, though, since that thing's hard enough to use in combat that the darts are pretty much always superior even if they don't benefit from the perk bonus.

To be honest I'm just going off the descriptions so I could be completely wrong. Perk says syringe and the only syringe the medic has is the physical one as opposed to the darts referenced on the weapons.

Personally I haven't really noticed a difference with the darts, but that could just be as the syringe has the more visible icon and I focus more on that.

If it does increase darts too maybe I'm just not noticing it, as presumably they'll increase "in-step" across the board so as the Syringe remains the most potent I'm not paying attention that the darts are actually getting better!?

Whittle fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 27, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Randler posted:

They have sound cues, clots make like gurgling noises, gorefasts slide their blade across the ground, stalkers sort of whisper, don't think Ive heard bloats, sirens or husks make any, scrake should be obvious(chainsaw noise) and he has thudding footsteps, the FP is dainty by comparison.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
If they want me to use the syringe mid-combat, they need to make it a lot easier to use on a moving target. Anyone who needs it is probably desperately strafing around and/or my "helpful" syringe is just going to mean I bodyblock them in to eat the damage anyhow. I never felt like the KF1 syringe was tricky to use on moving targets, but I really struggle with the KF2 syringe.

Also, totally anecdotally, but I could swear my darts recharge a lot faster as a medic too.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Whittle posted:

To be honest I'm just going off the descriptions so I could be completely wrong. Perk says syringe and the only syringe the medic has is the physical one as opposed to the darts referenced on the weapons.

Personally I haven't really noticed a difference with the darts, but that could just be as the syringe has the more visible icon and I focus more on that.

If it does increase darts too maybe I'm just not noticing it, as presumably they'll increase "in-step" across the board so as the Syringe remains the most potent I'm not paying attention that the darts are actually getting better!?

The darts get the potency/armor repair bonuses, but the recharge rate is based on the weapons, and does not increase with medic level. That affects the syringe only.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Every gun has a separate recharge though, so you can shoot a couple from your pistol and switch to the smg and have more darts to shoot.

Unfortunately the trick from KF1 of throwing your weapon down and picking it back up to instantly recharge the darts doesn't work, but with weapon swapping you should hopefully have enough darts for everyone!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I just went through a 10-round game with a medic who did not know that the medic guns have heal darts. Even after I told him twice to try the secondary fire, he still stuck with healing only through the syringe and healing grenades. The kicker: He was level 9. :psyduck:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

If they want me to use the syringe mid-combat, they need to make it a lot easier to use on a moving target. Anyone who needs it is probably desperately strafing around and/or my "helpful" syringe is just going to mean I bodyblock them in to eat the damage anyhow. I never felt like the KF1 syringe was tricky to use on moving targets, but I really struggle with the KF2 syringe.

Also, totally anecdotally, but I could swear my darts recharge a lot faster as a medic too.

It literally locks on now?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah in KF2 you just don't want to iron-sight at all when trying to heal, just aim from the hip and click when you hear the beep. Unless there's some corners involved you're probably gonna land the dart.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mmmm, tasty

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

They should add the ability to cancel a reload with a grenade throw. Too many times I've gotten unnecessary damage from being stuck in a situation where the reload animation would not stop and that could be easily solved with a grenade. :(

symbolic fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 27, 2015

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Theta Zero posted:

Somebody on Reddit found how the stumbling mechanics work. It's what you'd expect, more damage is positively correlated to more stumble, but it's got some raw data in it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/33qijy/killing_floor_2_zed_hit_and_stumble_mechanics/

Yup, confirms that the Nailgun is a stumbling machine - it's awesome.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Ruggington posted:

It literally locks on now?

Geight posted:

Yeah in KF2 you just don't want to iron-sight at all when trying to heal, just aim from the hip and click when you hear the beep. Unless there's some corners involved you're probably gonna land the dart.
He's talking about the syringe you dopes

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Bought the game earlier, loving owns and I love it.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

SaffronKit posted:

Also gently caress crawlers, if 4 get you trapped againest a wall you can actually die to them if you're a support who needs to reload.

So bashing them with the butt of your gun doesn't work?

Ravenfood posted:

Yeah, I've pretty much given up trying to use the syringe on others unless it's between waves or otherwise really quiet. If someone is moving it's next to impossible to hit them with it. As you say, in KF1 it was trivial.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Insert name here posted:

Oh yeah that thing is actually super unwieldy and I don't use it at all either. :shobon: My bad.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Insert name here posted:

I'm not wasting my precious life blood on anyone but myself

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Here's a thought: tap Q to heal yourself, hold Q to equip the syringe / heal others. Make it behave like doors and the welder, essentially.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Eonwe posted:

have they said anything about future perks? I think there were supposed to be 10 eventually. The 4 in game now, Demo, Firebug, and????

i heard you're really good at handling bloats b/c of your wife c/d?

also yeah i want them to do something with crawlers cause they're not fun and have never been fun

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Crawlers are what firebugs specialize in. They even get bonus exp from killing them!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Gromit posted:

So bashing them with the butt of your gun doesn't work?

It does, if I have the choice between eating a hit and getting into the open or backing into a corner, i'll bash a crawler in the face and run past the rest.

On another note, managed to line up that double barrel headshot on the scrake, only to have a clot grab me and have me shoot the fucker in the shoulder instead. It wiped us. GG clot.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I had an idea regarding doors:

Make the color of the welding goo indicate how hosed the integrity of the door is. I realize that it already has an overlay on the door but I think this would be a nice detail.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Fina posted:

Make the color of the welding goo indicate how hosed the integrity of the door is. I realize that it already has an overlay on the door but I think this would be a nice detail.

not bad to make it more immediately recognizable at a distance that a door is gonna get hosed up

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Also make it easier to read names because the display over players' heads is tiny and impossible to read at a glance, which is bad when me and a friend are playing with a bunch of pubs and I can't find him

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Fina posted:

This is a really good idea actually and since the welding tool already uses magic goo properties it wouldn't even seem silly by KF's standards!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Carrying a Katana as a medic is a cool thing to do and lets you be a better berserker.

Or the Pulveriser if you're cool with just carrying the assault rifle, but then you miss out on the smg and glorious hanzo steal

Fina posted:

please steal this tripwire

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Fina posted:

I'd like that if the color order is reversed, blue's usually used in this game whenever something good is happening, and red is a warning.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Had a weird UI bug.

I was swapping between people as the wave was ending cause I had just gotten into the server and the stuff at the bottom wouldn't go away.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know if it's possible to swap in my own music in-game? The default music is loving garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FirstPersonShitter posted:

i heard you're really good at handling bloats b/c of your wife c/d?

also yeah i want them to do something with crawlers cause they're not fun and have never been fun

epic