Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Chard posted:

I understand this may be way too soon to ask this question, but will experience gained during SEA carry over after release? It sounds lame of me, but I'd probably hold off until release if the answer is 'no', I don't want to grind twice.

Then don't grind, just play the game :v: I don't understand everyone freaking out about how long they think it will take to level up, I was actually disappointed when I hit lv6 everything in KF because it removed a big 'carrot' for me. Guess I like having goals to work towards, as long as they're not ridiculous like 3000 Stalker kills, which it sounds like they're avoiding this time around.

Do we know what skins they're launching with? I can only hope that by the non-SEA launch there's a skin for each class so I can play dress up like in the first game (welder for Support, hazmat suit for Firebug etc...).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Questioner86 posted:

From the store page for KF2 :

NOTE: It is quite likely that there are some regions where we may be required to make cuts in the future, particularly in the gore system, to comply with local ratings boards, once we get the game into its full release status. Regions most likely at risk of this are Germany (via USK) and Australia (via OFLC). Japan is another possibility (via CERO), but is an unknown quantity to us. To be quite clear: this means that, if you are buying from a region which regularly forces cuts on to games for gore, you may get reduced gore when we go to the full release version of the game.

God bless :patriot:, where only nipples and penises are verboten by our puritanical government overlords.

Don't every jump in a 6-pack on the first day, I plan to give it 24 hours or so from launch to work out all the day-one oshit problems, then buy on Thursday or so and install it during the day while I'm at work on Friday so I'm all ready for the weekend :dance:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Will KF2 support server-side mods/mutators like the one that showed what country everyone was from in KF1? Or the ones that showed how much damage you were doing per hit?

The personal damage/kill counter is definitely one of my favorite mutators. I've also gotten used to being able to weld each other's armor back up, but that's probably unbalanced outside of the crazy everything-mod servers. But firing a grenade into a group of zeds and filling the top left of your screen in damage numbers and like 'killed Crawler + 5' is straight up QoL that needs to be an option in the base game.

And yea right now my biggest concern is finally getting in the game and seeing hundreds of servers with 6/6 players all the way down :(

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^ well poo poo nevermind then, that is an improvement over how things used to work.

Section Z posted:

Oh, right. I totally got that the first try...

Not like I could go insane and buy the Delux edition after anyways. Steam is very strange about this sort of thing and tells you "You already own this! Gift only"

EDIT: Steam support is notorious and I'd hate to use my "One Refund" on rebuying the same game. How exactly do I go about getting the Deluxe edition stuff since I misspurchased the normal edition? Even if I wanted to wastefully throw another 40 bucks at this game, bundle deals like to go "You already own this idiot, you are only allowed to buy this as a gift!"

TW have said that all the Deluxe content will be released as regular DLC (at full game launch maybe?), so you should be able to get your hands on everything eventually.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

year199X posted:

Yeah, the flamethrower owns bones but there's pretty much zero reason to use it right now because you don't get any xp. I feel like for the sake of EA it should reward XP to whatever perk you're using.

I believe (hope) that's only because the flamethrower class isn't in the game yet. I was under the impression that you got bonus XP for killing with your class weapons, but still got something for using any other weapon.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just had my first 'real' Hans win on Paris. You know, where it wasn't just the last guy kiting his final form for 10 minutes. Pretty much all we did was stand in the street at the top of those stairs and play ring around the ambulance with him. He's kinda like a FP, as long as you can easily break line of sight he's not that bad. All on Normal of course, I'm sure it breaks down at higher difficulties.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Colosmicon posted:

If you want to fix that issue, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\Config and crack open DefaultInput.ini. Scroll to the end of the file and change ZoomedSensitivityScalar to 1, or whatever else you want your zoomed sensitivity changed to. Default is 0.35. There are a couple other important settings hidden down there too, like mouse acceleration (labeled bViewAccelerationEnabled).

This kind of stuff would be good to collect in the OP, a Tweaks section or something. If so add MaxDeadBodies from the KFGame.ini in your /My Documents/My Games/KillingFloor2/kfgame/config/ folder.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Inside Out Mom posted:

Or have the resupply reset at the start of the new round.

This is my preferred solution as well, make the resupply refresh as the trader closes, not when it opens. It even makes more real-world sense that way, how does the Support dude fill is pack up before he gets to the trader? This would have the added benefit of letting everyone save a little bit of cash every round, and everyone gets the bonus XP from using the resupply perk. Win-win-win IMO.

e: Also throwing out there again it would be really cool to have a backpack model appear on Supports who have the Resupply perk, something like that one soldier DLC (Red Orchestra?) from KF1. Right now it's really hard to read player names so even if you know someone has the perk it can still be a bitch to actually find them in the field. Having a big visual like that would help a lot.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 28, 2015

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So it turns out one downside to increasing MaxDeadBodies for zerkers is that your Pulverizer will register and fire a round if it hits a body. Which happens pretty much every time you swing if you've been camping the same room and the floor is now made of bodies :downs: I've really got to start remembering to record/stream this game, I had some pretty sweet gif-able moments last round.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just finished leveling everything up to 5 so I could start loving up Hard games, actually won one since Abandoned Toaster was medic-ing my rear end all game. Also she's really good at playing bullfighter with Scrakes, a player can just keep slipping past them to the right and tie them up until the rest of the team is there to focus them down quickly.

A few bugs or tweaks I noticed tonight:
1. The welder display doesn't drain in realtime, it just sits at whatever it was on when you pressed LMB, then jumps down when you let go.
2. You can't pick up armor when you're at 100, you shouldn't be able to pick up ammo boxes if you're full on everything. But you can. So now even when everyone is running back from the trader any nearby boxes get picked up at the beginning of every wave even when no one needs them yet.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MooCowlian posted:

Where's the best place to hold on Biotics Lab? The pubbies seem to have adopted that crossroads room, which invariably turns into a mess that ends with us dead as soon as anything that isn't trash mobs show up.

Had good luck in that engine room looking thing down the hallway from the crossroads room. Zeds seem to split down the two sides so not everything comes in at once, and you can run around that barrier in the middle to escape or kite stuff.

e: yeah probably meat grinder room is what I mean.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

closeted republican posted:

Oh drat, the KF1-style Stalker and KF1-style Scrake looks way better than the default ones.

Jesus Christ the traps on those Scrakes, they look like they shrug tractors before breakfast :stare:

In other news, Berserker should have 5% + 1%/level global damage reduction, with maybe twice as much (10% + 2%/level) for Siren/Bloat damage. I feel like that wouldn't make them too OP at low levels but still viable as they progress. All I know is right now Zerk takes the longest for me to level because -5% ain't poo poo even on Normal :(

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Zerks aren't a good choice for tanking at this point in time. You should be lopping off heads with your Crovel before you get hit, with the nail gun probably being your first upgrade, followed by the Pulverizer. Clear trash with the nail gun, pulverize specials.

But I like comboing stuff with the crovel. :black101: Press RMB then hold LMB for a sweet 4 hit combo that you can't really do with the hammer since the heavy swing uses ammo.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ruggington posted:

You can just pop their heads with the gun butt though

http://gfycat.com/EllipticalFakeArthropods (I was trying to make it loop... )
I finally decided to start actually using ShadowPlay since it came with my Nvidia card. Had an awesome Hans fight with Abandoned Toaster tonight, the team was running all over the meat grinder room in the lab, hopping off of banisters and dodging grenades. Also 5/6 of us were medics so we had all the darts. All of them.

Phosphene posted:

Give zerkers a chance that scales with level to move and attack at regular speed during zed time. God that would own.

Or make it one of their lv25 Zed Time perks. I also like the idea of giving Commando or some other class the ability to pop off a ZedTime once a wave or something, then everyone could coordinate and focus down that last raging Scrake.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey Alteisen you were confused as to what killed you that last game. Maybe you should avoid standing on grenade clusters like a big doof.

Don't worry though, I got revenge for you. I put Hans where he belongs: in the garbage.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I come bearing giftsgifs. Messing around with ShadowPlay is way too much fun in this game.

This Gorefast got his face erased, then I scared myself with my own grenade
http://gfycat.com/EntirePoisedIcefish

Husk suicide fail
http://gfycat.com/FickleMadeupBoa

A Stalker dodges multiple shells just so she can eat a SSG to the face
http://gfycat.com/UnlawfulShyGrunion

Bashing a Husk apart
http://gfycat.com/WeeSizzlingBellsnake

Erasing a Bloats head with a hammer
http://gfycat.com/IllfatedSlowHen

I'm flagging this Scrake for excessive celebration
http://gfycat.com/PaltryIncredibleEasternnewt

You too Gorefast, 15 yards!
http://gfycat.com/PoliticalFaroffGossamerwingedbutterfly

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think game notifications need some work, half the time I don't even notice when I'm the last player left alive, and several times I've completely missed it when I level up. TW bring back the sweet guitar riff from KF1 please :rock:

Also in general the thin white text often doesn't read well against the game, often in Outpost it's pretty invisible. Think they should thicken it up and add a black stroke or something.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Since we're all wishlisting this weekend, I'm really not looking forward to lv15 Commando since I like both those perks. I spend most of my time in single shot mode for popping heads, so +20% damage sounds awesome. But tac reload is something I need to see, especially with all the work they put into the weapons. I'd like reload speed to be an increasing perk for Commando in general, say 1% per level, and at 15% it just switches from speeding up the stock animations to the new tactical ones. Bend to my will TripWire.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^
^^^
Pretty sure there's some restrooms scattered around Biotics Lab as well. We should be able to go in, even if they would all be dead-end death traps.

closeted republican posted:

Last night in a Normal Outpost game, Hans wiped out most of the team with gas grenades and I had no idea anyone died until I noticed that there wasn't as much firing sounds as their was a few seconds ago. It was only after Hans was killed that I checked the scoreboard and saw that 4 out of 6 members of the team were dead.

There really does need to be a bigger/permanent UI indicator that You Are The Last One Left.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Open nVidia Experience, enable Shadowplay and configure your binds.

Also in the ShadowPlay options you can tell it where to put a little icon that indicates SP is active. When you hit manual capture a little arrow shows up indicating that it saved. Not sure what it does when you tell it to record manually, so far I've just been using the DVR 'hey grab the last 60 seconds' button.

If you don't see it make sure your drivers are up to date, it made me do that last night to keep using SP.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 10, 2015

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I haven't actually gotten to tac reload in any class but yea it sounds pretty mandatory for Support, slow reload time is one of the biggest vulnerabilities of that class along with low total ammo. Since they put so much work into the weapon animations I'd like to see basically every class get +1% reload speed per level, then at +15% it just switches to the tac reloads which then get another +10% up to lv25. I don't think this would particularly break anything, ammo management is already key on higher levels. I just got everything to lv10 and moved up to Suicidal tonight, poo poo is crazy. As a Support I used my pistol and in one wave my loving knife for pretty much the first time. The crawler dash is bloody horrifying :gonk:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Leveled Berserk up to 10 last night, then moved on to Suicidal. I didn't notice much difference Normal to Hard, but Suicidal is bananas. All the zeds get new animations and attacks and they all run everywhere now. This is one thing I like about the leveling system, you have to start off weak to get strong, otherwise there's no contrast. Anyway I've started throwing all these in an album on gyfcat http://www.gfycat.com/takesnodamage/killing_floor_2 and even dumping them all on YouTube, now you can hear the gifs :v: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr8qMerQjIHa79EP4G0xljZUiV9ONNlWm

Some highlights include:

Bashing apart a flaming Scrake:
http://gfycat.com/TidyNarrowCrayfish

Sacrificing a teammate due to lazyness, I'm so sorry tet5uo :(
http://gfycat.com/PalatableAssuredDanishswedishfarmdog

Bashing a Siren's face. Off.
http://gfycat.com/KeenNeedyAfricanwilddog

After moving up to Suicidal with my Support guy I:

Separated a Crawler
http://gfycat.com/ScornfulNextGoosefish

Learned that stairs are a good place to save ammo
http://gfycat.com/HiddenUglyFlickertailsquirrel

Disrespected the dead
http://gfycat.com/KlutzySecondhandBonobo

Got disrespected in return
http://gfycat.com/FreshHappyAnnashummingbird

Seriously gently caress this guy
http://gfycat.com/UnpleasantHelpfulFulmar

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

I've been shamelessly buying the Flamethrower off-spec whenever I can slot it in on whatever I'm playing. Right there with you, can't wait for Firebug.

We were trying to camp under the stairs in Paris and one guy got the flamethrower. The lighting engine in this game is pretty drat nice re: flames in darkness. I'm most looking forward to Firebug and Demo just for the engine candy alone.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I still don't really get people's need to powerlevel, leveling up the 'autistic' way has always been part of the fun for me. You know, playing the game :shrug: I was actually afraid TW would make leveling too fast but it feels about right, seems like you go up at least one level per full game well into the teens. It could still use a few tweaks, Medic needs like 10x the XP from healing since that's their job, and I'd like Berserker to get a bonus on Crawlers the same way Commando does with Stalkers. But overall I'm pretty happy with the speed I'm progressing, playing one or 2 games a night, a few more on the weekend. Game's only been out a few weeks and I'm already over half way to max in all classes with nothing that could be considered grinding. Y'all need to chill out and just shoot some zeds. Speaking of which...

A Husk gets smashed in his dumb face...
http://www.gfycat.com/ThickIncompatibleGoldeneye

...but when I try the same thing again as a non/Berserk things go... poorly
http://www.gfycat.com/EqualInconsequentialAnteater

A Scrake ruins a dude's day
http://www.gfycat.com/FakeSecretArgali

Revenge was attempted, but it was not to be
http://www.gfycat.com/FlimsyPoliticalFirebelliedtoad

My rifle thirsts for brains
http://www.gfycat.com/ExhaustedFaithfulHochstettersfrog

I'm still mashing all these up on both gyfcat and YouTube where you can tell I've discovered Motorhead makes a drat fine soundtrack for specimen removal.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
8 new achievements just got loaded into Steam. They're currently unnamed, but that's 3 for each difficulty of Manor and 5 for ......... ??

edit: Speaking of the achievements, I just now noticed their cute little naming schemes. All the ones for Paris are alliterated, and the ones for Outpost are references to Fear and Loathing in LV, The Big Lebowski and Game of Thrones. Not sure what's up with Biotics Lab tho.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 09:11 on May 14, 2015

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Section Z posted:

Yeah I used one of those fancy maps for welding once pretending I'd ever get those later welding requirements through normal gameplay became too painful to try.

Even then, I pitied commandos with those stalker kill gates. "30, 100, 350? well that's not too ba- 1,200, 2,400, 3,600 :gonk:"

How did "deal X damage" needs interact with headshots anyways? I never thought about it but would a support blow through the "deal X damage" needs faster than a commando popping the heads off trash with smaller bullets? Both have the same damage gate numbers in KF1

EDIT: Either way, compared to KF1 I do much prefer the straight experience gains with killing poo poo as always (and generally your primary) option.

One nice thing is they've removed 'kill stealing' from the game, since as long as you do any damage with your perk weapon you get full XP when the zed dies. My strategy for all classes so far is to always put a few rounds into every Scrake and FP that I see to make sure I get the bump when the rest of the team takes them down. I'll be interested to see how fast something like Firebug will level as they should be able to 'tag' large groups for their XP.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I cut off a dead Gore's head just tonight and never touched that entry in the ini file, was it set to false for you ?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well we've already got bullet time :shobon:

I was also a bit disappointed that most tactical reloads were just the animations sped up. I wish they'd gone a bit silly with them and had you just toss a couple of shells in front of you and snap the double-barreled closed around them or twirling your AR clips around your fingers or something. I'll probably keep it for Commando because single shot damage is eeeh but Support's Zed stagger actually sounds pretty useful for denying Scrakes/FPs. Has anyone messed around with it enough to tell if it's really that useful?

Also gifs:

Hey what's up what's goin on in this level guys

Stalker goes splat

A Husk defecting to our side for a brief moment

Pretty good Husk bash

Watch this guy solo a Scrake with just his knife loving MAD SKILLZ right here

A close Hans kill

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
0:28 "Turn the other cheek" indeed :wink:

Just tried my hand at Hell on Earth, and while I still feel that the jump from Hard to Suicidal is bigger, holy poo poo. Trash zeds never stop sprinting. Ever. And I have no bullets. And why are Husks spawning on wave 2/10? AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

A gif, in which Alteisen learns the true meaning of teamwork.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

or punch a Clot in the head hard enough that it goes flying with enough force to kill another Clot

So something like this
http://gfycat.com/GoldenNastyIchthyosaurs
just with your fists?

or this?
http://gfycat.com/SimplisticSimpleEuropeanpolecat

or this?
http://gfycat.com/GleamingCrispIvorygull

...I, I may have a problem :ohdear:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 20, 2015

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Or an attack that oneshots any zed.. 30 seconds later.

:madmax: This FP is already dead, he just doesn't know it yet :madmax:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^ If i were to seriously consider a time-delayed oneshot move, it would be something like
* 30 second delay
* Scrake/FP is perma raged
* Damage and health are buffed 50% or so, maybe speed as well so they can catch lv25 medics in the open

Saw a weird map exploit in Biotics, you can get on the exam table next to the cold room and zeds can't detect/reach you.

Random class balance thoughts, since we must be getting close to the next content update... right TW :ohdear: If they want to be 'done' by the end of the year they're gonna have to add a class per month at least. Anyway, I think the buffs you get at lv1 should apply as soon as you select the class at lv0, then just apply the per-level % bonuses. Still think Berserk should get 5% damage resist + 1%/level, and 10% Bloat & Siren resist +2%/level. I tried pushing up to HoE now that all my mans are lv15 and fuuuuuuuuck that, got smoked every time. But now Suicidal with a half-decent team is easymode, I don't know where to go :(

Also they should think about just giving each class the lv25 zedtime buffs by default and come up with new perk choices. I don't think any of the zedtime buffs sound that great, and since zedtime is effectively random you can't really plan on being able to use them effectively. I'd like a much bigger 'reward' for hitting max level.

And since I can't post in this thread without a ~*hilarious*~ gif, have some of Hans getting what he deserves

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Truecon420 posted:

Bad level 5 perks? Supplier is amazingly useful on support.

She said Commando, although they do get Call Out at lv5 which is really helpful now that Stalkers are actually hard to see. Anytime I'm in a game with a Commando and they don't have it I'm like wtf dude, Nightvision really?

I can only assume the various perks are one of the things they're in SEA for, seeing what people like and what they don't, what's useful and what just sounds cool but doesn't actually help that much practically.

At least they had the foresight to add in pastry physics. Man I shouldn't play KF2 when I'm hungry.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
And instead of grenades they throw a carpet of caltrops that DoT / bleed zeds for area denial.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

Maybe instead of grenades they key a sort of Super Punch to that slot, ridiculously powerful but short ranged(like it'll vaporize anything below a Scrake or Fleshpound, and heavily damage and stagger them)

So the One Inch Punch from God Hand, I'm OK with that. In fact, just give him all the moves from God Hand and call it a day, I wanna spank Stalkers and Sirens over my knee :v:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man lots of hackers tonight :/

Apparently there's a way to dupe weapons as these guys were throwing down like 4 or 5 AA12s in a row:

Since they're all Support I'm assuming these all involve boosting yourself around with the double barrel shotty. I hope TW doesn't remove that as it can be used to bounce away from FPs and Scrakes if used properly.

e: wait that first one is a Medic, I dunno how he got up there then.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
DBS is a great backup weapon if you can stand losing one of your on-perk guns. It lets any class instantly erase at least 2 lower tier zeds that get in their face, super helpful for escaping or keeping Gores and Stalkers off your rear end, and with a well aimed headshot can one or two shot Bloats and Husks.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lots of servers will be down until they apply the new update. Just FYI as this will probably happen a lot during SEA.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
New achievement: Disarmament - Knock away all the suits of armor's weapons without disturbing the suits themselves.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^ Somebody hurry up and figure out how to macro chat text strings to a single key so I can spam "More than enough to kill anything that moves" at every shot.

New map is pretty sweet, I like all the little Nazi touches since it's supposed to be Hans' place, and the Gorefast 'origin' area is neat as hell. I bet once the full game is out the community is gonna come up with some amazing next level poo poo.

In other, giffier news:

A Siren tries to go all Michael Jordan on my rear end, DENIED
http://www.gfycat.com/WeakRegularJoey

My friend the Husk helping out where he can
http://www.gfycat.com/ReasonableLegalBlackcrappie

Putting the gore in Gorefast
http://www.gfycat.com/AstonishingOptimalFlatfish

Briefly joined some cheesy grinding map, this poor fucker can't even cheat right :ohdear:
http://gfycat.com/AptSlowDrongo

My friend the Husk helpinOH gently caress OH gently caress OH gently caress
http://www.gfycat.com/UnitedAmusingIchidna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Magres posted:

Holy poo poo that is magic.

Yeah I've been using Nvidia Shadowplay. When I hit F11 it dumps the last 60 seconds into a video file. Later I use a free video editor called Shortcut to clip out the bit I want and export that to an mp4, which I then drag over to gyfcat. I also have no idea how it keeps a running stream of the last x seconds to pull from with no noticeable performance hit but there you go.