Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Azran posted:

Hm, I wonder if they are adding only one perk because they are messing around with the other ones that are already in?

It was mentioned at the PAX panel by the devs that they originally had 3 perk classes that was going to be released Demo, Firebug and one other. But they benched one of them in favor of reworking the Berzerker. Perhaps this Gunslinger was what was benched and why its ready before the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

I've tried to push him away several times but the game either ports him right back at you or makes him heavier then a FP so he doesn't really go anywhere. Hans is still dumb.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

thejacob posted:

So I started leveling commando recently and while I have always seen a lot of "magdump a scar into big guys head" as the pro strat, how the hell does anyone do that? I know recoil reduction per level is a popular request/complaint here but even so it's not like any enemy in this game holds still at all. I know I am not great at the game but even 75% of a 20 round clip at five yards into a skrake is a really tall order outside of zed time.

Also on a similar note, I can't wait for sharp to get added for all the tears from kf1 proz getting murdered by zeds that don't march slowly in a straight line with no head bob. (And the xbow taking two hits)

Edit: and yeah I get my first mistake might just be leveling commando

With the SCAR or AK I usually aim at the zeds just below the jaw press down and then slide the mouse down to counter the recoil of it going up. Still have to do it in bursts of 10 rounds or so but I find that it lands most of the shots around the mouth/nose area.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I started up KF after being distracted by other games for a couple of months; to see what I missed. I like all the new weapons though the LAR seems a bit slow compared to the original. Had a good 10 wave match and even manage to kill Hans with only two other people. Was feeling pretty good and then I got a Horzine crate as a reward. I thought "Cool, lets see what I got." And then I was met with a message about not having keys and needing to buy one from the store. That immediately soured me on this whole game. Its still listed as Early Access but I've got to dish out more cash to get items. Could have at least made it free for now and then make the key needed after it exited EA. I'm willing to excuse the extended times it takes to perfect a patch but for some reason the notion of needing to drop another $2.49 + tax for keys on an incomplete game really rubs me the wrong way.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I guess what also has me worried is that if they're implementing a store system while still in EA for the game are they running out of money to keep developing the game. I'm pretty sure that's not the case but people already paid for the game and the store items seem like an IV bag to me. I'm not really faulting Tripwire for putting a paid rng gambling system in to their game; more so that they put it in when the game itself isn't really complete yet. Ended up just putting the crate up in the stores. The 5 cents will be my consolation prize for the digital box o goodies.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Tried playing again the past couple of days after stopping 6 months ago. The game is much better then it use to be. I'm not sure how I feel about the medic perk rework. Its the only class that I actually ground up to 25. On one hand I miss the ability to give armor. On the other hand venting musk during every start of zed time is pretty good for keeping team mates healed up close though I wish I got healed as well. The LAR feels much more like the KF1 LAR which is a plus. M14 is sort of meh and the railgun confuses me on how it functions.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

ClonedPickle posted:

The trick with the railgun is that as soon as you buy it (or pick it up, if you've thrown it down for some reason), you've gotta hit whatever alt-fire button you have bound to get it out of lock-on mode. The gun is only doing half damage in lock-on mode and is thus completely worthless outside of Normal difficulty, or if you're trying to hit a FP/Scrake that is heavily wounded but very pissed off, in which case something has already gone wrong. The railgun can one-shot Scrakes on at least Suicidal with the level 5 and 10 damage buffs and two-shot Fleshpounds. A capable Sharpshooter with a railgun should mean no one else on the team should bother with Scrakes beyond calling them out if the Sharp isn't looking that way.

Also, the zed time fart clouds that medics get is cool and good, but try to avoid standing next to teammates that need to aim carefully (when zed time hits, but that's random so welp) - for some reason Tripwire decided it would be a great idea for medic farts to violently shake the screen, turning Zed Time into Slow-Motion Aggravation Time.

I didn't realize that there was a damage difference with the railgun. Would make sense why I was killing things faster not using the lock on I guess. The medic musk aoe rocking people around is something I had no idea was happening. That's a terrible design choice. It makes it a punishment to get healed.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

ClonedPickle posted:

It sounds like Tripwire went "how do we make a 10th perk without making any new assets?"

Not Electricity Class/10

We already have that class. Its called Medic. I've been using it and off handing weapons since the start.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
So if Killing Floor 2 officially out of Early Access now? Or is that just for the PS4 release?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
That makes me even more upset about the Survivalist perk. Its basically the meet deadline perk. I wonder if player count for the PC will increase. I miss the 6+ player servers from KF1 where it was an army of 20 people against hordes of zeds and it would actually be a challenge as half the team would run out of ammo midway through.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

She Bangs the Drums posted:

you really need to hold a position in Farmhouse. Holding the top of the stairs or retreating to the outside balcony helps if you have a good team. You really cant go mobile on Farmhouse since its such a small map

I keep hoping for large player servers to pick Farmhouse because I want to see how 20-30 people handle a tiny map like that.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Psion posted:

trade you a battle-scarred woodland L85A1, the one I can't stop getting

Is the woodland print the pity reward because that's all I keep getting for all the rifles?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I find it odd that enrolling in the beta yields a 3 GB download but then if I want to go back to playing the open version I have to download another 1 GB of data. Does KF2 just overwrite its base install for the beta?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Skoll posted:

Crates being able to be broken down into crafting materials is a good compromise imo and shows TWI is at least listening on that regard. I'm going to pull one of my USBs off the market and see if those can be broken down as well.

E: Crates AND USBs can both be recycled for crafting materials.

This is great. I have so many of those crates and usb and don't really want to buy keys for them. Maybe I'll get something that isn't green colored.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Been playing on a 40 person Suicidal server and its been a blast. Once we get 20+ people on the server it becomes an all out non-stop fire fight. The new gorefiend though destroys us all. It just runs up to us and beyblades until people are dead. It plus a scrake can clean out 5 people before its put down. Having the multi weapon cross over live really helps on those kinds of maps.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

aniviron posted:

Going for the legs helps a lot.

But the fact that once they decide to spin like a top they can't be knocked out of it by any weapon makes them dumb. Even Scrakes and Fleshpounds can be interrupted during their attacks. I've had groups handle Scrakes and FP rushes on Hell on Earth just fine only to have a single gorefast spin its way to a four man kill.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Marogareh posted:

I have a level 21 sharpshooter and only now is when I learn that the railgun has an alt fire. I was wondering why it was so underwhelming and it was because the homing shots do 50% less damage :negative:

Even with manual mode engaged it still feels underpowered. Give me the AWP back so I can throw 1500 dosh bullets at things. New shotgun is nice. Scoped LAR is good and I hope it won't cost 10x times the LAR. Now give the Medic perk some alternate weapons, that is the one perk that doesn't really have any crossover weapons.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Theta Zero posted:

What.

Sharpshooter is my favorite class because of how downright overpowered it is. With every damage-boosting perks the railgun one-shots Scrakes and two-shots Fleshpounds on HoE. On the boss wave, if everybody gets the railgun it just melts the boss, whether it's Hans or Kevin, and I couldn't beat HoE solo as SWAT without just ditching my weapons and using the railgun off-perk because it does so much damage anyways. Sharpshooter is the best class solely because of the railgun and freeze grenades. The fact that they're buffing it in the next patch just blows my mind as to why.

I think my problem is that I play on 42 player servers on HoE. The Zeds get a big enough health boost that the railguns damage doesn't adjust well to the HP bloated Zeds due to the player count.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I use the pulverizer a lot since I can use its explosion to knock down Scrakes and FPs. Katana and Zwei are both good and fun to use and slice things up. Vlad feels a bit lack luster and I haven't really tried out the Eviscerator. Mace and shield is fun but I often times I feel like the mace doesn't connect where it should. Shield is fun and you can use the melee key to shield bash from a run and that will knock down zeds but its slower to parry.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I wonder if they'll ever add more class perks to the game. Now that they met the 10 class perks to launch I'm hoping they still work on a martial artist one and maybe more.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Propaganda Hour posted:

I think tap firing into the ground is still more effective, but I haven't tested it and even if it is, I feel like it doesn't really matter. The game is in a good place balance-wise.

On HoE for me its almost required. Tap firing at the ground with the ground fire perk is great a wiping down trash mobs and it'll go whole hog on Scrakes and FPs. I generally go CaulkNBurn and Flamethrower. Use the Caulk for trash stuff and switch to the Thrower for the heavier zeds. Ground fire perk is amazing right now. I usually aim just in front of their feet and that usually works in getting both them and the ground lit up.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Theta Zero posted:

Why wouldn't you use the microwave gun over the flamethrower? They added ground fire to it recently.

I feel like I get more use out of the ammo for the flamethrower then the microwave gun. More ammo and better control. Microwave Gun is still great with its backblast.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

limited posted:

It doesn't hurt it's much more fun just to lay down a burning swathe of napalm while laughing like a maniac rather than pew-pewing with a laser.

Granted it's a disgusting waste of ammo, but so satisfying. :unsmigghh:

I wish the ground fire perk applied to the molotovs so I could slam a bottle down in front of a horde and force them to wade through it. I'm always amazed how much use I get from the CaulkNBurn and ground fire even on HoE. It just melts trash zeds so well.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

To be fair, medics now have a homing dart and each medic weapon has its own supply. Also, anyone can use these weapons. Not saying you're wrong, it is a bitch to syringe someone, but it's pretty moot at this point.

What always bothered me about the medic in KF2 was healing others with the syringe. In KF1 it only took half your gauge to heal others and that promoted healing others over yourself. But in KF2 it consumes the full gauge.

Having level 25'd medic first it's a pretty well rounded class. Just wish it had more different weapons to play with.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

ClonedPickle posted:

Healing someone else with KF2's syringe has it recharge twice as fast compared to healing yourself with it. Also hitting other players with KF1's syringe sucked as well, fight me

Oh I completely agree that the syringe sucked in both versions. Its slightly better in KF2. I wish the knife could heal so I can just stab people to full health as a medic.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Psion posted:

that's what happens when your weapon does 20% damage to some zed types because of the 80% resists

quality tripwire design.txt

welcome to the other half of the resist problem, but yes you can ruin trash all day long with the FT. You're just near-useless against scrakes or FPs.

I usually go Flamethrower with the Incendiary shotgun. Its not great but I feel like it does more damage and stumble against the tougher zeds if you have the close range perk selected.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Evil Eagle posted:

I only caught one day of double XP and I took SWAT to 18 and sharp to 11, both from 0. Make this the norm please, my friend won't play suicidal because he has no perks at 15 even though it's twice as fun as hard mode.

There are some grind maps on HoE difficulty that your friend can join in to power level. Its boring as all hell but can get them to a decent level to play suicidal.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

John Murdoch posted:

Now I feel bad. I lucked into a server with five level 25s and ripped through it with zero problem first try. What perk are you using?

Took me 3 tries to be able to beat it. First server lagged so hard I DC'd. Second had randos that didn't stay together and I went Lv 25 Medic to try to keep everyone alive. Made it to the final boss but wiped because I was the only one left and giant sized clots are dumb. Last wave threw in into a server in South America with 240 ping. Went Lv25 Commando and somehow managed to complete it.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Theta Zero posted:

With a primary choice between either the centerfire or .500, both one-shot everything they need to (literally everything but Scrakes and Fleshpounds) with the railgun oneshotting (or two-shotting) everything your primary can't, so there's no point in using rack-em-up.

Is the centerfire worth fielding over jumping to the .500 from the LAR? It fires slower and takes longer to reload the the LAR and doesn't seem to do much more damage.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
They really just need to focus on getting out some good weapons and maps. That to me keeps the variety alive. Working on more classes wouldn't hurt either.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

QwertySanchez posted:

Gotta agree, the fact that after most first waves you can buy a single deagle and then just one shot everything for the next few waves made me think I'd never even buy the 1911s, but they're just so much goddamn fun to use.

My favorite part of using the 1911s is pressing reload with a full mag has you pulling back the slide one handed to check for a chambered round.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I'm still waiting for the return of the M32 grenade launcher. Let me make it rain Tripwire.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I've used the LAR as a Gunslinger through wave 8 on HoE. With rack em up it's a great run and gun rifle and in zed time with the 3x speed to can almost unload all 12 rounds before it ends.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
When I play Gunslinger most of the time I'm only using one pistol rather then duel wielding. I find I'm better at aiming with the Deagle and Magnum when its just 1 handed. I do agree with the bullshit of half the zeds just putting up metal in front of their face negating head shots.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Thefluffy posted:

shame the game has no feedback whatsoever with the medic statbuff darts :sigh:

I could have sworn there use to be a UI icon that gave you notice that you were getting a medic buff. Maybe they removed it. I wish there was a better audio cue for your healing dart hitting an ally as oppose to a zed. I usually have to wait for the text box that pop up to see if I hit the guy I was trying to heal.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

FantasticExtrusion posted:

You want the active mitigation, regeneration, and the lifesteal. That's just me anyway. It allows you to take an absurd amount of damage: I once won against a fleshpound that pinned me in a corner fresh using only a zweihander. It was close, suicide crawlers fed me just enough extra to survive. It was a rush, probably a full minute of last-possible-block successes + right clicks.

I think this was before gas-crawlers, though.

Parrying for the sweet 40% damage reduction is great for charging hordes or doing to town on FPs and Scrakes but what often gets me killed are Husks that decide to bombard me from afar.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Gromit posted:

I just can't hate on Husks if they suicide bomb me - I always laugh, and more so if they manage a double-kill or m-m-m-m-m-monster kill. There needs to be a message of "humiliating defeat!" if a single husk explosion kills the entire team (not that I've ever seen that happen).

When the Husks start making their charge to blow themselves up I am reminded every time of the Orc running in Helms Deep with the torch and Legolas trying to shoot him down. I feel like that every time and its great. Sometimes I win and they fall and other times it ends up like the movie.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
It took forever (since this game came out on early access) but I finally have all classes at level 25. All cept Survivalist but I'm not counting it. I frankly don't want a prestige simply because it already takes you forever to get one class to max level. Even with a xp boost it would still take a month to get one class near 25. Bloats suck at higher difficulties simply because they are needless bullet sponges. You have to expend so much ammo to get rid of them.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Takes No Damage posted:

I don't think the XP grind is so bad, though I've been playing since just after launch and am just now starting to hit 25s. But I've noticed that by playing regularly, 2 or 3 winning games a night, it doesn't take more than a day to clear the higher levels, maybe 2 days for lv23 and 3 for lv24. It probably feels faster since I'm focusing down each class now instead of swapping around between them.

I wouldn't be opposed to a prestige system if the bonus was significant enough. Like I said having +1 simultaneous perk active per prestige level sounds really fun, pretty much every class would become strong as gently caress. Dump +12% XP gains per prestige level on top of that and I'd definitely play. Of course I'm assuming they'd also cook up some additional difficulty levels for our new supermen to play around in. Hire me TW.

And Bloats are still annoying me but for a different reason now. My hammer keeps knocking them on their rear end, which is great, but they keep getting up. I can keep shutting down like 4 Bloats at once but it takes 30 seconds to kill them all, it went faster with the katana because then at least they didn't keep falling over.

True but I feel like the XP grind in this game is particularly extended. I have almost 500 hours played on the game and just now have 9 of the 10 classes at 25 and my last class survivalist is at 21. In that amount of time on a game that has prestige like CoD it would have prestige at least twice in that many hours. If they do put that in the bonuses better be worth all the time sunk into it and the time it will take to get them back to level 25.

I would like them to add enough weapons that I don't feel locked to a few weapons. I'm super excited about the Medic bazooka even it its more of a single shot brain leech. Medic class really does need more weapons in its choices. I want a life stealing/healing blade that I can swing around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

quote:

Gorefiend
Whirlwind attack is now interruptible
Normal Difficulty
Damage reduced 60%
Solo play Damage reduced 38%
Suicidal Difficulty