Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

bear is driving! posted:

The TTK is nuts. That was the one thing that stuck with me from playing for a few hours last night. That and it was really laggy. Those two things combined made the game very frustrating to play.

I realized that I might be getting to the point that being frustrated by video games isn't worth it. I'm on the fence about cancelling my pre-order and just playing BF1 this year. That game is smooth and fun as gently caress. Even when I die, it doesn't frustrate me and make me want to stop playing.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

The TTK is pretty insane, though I've had the reverse experience - in IW whenever I die I get it, mostly, but I am a bit frustrated. In BF1 I rarely ever see who is shooting me and it's just tanks up the rear end and SMLE/Martini spam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Quickscoping needs to be removed forever, somehow

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Mister Macys posted:

BLOPS 1 originally did it by making it hip-fire until fully zoomed in, with an instant of pure black between the transition.

Then they got complaints from the worst forms of human life, caved, and put it back in.

Yeah, I remember that, just like I remember pretending to be a corpse using Cold Blooded and a decoy grenade.

It's not super bad in this game as far as I can tell because of the already low TTK, but since this is a new beta there is just a massive influx of quick-scopers content to lose games and maintain a 0.8-or-below KDR.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Comedic effect aside, the camos in this game are atrocious.

The weapon customization is a step down from Blops 3 (though I'm glad that'll exclude variants from supply drops), and Awareness not being a perk plus Ghost going back to normal has me really worried.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

JackGeneric posted:

Awareness is the final trait of the Predator-lookin' rig. And actually, since you can switch your combat rig/payload/trait mid-game, you'd essentially be able to equip it as-needed.

Oh, that's good to know. I wasn't able to check out the last two rigs and I didn't quite look at FTL's stuff once I got it unlocked.

The game is so fast right now I honestly don't need it but coming off of Blops 3 where I was almost handicapped without it feels strange.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It stopped working earlier for me on the Bone as well, I know you PS4 folks are having a much worse time

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Yeah, games work fine for me now but I can't join friends at all. Sucks.

e: Got the Epic ERAD from a box, thing is silly

Zodack fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 22, 2016

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
imo the hitscan is much better than previous games, minus beta shenanigans. It's what makes the TTK feel so low. The spawns are kind of suspect but the hits feel more smooth than Blops 3 to me.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Drift0r is pretty bearable as far as CoD YouTubers go but I can't help but roll my eyes at him diagnosing the problems with the variant guns when he hasn't used any of them.

For example, he complains about the ERAD Cerberus. You get "an extra weapon, because why not?" - Except that the shotgun is very weak and uses ammo from the same reserves as the SMG.

Don't get me wrong this isn't the best CoD ever but a lot of that video seems to be him looking at the descriptions of things and saying "yes, this is overpowered because it looks overpowered". Him complaining about bull rush was silly because every time I've ever seen it used I just jump over it and kill the guy.

I agree with him on some weird lag and the spawns are completely screwed, yeah.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I wonder if I tweet at them REMOVE QUICKSCOPING over and over they'll do it?

Glad the snipers are getting taken down a notch, I don't think I have ever been hit by one that didn't kill me instantly.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I have zero intention of ever trying to pick up and learn quickscoping. I play the game just fine without it, and I definitely don't need a sniper to go over 2.0.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
In the killcam it doesn't show him having Ram Servo as an attachment. That was my guess, too. Maybe they bounce naturally and the ram server makes them... bounce more? Its description is "increases ricochets" or something to that effect so maybe energy weapons naturally bounce if you hit at the right angle.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Also - how'd he get the Volk? 30 is the max in the beta (unless PS4 is doing something special again) - that guy was 28 and none of the starter loadouts come with the Volk, either.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

free basket of chips posted:

Why is everything lagging and why is everyone using snipers

Infinity Ward

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
My success rate with dog mode is about 30/70 but this was a fun ride.

Also we lost that game.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
No. I looks neat, but I have no rl friends who are even remotely interested, and TF1 held my interest for like two weeks before I was done with it.

I get that TF2 is definitely more polished and probably better, but even at its worst I like CoD's solid multiplayer more. (We don't talk about Ghosts though)

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I've never been a particular fan of Zombies but so far everything I can see just looks like a carbon copy, with some added bells and whistles.

That flash animation / intro is absolutely atrocious

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
BO3 wasn't pay to win at all, IW seems like there might be a longer wait to get what you want but honestly a lot of the Epics don't offer much better benefits than the lower tier guns.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Mill Village posted:

One of the AR variants has no range fall off and no negative traits to balance it out. There's a LMG that deals double damage with 50% lower fire rate, that seems reasonable. IW is going to have to rebalance some of the gun perks.

We don't know that it has no range falloff. It has infinite damage range but for all we know that could mean it hits a certain number and keeps that instead of dropping off. I don't think that means it will necessarily do max damage at all ranges.

But yeah - that one in particular is really the only worrying one.

The double damage Mauler with half a fire rate seems goofy because it probably evens out to the same effectiveness. Akimbo shotguns is allegedly terrible, the ERAD with the shotgun is not great. The full auto R3KT is good but makes me wonder what makes it different from a common KBAR.

I hadn't really had any chance to try any more but the performance of the four or five epics I got to use made me pretty relieved about how the rest would perform.

But knowing IW, balance is out the window and I just haven't found it...

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Well, the Mauler is similar to the old Chain SAW from Ghosts, so part of its intended use is to hip fire it. ADS accuracy will greater benefit from a reduce fire rate, I'm sure.

I made a dumb setup with Merc and his ability to not lose mobility from any weapon, and then just ran around with the Mauler on the small beta maps acting like an idiot.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

sba posted:

IW seems way more pay to win than BLOPS3 was, some of the gun perks you can get are stupidly OP

Which ones in particular?

I'd argue there was nothing p2w about Blops 3, the large majority of the extra guns weren't anything amazing. The only one that comes to mind is the mx garand. Even then, it was o ly a few notches better than the Shieva.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

JackGeneric posted:

Yeah, there are only a few I'd worry about :
NV4: Infinite damage range. Moderate fire rate, high accuracy, and a 3-shot kill would make it pretty strong, even next to an LMG.
R3K: Fires in full auto. If the gun does more damage than other ARs, keeps that damage in full auto mode, and has a comparable fire rate, that might not be good.
RPR: Increased rate of fire. In the beta, that seemed like a straight buff, but in the post-mortem, they said they were going to up the recoil to compensate.
Mauler: Double damage, decreased rate of fire. Gorgon-level damage on something with a tight hip-fire spread could be obnoxious. Or not.

I've given my piece about the NV4 but I have to suspect it doesn't hit maximum damage at all ranges, but another value somewhere before the normal versions falloff. Or maybe it does hit max damage in which case that might get annoying.

I actually got to use the R3K in the beta. Believe it or not, the fire rate is on par with or slower than the KBAR. I'm gonna guess the R3K has much better damage fallout but honestly they're both 3 shot kills at pretty much the same engagement range...

The Mauler does seem cool and probably strong. Doing stupid stuff with the regular version and Merc was fun enough

JackGeneric posted:

A bunch of them are silly:
Erad: Shotgun alt-fire mode. We strapped a close-quarters weapon to your already serviceable close-quarters weapon.

I also got to use this, got it out of a drop. It was garbage. Not entirely, it's second perk is more stability, but shotguns in the beta were absolute trash. And it drew its ammo from the same mag, so you'd spam the shotgun up close and then switch back and be missing a few shots.

The transition was cool (you turn it on its side and it has a second sight) but it was kind of a fun gimmick and nothing more. Hearing Drift0r complain about it gave me a good laugh that he thought it was OP.

Plus trying to switch modes really quickly by holding Y made me just switch to my fists sometimes.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

widespread posted:

I remember a fast mags-like attachment for that, where it just charges faster. Seems like that's the way to go if you got that variant, assuming the charge makes it less painful.

I'm fairly sure the charging pulls ammo out of reserve, and this variation just seems like it's reserve will be 0... But hey, with scavenger on, problem solved! Or Merc's thing that gives max ammo, if that would work into the equation.

Didn't BO2 have some LMGs where extended mag just dumped the rest of your reserve into your magazine?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It's weird that everyone hated AW because I had a solid time to with it and never knew.

Ghosts on the other hand was, yeah, a garbage fire. I'm glad IW didn't go back but I'm still worried.

At least there's Blops3 to fall back on.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

^burtle posted:

I dug it a lot too. Coming back from Destiny I always have to readjust to how paper thin it feels though.

I loathe Destiny's PvP but play it out of necessity sometimes and have fun.

Except I always try to use RB to melee when I go back to CoD.

So what is up with this game, anyways? Is it out? Is it not? Drift0r was streaming MWR and I see streams of IW up on Twitch but they're all foreign. Just early copy nonsense, yeah?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Superanos posted:

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/794162255143256064

Can't craft it all. They'll probably put even better Epics in the supply drops!

That's awful but at least we know 1 / 3 Epics isn't any kind of p2w nonsense.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Pleasantly surprised that the beta camos were placeholders. I mean, come on, but it looks like we have a nice selection of pretty alright camos this go around.

Even if you can't preview anything that is locked, which is kind of hosed up?

So far so good, I like some of the new maps and dislike others. Game feels the same as the beta, just less quickscopers and more campers because it's release day.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

That's probably not Activision's fault

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

SilentW posted:

Is COD officially dead now? I watched versus stream IW MP last night and it looked like a loving dumpster fire.

I don't think any of the studios can do anything to make people stop buying CoD.

IW isn't great but it's better than Ghosts and Ghosts survived.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
60 keys down, two sets of 2 whites, 1 blue

lovin it

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
This bonus Salvage from the Rare drops is such a joke. Thanks for the 10 Salvage, I'll need that when I try to go up the chain to get that 3500 Salvage Epic, and the 1600 Salvage Legendary before it, etc

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
1 white supply drop has given me a purple, but four blues have given me nothing but 2 white, 1 blue

Getting real sick of this already

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Mister Macys posted:

Have you tried buying more?

Yeah, give me a second and I'll drop $49.99 on the season pass to get 10 of the blue ones and a whole 1000 salvage

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It's pretty incredible how lovely the salvage economy is. 25-26 Salvage is a rare drop from boxes. I get +10 - 15 on average from rare boxes. I've gotten big payouts before, but only once or twice.

This coupled with how much Legendary and Epic variants cost is awful.

Plus shotguns suck in this game and it makes me depressed.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I honestly should. I feel like if they do, they'll retroactively reward us but it won't be the same if we don't hoard.

On the flip side they make take months to address it and that would be excruciating. They've got their hands full in one regard with that awful FPS drop bug on Xbox one.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Yeah - like I said, I've gotten big payouts too. 132 and 200. The other 10+ boxes I've opened have all been 10 - 20, unfortunately.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

FirstPersonShitter posted:

how much do the orange weapons cost to craft in scrap? Ive been poopsocking the free weekend like a champ but I'm barely up to 1800 scrap, and thats with the 1000 i got from being a moron and preordering the thing. I know the purple guns are 2000 which is crazy, so Im guessing if I want the orange mauler its gonna be like 4000.

Purples are 2000, which is up 400 from the 1600 they were in the beta.

Oranges in the beta were 3500, so expect either that or something ridiculous like 4-5k.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Funny story, if you prestige and use your unlock token on a Rig's Payload and Trait you can spawn in as it but you get no Payload or Trait and are treated as Warfighter for unlock purposes. Guess you gotta "unlock" the Rig at the appropriate level to even use it regardless of the token you spend.

Absolutely ridiculous. On top of that, the lag compensation in my area seems very bad, and I don't think I've been in a full game in 80% of the games I'm in. I just finished an 8-minute 2v2 and IW just will not add any more teammates to sides that lose members. I've gone one 2v6 games before for five, six minutes before we lost miserably. It's embarrassing and frustrating.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Carecat posted:

This guy has the best luck.

:eyepop:

Honestly this image is IW in a nutshell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It lists itself as $59.99, even when you add it to your cart online - but the deal is that when it's in your cart, it's $35.99. You can see the price change when you go to checkout.

Just scooped it up, hopefully when I get frustrated with IW it'll be a good game to bounce to along with BF1.

• Locked thread