Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Seriously, anyone got a spot in a 6-pack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lady Morgaga posted:

Should we organize a six pack?

1- Lady Morgaga
2- Lady Morgaga
3- Averox
4-?????????
5-?????????
6-?????????

Hi! I'm down for this.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

UltraVariant posted:

Aight, I caved in and bought the game. $45 to my name now, woooooo.

Sign me up for that 6-pack.

Hello! Please get in touch with me at http://steamcommunity/id/averox as I have purchased the 6-pack. Thanks :)

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Skoll posted:

Guys, Akumos was thinking about taking Goon Floor 2 down until more content is added to the game. Are you guys down with this or do you want us to keep it up? As it is now, we made it public because hardly any goons came to play on it so it'd be a waste of money to keep it running for pubbies.

We'd appreciate any feedback, i.e. if you want it to stay up, if you want it to go back on Hard, etc.

Hard to say. I really enjoy playing with goons since they generally have an idea of what they're doing but the mumble channel is a bit of a ghost town. It's always nice to have somewhere to play on the regular but I'd rather you guys not have to shell out if it's just going to be opened to pubs for play.

Worst comes to worst, goons who want to play can always group up in some online matchmaking and flood a server somewhere.

edit: And on doors, I don't find welding them to be that useful. Great for locking up some zeds behind it and getting a big ol nade party going but otherwise the maps are open and looping enough that you usually aren't getting cornered if you're smart about things. This game is certainly less about hunkering down at the best camping spot, which there are still decent ones, and more about being mobile when poo poo hits the fan.

averox fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 28, 2015

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
The amount of people that actually pull the ammo from my butt though almost makes me just want to take the extra 20% for myself.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Questioner86 posted:

If anyone can find the clip of a table just exploding for no loving reason when Kenshiro gets up after taking a nap I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Scene located here: https://youtu.be/YwnM3eMh3Q8?t=1800

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yes! I want those voices back so much. I also love it when the round ends and Mr Foster is all "Watch me charm that trader bird".

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
CLEARLY JUST HOLDING OUT CONTENT ON US WHERES THE NEXT UPDATE

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
The exploit is making a macro or whatever for your drop weapon key so that it spams it. Works with any weapon you can drop.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
Did no one ask if the Patriarch has his chestdick?

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
I haven't played since before they added Manor and I might be really rusty but did this game just swing up in difficulty? I remember having a much easier time on hard. Not that I've played much but I'm getting wiped out much more easily than I remember.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Yeah they've changed some the enemies and Hans. Off the top of my head they added any Zeds left once you whittle them down to 5 in a wave instantly enrage and chase you relentlessly, took out the circlestrafing cheese with Hans and Scrakes, Husks now suicide detonate faster, changed the parry system so weapons have a "parry strength" that must be equal to or greater than the Zed's so you can't parry FPs and Hans in place with a pocket knife anymore as well as the heavies having unparryable attacks when their weapons glow orange (IIRC they CAN still be parried and the damage negated but the enemy just won't stumble), weakened Hans' gas and guns but buffed his melee, then gave him an AOE gas attack when too many people surround him, and given Zeds certain weak/resistant areas on their bodies.

Alright, yeah. Quite informative actually. Especially the attacks you can't parry that had me scratching my head.

Also yes I'm quite rusty from lack of playing.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

She Bangs the Drums posted:

The Patriarch fight being so much more fun really underscores how awful Hans is.

how do you balance test?

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I don't believe they do, but if I recall correctly, welded doors have two different "health meters." There's the strength of the weld, and the strength of the door. Once the weld expires, the door breaks. However, if you prevent the weld from breaking, I believe the door itself will eventually collapse. So even if you did manage your doors carefully, they would presumably break eventually anyway.

You are correct. It pretty makes doors worthless. Can you still trip up zeds and bosses by closing the door in their face?