Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
C5RR-QTND-EFTB
MM3B-D5NR-K9H9

Won't be playing tonight, but add me on PSN at rvenutolo for tomorrow night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Nighthand posted:

It looks like the old HC crew is all playing PS4, is that going to stay the same for release or are some of you going with the bone version? I haven't preordered either one yet.

I'm getting both, and I figure I'll play where more goons are, which I suspect with be Xbone.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Wazzit posted:

They nerfed Stock?? What a weird thing to do. I don't remember it being a problem.

Boo to this change. I can understand why they did it, but I'm not happy about it.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
7J4F7-FW6K6-PXF9Y-QH23M-D944Z
CDGFK-XRX3C-J334C-JD2D9-7JRQZ

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Vile posted:

Are you still On Xbox ven? Been a while since we played together

Yes. I hated AW, so I didn't play it after Thanksgiving. I much prefer PS4 and play everything on it aside from CoD, so I haven't been on XBL in months.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Zombie Boat posted:

Downloading this blackness

Yay for ZB. Missed you, boo.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Pretty_Llama posted:

Any xbox codes?

Check yo Facebook messages.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
If you don't respond to the beta survey by telling them to add sprint reload canceling, we can't be friends anymore.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Hackan Slash posted:

I agree that sprint cancelling is the one true way to cancel, but guns reload so late in the animation I'm not sure it's worth it.
Reload canceling also is useful for when you simply want to cancel the reload so you can shoot quickly regardless of having the reload be successful. If I've started a reload with 8 bullets left, and then some enemy shows up, I want to cancel my reload and at least try to shoot the dude with my 8 remaining bullets.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Hackan Slash posted:

Not sure how they'd implement it though, because you can reload while sprinting now, even without gung-ho

I did not know this was a thing. Ugh.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Basically I just want the guns to be like Blops2, the perks to be like Blops2, and and killstreaks to be like Blops2, and then call the game Blops2.1.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Double Y works this year (some years it doesn't)

I don't have years of muscle memory for YY reload canceling. I'm an old dog who doesn't want to learn new tricks.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Happy birthday, Juicen. :(

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
How does Extinction differ from Zombies?

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Zapper posted:

Post your favorite/best black ops game clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkIdOXSThFo

Blops1 had such good grenade spots and you could throw the grenades far. I loved dropping grenades on flags over buildings.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
I think Nukeboat is my favorite map across all CoD games.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Pretty_Llama posted:

Also where is our montage this video lied to me

Release date was updated at the end of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4KG7B1xxr0&t=556s

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
I did it, you guys! I drank an entire pack of Diet Mountain Dew in a year! It was so worth it. Bring on the Hardees!

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

victrix posted:

Uh, FO is 4 and Halo is 5, this game is only 3

Don't get FO4. Get THPS5.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
HCCTF: yay!

No HCKC or HCDom: mega boo!

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Aphrodite posted:

The Xbox itself tells me open while CoD says Moderate, so I assume the issue is with the game.

This might be due to the Xbone checking the regular ports (TCP: 80, UDP: 88, 500, 3544, 4500, TCP/UDP: 53, 3074), and CoD also checking TCP/UDP 3075.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
High caliber sucks if you're like me and just always shoot dudes in the dick.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

versus posted:

Ok I'm doing this a couple of hours later than I planned but whatever. I'm streaming http://www.twitch.tv/versussa

beard is op plz nerf

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Safe Driver posted:

You can shoot down rolling thunder ships with a gun and they're worth 150 points each. If you're quick you can get 5+ shot down.

Do you shoot the planes or the bombs?

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Any idea what time Double XP starts?

1pm Eastern.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

God I love HC. We should play some HC Dom and CTF soon. You missed me getting kicked for a double kill on Jack and Ty which was NOT MY FAULT.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
If people are much better than you, it isn't because of their guns. Git gud.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Daily Forecast posted:

That's my point. They're already way better than I am and the pretty big difference in guns (when I actually manage to kill somebody and I pick up their gun that I've never seen before, I mysteriously start doing pretty alright until I die and spawn with the shitgun) just makes it so that I don't feel like I'm practicing or getting better at all.
There is no big difference in guns. That's all in your head. Those guys who are dominating you would do so with just about any gun. The earlier guns are not non-competitive with the later unlocked ones.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Malloc Voidstar posted:

So I'm hearing 2x weapon XP is also giving 2x cryptokeys. I'm getting 2 keys per full match so it might be true? Didn't pay enough attention to the usual rate to tell.

You get extra progress towards keys from winning and staying in the same playlist. Last weekend I was often getting two or three keys per match. That being said, Treyarch could have increased how often you get keys since then.

venutolo fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 27, 2015

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Vykk Draygo posted:

How can I join up with the Xbone community?

ID: ToledoTorpedo

I think as a group Xbone goons have taken to using Xbox parties and when one wants to find a group, just join an existing party and ask if they've got room. So feel free to join whatever party I'm in and ask if we have room.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Deviant posted:

Man, at least goons put up with my .38 K/D rear end. Can't figure out why my 75 down connection has 3 bars though. :c

Bandwidth does not equal latency.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Deviant posted:

Yeah, but it consistently tests at a full 75 sustained and maxes out to a variety of geographical locations so there's no loving reason for this.

That is irrelevant.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Wifi (generally) has significantly more latency than hardwired, and I would imagine it is much more prone to problems.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Deviant posted:

Fast Hands

Not specific to your post, but I think it is worth pointing out to the thread that the Fast Hands functionality doesn't fully match up to the description. It doesn't actually allow you to ADS quicker after sprint, but allows you to hipfire quicker. So if you are using it solely for quicker ADS after sprint, it is a waste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN6Qwauenwk

Of course, this guys tests could be wrong or insufficient in covering all combinations and this stuff could be patched later. I had assumed the Fast Hands allowed quicker ADS, so I thought this was worth sharing.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Javes posted:

e: double post

get some postskill bro

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
To follow up on the previous Fast Hands video I posted a few days ago, the guy posted a follow-up based on feedback from some giant nerd victrix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5euvGa-A9w

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Activate team camp mode!

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Any PS4 folks want to tell us if today's patch fixed the Overkill/VMP bug?

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Yamacruiser posted:

Update just dropped on the bone. Looks like the 1 credit for common/3 for rare exchange rate is right. Got 15 credits for 12 commons and 1 rare.

10 for whichever between Legendary or Epic is listed second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Hackan Slash posted:

Also, yes you should swap grip for high caliber. It's probably the worst attachment since it has such a small effect.

I don't understand how people like high caliber so much. I shoot people in the dick.

• Locked thread