Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korthal
May 26, 2011

Now you can buy your mods! Support those modders whether you like it or not!

And remember, :filez: aren't cool, so no talking about pirating these paid mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korthal
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

the train simulator community is all 60 year old men who make trains and tracks for the game and sell them to each other for $40 a pop

I've heard a few reasons why this works

• The market is very small, and requires a high price point because setting it low would not generate any more sales. Would reducing the price down to $5 make you want to buy virtual trains
  • The more important point: People who play these games are the crazy train dads that have the $30,000 invested into a miniature train world in their basement. To them, spending $2,000 on virtual trains is not that expensive considering they're paying $500 for each real train that doesn't have nearly as much functionality as the virtual trains do.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

:siren: I would like to point out that the mods are Pay What You Want and that you don't have to pay the MSRP:siren:

† minimum is set by the modder and cannot go below $0.49

Korthal
May 26, 2011

You guys are overreacting. Those smart people in Games are on the ball.

Azran posted:

People deserve to be paid for work, especially if that work is literally "improve a game". If you do not want to pay just don't. I personally know people that will love this - modders in countries with lovely economies will love this.

I wonder if they delayed Attila's workshop for this.

Azran posted:

Reminder that Counter Strike and Killing Floor are mods people have paid money for during a long rear end time.

deadly_pudding posted:

Wanna jump on this pile.

This just in: I can't believe they're charging us money for that Unreal Tournament 3 mod, Batman: Arkham City.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think the last dude is being facetious but lol

Well, it is Games after all, it's hard to tell.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

We shouldn't be complaining, since we paid :10bux: to be able to talk about this here in the first place.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

darealkooky posted:

whats stopping someone from just buying the mod, copying the files, then using the 24 hour refund

This is :filez: please do not discuss this or risk being probated/banned.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

The once nice thing to come out of all of this is that I finally got all the DLC cheap because Skyrim went on sale again :shobon:

Korthal
May 26, 2011

:filez: I'm so mad at this I'm going to go ahead and share my exclusive pre-order bonus for Cities Skylines: Postcards. Enjoy these 6mb .png files, they're "Content" now. :filez:

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Imperials... Imps... In Russian literature... The Imp is a Jew... Gaben... Fairly Jewish name... Jew's are known for being shady and slick with money... Gaben has destroyed the modding community for perosnal gain... You tell me.
:jewish:Gabriel was one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

:catholic: He was also the Archangel that told Mary that she was pregnant with the son of god.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

If someone made an :islam: I could also point out that Gabriel told Muhammad how to write the Koran

Korthal
May 26, 2011

:happyelf:

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Stink fag posted:

I don't care.

pls explain your reasoning

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Welp;

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Soral posted:

how long did you spend making this

none, he got it from /v/

Korthal
May 26, 2011

StabMasterArson posted:

i think if we all come together and gave skyrim a bad steam review, we could makee a real difference imps.

It worked for Red Alert 3.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

The new version has been leaked now, so you can pirate it with your favorite BitTorrent service.

A mod committing :filez:? :vince:

Korthal fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 26, 2015

Korthal
May 26, 2011

10 years ago I would have gone onto forums and posted in mega threads about how seriously angry I was about it. Being older and wiser, all I did was just make a joke thread, and I still got what I wanted. Thanks people-10-years-younger-than-me, you did all the work I couldn't give a poo poo to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korthal
May 26, 2011

qnqnx posted:

[a definitely sane person, of the kind you imagine permanently in business attire] "Being older and wiser, I have outsourced my anger at being paywalled out of my favourite animal genitalia mods to preteens on the internet"

To be fair, I'm 27 so those would be teenagers that are fighting for my right to realistic horse vaginas.

• Locked thread