Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
One can see one's own shadow by the looks of it.

How are the graphics compared to AW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Undead Muppet posted:

The character models look slightly worse, but Treyarch's character models have always looked worse than the other CoDs for whatever reason. Otherwise everything else is a visual upgrade to AW. The weapon models are particularly good looking in BLOPS 3, and I never experience a single instance of framerate dropping.

I saw some nice lighting effects in the beta, on YouTube videos. One commentator said he thought the character models stood out from the background a bit better than the other games - confirm/deny?

What happens tomorrow with the codes for the beta for Xbox? Are they just emailed out and you redeem them in Xbox Live or something?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

If anyone in the UK is having trouble redeeming the code, as I have had all day, the solution is to log in to xbox.com on your browser and change the region to Brazil. Or Brasil, if you're Microsoft.

Instructions are here:
http://www.gamesradar.com/black-ops-3-beta-code-not-working-xbox-one/

I am now using the infinite power of the cloud to download this loving thing 12 hours late at at astonishing 2.34Mbit/s.

It's only a game and it's only a beta, but Jesus loving Hitler this is one of the few quarts of solace I have in my life.

How does PSN compare with Xbox Live these days? Hardly a day goes by where some app or function isn't fully functional.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

SubponticatePoster posted:

Functional for the most part, occasionally goes down but it's not constant. PSN's biggest problem is the incredibly lovely download speeds which can sometimes be fixed by pausing and resuming your download. PSN speed has always been poo poo.

It's just not acceptable in this day and age for services we all pay for. This never seems to happen to Steam.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Stux posted:

psn compared to current xbl is basically solid as a rock. not a single release has brought the thing down since the ps4 launched.

SubponticatePoster says its connection speeds are slow. On Steam for instance, I never get download speeds like I anywhere else. 88Mbps down normally. I am still downloading BlOps 3 this morning because apparently the Xbox doesn't consider downloading to be "activity" and shut itself off after one hour.

It's downloading this morning at 15Mbps, wired viz Cat6 ethernet into a decent router. Steam trounces XBL and I don't have to pay £40 a year for it. Something's inherently poo poo about that.

I'll stop my derail now, I'm just eager to give this a go. I really love AW (when I don't get shafted with crap connections) and BlOps 3 looks like a nice progression from that.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Why aren't they using 100% dedicated servers? They've more money than most poor countries.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I'd like them to add in the double tap quick reload from Advanced Warfare - faster reload, but you lose all remaining ammo in the magazine.

The slide mechanic from AW where it carries your forward momentum when you jump out of a slide would also be nice. It's a good touch that you can boost out of water onto solid ground - I'd expected it to just let you boost to the surface of the water, then have to boost again to get out.

I hope the other maps have more opportunities for wall running.

I like that I can see my shadow. All toned and regal.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Roman posted:

https://community.callofduty.com/co...y-black-ops-iii

For anyone still on PS3/360: No campaign, paint shop, or e-sports stuff. Just multi and zombies. $49.99 w/free download of Black Ops 1

Sounds like this will be the last gasp for the last gen consoles for CoD releases. Hopefully when they're laid to rest they can start beefing up the engine a lot more when they don't have to have at least some scalability with 10 year old hardware.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Duke Chin posted:

:lol: at this post

Cause the engine itself is ancient and they don't really care?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Can the application form please be changed to read "Whose side are you on?" Please?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I wonder what they've done with the three years of development that they couldn't do in two?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

What?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

No love for MW3's Overwatch?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

What's happening on top of those vehicles?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Jesus that is some weak sauce. I had BlOps 1 for the PS3 and 360 and the PS3 version looked horrendous by comparison, jagged edges everywhere. I estimate the resolution to have been about 50p. I hear the last-gen releases of BlOps 3 will likely be locked at 30fps, has anyone else come across that info?

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Nov 2, 2015

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

It would be a laugh if the digital downloads didn't include the day one patch, which you then had to spend 4 hours downloading in order to play online.

Question for Xboners. Last November on DAY ZERO it took ages for Advanced Warfare to install and patch before I could get playing. My connection speeds are decent (76Mbmps down, 19Mbps up) but the Xbox often doesn't hit those speeds even though it's capable, according to the bandwidth test.

So when I get this bad boy tomorrow, am I better installing it from the disc while offline, and then download the patch when I connect to the intertubes, or should I let it do that simultaneous install/download thing?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I'm installing it in the UK here, just delivered from Amazon. Where is the Nuk3town code?

I pre-ordered Ghosts and it didn't come with a code for Free Fall and I got passed from pillar to post between Amazon and Activision and didn't get anywhere.

I want my Nuk3town.

Edit: WTF, is this accurate?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/black-ops-3-nuketown-map-is-uk-exclusive-at-retail/1100-6432005/

quote:

General pre-orders on Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 in the UK will not include access to the Nuketown multiplayer map, as was previously indicated. Instead, only those that have put money down at high-street retailer GAME will have access to it.

Thus far, Activision has not highlighted this exclusivity and, instead, indicated the content would be available for simply pre-ordering, regardless of where.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Nov 6, 2015

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

jabro posted:

We need to have all the quotes of people saying this is a good game in the OP so we can see the same people saying it's poo poo in a month. How this happens every release is amazing.

Did anyone like Ghosts to begin with? Single player was meh, but I thought multiplayer was atrocious.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

el B posted:

Who was that guy who always raged at CoD and tackled trees in the woods? Has he made any Blops 3 videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQIVQcRMxfE

Edit: The end of match animation where the top three players appear is a bit rough - after the top player says their thing, they reach behind them and their main weapon just spawns there.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 7, 2015

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

So weird Achievement bug on the Xbone. I just completed the first mission on Hardened difficulty and got the Disavowed achievement, saying I've completed the game on Hardened, Veteran or Realistic. 20Gs. Anyone else had this?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

victrix posted:

eat it smg lover :smugdog:

(Pharo owns)

poo poo I just unlocked this, it's a beast. The sad thing is there's no way it's not getting nerfed in next month's patch.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

If I buy the Season Pass, do I automatically get access to Nuketown?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Is anyone sometimes getting a weird screen-jumping issue when they have the satellite on Uplink games? The sound for footsteps occasionally mucks up and the entire screen jumps up and down rapidly, usually until I get rid of the satellite.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

victrix posted:

You can shoot down Hellstorms :haw:

With a regular gun :haw:

All you have to do is aim up and spray shots at it, if you get it before it splits, it'll detonate in mid air.

Who had the audacity to attempt this?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Is this where we're posting codes for the Xbox One beta or is there an Infinite Warfare thread? I've got a few to share.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Guys I think I genuinely like infinite warfare.

Ditto. Anything but Ghosts 2 (I think Ghosts 1 is the worst entry in the franchise, by far) probably would have been fine for me, but I think the core mechanics of the game are just plain fun. There's the usual CoD bullshit with lag, campers and all that, but it looks good, sounds good, and the guns mostly feel great to use.

I quite like most of the maps too (except Throwback) and all things considered, I'm glad I've ordered it.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Regarding Advanced Warfare, Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare being developed over 3 years instead of the usual 2 - do we have any idea what each studio used the extra time for?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-changed-after-it/1100-6444932/

Changes to IW after the beta.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

CheeseFactory posted:

Ghosts was good.

AW was a garbage fire.

You got those reversed. I was worried that Ghosts 2 would be this year's release, so I was relieved when IW was announced.

Ghosts was bland, unimaginative, boring, and clearly lacked any enthusiasm from Infinity Ward.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Mister Macys posted:

And then spent three years hitting the photocopy button on BLOPS 3, making sure to cross off Treyarch's name everywhere.

And it's still a better game than Ghosts. IW4EVA :love:

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Mister Macys posted:

Not really. The netcode actually works in Ghosts. And it has Extinction, which was fun.

I don't know what it was about Ghosts but the netcode hated my face. I'm reasonable at all the CoD games but with Ghosts I died relentlessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

fit em all up in there posted:

I also bought TF2 but it isn't getting here until Tuesday

From which part of the third world do you hail?

• Locked thread