Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The key word is allegedly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Bugblatter posted:

The daily intake of cancer curing kimchi.

Actually causes stomach cancer

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Use ATMs in Korea.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I knew a guy who was pretty happy with his engineering job in Ulsan. So I guess it's just Ulsan English teaching jobs that make you unhappy.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

Well how could you not. As an engineer you:

A) frequently do literally nothing since you're a supervisor and the Koreans are doing the actual work, you're just making sure they don't gently caress it up
B) get paid $8000 a month with a free mansion apartment and car, and you can also possibly swing bonus hazard WAR ZONE pay if you pretend to be afraid of NK
C) ball hard

Heh maybe if you had a real job you'd enjoy those benefits too :smug:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Andro posted:

drat, I won Korea. Spent 4.5 years in Gimhae.

Well, I think you lost.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I like the Andong soju that comes in a bottle shaped like a little boy / girl. It's tasty, and makes for good gifts as well. I got it at the airport and have no idea what the brand name is.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

A deep brown digested guac

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

drat i had no idea you could hoverhandshake

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

All you need is Banao, loving heretics

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Just apply for a B-2 visa. Extend it if needed.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

E_P posted:

I apologize you must have misunderstood. "Her child" in that situation is you, the person who hosed a woman with a husband and broke up a marriage.

:drat:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

AmbientParadox posted:

Oh god. A Goon East Asian food map? Is the world ready for such a thing?
Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere Food Map

Maxsmart posted:

Please mark every Mexican place with a 3 paragraph review and rate them on a 1-10 on the Guy Fieri scale.

Rate them 1-10 on the Montezuma scale as well

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I went to Suwon and I didn't die. Twice.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The only reason people went to Korea is because it was cheap. Now they flock to China or Japan.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I'm voting for the centaurs

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

"Oh, I have a flat tire. Better buy a new bicycle."

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Never change, Korea

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I don't remember who the goon was who posted that excellent list of rock music back in the day, but Jambinai just released their latest album and it's pretty awesome.

They Keep Silence

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I hope they do something with Abyss.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

ladron posted:

would you like to guess how many seasons korea has?

do you know jesus christu?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Bugblatter posted:

Man that got lovely fast.

Kind of like all the summer kpop singles so far. Man none of these have been very good have they?

none of these have ever been any good, except for centaur sistar

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Whenever I stayed in Seoul it was usually in Jongno, in between Jongno-3-ga and the palace. Pretty cool neighbourhood, and it's convenient. You're also nearby Anguk and ~*~THE BLUE STAR~*~

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Gildiss posted:

She was right.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Love Stole the Day posted:

All of you Europeans who love mayonnaise so much digust me.

Delete your account

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Evac?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Actually it was about states rights

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

You can still find your weird shoe sizes in Itaewon. Still wearing the sneakers I got there. If your shoes are larger than a Korean 305, welp

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

It'll probably have a bandwidth limit, and the terms of use probably won't allow it. You could just set up a raspberry pi at home and use that.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Anyone ever hike Seoraksan during the Fall Colors thing that happens? I'm going this Saturday with some co-workers and it looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

Yes. It's busy at the lower levels, less so when you get higher. But also very pretty. Eat all the pajeon and drink all the makgeolli.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

Oh boy that's a hard one in Korea. I am not sure I'd risk eating anything other than Korean bbq, the little dried or preserved shrimp are in everything. Don't eat any soups or kimchi for sure.

Bulgogi Burgers all day every day

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i hear THE LUMMOX and i think SISTAR CENTAUR

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Cousin of mine is in Seoul for a bit, is the Blue Star still open? Haven't been in Seoul for like four years now so I'm hoping I'm not sending him on a wild goose chase.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Milksteak posted:

What's the best burger place these days?

lotteria, for ever and always

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I'm looking for someone to send me nuruk. Will pay. PM for details.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Gonna be back in Korea in May. Is that makgeolli place next to Anguk station still open?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

superm0nk posted:

Story of the Blue Star (푸른별 주막)? Pretty sure it's still around. I was there a couple of months ago.

That's the one. Good to know, hope they still have their mugwort makgeolli.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

superm0nk posted:

The makgeolli is really nothing special, though. I'd recommend this place a lot more.

Late post but I'll be sure to check it out. If anyone feels like going hiking or just wants to hang out hit me up on KakaoTalk, my id is jeohist

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Blue Star seems to have expanded since last time I was there and they still had good mack and good service. There's another great place nearby Sookmyung Women's Uni exit 3 (막걸리이야기, 서울특별시 용산구 남영동 9-1, next to the Paris Baguette ) which is quiet with decent jazzy music.

Korea is still cool and people are still obsessed with Mexican food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Eat Your Kimchi 2.0: Drink Your Makgeolli