Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I've been saying it for weeks, because it's The Correct Opinion, but making the M4 weigh 4 units would instantly and totally fix it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

We already know they've got a caulking gun based firebug weapon, so adding the flamethrower and the trench gun, that means we're only getting one more fire weapon. I've been wondering what they'll fill the gap with, myself, since flare gun, Mac 10 and husk gun are all valid guesses.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Is there any hint of a release date for the Incinerate n' Detonate patch?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

From what I can make out on the Caulk 'n Burn, the canisters loaded into it are brake cleaner.

edit: or starter fluid

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 27, 2015

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

If you play Support regularly and you aren't already using a boomstick / AA12 / med pistol loadout as your go-to then you're hopeless, utterly hopeless

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Lemon Curdistan posted:

You still get the effects of levelling, it's just that instead of shotguns getting +25% penetration power per level, they get +5% but basic shotgun penetration is five times higher than it currently is.

These are my thoughts, too. The classes should start with bonuses equivalent to their current level 10ish, then gain the difference between that and maxed out over the 25 levels. It would make the classes not-awful to play at the start, make difficulty choices actually difficulty choices and not just you compensating for your own power creep, and reduce the temptation for newbies and dinguses to cheat thus resulting in fewer braindead 25s.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Kikas posted:

Let me just tell you that coming from Payday 2, a game that reduced leveling to a laughing matter over a lot of patches, to tell you this:
I come from PD2, too :sympathy:

I guess I'm saying that from the perspective of someone that's been tempted to go to a grind server and get my neglected perks to 10-15 so they can be of any practical use. But then I'm not really the type to do that in games anyways, and you're right, the type that would probably wouldn't care :sigh:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I don't think leveling should be in the game to begin with, but people love watching bars extend to the right and then reset so I guess we're stuck with it. It would be beneficial to people who aren't cheaters if the perks had more tooth to start regardless, though.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Ramsus posted:

What confuses me are the people that are against leveling being in the game, but label people that use perk leveling servers as cheaters.

I might not like the rules but I am honour-bound to follow them :angel:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I like the distributable talent point idea. I also wouldn't mind if the XP system was primarily focused on cosmetics. That way, people could be judged correctly: by their appearance.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Section Z posted:

Hey people who actually know things about guns. What's another cool strong not revolver aside from the Deagle? Revolvers are sweet and all but it feels like in videogames, outside of Deagle clones anything that isn't a revolver is default pea shooters by comparison.
They could get Bronson's old friend Wildey for a cameo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDl24PsqzdQ

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

LuciferMorningstar posted:

If it is the case that people have gotten frustrated with Hans and stopped playing, then the people who have played most recently are those who have the most experience, and thus might be more likely to win. Plausible, but it's just speculation.

This is me. I stopped playing around the Pyro/Demo update because ending every match on a lovely note made firing up the game seem extremely unappealing. I hear Pat is a lot more fun, but that still means ending every other round on a lovely note. I poke into this thread every so often to see if any meaningful changes have been made to Hans, but for now KF2 just gathers dust in my library :(

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Oh hey, the KF2 thread is blowing up, I wonder if they corrected the game's unforgivably lovely balance ye--
oh

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Kikas posted:

And here was a long part over here that was basically "LOOK AT WHAT OVERKILL IS DOING WITH PAYDAY 2", and do that. Because that game wasn't very fun - patched - was fun - patched - was a bit awkward to play - patched - is now loving AWESOME to blast heads with cool guns sporting cool masks listening to cool beats.

I wish Killing Floor 2 could be the cool game to blast zombies to bits while listening to sick guitar solos it seemed when I bought it. But every patch is a small step forward, and two steps to the side.

I wanted to note this, too. Overkill saw that the game balance was getting stagnant, so they overhauled everything to improve how many viable options were available to the players. It worked out great and got me playing a lot more after a long break.

Tripwire saw that the game balance was getting stagnant, so they overhauled everything to force players into specific roles with no room for overlap or redundancy. It's frankly stunning.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Have you guys watched much Kitchen Nightmares before? A scenario you'd see a lot on the show is failing restaurants with odd menus that have very limited appeal. The owners were always terrified to overhaul the menu because they were afraid of losing what tiny clientele they had left. The problem tends to be a focus on catering to the small group that stayed instead of the large group that left.

Don't know why I thought of that just now.

edit: :hfive: Plan Z

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Skoll posted:

Insurgency co op owns if you just wanna shootmans in a semi realistic tacticlol fashion.

Very true, and Insurgency is one of the few games I've ever played where the PvP and PvE modes are both distinctly different and equally awesome

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Mega Comrade posted:

So steam says the free weekend is live but I'm only given the option to buy it.

While I'm here though, what is the overall goon opinion on this game? I see a lot of moaning (but what goon game thread doesn't have that)

It's a potentially good game buried under increasingly awful design decisions. If you want a good barometer on how bad they hosed the dog, check the Steam reviews; specifically, compare the long-term reviews with the recent ones.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Yeah, I'm done. TWI clearly doesn't know what they're doing, and they're more interested in convincing themselves that they're right than making the game people want to play. This is genuinely embarrassing to watch.

If you poo poo on a plate and serve it to someone and they tell you they don't want it, scraping off some of it doesn't make it any less of a plate of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Jimbot posted:

Which weapons do you guys roll with when you play with the Gunslinger perks?

Akimbo 1911s, a lever-action, a grenade pistol, and either a medic pistol or akimbo Berettas depending on necessity. I'll swap the 1911s out for Desert Eagles during boss phases, sometimes sooner if I'm feeling in the mood.

I came back to this game recently after bouncing during the resistance debacle. A lot has improved, and I'm totally loving the cross class weapons - it really opens up a lot more variety.

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 28, 2017