Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

VirtualStranger posted:

I just found out that John Cassaday will be leaving Star Wars after the end of the first arc in issue #6.

I don't think there's been any word on who's replacing him.
Simone Bianchi will be doing some guest art for issue #7. Which is a one off about Obi-Wan doing stuff while hiding on Tatooine.

Stuart Immonen will be taking over at issue #8.

I thought Han would get a mini after Leia, but Lando? Yes, so much yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

All the Star Wars comics have been pushed back three weeks.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Anyone else notice the Emperor give the bounty hunter Darth Maul's ship from Episode I?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Shattered Empire 1 released today and I enjoyed it. The art is good and I liked the main character. I'm really interested to see where things go from here.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Sentinel Red posted:

Am I racing to horrifically wrong conclusions or is Vader sending Aphra to Naboo to dig up Padme's remains???

:stare:

In any event, loved the panel of him just chilling out sitting on his TIE Advanced chatting on the spacephone to someone.

I don't think that's exactly what he's sending her to do.

I think he wants her to confirm with the mortician that Padme wasn't pregnant when she died.

Space Homs is pretty cool. I hope Vader doesn't kill him.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

zoux posted:

So dainty.

Shattered Empire was really cool, how many issues is it slated for?

Four issues. The rest are scheduled to release weekly in October.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Lando's "horrifying tales of Romantic Conquest" continue this week. :psyduck:

There's nothing more powerful in Star Wars than Lando's smooth talk!

Also: Chewie, coming to save the day.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Lando 5: I thought this was a stronger finish than the Liea mini. Definitely see why Lando goes legit. They kinda played on our expectations by making the bounty hunter Lobot's old girlfriend instead of Lando's. Oh and Lando can shoot. The longest con baby. We all saw it coming, but still. Lobot :(

Darth Vader 10: Our resident Sherlock is being far to clever to live or maybe he'll live because he's so clever. I can't really tell. Besides some Aphra backstory. Issue is really just set up.

Shattered Empire 2: Nice tie in moment to Leia 2. Do these Imperial messengers show up anywhere else? It certainly sounds like Palps said, "if I die. Wreck poo poo everywhere," and things seem to be unraveling fast for the Empire. Oh and Poe has already been born and is with his granddaddy.

Star Wars 10: Chewie and C3PO had the best scenes. Luke is getting that hands on lightsaber training he needs in the worst possible way and Han and Liea are... on the way.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 7, 2015

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I didn't expect anymore prequel stuff beyond Kanan. I don't remember a lot of stuff between Episode I and II so it could be cool.

rear end Catchcum posted:

loving drat dude they are just printing money

You ain't kidding. Star Wars comics topped the charts again in September.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Chewbacca's a five issue miniseries, so it'll be mostly over by the time this debuts. Hell, if they give it the Lando release schedule, it'll have been over for awhile.

Lando #1 came out one week after Princess Leia ended and Chewbecca #1 comes one week after Lando #5. I'd say two weeks after Chewbecca ends is when Obi-Wan&Anakin #1 releases. Marvel probably has minis planned through for 2016.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

The biggest thing about the new canon is the ability to integrate, callback, and reference the prequel era post-A New Hope. As a lot of that space had been filled before the prequels were even released. It makes the universe feel tighter.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

That seems like a huge downside.

But there were glaring continuity issues with the pre-prequel novels that :goonsay:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Did anyone notice the location the crime lord give Ahpra is the same world mentioned by one of the holocrons Luke unlocked? The one mentioned to have a Jedi Temple on it?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

cargohills posted:

Will Star Wars still make sense if I don't bother reading Vader Down? Crossovers are why I stopped reading X-Men comics.

The February solicitations just came out and it looks like Star Wars picks up right from Vader Down.
http://imgur.com/a/o61Ue

Looks like Leniel Yu is also the artist for the third arc of Star Wars

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

zoux posted:

So I'm thinking Lenlil Yu should just go ahead and take over the regular ongoing.

Good news then. He's doing the third arc of Star Wars.

Also looks like Kanan ends on issue 12.

Edit: found the tweet from Greg Weisman.

https://twitter.com/greg_weisman/status/676974154562826241

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Dec 20, 2015

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Looks like the last two issues of the Vader Down arc are being released together this Wednesday.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Sorry to see Kanan go, but gently caress yeah TFW comics.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Speaking of Vader. I can't wait to see him kill these upstart pretenders.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Canemacar posted:

I almost ordered the Vader Down TPB as well, but I wanted to see what other people thought about it first. And does it lead into future stories in the main SW and DV books, or is it self-contained?
The Vader Down crossover is certainly going to affect the the third arcs of Star Wars and Vader due to a certain character getting captured.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Kanan is out today and Grievous looks badass.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

site posted:

I read this before I read the comic, and then I saw it was just a panel of him standing and got confused.
In my defense. I said I thought he looked badass. I've only ever seen him in cartoon, movie, and CGI. He's drawn with a lot of detail here.

I remember the mix of " Woah! the new villain is awesome!" and despair of "three EU fan favorites were just killed" across the fan sites before the season 2 came out.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

The first couple pages of Star Wars #16 are up for preview.

http://www.previewsworld.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES_PDF/STK680001-700000/STK696347.pdf

Leiniel Yu's artwork :syoon:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

So Star Wars and Star Wars Darth Vader are basically a single comic series now?

They've been running in parallel and crisscrossing with each other since they launched.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Jerkface posted:

Holy poo poo the art change in Star Wars 016 is amazing. Entire issue was great.

Han & luke's bit killed me.

"But that's more than my bounty?" :smith:

I thought it was real low for the guy who blew up the Death Star or does the Empire still not know who did it?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

So who else thinks the villain in the Rebel Jail arc is the rebel spy from the Star Wars Annual?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Cat Machine posted:

The first issue of Poe Dameron was pretty cool - looks like it's actually gonna fill in some blanks in the pre-TFA story.

It's got that X-Wing comic vibe to it. I like it.

Although it's an ongoing series instead of limited? How long was he looking for Max Von's character?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I like this Agent Terex guy from the new Poe Dameron issue. He's so cocky, sassy, and relaxed.

I'm reading his dialogue with a French accent.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I'm surprised they're ending Vader with it selling so highly. I thought they'd keep it going up to Return of Jedi or Empire Strikes Back.

I wonder if they'll replace it with another ongoing or a mini series?

Vader might take a bigger role in the main Star Wars comic now his own book is over. His focus now he's re-secured his place would be hunting Luke 24/7.

edit: Confirmed another ongoing will take it's place.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 17, 2016

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

ShineDog posted:

Where the he'll are the traaaaaades

The Obi-Wan and Anakin trade came out yesterday.

These new special forces Stormtroopers are rad.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I've been reading the older Dark Horse comics and I think the newer Marvel stuff is really putting most of it to shame. Especially when it comes to the quality of the art.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

I disagree, except the art part. DH never could get good artists for SW.

What would you say the best Dark Horse Star Wars comics are?

I liked Rogue Squadron, Jedi vs Sith, and the Darth Vader and the {blank} minis the most so far.

I'm two thirds though the KOTOR comic and its been decent. Art quality has fallen off a cliff past the Vector arc though. Looks like it gets better in Volume 3.

I'm not really sure what to make of Legacy.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

http://www.newsarama.com/31099-another-star-wars-ongoing-by-gillen-walker.html

Marvel announced another Star Wars ongoing to start in December written by Kieron Gillen and art by Kev Walker.

They're calling it Star Wars: Classified, but we don't know if that's the real title or what it will be about.

I'm thinking maybe something set in the prequel era. That way Marvel will have an ongoing Star Wars title for each of the three eras.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

It'll be interesting to see how well it performs as the first Marvel Star Wars comic headlined by a non-movie character.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 13, 2016

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Han Solo #4 also came out Wednesday and I really enjoyed it.

The characterization is really on point and the art is great. I really dig this racer story line and the mystery of who's the traitor spy.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-announces-darth-maul-series-from-cullen-bunn-luke-ross/

Darth Maul 5-issue mini will begin in February. It will be set before Episode 1.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I think Han Solo's mini takes the cake when it comes to art among the Star Wars comics.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 16, 2016

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I recall Kanan was supposed be another 5-issue mini, but was expanded into an ongoing.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I have bad news for those who didn't like Darth Vader's art style. Salvador Larroca will be doing the art for Star Wars' next arc.

Schneider Heim posted:

Thanks to the sale, I read Star Wars and Darth Vader up to Vader Down. I liked the art in Star Wars, but I liked the story in Vader more.

Is Shattered Empire good?

Besides showing Poe's parents I didn't think it did much.

I'd recommend Lando's or Han's mini over it.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 18, 2016

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

http://ew.com/books/2017/01/12/marvel-rogue-one-comic/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

The Force Awakens comic adaption was just a straight adaption, but it looks like the Rogue One will have stuff that wasn't in the movie.

quote:

The comics will definitely expand on what was seen in both Rogue One the film and the novelization. Lucasfilm and Gareth Edwards had a bunch of ideas for extra scenes and character moments that didn’t make it into the film. I’m having a lot of fun playing around with those. Adaptations across different forms of media have always been a great opportunity to explore other facets of the story, and we’re excited to have new material in the Rogue One comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

The main Star Wars comic and Dr. Aphra are going to do a crossover.