Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Linx posted:

Can any resident gun nuts explain to me what the attachments next to the barrel of the AA-12 are that aren't flashlights?

One's probably a non working flashlight, the other is probably a nonworking laser. Keep in mind there are other gun models in the game that have no functionality to their attachments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think it's safe to say that since the game is in EA, ALL of the perks/skills could use a complete overhaul and reworking.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Cept for Zed Time, they said most of the weapons are hitscan too.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Section Z posted:

If they made the Husks taunt you in game as they take shots from spawn ledges, I would be totally cool with it yes.

I think when they go into suicide mode, they should make an attempt to do it near you as opposed to just standing there. It does seem to kill you if you're close though, full health/armor or not.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ruggington posted:

I've definitely seen husks make a dead sprint for the nearest player before doing that

I guess I've just seen them get head popped before making an attempt to run at someone. I HAVE had one explode on me but that's because I was too busy dealing with everything else at the time to turn toward it. I didn't think the blast would kill me outright. Then I went SPLAT! with the husk.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DeusExMachinima posted:

JFC fix the zeds warping up railings and staircases Trip.

Agreed. The teleporting is a little crazy. I think it needs to be dialed down A LOT or removed entirely. Also, would it be possible to spawn an entire wave at once?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ramsus posted:

Some pretty suspect players that are level 25 that don't know wtf they're doing. Pretty obvious they power leveled on one those testmaps.

File editing is a thing, you know. They wouldn't have to necessarily grind.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Azran posted:

Questioner (or whoever else works at TW, really), are you guys planning to change the HP/Armor UI for friendlies? I love how slick the new UI looks, and then you look at a friendly and it's like you're back in KF1 :v: Seriously though, at least some degree of separation between the name and the bars would make it easier on the eyes.

The percentage number should display within the bar IMO. Or have a XX/XXX value.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ramsus posted:

That's actually not that hard. I've seen a lone medic do it in suicidal. Still haven't beat HOE yet :(. drat that wave 7/7 server shutdown! Now it seems I can't find an HOE game without some level 2 joining.

If you get a team assembled before hand, add me on Steam and let me know, I can set Goon Floor 2 to HoE for you guys.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alkydere posted:

See also: War Thunder (where they're common enough to earn a descriptor: Wehrabo)

That's really ANY WWII online game. I hear it's worse in World of Tanks.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alkydere posted:

Fair enough. I'm mostly familiar with the people who love GERMAN ENGINEERING way too much in War Thunder's tank game. I'm not familiar with the air game and have no idea how much worship the Luftwaffe gets, but goddamn do some pubbies get pissed when their Panzer gets popped (which I do all the time in my mobile AA trucks :v:)

German ground equipment was pretty poo poo from 1942 onwards. All those Krupp Steel retards don't know just how bad Germany had it logistically and materially. The best way to piss off Wehraboos is to present them with these facts, especially when they whine about their supposed ubermensch equipment getting bent over by Russian zerg produced material.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

watho posted:

Speaking of inferior equipment made with poor materials that people are convinced are amazing, how's the katana?

I just wanted to make that joke.

I know you're joking, but others don't know.

It's poo poo and avoid it. Katana and Flamethrower give you zero XP for kills.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Comrade Merf posted:

One of my buddies has Berzerker at level 25 and he swears by the Katana. I'm not really sure what benefits it provides over the Crovel but whatever.

Katana is nowhere near as good as it was in KF 1 and it takes more to do damage with. He may swear by it, but at 25 he can afford to because he doesn't need the xp. I'm not sure if damage boosts apply to offperk weapons cause the Katana isn't beserker anymore.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It's really satisfying setting poo poo on fire with the flame thrower too. Those pretty fire effects... You can light yourself on fire with it too.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rayjenkins posted:

Seems cool. So it'll never ever be considered. Cynicism aside, I do feel like the Commando is the oddball out of the current classes. The Medic has the healing weapons, the Support gets the big shooty bang-bangs, and the Berserker gets the cool melee toys and is a potential cockblock for the big zeds. The Commando just sees invisible zeds and sees enemy health? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Commando seems a bit underwhelming at the moment.

Have you not played KF1? The classes, except for Beserker really, pretty much retained their preincarnations.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rayjenkins posted:

I played it a fair amount. Tradition does not mean it shouldn't be changed. To be fair, I rarely if ever played commando much because I didn't find their talents to be particularly useful. Good thing I'm not in charge of development.

While I do agree with you on some level, and I do think the Commando could use some changing, it's role has always primarily been trash clearing. True, you don't see it a lot on the higher difficulties, and true it was a tedious bitch to level up in KF1, but I feel with just a few tweaks Commando would be a way solid class. It's just the fact of the matter is though that if they gave it stuff to rival Support, there'd be no point in taking anything else.

Yeah, just being able to see health and Stalkers sounds lame, but when you're right there in the middle of hell breaking loose, that poo poo kind of matters. The game will throw like seven Stalkers at a time at you now and they really are invisible this time. Commando can see them out past 20m away and with that perk selected, so can the rest of the team. It doesn't sound like much but when you're completely swarmed last thing you want is to let a zed get behind you that could have been easily prevented if you could just have seen the loving thing.

As for seeing health bars, there is literally no downside to being able to call out how close to dead Hans or a FP is. When we would get into running fights with Patriarch on KF 1, believe me it fuckin helped to know how much further we had to go until he was dead.

Overall though, yeah I think the Commando needs some serious buffs. It needs its recoil passives back, it needs a major perk overhaul ( they all do imo ), and it needs detonate on contact grenades. It'd also be nice if it got a slight movement speed bonus since if you're a Commando and Hans is focused on you, you are loving dead, hands down.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Stink gently caress Rob posted:

RO2 had a combination of an energy meter and a run button that always worked, but wasn't nearly as quick as the sprint, what about that?

The fact that you're comparing these two games makes me wonder if you're just trolling or plain retarded.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just wrote a semi:effort: post in the TWI forums regarding Commandos and some load out suggestions. Tell me what you guys think.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1394542&postcount=3

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The only way I see Night vision being useful is if they do maps as dark as they did in KF1. Even then, it was only a handful.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

But its 20% ammo!

For that one single gun that the berserker uses. :v:

I didn't even know the night vision used a battery, I thought it just replaced your flashlight and remained active all the time.

It does replace your flashlight, but it also drains the battery like woah.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DatonKallandor posted:

Recoil reduction passives suck. It leads to guns that are lovely for perks that don't get recoil reduction and way too good for the ones that do. Making Recoil a universal thing that applies to everyone equally was one of the best decisions they made for KF2.

Starting with better weapons when you're higher level was also dumb as poo poo. Thank god that's not in KF2.

Once again you show your horrible opinions and why literally no one likes you.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Athropos posted:

heres a horrible opinion, when is that game going to get updated with some content so we dont have to debate about balance for about 1/3 of the game?

You're also a literal retard, I see. Welcome to the Daton Klub.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=107954

quote:

Hello everyone! It has been an exciting week or so for us here at Tripwire HQ (and we hope for you as well!). We've been watching the project we've been working on for the past few years get played and enjoyed by thousands!

But there is much more to be done! To start we have been focusing on critical bugs and crashes (with more to be done here as we move forward). But now that we have cleared away a good chunk, we are also looking at "what is next?". And if there is one thing we've seen over the past few days, it is that everybody else wants to know the answer to that question as well.

To help with that we are planning to do an information update (What We Are Up To post) roughly every two weeks. In these posts we will be talking about the upcoming content drops. As part of this you will be seeing work in progress shots (pictures for sure and possibly moving pictures!) of new weapons, perks and maps (and perhaps a few extra surprises).

We hope to kick these off officially this upcoming week, so stay tuned! But also, lets not forget that you don't just need to wait on us! Some awesome mappers are already hard at work with some great new content for you to play right now! http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...d.php?t=107932 Be sure to check out these new maps and give the mappers feedback! And there are even more on the way!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Phrasing posted:

Would the office level from KF1 work in KF2? Probably not. I know it's too vertical and full of blind corners, but I liked that feeling of encroaching doom after your base falls apart and your team starts to move upstairs. With every floor you reach you have one less player.

Watching people take their chances and jump from the open window into the parking lot was hilarious as well.

Actually, a lot of players would just camp the roof the entire game and it was pretty effective.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shumagorath posted:

Fleshpounds definitely kill more players and are responsible for the majority of my deaths. Hans, on the other hand, is just the worst piece of game design I've seen since God of War's cuisinart hell.

Hans would be better if his MGs didn't instakill you practically.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, the KF1 Biotics Lab remake is insane. Especially when all the lights get destroyed.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shumagorath posted:

That's fair. As much as I want the AA-12 to liquefy Fleshpounds in a single mag it would be kind of unfair to have a class that can clear a hallway in a blink AND drop the big bad guys without problems. If they're weak to explosives and high damage per projectile weapons then everything will work out when the Sharpshooter and explosives class show up.

FP's have ALWAYS been weak to explosive damage. It's the Scrakes that barely take any damage from it, and consequently Scrakes are the ones everyone tosses all their nades at.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alkydere posted:

Probably because Scrakes seem a lot more willing to walk slowly into a pile of grenades. FPs tend to go into a blind rage within moments of seeing players and start running around.

You never played KF1, have you?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FaustianQ posted:

Was thinking a bit on what I'd like to see out of the Commando if the perks get revised.

Level 5
Call Out: Shares the Commandos ability to see health bars and cloaked enemies
OR
Tactician: Allows the Commando to activate ZED time once per round at will. Extra activation for every 10 levels (so level 25 can activate it 3 times)

Level 10
Large Mags: 50% magazine size increase
OR
Coordinate: During ZED time, increase teammates reload speed by 50%

Level 15
Professional: 25% flat damage increase for semiautomatic fire and weapons
OR
Withering Fire: 20% damage and firerate increase during ZED time, includes teammates within 10m

Level 20
Tactical Reload: Faster reloads
OR
Designated Target: During ZED time, attempting to use Tactician will mark a target instead. Marked targets take 400% more damage. Usage of Designated Target uses up a ZED time activation.

Level 25
High Speed: Increases the speed of all actions performed (reload, melee, walking, running, etc) by 15%
OR
Low Drag: During ZED time, teammates move as if normal time.

Trying to strike a contrast between choosing personal benefits that apply all the time, or specializing into ZED time and thus teamplay. I don't think the balance between the skills is anywhere it needs to be, and Tactical Reload feels weak for Level 20.

All your suggestions would literally turn the Commando into the least played perk again. No one is going to pick a class that fucks themselves over unless you already have a pre-set group you normally play with. Most people don't have that.

I still also think ZED time perks in of themselves are lame and/or dumb.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FaustianQ posted:

Commando gets all the benefits of ZED time perks as much as his team, how does this gently caress him over? I take you think ZED time as a mechanic is dumb?

Yea, even in KF 1 I never really liked ZED time. I can see appeal since Max Payne made such a mechanic popular, but all in all I think zed time is super janky an severely fucks with your flow.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

not seeing the resemblance to KF1 ganjafarm

quote:

I never played KF1, but I played a ganjafarm remake or something in kf2 and it was completely awful. Like, not even ironically funny, it was just flat out awful. So does that make it a bad remake or true to source?

Bad remake. The remake is loving huge. The main reason ganja farm worked in the original is because it exploited the welding mechanic. Doors were technically invincible until you let the weld fail.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

From a Payday 2 Announcement:

Ugh, I really hope TWI doesn't poo poo up the game with Payday crap.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

They probably won't. In Killing Floor 2, the worst they did with promotional stuff was just have a crossover character who looked mildly out of place, and that was just the Pyro. All other promotional characters managed to fit in decently. Payday 2 is kind of the same, they'll probably just have a bunch of masks or patterns, or make a heist like the Hotline Miami heist where it's still distinctly in the Payday 2 style but with clear references to the game. That is if they even do anything at all.

Pyro guy was only out of place if you didn't play as Firebug and use him.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The only benefit I could see to a cross over is playing as Not Keanu Reeves in KF 2.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Whale Cancer posted:

I want Zerkers to not slow down at all during Zedtime. That would be a hell of a perk

It's a Lv. 25 Commando perk to do that. I still think it's dumb.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Call Out is really useful actually since as the waves get on, the Stalkers attack in bigger and bigger groups. I've never had anyone complain about me bringing it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gromit posted:

Play the BioticsLab2009 map and camp in the spawn area. That main corridor ahead of you quickly becomes a scary red tunnel of foreboding.

The entire map can get like that too. I think it's the best of the mod ones so far.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DarklyDreaming posted:

Just played Manor, it is indeed perfect in every way.

One thing I noticed, this sunroof:

I am 90% sure it's a symbol that was associated with the SS in some way, because I may have seen it in some WW2 documentary ages ago. If I'm right that's a nice touch. If some more historically inclined goon corrects me I suppose it's just a nice looking sunroof.

EDIT: Found it:It was on the floor of a castle Himmler liked

It's called the sunwheel/cross or solar cross or Odin' Cross. SS co-opted it like they did about 99% of their imagery.

"The Solar cross is probably the oldest religious symbol in the world, appearing in Asian, American, European, and Indian religious art from the dawn of history. Composed of a equal armed cross within a circle, it represents the solar calendar- the movements of the sun, marked by the solstices. Sometimes the equinoxes are marked as well, giving an eight armed wheel. The swastika is also a form of Solar cross.

The sun cross in its most simplified form (shown above) is known in Northern Europe as Odin’s cross, after the Chief God of the Norse pantheon. It is often used as an emblem by Asatruar, followers of the Norse religion. The word “cross” itself comes from the Old Norse word for this symbol: kros."

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

splifyphus posted:

So, this dosh collectathon is basically just an excuse for Tripwire to make us marvel at their mapmaking skills, right?

Actually, their holiday maps in KF 1 had the same scavenger hunt stuff. Just in KF1, you had to get a certain amount of holiday achievements to unlock whatever character they made for said event. Halloween was the Grim Reaper, Christmas was Santa obviously, their latest one was some lab assistant.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

Actually it was the patriarch's daughter.

She wears a lab coat so my point still stands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

Is the achievement team-based, like, if you pick up half and a teammate picks up half, do you both get the achievement? Or is it every individual player must pick up every single one.

Team based. You can even get it while spectating I think.