Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Artix posted:

You know, despite everything that thread was ton of fun. I've been thinking about organizing another one but I have too much on my plate right now. Maybe in a couple months?
would there be enough new hacks to sustain a thread like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

I think the next runner up is Grey Hunter's War in the Pacific LP, which essentially LP'd America's involvement in World War II in real time, every day for 4 years. Only missed one update too. Holy poo poo.
that's loving nuts.

I love it.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Your DK64 LP was one of the first I watched and I thought it was a hoot, and your DSII LP is really helpful, while still being entertaining.

Also I'm really glad people in your thread aren't being gigantic fuckers, because you deserve better than that. That's not really related to LPs but it seemed like it should be said.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Thi4f and The Dark Mod

I remember seeing Chip Cheezum's thread title "Contractual Obligations: Metal Gear Solid 1 and 4," and that's basically what I feel about Thi4f. Fortunately, in looking up information on the official sequel I happened upon information about The Dark Mod, and so while the former was an annoying slog I needed two co-commentators to get through, the latter would provide me with that authentic Thief experience which I have so enjoyed despite the videos being overall less popular.
I've actually fallen behind on watching your Thi4f videos but I've been keeping up with the Dark Mod. :v:

I actually downloaded the Dark Mod but it didn't have controller support and I don't game with mouse and keyboard. Definitely looks fun though.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Rooreelooo posted:

Nuts & Bolts
Have you ever thought about starting from scratch? Making a new Nuts & Bolts thread for a new N&B LP? Or hell, doing it off-site. Doing anything differently; maybe you want to finally give voiced commentary a shot, maybe you have different ideas on how to complete some challenges, maybe a different forum will have a different kind of audience. It doesn't have to be the same as the old LP. It might turn out worse. It could turn out better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Rooreelooo posted:

Yeah i considered rebooting it from scratch, but my living situation has changed a lot in six years and honestly i barely have any time to follow someone elses lp any more, let alone make one for myself.

And it sucks to hear that the online stuff isn't working anymore, guess the window for recording other people's broken challenge replays has closed.
That's a shame. Well, if you ever get more time, the other Nuts & Bolts thread proves there will pretty much always be a market for a positive Nuts & Bolts LP, much to Dex and Vilemoon's dismay. :v:

• Locked thread